Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 25 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW6 User Tom Lewandowski 1 2018-03-27 10:54:00
Question TAW6 Turning off AutoStart? Bob Collier 2 2017-06-14 14:35:08
Question TVMW6 .MXF FILES TurnpikeWarrior 0 2017-06-07 00:06:39
Question TMSR5 I don't understand how to do simple things in this program. Please help! JaiBubwan 2 2017-06-08 02:03:10
Question TAW6 OUTPUT Failure ... Bug? Tom Lewandowski 7 2017-06-09 05:25:26
Question TAW6 Creating custom menus in TAW 6 - Is it possible? Roger 2 2017-06-02 21:26:29
Question TAW5 BBS Blu ray add tracks, menu option goes away. SmeltzerDeltzer 0 2017-05-29 14:05:02
Question TVMW6 How to delete the select range in timeline? Jack 2 2017-05-27 10:10:43
Bug report TMSR5 Unsupported file bzi999 1 2017-05-24 19:18:15
Bug report TAW6 Subtitles layout headache JeanPaulo 1 2017-05-25 21:10:48
Request TAW6 Subtitles cutting more difficult JeanPaulo 1 2017-05-25 13:54:58
Request TAW6 Menu page pictures and background. JeanPaulo 3 2017-06-07 13:30:27

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 25 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW6 - User No.70775
Tom Lewandowski  2017-06-08 05:04:29 ( ID:zi2r14rk.pf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been receiving error messages in the TAW6 demo while editing ‘User Added Items’, both images and text:

“An error occurred while saving the data. Refer to the error content below:

This parameter is incorrect. (Error code 0x80070057)”

I haven’t noticed if the same ‘error code’ appears each time I’ve received it. But, it happens when using the ‘Move to front/back’ edit function (with both images and text), resizing images, moving images and text boxes.

I can't get passed this error unless I save the project, close the program and restart it; I can than edit the image or text that was producing the error, and continue working for a while...before it happens again.

It appears that, even though Pegasus support staff don’t respond on this forum, they DO respond to software problems noted here when updating their products. It’s obvious by their correcting issues I’ve mentioned on this forum. After all, they can’t successfully sell a buggy product, especially when they’ve created a forum specifically for customers to find support.

Brian  2018-03-27 10:54:00 ( ID:shajjqfcepn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry this comes about 6 months too late for you, but I encountered the same issue over the weekend. When I searched the error code, I not only found your question (which had no responses), I also found articles from Microsoft that indicated that this is an access permission issue. Long story short: I had burned a DVD last week that ended up needing a few tweaks. I re-rendered the source files (in other software) and tried to recreate the DVD. TMPGEnc could no longer recognize the re-rendered source files. I was able to re-add them pretty easily before deleting the old references to them. So far so good.
Bottom line: If you edit a file being used by TMPGEnc, it may not be recognized and you may have to re-add and then delete the original. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Question - TAW6 - Turning off AutoStart? No.70771
Bob Collier  2017-06-07 05:27:58 ( ID:avlymbfi7hh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just sent an email to technical support, but maybe I might be able to get assistance here more quickly.

We are discovering that the program seems to default to start automatically playing the first track of our DVDs after sitting at any menu for a few moments. Can't seem to figure out where to turn that feature OFF.

We need the DVDs to stay at whatever menu is on screen until the user opts to start playing the DVD. Is there a setting that we have yet to find to actually shut that autoplay feature OFF?

Thank you in advance!

tkrave  2017-06-07 13:21:25 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wow. That sounds like a bug because I don't think there's a setting for that. It should stay on the menu.
There is an autostart feature but it will not display the menu at all; just play the track when you insert the disc.

phylbert  2017-06-14 14:35:08 ( ID:kgeqgweitzh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Bob,

Are you perhaps using Motion Menus?

There's a selector on the "Motion Menus" tab of the "DVD Video Global Menu Settings" panel, that lets you specify what happens when the Motion Menu has played out.

You can set it to do nothing, to loop, or to jump in and start playing the tracks.
Perhaps you've got it set to the latter?

The behaviour you describe is quite common on retail DVDs, but it'd be nice to control it.

Question - TVMW6 - .MXF FILES No.70770
TurnpikeWarrior  2017-06-07 00:06:39 ( ID:rs1qrqul692 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does Video Mastering Works 6 accept .mxf files from a P2 card?

Question - TMSR5 - I don't understand how to do simple things in this program. Please help! No.70766
JaiBubwan  2017-06-05 15:26:16 ( ID:epnnm0ftfd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I edit a video, I have to do two things:
1) Select a segment & save it to a new file.
2) Then remove that selected segment from the overall video, which also has to be saved to a new file.

I'm used to the simple SolveigMM interface. You mark a segment. Right click and save it. Then right click and delete it from the timeline. Press one button to save new video (with segment removed).

But in TMPGEnc Smart Renderer, it is so complicated. After I mark a segment, I see no option to quickly save the clip. There are so many confusing buttons. I tried reading the help manual...but it doesn't make sense to me.

Can someone please tell me some steps to accomplish the two things I need to do?

tkrave  2017-06-06 14:06:49 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you want to save both the part your are editing out and the resulting video with the edit?

You can't do it the way SolveigMM does it, mostly because TMSR5 does not use a timeline for editing.

In the clip editor window, you should select the segment you want to edit by using the split clip button to mark the beginning and end of the area you want to cut. The split clip button looks like this: <-|-> (a left arrow, a dividing line, and a right arrow). Once done, you should have blue and orange-marked segments.

Then click on OK. A window will appear asking which segments to keep; you'll want to keep both the blue and orange segments in your case.

You'll be back in the clip list window and you should have 3 clips (if you only want to remove one section). You should save the project now as a base project to create the two resulting videos you want.

After saving, delete the segment you want removed, then you can save and output that as your first file. There is an output option to merge all the clips into one video to create your edited overall video.

Reload your base project file and delete the other segments so you only have the section you want to edit out. Then save and output that.

Hope that makes sense. It sounds complicated, but it's not bad once you get used to it. It's just a different way of editing.

JaiBubwan  2017-06-08 02:03:10 ( ID:epnnm0ftfd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tkrave,

Thank you for your great advice! I understand now.

Though I think one thing that can easily be improved by developers is the "Format > Output Mode" option. Currently, you can either "connect all clips" or "save ALL clips separately".

But for some reason, you cannot choose specific clips to output or merge. This means you have to keep saving & reloading projects to isolate or merge desired clips. Needlessly inefficient.

Question - TAW6 - OUTPUT Failure ... Bug? No.70753
Tom Lewandowski  2017-06-01 18:25:21 ( ID:zi2r14rk.pf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just completed my first BD authoring project in TAW6 and wanted to output the project to a hard disc folder. I pressed the START OUTPUT button and received the error message:

"Can't Extract Keyword 'MediaVolumeSize_25G'"

Does anyone know what this means. The BD project was originally created in TAW5 and was output without problems. After importing the TAW5 project file, the settings remained the same in TAW6. The "SIMULATION" worked fine, as well. The video clips were all imported from an existing BD thus none required re-rendering.

Any thoughts?

tkrave  2017-06-02 14:01:15 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried contacting user support? They'd know best what that error message means.

Tom Lewandowski  2017-06-02 16:50:29 ( ID:zi2r14rk.pf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The demo states that it's NOT supported so, no ... I didn't contact the support staff.

tkrave  2017-06-03 16:59:19 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For questions about trial versions, I think you can use their Pre-Sales Inquiry form on the contact page: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/contact.html

Does your project exceed 25GB in size? Maybe it has to do with that. Or it could be some kind of bug.

Tom Lewandowski  2017-06-03 17:55:24 ( ID:zi2r14rk.pf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe I'll try contacting Pegasys regarding that error message.

Yes and no on project size; TAW6 calculates the project at around 35GB, though based on TAW5 projects (which also overestimated project size), it'll like write the project using less than 22GB. All files in the layout are SR compliant and will simply be copied ... not rerendered. I always set output size to "none", anyway, because of TAW's exaggerated project size estimates; I don't want TAW trying to render any files to make them smaller.

However, I did try indicating 50GB output, write to hard disc folder, and write to disc -- but it didn't help. My guess is that TAW6 is trying to apply a 25GB disc size output to a TAW5 project where the project output size was set at NONE.

linonata  2017-06-03 22:07:31 ( ID:fdjeb6efieh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To work around this problem, select Custom Target Size, without changing Custom Target Size
In this way the output size of the project remains unchanged

tkrave  2017-06-06 14:09:08 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW6 was updated yesterday and it looks like you ran into a bug. Download the latest version and hopefully you won't run into this issue again.

Here's the line from the revision history:

"Fixed: Could not start output because an error occurred when a Blu-ray (BDMV) project exceeded the estimated output size of 25 GB. "

Tom Lewandowski  2017-06-09 05:25:26 ( ID:zi2r14rk.pf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The update did the trick with my output error.

Question - TAW6 - Creating custom menus in TAW 6 - Is it possible? No.70751
Roger  2017-05-31 03:16:00 ( ID:zxhjy9f5iur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using a trial version of TAW 6 and wonder if there is a way to create custom menues without using buttons from TAW? I did create the menu using the Menu Wizard and did choose "Create Custom Menu by Choosing Layout and Items".

It seems like there is impossible to create a text item and use that text item as a button and it seems *totally impossible* to delete a "Thumbnail of Chapter" and the "Play Track Button" and thus making a custom menu impossible to create. I don´t want a thumbnail.

I like the interface of TAW and the fact that chapter markers created in Premiere Pro carries over from Premiere Pro to TAW when using the "TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for Premiere Pro" but it seems like a no-go to create a 100% custom menu.

What have i missed?

tkrave  2017-05-31 13:03:05 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's true that you can't make a completely 100% custom menu with TAW6, but it is not impossible to do what you are asking; I think you just overlooked the options that are available.

There is an option to create text buttons when making a custom menu; for the play/page buttons, it's the first item in the list of all the button styles. Select that, and then you can edit the button text to say whatever you want.
If you don't want thumbnails, simply choose a layout that is text only (the layouts that end in "D" are text only).

You can't delete menu items that are there by default, but you can choose whether to show them or not by going to the Global Menu Settings --> Item Display tab, and then unchecking the items you don't want shown. This is how you disable the play button or any other button you want to disable.

It would be nice if you could create custom buttons where you add an image or text item and then assign a function to it, but unfortunately, TAW6 doesn't work like that.

Roger  2017-06-02 21:26:29 ( ID:zxhjy9f5iur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the answer!

The issue with so limited options for linking buttons, setting End Actions on timelines, to easily choose to create a custom menu with let´s say three buttons were button 1 plays timeline 1, button 2 plays timeline 2, etc is the very reason i won´t buy TAW 6.

It would be great if Pegasys would make a version with two "modes":
One mode is the way it works today and the other mode, let´s call it advanced, gives the user the power to create 100% custom menus with buttons you can easily link, or re-link and the ability to have total control over what happens when each timeline reach it´s end.

Today i use Adobe Encore CS6 and have total control over menues/buttons/end actions, etc but there are several things in TAW 6 that makes Encore feel like an old dinasour.

TAW really shines but the big disadvantage is the automation of menues, buttons etc. Automation can be good, but it can also be a disaster. For example, i created a project with three timelines and when i changed the menu TAW failed to "see" timeline 2 and timeline 3 despite the Play All button on the menu. If i had better in-application-control over button linking i could have fixed that but now i had to create a brand new project.

I really hope that this will change, but it feels that it will not since TAW 5 behaved the same.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Blu ray add tracks, menu option goes away. No.70749
SmeltzerDeltzer  2017-05-29 14:05:02 ( ID:zrvvx2po9jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I've added a "first play" option along with 2 tracks. When I go to add "track 3" the "Menu" tab is greyed out and is no longer available to click on. As soon as I delete "track 3" the "menu" tab becomes available to click on once again. What gives? I've never had this issue at all in the past.

Question - TVMW6 - How to delete the select range in timeline? No.70745
Jack  2017-05-26 08:48:31 ( ID:1dmolhtncjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I'm trying to edit videos in timeline, I can select the range using these shortcuts [ and ], but how can I delete them from the keyboard?

I read the shortcuts documentation, but I found nothing

#2 How can I change shortcats ?? is that possible ?

tkrave  2017-05-26 13:32:47 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can simply hit the "Delete" button to delete the selected range, or use CTRL+SHIFT+A. It's in the shortcut documentation under the Cut Edit window section.

Jack  2017-05-27 10:10:43 ( ID:/luvpt5jwar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you it works now. I noticed that I was selecting all the clip, so that's why delete didn't work as it should.

Bug report - TMSR5 - Unsupported file No.70735
bzi999  2017-05-23 17:22:53 ( ID:5l.detkvqkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a few DVB-T recordings that I would like to record but the trial version of TMPGEnc Smart Renderer can't open them although I can play it and open in other programs.
Here's a small sample (9MB): https://pkj360.s.cld.pt

Zakk  2017-05-24 19:18:15 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I have a few DVB-T recordings that I would like to record but the trial version of TMPGEnc Smart Renderer can't open them although I can play it and open in other programs.
>Here's a small sample (9MB): https://pkj360.s.cld.pt

The sample's format is MPEG-4 Video Part2. TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 does not support the format other than that of MPEG-4 AVC.
Please check the recording settings of your capture device, then change to MPEG-4 AVC(H.264) if it is possible.

Bug report - TAW6 - Subtitles layout headache No.70734
JeanPaulo  2017-05-22 21:57:41 ( ID:jeltb9zrij. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found a serious problem in V6 (and a lesser one).

First, the lesser one: When you edit subtitles, there is a frame that allow you to position the subtitle higher or lower on the screen.
This is wery useful for a 16/9 'Cinemascope' movie with black bands.

However, this can only be made ligne by ligne, and quite impossible for a movie with 1400 titles!

Second a very troubling problem. When you edit the titles you frequently load them several times (after outer corrections)

Then a message says that you can load them (.srt), but you may loose the layout. If Not, you just have done nothing.

But if you say 'yes', you LOOSE completely the layout, even if you set one as default for the whole usage, and return to a non descript large font covering a 1/3 of the frame.

You must restart again the layout défintion...

JeanPaulo  2017-05-25 21:10:48 ( ID:jeltb9zrij. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just received a message from support that gives the solution to the first problem: How to change the position of all subs at once.

>if you want to change the position of all subtitles at once, try this:
- in Subtitle edit > import your subtitles
- in Edit menu > choose Edit layout >
Subtitle position: choose the position and the setting should be applied
to all subtitles. <

In fact, I have to use the option "x% from picture border" (second line of the menu 'center', bottom'...), and then it will put the subtitles in a better position for all titles.

Request - TAW6 - Subtitles cutting more difficult No.70733
JeanPaulo  2017-05-22 21:48:11 ( ID:jeltb9zrij. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am used to the creation of text (.srt) subtitles from .ts sources, as it is easier to get them as 'default' or 'Optionnal' in the menus.

In V3, there was only .srt support, so there si a great improvment in V5/V6.

However, the subtitles are now 'Cut' as well as the clip and sound. This is fine when you start from a full .ts flow.

But I just tried to repair a clip that had a 1 minute completely corrupt flow in the middle. So the Sound and the subtitles were severely out of sync (30 seconds).

I tried to cut the movie, + presentation, in 4 different clips. The automatic cutting was a nightmare to compute where to cut the .srt files et get them at the right place.

The sound was easier to set in the last clip with the 'audio' options. (the bad one is just garbage...)

An option to 'not change the layout' when reading a .srt file would be very useful, with a straight timeline from 00 instead of whatever WAS there before.

(a second reason is the subject of my next bug report)

JeanPaulo  2017-05-25 13:54:58 ( ID:jeltb9zrij. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd like to clarify my text:

There are two different situations:

1) The subtitles are included in the source clip, or are added BEFORE any cutting. In that case, it is normal that they are edited along with the audio and pictures.
(that was not possible in V3)

2) The subtitles are added AFTER the editing. That would be the case is they are imported for a full movie, sometimes with a different frequency (24, 25, 30 I/s).

In that case, they should NOT be 'retimed', but the start time should be kept as the 00 for the current clip. Even as there is now a 'shift' function, the value to use may be difficult to find. If there are several cuts (ads) it may be just a headache to do it.

Request - TAW6 - Menu page pictures and background. No.70732
JeanPaulo  2017-05-22 21:37:22 ( ID:jeltb9zrij. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Follows my first post:

I frequently use clips from TNT, where the most frequent for a 4/3 (standard) movie is to be inserted into a 16/9 frame, with lateral black bands.

Depending on the subject, I capture some images, and edit them to use as background for the menu pages.

Of course, I can create a picture in a 16/9 format, with or without bands.

But when I do have a good 4/3 image, if I paste it in the menu, I get WHITE bands instead on black. (This is very ugly on the TV)

There does not seems to be a way to change this ?

(I mailed those subjects to Support too)

Thanks for Help

phylbert  2017-05-24 16:51:53 ( ID:9lkhh.bmoo2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi JeanPaulo,

My usual work-around is to use the 4:3 image as an extra image on the page, rather than making it the actual background, and using a fully black image as the background itself...

1) Select any one of the standard 16:9 backgrounds, and from the "Effects for Background" tab, switch on the "Color and Pattern" option, select a black "Color/Pattern", and slide the "Opacity" control to 100%.

2) Add the 4:3 image you want to use, with the "Adds a picture or video menu item" button in the toolbar on the "Page Edit" tab. Double-click this image to open the "Menu Item Edit" dialog, and make sure that "Keep Aspect Ratio" is selected in the "Display Settings" panel, and the scaling is 100%.
Select "OK" to close the dialog.

3) Back on the menu page, select the 4:3 image, and drag the top and bottom edges out to the borders of the page. You will then have a 4:3 image, but the rest of the page will show the black background :)

JeanPaulo  2017-05-25 14:15:30 ( ID:jeltb9zrij. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, phylbert

Thanks for this good idea.

I tried it, and unless I missed something, I get a good image page, but all the other items for the menu are hidden by the picture. (transparency is not very nice either)

However, I find it simpler (as the capture is a .bmp that I usually convert to .jpg) to just add the necessary black band in the Photo program (like Paint Shop Pro). The only difficulty is to get the right 16/9 extension for the picture.

tkrave  2017-06-07 13:30:27 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can change the layer order of menu items just like in Photoshop or other image programs; that way, your image can be below the other items in the page.

In the Menu stage, look at the left side of the screen for the list of menu items. Select your image in the list and then drag and drop it higher up on the list in order to make the image appear underneath other menu items.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.