Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 15 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TVMW7 Mastering works or Authoring works Ghost Rider 4 2019-07-10 02:45:28
Question TAW6 I like the product Ghost Rider 0 2019-07-01 02:04:31
Question TAW6 Add Chapter Points at Interval DVD Video No Menu adhaas85 1 2019-07-01 10:37:15
Question TVMW7 NET Framework problem Urk53 0 2019-06-27 18:26:05
Question TVMW7 Timelapse Marc_D 1 2019-06-27 08:46:58
Question TVMW7 Default Filter Template Kaito 2 2019-08-18 03:46:36
Question TAW6 Using on two computers? TrvisBckle63 1 2019-06-27 14:33:37
Request TVMW7 Some (Longtime) Feature Requests bobthegoat2001 5 2020-06-18 13:32:19
Free talk TVMW7 Upcoming English Version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 Development team 0 2019-06-14 11:04:02
Question TVMW6 New GPU Help Matthew/goDEPO 0 2019-06-13 07:18:03
Question TAW6 Can Highlights Fade in? hurricane1951 1 2019-06-27 14:39:28
Question TAW6 Change source video in project PicLily 0 2019-06-07 05:40:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 15 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TVMW7 - Mastering works or Authoring works No.71317
Ghost Rider  2019-07-01 02:14:32 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not sure if I need both products.

I found Mastering works 6.0 to do most of what I want. I record gopro mountain bike videos. Most of the edits are simple cuts. I also like to add additional audio tracks mainly 24/96 music track and a 3rd mixed audio.

If I want to apply filters like to brighten it up or motion smoothing I have to do that in mastering works.

Can I do all of what I want to do in 7.0 or do I still need both?

tkrave  2019-07-03 09:08:30 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mastering Works 7 should be able to do the things you want to do, so you don't need version 6 AND 7. I would download the trial version just to be sure it can do what you want.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw7.html

Ghost Rider  2019-07-05 02:11:01 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the demo. I'm not seeing how to do the multiple audio streams. It may take some time to figure it out. Authoring works has a different layout and MW7 does not follow the same format for adding audio streams.

Ghost Rider  2019-07-05 04:42:17 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like more than anything I need Authoring works. For most stuff I don't need to use filters. If I capture a TV show and in Mastering works I encode to a TS file for Blu-ray I still have to use AW to complete the job. If I use MW the file becomes twice the size and a 1:30 hour video will not fit on a BD25 disc.The same capture using just AW is like 11gigs.

So I think for the long run I may get both. Looks like if I get AW first I can save a little on MW as a repeat customer.

tkrave  2019-07-10 02:45:28 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah, okay I think I just got confused. You were thinking about just using Authoring Works 6 and wondering if Mastering Works 7 could do what AW6 could do.

The product names are similar so things get mixed up pretty easily.

Yeah, it sounds like AW6 is a better fit overall for you, and yeah, you'll need MW7 if you want to do the fancy filters.

Both programs can encode for Blu-ray but AW6 is better at adding multiple audio tracks, multiple subtitles, and of course you can create custom menus if you wanted to.

Question - TAW6 - I like the product No.71316
Ghost Rider  2019-07-01 02:04:31 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New to the forum and software. I demoed both authoring and mastering works. Most of what I want to do is done in authoring works. I make gopro videos of mountain bike rides and most require no editing beyond what I can do in authoring works.

A recent ride ended a sunset and some of the the video at the end is too dark I was able to use Mastering works 6.0 to brighten it up a little. Looks like I have to fully re-encode to a m2ts file and reopen in authoring works to add additional audio tracks and encode again to a BD movie disc/ISO.

Question - TAW6 - Add Chapter Points at Interval DVD Video No Menu No.71314
adhaas85  2019-06-29 23:26:15 ( ID:lt5wfgexufw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I had the demo of Authoring Works 6, I was able to add chapter points at intervals for my single timeline. The disc had no menu. I cannot figure out how to do this now that I have purchased the software.

Can anyone help me find where to do this?

adhaas85  2019-07-01 10:37:15 ( ID:lt5wfgexufw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Figured it out.

Double click on an imported clip, click the hamburger icon on the toolbar, select "Advanced Chapter Edit Tool", set your interval, click OK, wait, then click OK again.

Question - TVMW7 - NET Framework problem No.71312
Urk53  2019-06-27 18:26:05 ( ID:82mogdpflmf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, have being using TMPGEnc V.M.W. for years.
Updated from 6 to 7 and find it imposible install
Have tried diferent computers with 64 bit win8.1
NET Framwork crashes without message an the instalation terminates.
Have tried offline NET Framwork NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exeintalation and it gives me a message (the component store has being corrupted)

Can someone help me ?

Question - TVMW7 - Timelapse No.71302
Marc_D  2019-06-18 14:32:31 ( ID:x73f0fx0xkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a possibility to add support to create Timelapse movies or give the possibility to change the lenght of showing a photo in Slideshow for less than 1 sec, so you can create a timelapse movie this way.

Thanks.

tkrave  2019-06-27 08:46:58 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can reduce an image's duration to .04 seconds in Timeline mode. To do this, when adding a clip, select "From files" instead of "From pictures as a slideshow". This allows you to reduce the duration of the image to .04 seconds after it's imported.

If you have hundreds of images you want to apply this to, put them all in one layer using the "From files" option (just add them all at once), then select them all in the layer. Navigate to the last image and hover your mouse over the end so an arrow appears. Drag to the left to reduce the duration of all selected images. It seems to automatically go to .04 seconds for me.
There will be gaps between the images now, so right click on the layer number area and select "Close Gaps in This Layer".

Hope that helps!

Question - TVMW7 - Default Filter Template No.71300
Kaito  2019-06-17 18:08:57 ( ID:zprdjesztt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did I want to know if this option has been removed in version 7?

tkrave  2019-06-27 08:30:20 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It has not been removed, but it is implemented differently.
Go to the filter tab in the Clip Editing window, add the filters you want as the default and adjust their settings accordingly. Then, right-click on the filter list and select "Set Current Settings as Default".

Dennis Hartley  2019-08-18 03:46:36 ( ID:7.7nvfkobgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just read this as I was about to complain about the fact that I couldn't set 'Normalize' as a default for every project as previous versions did.
I'm very pleased that I still can but this wasn't a very obvious way of doing it !
Now, how about doing the same in Smart Renderer 5, please!

Question - TAW6 - Using on two computers? No.71299
TrvisBckle63  2019-06-15 02:50:38 ( ID:rdlzrzhzabk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I use this software on two computers? I have a massive tape collection reaching into the several thousands at the moment I'm ripping tapes with Virtualdub as lossless files and then making DVD's but it's just too time consuming so I'm building another PC from bits I have lying around so I can rip on one and make DVD's on the other it would just be handy if I was able to have it on both for choice, I do also have version 5, Thanks.

tkrave  2019-06-27 14:33:37 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can only use a license on one computer. Using it on more than one might cause a license suspension and you'll have to contact Pegasys to unlock it. If you still have version 5, just use that on one machine and version 6 on the other.

Request - TVMW7 - Some (Longtime) Feature Requests No.71298
bobthegoat2001  2019-06-15 01:41:02 ( ID:eqqz3u/ujog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like TMPGEnc VMW because it's quick and easy to use. There are a few features that keep me from using it 100% of the time though. I do hope that some of these are considered for this new version. I'm currently on VMW 6, if these requests become available in version 7, I may upgrade.

* An option to -Not- re-encode Audio/Video.
There are many times that I would like to just edit Video, but leave Audio 'as is', it would be nice to just basically 'copy' the audio over. Other times I would like to just go from one container to another (ex. AVI to MKV) without re-encoding anything. Copying DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD & Atmos would be nice also (I wouldn't mind if it couldn't re-encode those codecs, but copying would be nice).

* Cropping Presets
This would be really convenient when cropping video. Maybe an option to "Maintain Aspect", or other aspects like 16:9, 4:3, 16:10, custom, etc. Also the option for landscape and portrait for phones, etc.

* Output to the same folder of source file.
I like leaving the encoded video in the same folder as the original file, so that leaves me to browsing to it every time I want to encode something. An option to do this by default to the source folder would be nice.

klrmtn@yahoo.com  2019-06-26 04:08:11 ( ID:vhmtdcttoqh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to add one other feature request:
*The ability to align to overlapping clips by syncing audio.
I'm not a professional, so I don't have cameras that are time synced. Cyberlink has this feature and it works very well. If Tmpgenc added this I would have no more reason to use Cyberlink.
Thanks.

bobthegoat2001  2019-07-25 12:07:03 ( ID:mbrxd3gvaff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

* Another feature request I forgot to add was subtitle support. Sometimes videos will have a bunch of subtitles in them and I really only care about one or two. So removing the rest without re-encoding the audio and video would be nice.

tkrave  2019-08-02 03:22:21 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not re-encoding the audio has been a user request for as long as I can remember. Not really holding out that it will happen.

Lossless video editing is technically possible, but would most likely be limited to MPEG formats, similar to TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer. It's possible that Pegasys simply sees Video Mastering Works as a video converter first and foremost; lossless editing is probably not the focus of the software, in other words. Integrating the feature would, as mentioned, probably be limited to MPEG formats, and that might be too limited considering the huge number of formats that TVMW can handle; users might expect the feature to be available for all of these formats, which would probably be impossible. This would also increase the cost of the software, and I feel like Pegasys is trying to stay as close to $100 as possible. Those are just my theories as to why it isn't implemented.

Subtitles are supported, but if you add or edit subtitles, your video will have to be re-encoded since Video Mastering Works encodes the subtitles into the video itself. It is not like Authoring Works or DVD/Blu-ray authoring software, which uses a separate overlay to display the subtitles.

mr_art@pacbell.net  2020-06-18 10:38:18 ( ID:szcrqdpw5.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another feature request with subtitles would be the ability to resize the frame for ALL the subtitles at once. So, if on the bottom of the screen, I select the first subtitle, then scroll to the bottom and Shift Click on the last subtitle, then resize the frame, all the frames will be resized, not just the 1st one.
The idea is that I want my subtitles to appear just at the bottom of the screen, but centered vertically within that area, regardless of how many lines of text there may be. Right now, if I just select the subtitles to be at the bottom of the screen, the last line will always be in the same place, whether it is one line or three lines of text.

Vector1  2020-06-18 13:32:19 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Another feature request with subtitles would be the ability to resize the frame for ALL the subtitles at once. So, if on the bottom of the screen, I select the first subtitle, then scroll to the bottom and Shift Click on the last subtitle, then resize the frame, all the frames will be resized, not just the 1st one.
>The idea is that I want my subtitles to appear just at the bottom of the screen, but centered vertically within that area, regardless of how many lines of text there may be. Right now, if I just select the subtitles to be at the bottom of the screen, the last line will always be in the same place, whether it is one line or three lines of text.

https://help.pegasys-inc.com/en/tvmw7/images/filter22_07.png
Try setting the [Vertical:] position to the Middle in the Text settings.

Free talk - TVMW7 - Upcoming English Version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 No.71297
Development team  Home )  2019-06-14 11:04:02 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Announcing the upcoming release of the English version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7, the successor to TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6.

Preview trial version released today!

The download version will be released on June 25th (PST).

----------------------------------------------------
The Best Encoder Now with HDR Editing and 8K Output Support.
The All-In-One Video Encoder Software with Advanced Innovation and Powerful Editing Functions.
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7・features support for many input and output formats, detailed parameter settings, fast and precise cut-editing, video format conversion, compression, material creation, and much more. This is the high-quality encoding choice of video enthusiasts - this is TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7.

Completely Improved with New Features
This version supports previewing, editing and outputting in the HDR (High Dynamic Range) * color space, and also supports H.265/HEVC 8K 10 bit 4:2:2 output. This allows the user to import footage recorded by HDR cameras, then edit and export them with the full range of vividness captured by the camera. Furthermore, this version newly features the LUT (Lookup Table) application, 3-way Color Correction and more options that are specialized for color grading. Thanks to user feedback, all functions within the editing interfaces have been improved to enhance the convenience and efficiency of the editing workflow. Users can get even more creative with new animation and karaoke text functions, and improved and accelerated filters.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 advances the concept of the ultimate all-in-one encoding solution, allowing users to experience the latest innovations with the flexibility they require.
* PQ and HLG supported.

Main New Features
Enhanced Input and Output Formats.
- Supports 8K resolution output in the H.264/AVC and the VP9 formats in addition to the H.265/HEVC format.
- Canon Cinema Raw file Input Support.
- Apple ProRes Stream Import Support.
- H.265/HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 Input and Output Support.
- WebM/MKV VP9 Output Support.
- Opus Audio Output Support.
- GoPro Cineform Output Support.
- Animation GIF/PNG Output Support.
- More formats newly added to the Sequential Still Picture Files Output.
- Supports Log Curves of Major Cameras.
- PID Settings Support for MPEG-TS Container.

New HDR Editing and Outputting Support Features.
- Supports Real-Time Switching of the HDR Display.
- Working Color Space is Available - Color Management Function.
- LUT (Lookup Table) Application Support.
- Possible to Simply Setup the Output Color Profile.
- HDR Metadata Output Support.
- HDR Enhanced Color Correction Filter.
- Linking with TMPGEnc Series Software Function.

More Sophisticated Editing Functions and Interface.
- Timecode Display Editing Support.
- Supports Project File Saving on Clip-Editing Window.
- Project Recovering Function Installed.
- Enhanced the Undo/Redo Adopted Range.
- QR Code Clip Creation.
- Title/Multi Stream Analyzer - Post-application supported.
- Newly added Easing function to many animation effects like transition, transform, etc.

Normal Mode Has Become Even Easier to Use.
- Output Clip Selection Support.
- Multiple Clips Grouping Support.
- Supports Audio Channel and Aspect Ratio Change via Clip Properties.

Newly Evolved Cut Editing Interface.
- Faster Enhanced Drag Seeking. Even Faster with Index for Seeking.
- Quick Cut Function - Instantly Cut at the Range Set.
- Displays Current Frame Information in Real-time.
- Player Controller Undocking Support.
- Position Change of the Player Control Buttons Support.

Further Added and Enhanced Filters
- Video Stabilizer Filter Newly Implemented.
- Lens Correction Filter Newly Implemented.
- Motion Tracking on the Mask Filter.
- Frame Interpolation Filter Newly Implemented.
- Glitch Noise Filter Newly Implemented.
- Newly Added Loudness Standard to the Normalization Method for the Audio Adjustment Filter.
- Audio Compressor Filter Newly Implemented.
- Little Planet Video Creation Support.

Increase Creativity - Enhanced Timeline Editing Mode.
- Newly Implemented Crop Mode on Preview.
- Text with Animation Function Newly Implemented.
- Karaoke Text Function Newly Implemented.
- Source Monitor Function.
- Newly Added Clip Properties/File History Functions.
- Pre-Installed Assets.

More Increased Abilities - Output Settings.
- Custom Aspect Ratio Support.
- Vertical Video Settings Support.
- Direct Access to the Output Preview.
- Encode Log Export Function.

And more...

For more details, see the product page here:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw7.html

Discover even more improved functions!
Test out the software for yourself!
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw7.html

Important Notice for TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 Users:
The following functions which are included in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 cannot be used in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7. Please be aware of these changes before purchasing the TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 upgrade version.

- DivX HEVC Output Function

-----------------------------------------------------
Try TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 today!

Question - TVMW6 - New GPU Help No.71296
Matthew/goDEPO  2019-06-13 07:18:03 ( ID:ouxli7mufiw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed a gtx 1050TI on my work computer PC (windows 10 64 bit), downloaded and installed all drivers. The computer and every other program sees the new GPU but TMPG does not see it and wont allow me to look in the preferences to speed up the output in the NVIDIA tab. I have an intel i7-4770 with 16 gig of ram and more free memory than I can shake a stick at. Does anyone know why it wont recognize the new hardware or is there a plug in that I need? Thanks for your help

Question - TAW6 - Can Highlights Fade in? No.71295
hurricane1951  2019-06-10 21:22:21 ( ID:xrrefj2.lio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've created a menu that fades in the links to the tracks. However, the highlights still appear on the menu before the text fades in. Is there a way to make the highlights fade in as well?

tkrave  2019-06-27 14:39:28 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the Menu editor, click on the Global Menu Settings button. Go to the Motion Menu tab, make sure one of the Motion Menu options is selected, then the option for "Delay Duration for Highlight" should be enabled. This option delays the appearance of the highlights so they can appear after your menu has fully faded-in. Just set the duration to the same duration as the fade-in.

Question - TAW6 - Change source video in project No.71293
PicLily  2019-06-07 05:40:20 ( ID:ueane.7qjql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear community,

I am looking for a way to change the source video in a project. I created a full dvd layout with a .mpg file and want to apply all settings to a .m2v file of identical length. It is the same video exported a different way from Premiere. Is there a way to do this without having to create the layout again from scratch?

Thank you,
Chris

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.