Delete

There is no password for this article, only an administrator can delete the article.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Request - Some problems No.71327
kliffgomel  Mail /  )  2019-07-10 20:12:22 ( ID:iusrjhaguer )  

I was very interested in the release of a new version of the program with support for 10-bit video with a high dynamic range. I did some test encodings and encountered several problems.
First, the program does not display and does not apply the metadata of the high dynamic range of the original video when encoding; these parameters must be obtained using other utilities and specified manually.
Secondly, my test videos after encoding are incorrectly reproduced on my new TV LG SM9800 (the TV does not detect the metadata of high dynamic range, the image does not match the original in terms of brightness and color). When encoding, the nvdec / nvenc codec was used, the metadata of the high dynamic range was set manually. At the same time, according to mediainfo, the output video file contains metadata of high dynamic range, which I set manually.
Thirdly, it is very inconvenient to work with audio tracks of a video file. When importing video, I can select only one track, while the program does not display its original parameters (language, number of channels, codec, etc.). It is impossible to save the original audio tracks (all or selected tracks) without conversion, even if the output container supports the codec of the original tracks.
Fourth, there is no dolby vision support.
I really hope that when updating a new version of these problems can be solved.

tkrave  2019-07-11 03:47:51 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

You should contact support with these points. The HDR issues might be a bug and they would want to fix it. Your other points would also be helpful to them I imagine.

If you're using the trial version, you can probably use their pre-sales contact form:
https://ssl.pegasys-inc.com/inquiry/inquiry.php?lang=en&category=psen

kliffgomel  2019-07-11 14:10:38 ( ID:iusrjhaguer )  

I use the trial version of the program, it seems to have no user support.

tkrave  2019-07-12 02:36:53 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

You can't use the product-specific user support forms, but you can use the form I posted.

They're a business; they want you to buy their product. If you have questions or concerns about the product, you should ask them.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.