Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Mastering works or Authoring works No.71317
Ghost Rider  Mail /  )  2019-07-01 02:14:32 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )  

Not sure if I need both products.

I found Mastering works 6.0 to do most of what I want. I record gopro mountain bike videos. Most of the edits are simple cuts. I also like to add additional audio tracks mainly 24/96 music track and a 3rd mixed audio.

If I want to apply filters like to brighten it up or motion smoothing I have to do that in mastering works.

Can I do all of what I want to do in 7.0 or do I still need both?

tkrave  2019-07-03 09:08:30 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

Mastering Works 7 should be able to do the things you want to do, so you don't need version 6 AND 7. I would download the trial version just to be sure it can do what you want.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw7.html

Ghost Rider  2019-07-05 02:11:01 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )  

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the demo. I'm not seeing how to do the multiple audio streams. It may take some time to figure it out. Authoring works has a different layout and MW7 does not follow the same format for adding audio streams.

Ghost Rider  2019-07-05 04:42:17 ( ID:j5vig.rzsum )  

Looks like more than anything I need Authoring works. For most stuff I don't need to use filters. If I capture a TV show and in Mastering works I encode to a TS file for Blu-ray I still have to use AW to complete the job. If I use MW the file becomes twice the size and a 1:30 hour video will not fit on a BD25 disc.The same capture using just AW is like 11gigs.

So I think for the long run I may get both. Looks like if I get AW first I can save a little on MW as a repeat customer.

tkrave  2019-07-10 02:45:28 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

Ah, okay I think I just got confused. You were thinking about just using Authoring Works 6 and wondering if Mastering Works 7 could do what AW6 could do.

The product names are similar so things get mixed up pretty easily.

Yeah, it sounds like AW6 is a better fit overall for you, and yeah, you'll need MW7 if you want to do the fancy filters.

Both programs can encode for Blu-ray but AW6 is better at adding multiple audio tracks, multiple subtitles, and of course you can create custom menus if you wanted to.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.