Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 477 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 Squirm squirm 2 2003-05-22 21:12:17
Question TE25 Environmental settings/ VFAPI plug-in Pink 4 2003-05-23 23:24:04
Question TE25 error message typan 1 2003-05-27 18:09:40
Question TDA1 Encoding files captures with Dazzle DVC 150 Joseph 1 2003-06-03 14:26:27
Question TDA1 Menu theme functionality Tomas 0 2003-05-21 17:01:10
Request TDA1 Improvements needed... Tomas 0 2003-05-21 16:54:48
Question TE25 TMPGEnc Crashes willwoll100 5 2003-05-25 21:29:06
Question TE25 Converting to Avi bitejen 2 2003-05-21 22:23:29
Question TDA1 DVD+R ??? Tomas 1 2003-05-21 10:12:06
Question TE25 How to convert OGM to AVI? leon 2 2003-05-26 04:11:14
Request TDA1 Suggested Improvements JB 0 2003-05-21 01:14:46
Question TE25 Problem with MOV files and sound scottws 10 2003-05-23 00:29:03

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 477 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - Squirm No.36998
squirm  Home )  2003-05-22 04:08:26 ( ID:dgqp9zjnwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tsunami is locking up when I use the wizard to make an mpeg-1 VCD. It advances a few frames (80-130) and then stops. The processor usage is zero after the enocding locks up, but the program still adavances. The elapsed time advances but nother else ever changes.

The only thing I'm changing from default is adding:
Frame clip
soften block noise
motion search - Highest

My source is a 3G MJPEG avi, 32 minutes, that encodes with Tsunami to SVCD or DVD mpeg-2 beautifully.

squirm  Home )  2003-05-22 04:11:07 ( ID:dgqp9zjnwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It won't let me edit the post.
Hardware:
Dual Pentium 3 CM - 650
512M of ram
Win2K service pack 3

Minion  2003-05-22 21:12:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version are you Useing??? Either set the "Motion Precition Search" to "High Quality" (NOT Highest Cuz there is a Bug with Highest, and it isn"t any Better than High Quality), or Use the Very Newest Version "2.512" cuz the Bug has been fixed in that Version....

Question - TE25 - Environmental settings/ VFAPI plug-in No.36993
Pink  2003-05-22 01:04:31 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when I do dvd rips and make mpg I find its not as clear and the orginal.
can change the setting so not to have the lines in it.
Directshown multimedia file reader is on 2
AVI VFW compatibility reader is on -2
all the rest is 0

let know if I can change it to make it look clear.

B_Racer  2003-05-22 13:12:14 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use DVD2AVI to Decode the DVD-Files, not the VFAPI PlugIn.

Minion  2003-05-22 21:07:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Lines you are Talking about are Probably Interlace Lines and they are a Part of the Video and without them you wouldn"t have a Picture, They shouldn"t show up on your TV Set as your TV is Made to Display Interlaced content and a Computer Monitor is Not, Just make sure that the Field order is set correctly and if you still Have Problems with Interlace Lines then you can Use the De-Interlace Filter But it can take away some of the fine detail in the Image so I wouldn"t sugest it..When you say "DVD Rips" does that Mean that You are Ripping the DVD or that you downloaded an avi File that was Labeled DVD Rip?? If it is an AVI file that says that it is a DVD rip then it isn"t a DVD Rip cuz DVD rips are the Files ripped off of a DVD which are in VOB or M2V Format, if this is what you have done then It would be Best to Follow B_Racer"s Advice and Use DVD2AVI to Decode the Vob/M2V file then use Tmpgenc encode the Frameserved files, this is a Faster way of decodeing Mpeg files and the Image Quality seems better ...

Pink  2003-05-23 18:30:15 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am ripping the dvd rip right from the orgnial dvd and I ripping with smart ripper then I use the dvd2avi then use tmppgenc to make the mpeg-1. But I find I the picture is not as clear as the orgnial dvd itself. wonder how to make as to get the best quailty.

Minion  2003-05-23 23:24:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well of cource it isn"t going to be as Clear as the Original DVD, if it turned out as Clear as the DVD then Poeple would still be Buying CD Burners instead of DVD Burners..VCD"s have 1/4 the Resolution of DVD"s and up to only 1/6 of the Bitrate of a DVD so the Quality is Only going to be a Fraction of a DVD"s Quality...If you want better Quality Make SVCD"s if your Player can Play them as they have at least twice the Quality of VCD, or you can Try XVCD which is a Variation of VCD But uses either or Both a Higher resolution and Bitrate than a Standard VCD, But still your DVD Player might not play it properly, some can handle the Higher Bitrate and resolution and some can not, You can Probably Increase the Bitrate to say 1650kbs and keep the same Resolution which will Give you a less Blocky Image and a Clearer image But then you would only Fit about an hour on each CD-R Max, and your DVD Player should be able to handle it..VCD is not a Very high Quality format, and I don"t even use it because of the Lower Quality, So if your DVD Player supports SVCD then that is the way to go....

Question - TE25 - error message No.36991
typan  2003-05-21 18:10:24 ( ID:qbeml8l7c.m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After succcessfully using TMPGEnc for a few weeks I now find that every time i start the program i get the erreor message "Read error Occured at address BFF7A of module 'KERNEL32.DLL' with 0079FFBO" I've tried un/reinstalling and using it in safe mode but i'm still getting the same error.... HELP I need to get my films on disc !!!

discable  2003-05-27 18:09:40 ( ID:lcglvn3z/0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would suggest searching for the kernal32.dll on your windows CD. and copy it into your system directory on your hard drive. this should take care of any corruptions that it may have sustained during use (viruses...) If not I would look at reinstalling your computer (Easiest for me since I have two hard drives (or partitions) and I just reinstall my C drive image with Drive Image)

Question - TDA1 - Encoding files captures with Dazzle DVC 150 No.48584
Joseph  2003-05-21 17:35:23 ( ID:dp.tanpukvw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to encode files captured with a Dazzle DVC 150. They have a file extension of ".mzl". TMPGEnc will not take these as a source file. Any suggestions? I want to try TMPGEnc because when I try to render them in Movie Star 5. The audio and video are out of sync. The longer the source the worse the problem.

tomk  2003-06-03 14:26:27 ( ID:l0ewialc5vr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Dazzle splits files at 2/4 GB.
The .MZL file is a simple list for Moviestar5 which files have been made.

Load the .MPG files into tmpg, these are the video files.

Example
Test.MZL

Files : test.mpg, test001.mpg,test002.mpg.....

HTH
Tom

Question - TDA1 - Menu theme functionality No.48583
Tomas  2003-05-21 17:01:10 ( ID:w9nioantxtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the Cloud 1 theme? When I play it on my DVD the selected chapters or controls get highlighted in yellow. It looks pretty bad especially when this yellow highlight almost completely covers the chapter picture.
Is it possible to customize this? If not wouldn't be better to use different mechanizm to identify selected control or chapter (e.g. frame, corner highlight)

Request - TDA1 - Improvements needed... No.48582
Tomas  2003-05-21 16:54:48 ( ID:w9nioantxtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just created my first DVD using this software. It went very smooth (except for little confusion with the chapters and menus - just needed to reference manual) and the end product DVD+R plays fine.

I would welcome the following improvements:
1. Play audio while creating chapters
2. Allow audio track additions to the Menu pages
3. Add another step in the process to preview the compiled DVD with its menues
4. More Themes or allow creation of personal themes. Can the .tme files be edited somehow?
5. Other software I use (Ulead Movie Factory) allows me to include an MPG2 player with the DVD. Is it possible to have similar functionality for this tool?

Tomas

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc Crashes No.36985
willwoll100  2003-05-21 16:20:12 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When trying to convert an XVid avi file to mpeg TMPGEnc keeps on crashing, I've tried a lot of things as list below:

1) Checked file for bad frames and repaired if required.
2) I've ripped the MP3 audio into a wav file and used this as my audio source.
3) Tried to change the direct show media file reader priority (increasing it).
4) Tried to convert the whole avi instead of splitting it.
5) Formatted hard drive and installed only crucial codecs ie XVid and AC3.

Is there anything else I can do which might help? I'm running ME if thats any help. This problem has been going on for weeks but still can't fix it, please someone help me.

Thanks

Will

PS I'm using the very latest release of the software.

Minion  2003-05-21 22:26:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Poeple Have been Haveing Problems useing the XviD Codec to Decode there XviD files, Poeple Have been haveing Better success useing the "FFDShow Decoder" instead of the XviD codec to Decode XviD/DivX Files, you Just download it and install it and set it up to decode XviD files....

Liam Gibbins  2003-05-22 19:09:39 ( ID:6xcywbnjwim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using XP home edition and when I use TMPGEnc (Free version) it crashes

a tipical error message is "write error at 77f5215c of module 'ntdll.dll',
I have reinstalled twice and still get the same message.

I have tried xvid, AVI (normal), Mpeg 1 & 2 as the sorce files and it still happens..

any clues?

L

willwoll100  2003-05-22 19:51:36 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I've sorted the problem with help from a guy from fastrack, basically I just use the templates and not the wizard, I've also had to alter the VFAPI to the following settings

Directshow multimedia file reader = 4
BMP/PPM etc... = 3
TMPGEnc Project file thing = 1
Mpeg 1 decoder = 0
Wave File reader = 0
AVI VFW comp' reader = -2

Try this to see if it helps, also don't use your computer whilst encoding

Will

Minion  2003-05-24 03:02:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Useing the FFDShow Decoder will probably get rid of the NTDLL.dll error, as the Error is Probably caused by the XviD codec...

liam gibbins  2003-05-25 21:29:06 ( ID:6xcywbnjwim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

right have tired two codex nimo and fddshow I still get the nt<thingy>.dll error.

I have altered my settings as ahown above......

what more can I do?

Liam

Question - TE25 - Converting to Avi No.36982
bitejen  2003-05-21 15:49:17 ( ID:o3iyqa1.4h6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am looking to convert to avi from mpeg.

I have tried to convert it and have succeeded, however, it will ad to the length and I want to make the file smaller. It is a movie file. I have tried it three times and still it gets bigger not smaller.

I have a friend who says you can use this program to make the files smaller but I am not having any luck. I have tried both raising and lowering the bitrate with the same result. He says his gets smaller but mine got bigger.

Is there anyway anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong? I am using tmpgenc 2.5, do have the divx 5.5pro.

Should the output file be something different?

Please help!!

B_Racer  2003-05-21 16:13:37 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You want to create an AVI from an MPEG2-File?
OK, TMPGEnc is able to do that, but it is not optimized for that.
Surf do vcdhelp.com or doom9.org, they provide Guides for Videoconverting.

Minion  2003-05-21 22:23:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I would sugest something like "Virtual Dub Mpeg2_AC3" it Supports Mpeg1/2 files and can encode them to any VFW AVI Format you have codecs for, But you must realize that if you are trying to Just Make the file size smaller through re-encodeing you will also Loose some Quality allong with a Smaller file size..

Question - TDA1 - DVD+R ??? No.48580
Tomas  2003-05-21 05:08:22 ( ID:op5zoqj4ama )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For the first time I'm trying to use the TMPGEnc DVD Author tool. So far so good. The manual keeps talking about DVD-R, what about DVD+R. Does the AUthoring tool provides anything specifing depending on the DVD disk type -R or +R.

B_Racer  2003-05-21 10:12:06 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Author produces Title-Sets. This Sets can be burned with any DVD-Burning-Software and any DVD-Burner, no matter, if it is DVD-R or DVD+R.

Question - TE25 - How to convert OGM to AVI? No.36979
leon  2003-05-21 03:08:58 ( ID:pwmhkfj8a7m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I try to load an OGM movie file into TMPG to convert it into a VCD compatible file and it accepts it but when I start to run it give me the error: "The error occurred when ACM was initialized."

What does that mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Minion  2003-05-21 22:19:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Doesn"t support OGM Files, But you Can Probably use "Virtual Dub_Mod" to convert OGM Files...

gmoney  2003-05-26 04:11:14 ( ID:scy380npdfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's true, tmpg does not support ogm

what you can do is to convert the video only with tmpg

you can rip the sound to a separate file with another program such as goldwave.

and then combine the two with tmpg in the mpg.

Request - TDA1 - Suggested Improvements No.48579
JB  2003-05-21 01:14:46 ( ID:msxvyprwupg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. Non standard DVD resolution override. Allow for user to override the standard resolution. may dvd players support non standard formats. In fact most ALL limits should be removed and replaced with warnings.

2. Also a few more menu templates and ability to move the placement of the 'picture' of the video within the menu. Maybe even release a menu template creator. so that users who need custom templates can make their own. Also allow users to post thier templates to your website so that people can swap their created templates. It allows greater flexability and the users would do most of the work for you.

Otherwise an exelent and fast product. I like this much much better for creating custom DVD's from VHS and homemovies...I've used almost every product out there (DVDit PE, adobe, pinnacle, etc...) and i like this one because I like to control the video/audio compression seperate (via TMPGEnc or CCE) and then build my dvd's with an automated program trying to recompress or alter my settings.

Very good product will be excellent with just a few more additions and improvements.

Question - TE25 - Problem with MOV files and sound No.36968
scottws  2003-05-20 23:51:27 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert Quicktime movies to DivX for use on my PC. I found that TMPGEnc can do what I want, which is get the audio out of MOV files (I am using RAD Tools to convert the MOV video to AVI video and plan on using VirtualDub to combine the AVI video from RAD Tools and the WAV audio from TMPGEnc).

However, I can't get the audio out of MOV files. I have the QT plug-in in C:Program FilesPegasisTMPGEnc (or whatever TMPGEnc's default install location is).

I get no audio on encoding. Just a blank WAV file. If I try to use the audio editor before encoding, there is no sound. There is sound if I try to use another file type other than MOV as the source.

HELP!

Minion  2003-05-21 01:33:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This has been Quite a Common Problem lately, I think it is Because the QT Mov Plugin hasn"t been updated since it"s release over a year an a half ago and the Author doesn"t do any Improvements on it anymore and The author of Tmpgenc has nothing to do with the QT Plugin,Maybe it isn"t compatible with Quicktime 6
??, You could try raiseing the Priority of the QT Plugin in the VFAPI Plugins and see if that Helps, I have used "Sound Forge 6" to Get audio out of Mov files, You could probably use it to Convert Directly from Mov to DivX....

scottws  2003-05-21 02:09:26 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I presumed as much. It's a shame that MOV conversion is next to impossible with QT6. I wish there would be a new plug-in or something. You know there are some coders out there that would want to convert a MOV file to DivX.

I'll give Sound Forge 6.0 a shot.

Thanks.

B_Racer  2003-05-21 10:50:01 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did not test it on newer Quicktime-Files, but maybe radtools are a solution for converting MOV to AVI.

http://www.radgametools.com/

scottws  2003-05-21 21:56:38 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had already tried RAD Tools. It converts the video fine. However, if I attempt to convert MOV audio and video to AVI at the same time, the program crashes. If I try to convert MOV audio to WAV audio only, it says it cannot find the audio stream.

I have learned that Quicktime has a form of audio protection that prevents copying or conversion.

I tried Total Recorder, but it doesn't seem to work very well. When I put the TR WAV file (from the MOV) in an AVI container with AVI video converted from the same MOV, the sound doesn't sync up if you fast-forward or rewind the video.

I'm at a loss here. I am going to try Sound Forge 6 and Adobe Premiere 6.5 next.

Minion  2003-05-21 22:16:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, Um A Program called "EO-Video" also converts Mov to AVI/Mpeg, the Mpeg encodeing isn"t that good But I"m sure the AVI Encodeing isn"t too Bad ,Just another Think to put on your List of things to try....Cheers

B_Racer  2003-05-22 11:19:50 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@scottws
Oops, i missed your writing about RADTools, sorry.

@Minion
I tried EO-Video with one of those Animatrix-Videos. It did not work. Got the Video, but not the Audio-Part.

scottws  2003-05-22 15:52:58 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So the problem is Quicktime 6 then. Either Apple has done a great job preventing people from ripping the audio out of QT6 files or no one has made a program yet that takes QT6 into account.

Adobe Premiere won't work. It also only works with QT4 and QT5.

scottws  2003-05-22 16:37:17 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Success!

Sonic Forge 6 works perfectly!

Minion  2003-05-22 20:54:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I knew it would as it is an exelent Audio/Video tool, I"m glad it worked out...

scottws  2003-05-23 00:29:03 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops. I meant Sound Forge 6 not Sonic Forge 6.

Anyway, it works 90% of the time. However, it isn't working for the Animatrix MOVs. Those seem to have more than one audio track. Two specifically: one for the title sequence and one for the rest of the movie. SF6 seems to only find the latter track.

But it's better to have 50MB DivX files instead of 100MB MOV files for everything else I have.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.