Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 472 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TDA1 A./V sync gets lost when a damaged video frame occurs. jdiner 0 2003-05-31 19:59:24
Bug report TE25 Version 2.512 hangs again msp 3 2003-06-05 01:06:06
Question TE25 says "The error occured when ACM was initialized behicg 4 2003-06-07 13:31:57
Question TE25 no audio cheebee 1 2003-05-31 21:48:24
Question TE25 TMPGEnc Encodes to VCD with Middle of Movie MISSING retroperv 0 2003-05-31 11:27:59
Request TE25 How to use virtualdub to frameserve TMPGEnc jen 1 2003-05-31 21:45:30
Question TE25 Results of P4s with HT? KSmut 2 2003-06-09 22:17:08
Question TE25 Mr. Lord of the Llamas 1 2003-05-31 21:35:06
Request TDA1 Great Start! dvdrocks 0 2003-05-30 20:02:17
Question TE25 Tmpgenc keeps crashing Rooney 4 2003-06-01 05:12:02
Question TE25 Managing VBR audio with tmpeg dex 3 2003-06-03 12:37:44
Question TE25 Best method to Encode? Kisoo Lim 3 2003-05-31 05:07:49

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 472 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TDA1 - A./V sync gets lost when a damaged video frame occurs. No.48590
jdiner  2003-05-31 19:59:24 ( ID:vntqcd6mz3n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a great little program. It works on some non-standard mpeg files that I have that nothing else will. A/V sync is kept even in files that have been edited. This is truly great.

However, there is always a however isn't there... :) In several mpeg files that I have there is a damaged video frame. I do not know how exactly this picture is damaged but it is. In my PowerDVD player it shows up as a frame that is only partially right and the rest is garbage. Then in the original mpeg it gets back on sync and everything is fine.

In the output test DVD files from this tool however it is then off on A/V sync for the rest of the playing time of the file.

It looks like you guys are most definately tracking the audio timestamps as this all works with editing but that you are not tracking the Video ones. Could you please add a fix so that a damaged video frame is not off forever after that. If you can I would bet that many many tivo users would jump on board...

Thanks,
--jdiner

Bug report - TE25 - Version 2.512 hangs again No.37183
msp  2003-05-31 19:33:29 ( ID:0vm7kt6yj2c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.512 no better than 2.511. It MAY hang after some time of encoding.
LED indicating HDD activitiy is permanently ON. Same problem as with 2.511.

I reverted to 2.510. Never had a problem with 2.510 and older.
Single P4/XP/512MB/80GB HD

Minion  2003-05-31 21:53:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It isn"t a Bug so don"t report it as a Bug...If it were a Bug then every one would be haveing the same Problem which is Not the Case....

Each Hit  2003-06-03 02:56:39 ( ID:eaqmlv3d18k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had this same problem. I'm using a P4 3.06 hyperthread 533Mhz FSB. What I found was when the program hanged, the task manager would show 1 cpu going to 0% while the other was still running 50-70%. If I disabled the hyperthreading in the environment settings, it worked OK. It also worked ok if I disabled both the SSE extentions. Finally, at least on one test so far, it seems disabling the pipline for mpeg encoding (top one of the 3 hyperthread options) would allow it to run OK with the SSE extentions enabled. Good thing is it doesn't seem to cause much (or any) performance hit.

Thanks for your post, I was beginning to worry about the hardware since it is a newly built system.

Each Hit  2003-06-05 01:06:06 ( ID:eaqmlv3d18k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UPDATE: Found on my system that 2.512 seems sensitive to having any other applications running simultaneously, including solitaire. Also in the course of troubleshooting I had increased the task priority to high, but when I lowered it to normal the program hanged even with no other programs running. While I understand that its a good idea not to run other apps while encoding, the original problem happened while it was the only one running.

I found a copy of 2.510 and so far it has not hanged. I even tried running 3 instances of 2.510 simultaneously encoding files for DVD, windows media player playing an internet stream and solitaire for three hours with no problem.

I also had the hang problem with 2.511. It would be nice if older versions were available, I was lucky to find a copy of 2.510 another machine.

While 2.510 seems to have solved my encoding needs, it has done little to help my solitaire ;) (P4B 3.06 HT/1GB mem/200GB WD HDD)

Question - TE25 - says "The error occured when ACM was initialized No.37178
behicg  2003-05-31 18:00:35 ( ID:a0g9dcwxmn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this DivX .avi file and I want to convert it to PAL, MPEG file. I've VobSub installed and usually have subtitle files as .sub or .srt and can easily convert with TMPGEnc but today it doesnt convert. When I press start it says "The Error occured when ACM was initialized." I dunno what this means and why. Can someone help me?

Minion  2003-05-31 21:51:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ACM is the "Audio Compression Manager" which Probably means that there is a Problem with the Audio in the Source File, Probably a Format not supported By Tmpgenc..Try Useing something like AVI-Mux or V-Dub to extract the audio from the AVI file to WAV and use that as the audio source...

behic  2003-06-01 12:49:44 ( ID:a0g9dcwxmn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried that, it doesnt work. But when I disable VobSub, it converts but without subtitles. Without subtitles, I don't need that.

I've saved WAV from Virtual Dub and tried to use it as audio source but same problem again. Help me please.

Minion  2003-06-02 21:20:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it looks like the Problem is in "VobSub", I guess you will have to try a Different method of adding subtitles...You can add subtitles With Virtual Dub and the "Subtitle Plugin" and Frameserve to Tmpgenc...If there is a Web site for Vobsub it might be good to Check out there site as Tmpgenc has nothing to do with VobSub....

behic  2003-06-07 13:31:57 ( ID:a0g9dcwxmn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the help but it has nothing to do with vobsub cos i've removed the .sub file and vobsub doesn't run but the same error continued.

Question - TE25 - no audio No.37176
cheebee  2003-05-31 15:48:05 ( ID:yek3umvjy5o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having problem with the audio on my converted files. I have video but no audio. I'm converting to VCD format.

Minion  2003-05-31 21:48:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Audio format in your AVI file is Probably not supported By tmpgenc, You will have to Extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file and use the Wav file as the audio source in Tmpgenc, You can do this with Virtual Dub or AVI-Mux depending on the Format of the Audio in the AVI file...

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc Encodes to VCD with Middle of Movie MISSING No.37175
retroperv  2003-05-31 11:27:59 ( ID:zwskygmtpfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGEnc for a long time, this is the first time I've seen something like this. I'm converting an average quality MPG to NTSC VCD MPG.

When the conversion was complete, both files showed the same length (20 minutes) and had the same beginning and end scenes. BUT, the VCD file was smaller than the average quality original, making me suspicious. It turns out a huge chunk of the middle of the video was MISSING from the VCD version.

I checked in settings to confirm that I hadnt set TMPGEnc to only encode a certain time frame. Everything is fine there, it's set to encode the entire video.

I'm lost, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Request - TE25 - How to use virtualdub to frameserve TMPGEnc No.37173
jen  2003-05-31 05:39:47 ( ID:loydlqfyxs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How to use virtualdub to frameserve TMPGEnc ?
I add subtitles to video using VirtualDub, save it to avi file, then using tmpenc to create mpg file sucessfully(avi as video input source, wav as audio source) However avi file is HUGE !!! (40 GB or bigger), how can I framserve from VirtualDub to TMPGEnc to eliminate this huge avi file ? Please help, thanks a lot

Minion  2003-05-31 21:45:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frame serveing is Pretty easy with V-Dub..First you have to install the Handler, you do this By double clicking the "AuxSetup.exe" file in the V-Dub folder, then click "Install handler"..Now run V-Dub and Load your File in and do all of the settings you want like you were going to make a New File, Once you have set up V-Dub the way you want like you were going to make a New file go to "File" to "Start Frameserver" and a Little Box will pop up and Press "Start" in the Box and then you will have to give the Frameserver file a Name, Name it anything But give it a ".vdr" extention, now just load your "Movie.vdr" frameserver file into Tmpgenc and encode it Like normal, You might have to Dis-Able the "Direct Show File reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" if you have problems Loading the VDR File or Getting an Image in the VDR File...Good Luck...

Question - TE25 - Results of P4s with HT? No.37170
KSmut  2003-05-31 03:00:43 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone using a P4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology? What kind of results (time to encode, quality, etc.) are you getting with the latest version of TMPGEnc?

Thumper  2003-06-04 22:06:50 ( ID:uznovf9hjj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Anyone using a P4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology? What kind of results (time to encode, quality, etc.) are you getting with the latest version of TMPGEnc?

System: P4 3.0 HT/800 MHz FSB, 2 GB DualChannel 3500 RAM, Asus P4C800 MB, 3WD Raptor 36 GB 10k SATA drives (non-RAID; one for source, output to second), overclocked to 3.16 GHz

I just ran the movie "Dave" through a little while ago using (SmartRipper > DVD2AVI > TMPGEnc Plus) "Normal priority" at all times, (16:9 NTSC Full Screen (keep aspect ratio) as SVCD CBR 2500 bps, Motion search "Normal", no filters in 1 hour 25 minutes.

Hmmm, 85 minutes for a 110 minute movie... I'm happy! It probably would've been a bit faster where I not using the computer while it encoded, too.

KSmut  2003-06-09 22:17:08 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Almost 1/3 faster than real-time?!?! That's awesome Thumper! Sounds like a great system (drool*drool). From what I've read about the 3.0C P4s and that Asus board, you're not pushing it all that much. Why not crank it up further? Memory holding you back? BTW, have you tried TMPGEnc's DVD Author yet?

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.37168
Lord of the Llamas  2003-05-31 02:41:52 ( ID:m17bxuvirpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i try to convert an .avi file to a .mpg file it only converts audio and leaves video as a black screen! I asked my friend and he says that its because i didnt register it. I checked out how to register it and there was nothing on it! HELP!

Minion  2003-05-31 21:35:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No It has nothing to do with registering..Try this, Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show Multi-Media File Reader" to "2"..there will not be an image in the file if you do not see an image in the screen while encodeing...

Request - TDA1 - Great Start! No.48589
dvdrocks  2003-05-30 20:02:17 ( ID:8ulsgjwogag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Author is off to a great start! I have been searching a long time for a simple and inexpensive program for editing and adding chapter points to mpeg files. DVD Author does this well, I especially like the auto chapter point feature based on chapter numbers or fixed time.

Requests:
1. I have been putting 3-6 childrens TV shows on a DVD+R disk with MyDVD. I do not use chapter breaks so the submenus in DVD Author are a hassle. I would like the option to create a menu with 1-9 buttons with no submenus.

2. As with previous requesters I consider including sound during editing and chapter selection critical, and for me a necessary feature before I purchase.

3. The ability to burn DVD+R/RW video compliant disks would also intice me to purchase because it would eliminate the need to purchase Nero or an upgrade to EZCD.

4. I would like to see TMPGenc Encoder and DVD Author combined into a single product.

Question - TE25 - Tmpgenc keeps crashing No.37163
Rooney  2003-05-30 19:03:14 ( ID:r04ipp3mdoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I,ve been using tmpgenc to encode mpeg files for vcd for some time now. However I've recently downloaded some avi files of tv shows and want to encode to vcd but evry time i try, tmpgenc crashes my system and it resets itself. I'm using XP home edition with an Athlon 1800 and 352 mb ram.

Does anybody have any suggestions why this might be and what could be done to solve the problem?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Minion  2003-05-30 21:06:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if it happens just with these Files then it is Probably a Problem with the files, Maybe try Frameserveing the Files to tmpgenc...

glassbottomJAw  2003-06-01 03:04:50 ( ID:ljqoz7fgutf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been having the same problem.

it gets to 2% at the most and then just turns off the computer.

i am also running XP.

if you have an answer to this problem, can you please email or just leave a message here.

glassbottomJAw  2003-06-01 03:23:44 ( ID:ljqoz7fgutf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been having the same problem.

it gets to 2% at the most and then just turns off the computer.

i am also running XP.

if you have an answer to this problem, can you please email or just leave a message here.

Minion  2003-06-01 05:12:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it crashes at the same spot every time then it would be a Problem with the file But if it happens at different spots I don"t know what it could be...

Question - TE25 - Managing VBR audio with tmpeg No.37159
dex  2003-05-30 11:08:41 ( ID:kj/wc4gu9pa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've a problem converting some divx in mpeg2 (svcd).
The problem is probably related to VBR audio stream.
I've no idea how to manage it.

Any suggestion?
TIA

dex

Minion  2003-05-30 21:04:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use "Virtual Dub_Mod" to extract the audio from the DivX file to Wav format then use the Wav files as the Audio source..Virtual DubMod handles VBR Mp3 audio better than the regular Virtual Dub, You can also Try useing AVI-Mux to extract the audio....

dex  2003-06-03 08:21:41 ( ID:kj/wc4gu9pa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried something like that, but the final result is audio non syncronized with video.
They started correctly but at the end of the movie the delay is around 2 mins .

dex

dex  2003-06-03 12:37:44 ( ID:kj/wc4gu9pa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried something like that, but the final result is audio non syncronized with video.
They started correctly but at the end of the movie the delay is around 2 mins .

dex

Question - TE25 - Best method to Encode? No.37155
Kisoo Lim  2003-05-30 09:15:18 ( ID:rgy7xoobqxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are about 4; CB, 2-PASS VBR, CQ, CQ-VBR
Which one is the best?

Tomas  2003-05-30 18:11:27 ( ID:w9nioantxtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you trying to create the high quelity DVD I suggest you look at
http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html This is bar far the best site explaining the various settings of the TMPGEnc and suggesting the correct setting. I do use them in my project and get excelent results.

Minion  2003-05-30 21:02:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally speaking if your Source Footage is of Good Quality you should use the "CQ(Constant Quality)" setting and adjust the Bitrate and Quality settings to your Needs, if your Source footage isn"t as good you might get better Quality useing the 2 Pass setting, The site Posted above has a Good explanation of the Different setting there are in Tmpgenc...

Kisoo Lim  2003-05-31 05:07:49 ( ID:rgy7xoobqxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks.
I'll try.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.