Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 483 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 DVD from AVI w/ VBR PCM Audio Problem??? Gas_Hed 1 2003-05-10 17:20:17
Question TE25 Voice problems Jake 2 2003-05-10 10:33:20
Free talk TE25 How to use SVCD resolution MPEGs in TMPG DVD author Ashy 3 2003-05-10 09:57:21
Question TE25 Audio Setting Application Hang??? Flipside 1 2003-05-09 13:25:09
Question TE25 DVD widescreen ??? AndrewB 2 2003-05-09 12:20:04
Question TE25 avi to dvd Harry 1 2003-05-08 22:16:29
Question TE25 Several problems since new install Proch 1 2003-05-12 22:52:48
Question TE25 Putting Divx and other avi streams on DVD Alex 2 2003-05-08 22:25:12
Question TE25 How to encode bilingual avi? Darrell 3 2003-05-09 02:04:26
Question TE25 Height and Width Eazy E 1 2003-05-08 21:50:12
Question TE25 VOB files AdonisXX 9 2003-05-09 17:07:14
Bug report TE25 Crash by browser button kornylak 0 2003-05-07 14:44:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 483 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - DVD from AVI w/ VBR PCM Audio Problem??? No.36818
Gas_Hed  Home )  2003-05-10 15:15:29 ( ID:yuuun2zh8cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm capturing videos at PAL DVD resolution, and when I encode the files in TMPGEnc using Full DVD Resolution with VBR Linear PCM Audio, when it is finished I get 2 files - .m2v and .wav

Is this normal, i tried to multiplex them but that is not allowed. How do I get these files to a DVD??? I dont have a burner yet, but I am capturing the videos now to save me doing it later.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Luke

Ashy  2003-05-10 17:20:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes that's correct.
You need a DVD authoring program. You cannot just burn MPEG files to DVD like a VCD. They need to be authored into the correct format first.

Question - TE25 - Voice problems No.36815
Jake  2003-05-10 08:07:56 ( ID:xsmtimuigla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have around 25 movies i downloaded from imesh. Now i have this voice problem with them. they work fine as long as i do not cut them to make a VCD . I have almost all the codec installed on my PC. They are all in different formats AVI, Divx, Xvid. First i use Easy Video Splitter and cut them into 2. then i use Nearo and make a vcd. But when i play them... There is a problem of VOICE.. Its either ahead or late.. The man comes and goes and then the voice comes....:( What do i DO ???? Plssss Any 1 knows what should i do ? It took me ages to download the movies.. Cant simply hit the delete KEY... HELP SOMEONE !

Ashy  2003-05-10 10:12:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you encoding with Nero or TMPG?
Are you cutting before encoding?
My advice is to encode first with TMPG then use the Merge&Cut tools to cut the MPEG afterwards and then use Nero to burn the disk(not encode)

Minion  2003-05-10 10:33:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There can Be a whole Bunch of reasons why you are Haveing sync problems..From What I get from your Post is that You do not even use Tmpgenc at all because you say that you cut your AVI files with One Program(Xvid, and DivX are all AVI) then use use Nero to Make the VCD ,which I understand as you are Useing Nero to encode your Files and Not Tmpgenc, Nero sucks for Encodeing to VCD/SVCD so Don"t use it and Maybe try NOT editing your Files before encodeing and load your AVI File into Tmpgenc and choose the Correct VCD Template and encode it to VCD then use the "Merge & Cut" to Edit the VCD/Mpeg1 files...I hope you Know that Downloaded Movies aren"t really very Good For Makeing VCD"s out of as they are Usually corrupted to some degree and Have Non-Standard Audio Formats Resolutions and Framerates, the Best way to make VCD/SVCD/DVD"s is to Get a DVD-Rom and to make VCD/SVCD/DVD"s out of them...

Free talk - TE25 - How to use SVCD resolution MPEGs in TMPG DVD author No.36811
Ashy  2003-05-10 01:50:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I think I have a solution to using out of spec MPEGs such as 480x480 or 480x576 with TMPG DVD author.

You will need an exact copy of the MPEG you wish to use then use DVD patcher to patch one of them to 720x576. Import this one into TMPG. When it comes to the menu's and chapters select the unpatched MPEG(480x576 or 480x480). This then prevents the problem of the green bar at the right hand side of the menu and the squished images.

Then just continue and create the VOBs as normal.

After authoring don't forget to patch just the main VOBS back to 480x...

SatDVD  2003-05-10 05:49:50 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks great tip, I found with 480x480 SatTV material, I had to patch it to DVD specs to import, then patch to 544x480 to edit the chapter pictures.

Also, found no need to patch back to the original resolution, it plays fine in a Sony DVD player and with PC apps.

SatDVD  2003-05-10 06:34:33 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Even better, you don't need 2 copies.

Just patch to DVD specs to allow the import,
then patch right back to the source resolution.

Everything works as expected, thumbnails, etc.

Ashy  2003-05-10 09:57:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you're absolutely right.
I did actually try this, for some reason it didn't seem to work, but I was patching the entire file.
You only need to patch it for the import then patch it back for the menus.
You don't need to patch the entire file just the headers and it's works as you say, there is no need to patch the output again as DVD author automatically adjusts it to the right resolution in the output. Everything plays fine.

Question - TE25 - Audio Setting Application Hang??? No.36809
Flipside  2003-05-09 13:20:20 ( ID:881udasmkyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I am making an NTSC Video CD from an avi File w/ the stats:
(Video=602 Kbps, 24.0 fps, res. 448*272 (16:9), MP43 = MS MPEG4 V3)
(Audio=96 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 chan., 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3)
and I use the expert>audio tab>Use audio edit>Change Volume setting up to 130% to 150% the TMPGenc just freezes when it's only about 20% complete. Some avi files will work ok with this setting but others just keep making it hang. When I change the settings to not use the audio edit>Change Volume the file will work without any problems. Is this a bug or some kind or pilot error that I'm not aware of???
Thanks,
FLIPSIDE

Flipside  2003-05-09 13:25:09 ( ID:881udasmkyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My email is not correct in the post above my correct email is
ontheflipside11@hotmail.com Sorry for the mix-up.

Question - TE25 - DVD widescreen ??? No.36806
AndrewB  2003-05-09 01:09:18 ( ID:tz8nzzv6lho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

She you will be obeyed has now decided that this DVD I'm trying to produce for her family in the USA (from a PAL DV source) is fine so far (and many thanks to B_Racer, Minion, Ashy and others for their help so far) but it should be in widescreen format ...

I tried to tell her that either (a) I'd have to cut off her head and feet or (b) make her even shorter and fatter than she already is ... I think she thought I was joking but she says it has to be widescreen DVD ...

Except 2.511 only seems to have DVD PAL & NTSC and not film templates ... can anyone tell me the correct settings for PAL or NTSC widescreen for a fully compliant DVD - because they'll be BIG TROUBLE if Auntie Elsie in Chicago finally gets her DVD and it doesn't work ...

Don't you sometimes wish they'd never invented computers or non-linear editing LOL :-)

Minion  2003-05-09 02:19:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Makeing it Widescreen Will Probably Make things Look a Bit Squished But Most poeple Do not even really notice if it isn"t too Bad, They do it all the time when Broadcasting movies on TV..Well you Should do some tests, Go to the "Clip Frame" settings and Play with the "Video Arrange Method" Custom Size" settings and the Clip Frame settings and try to Get it to look the Way you want, and Try useing the 16:9 aspect ratio setting and see if that helps also, Do a Bunch of test encodes of a Minute or so each with Different settings and save the settings as templates and you can burn the test encodes to a RW and see how they look on TV..Aspect Ratios aren"t my expertise I basicly use what looks right...

B_Racer  2003-05-09 12:20:04 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depents on the Source. Is it Letterboxed (with Black Bars) or is it anamorphic?
Whatever it is, you can use the AVISynth-Script from the other Thread, but the Output-Options ar different.
But i never tried a PAL->NTSC-Konversion with widescreen video, so i'm not sure about the correct settings.

Question - TE25 - avi to dvd No.36804
Harry  2003-05-08 22:01:14 ( ID:ffpz1/7/9eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When encoding avi to dvd is there a maximum size to encode to coz nero says no bigger than 2 gig. Also what are .d2v files and how do you burn them in nero.

Ashy  2003-05-08 22:16:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The maximumsize depends on your operating system. If it's Fat32 then your limited to 4gb.
In any case this is not how you burn a DVD any way. You need to author the finished MPEG with a DVD authoring program first befor burning to disk.

You do not burn d2v files. A d2v file is just a project file which you use to import into TMPG for encoding from VOBS.

Question - TE25 - Several problems since new install No.36802
Proch  2003-05-08 14:38:20 ( ID:2hxxemsxtp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ever since I installed .511 I've had some problems.

1) Choppy audio. The source has perfect audio. Whether I do mp2 audio or just rip the .wav, the audio comes out choppy- like stop and go.

2) After I quit the application, I can't start it again until I try like 10 times. When I double click the icon, the task momentarily shows up in task manager, but quickly goes away. If I keep trying to run it, eventually it works.

3) Multi-CPU problem that I described in another thread on this message board.

Can anyone else verify any of these? I used the self-extracting version...

henrie  2003-05-12 22:52:48 ( ID:w60rtvdtdlf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Same problem over here starting up 2.511. Must at least always start twice before program becomes visible.

Question - TE25 - Putting Divx and other avi streams on DVD No.36799
Alex  2003-05-08 07:33:27 ( ID:qgwitemhg.6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just bought a DVD writer and succesfully did some backing up of my DVD disks, so I know the thing is working.
However, I have a good collection of 600-800 Meg different Divx and other avi films from the net that did not look too good when I sqweezed them (using TMPG) onto 1 CD (in VCD or SVCD). When I ask TMPG to put them onto a DVD disk, it tells me in the final window that almost the whole size of the DVD disk will be taken (3Gig out of 4.3) However, this is a waste of space, since no new information is being added, right? Is there a way of putting several Divx avi movies onto one DVD disk?

Respectfully,

Alex.

x  2003-05-08 22:08:55 ( ID:zie/dytzr7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I just bought a DVD writer and succesfully did some backing up of my DVD disks, so I know the thing is working.
>However, I have a good collection of 600-800 Meg different Divx and other avi films from the net that did not look too good when I sqweezed them (using TMPG) onto 1 CD (in VCD or SVCD). When I ask TMPG to put them onto a DVD disk, it tells me in the final window that almost the whole size of the DVD disk will be taken (3Gig out of 4.3) However, this is a waste of space, since no new information is being added, right?

Correct, but by telling it you want a DVD, it's using a bit rate compatible with DVD, this is much higher than the bitrate for a standard SVCD.

> Is there a way of putting several Divx avi movies onto one DVD disk?
>
>Respectfully,
>
>Alex.
>

There sure is, tell TMPGEnc your making an SVCD instead of a DVD, then it'll only be 1.5-2 gigs and you can fit 2 or 3 movies on a DVDR. If you turn down the bitrate to make 1.1 gig files, you can even squeeze 4 movies per disk with quite acceptable results.

Test different bitrates and settings, and burn test with a DVDRW before you burn anything to DVDR though, some DVD players are pretty picky about non standard files.

Minion  2003-05-08 22:25:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you want them on your DVD Disk???? Do you want to be able to Watch them on your DVD Player or just store them so you can watch them on your Computer or for later use??? If you want to Actually watch them on your DVD Player?? To Turn the DivX Movie into DVD Compliant Mpeg files and Watch them on a DVD Player then Yes there is More information being written to the Disk because the Movies will Not be DivX movies any more they will Be Mpeg movies which are Bigger files, You could encode the Movies to Mpeg1-VCD but instead Encode the audio to 48000hz then they will Be compliant with The Lowest Quality DVD Standard (352+240/288, Mpeg1 1800kbs-Max 48000hz audio), then You can probably fit 4-6 hours on a DVD-R with VCD Quality, but you will need a DVD Authoring Program that supports that DVD Format...

Question - TE25 - How to encode bilingual avi? No.36795
Darrell  2003-05-08 06:44:01 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

anyone?

Minion  2003-05-08 22:06:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Type of Bilingual AVI(Dual Chanell, Joint Sterio, 2 Seperate audio tracks??), and encode to What, VCD/SVCD/DVD/AVI ECT????

Darrell  2003-05-09 01:34:12 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's 2 separate audio track (mandarin+cantonese), AVI

Minion  2003-05-09 02:04:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Going to Have to leave more info than that, Dont wory we Wont Bite you..So you Have some sort of File possibly an avi file?? and you have 2 seperate Audio Tracks that Might be in seperate Files?? Or they Might Be In the Source File?? and you want to Take this File and turn it into Something (AVI,Mpeg/VCD/SVCD/DVD?) that has 2 Seperate audio Tracks that I guess would be Selectable??? Since I do not Know what you have and What you are Trying to Do I can only speculate, I can Tell you that VCD does not Support 2 audio Tracks and SVCD Supports 2 audio tracks and I believe AVI Can have Quite a Few But you would need a software Media Player that can select audio tracks from an AVI file..For a SVCD I believe you would just use the "Multiplex" in the "Mpeg tools" to Mux Both audio tracks to the Video file, But not all DVD Players can select audio tracks off of a SVCD.And you could allways take each audio track and Mix it to a Mono Track then take each Mono Track and Mix it to a Sterio Track then Encode and Mux the new sterio track with the Video, So when you Panned to the Far left it would be one Language and when you panned to the Right it would be the Other Language..But since I dont have Much info on what you are doing I can"t give to a Better answer...

Question - TE25 - Height and Width No.36793
Eazy E  2003-05-08 06:09:01 ( ID:pybxdu.kfng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a file for burning to vcd, I got the standard frame rate,
but the HxW would not change. I burned it anyway with Nero Burning Rom and
got perfect sound, but no picture. I've been making glass coasters all week.
I think I'm almost there. Heeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppppp.

Ashy  2003-05-08 21:50:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Either load the correct VCD template or load the Unlock.mcf template to unlock the settings.

Question - TE25 - VOB files No.36783
AdonisXX  2003-05-07 16:16:39 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys, does anyone know of a simple program that will covert the VOB files off a DVD-R disc into an mpeg file???

Ashy  2003-05-07 18:21:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

?

AdonisXX  2003-05-07 19:01:48 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi ash, do you know of a program that will convert vob files to a mpeg file?

Minion  2003-05-07 21:41:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean By Convert Vob"s to a Mpeg file??? Vob"s are Basicly just Mpeg files, You can even Change Vob to Mpeg Just by renameing the file to Mpeg, But if your Plan is to Make Mpeg files that are Much smaller than the Vob files ,say for makeing your Own SVCD"s or VCD"s or even your Own DVD"s then you Can use DVD2AVI and Tmpgenc to encode them to SVCD/VCD/DVD, But since your Question is sort of Vague it"s hard to help...

AdonisXX  2003-05-08 02:56:54 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just thot that maybe for example if there was a way to change all the files on an existing dvdr that one has, into one mpeg file for example-for
re-authoring in 'tmpgenc dvd author'???????

Thanks guys

B_Racer  2003-05-08 09:51:01 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc can import VOBs...!

SmartRipper (or DVD DeCrypter) can produce a single MPEG-File directly from a DVD.

TMPGEnc is able to Merge the VOBs and save them as MPEG-File.

Ashy  2003-05-08 21:45:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this.
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/evilmastr/vobmain.html

Ashy  2003-05-08 22:11:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way. You will lose the audio if you attempt to use TMPG to merge VOBs.

B_Racer  2003-05-09 11:11:56 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To be correct: 1 Audio Stream works, i've often done this. But you'r right, VOBMerge is the better solution.

Ashy  2003-05-09 17:07:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. It depends on the DVD.
If it only contains AC3 audio then you will only end up with a file with no audio at all. Only if the audio is in MPEG format will it allow one track to be saved. The Merge and cut tools do not support Ac3 or PCM.

Bug report - TE25 - Crash by browser button No.36782
kornylak  2003-05-07 14:44:20 ( ID:ogfxy10qu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed 2.511.51.160 yesterday. If windows media player has loaded a copy of a file in the directory the browser button is set to, when I click on the Browse button on the main page of TMPGEnc, the browse window appears for a few seconds and then the whole program shuts down without any message. (I am running winxp on a dell 8100. I haven't installed SP1 because last time I did, I had to reformat and start from scratch.)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.