Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 492 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 I want to loop the video to the song. Tchort 0 2003-04-22 16:01:10
Question TE25 Audio goes out of sync BrianO 1 2003-04-22 21:24:51
Question TE25 Convert From .rmvb format to mpeg format.. pooh 2 2003-04-23 03:06:47
Question TE25 ARCHIVES.. Kathaer 3 2003-04-23 19:43:00
Question TE25 It converted it but theres no Video only Audio KhaOsStyLe 1 2003-04-22 21:05:09
Free talk TE25 Quantize matrix kamaz 0 2003-04-21 19:07:24
Question TE25 Splitting mpg's ali3n 4 2003-04-22 18:27:53
Question TE25 error Randy 1 2003-04-21 20:47:15
Question TE25 Should I use Inverse Telecine or not? Darren 7 2003-04-21 23:26:29
Question TE25 FROM PAL to NTSC Henry 2 2003-04-22 03:18:34
Question TE25 Which encoder SuperFly 2 2003-04-23 23:09:17
Question TE25 No video output MadmX 1 2003-04-21 03:05:11

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 492 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - I want to loop the video to the song. No.36478
Tchort  2003-04-22 16:01:10 ( ID:ntqej1o.6jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just made a little .mpg by putting an animation i made as the video and a song from my band as the audio.

The animation goes for about 21 seconds and i want to make it loop, because the song keps going. At the moment I made it , it plays once then stopps, while the song contiunues.

When i made the animation in microsoft gif animator, i saved it as repeating forever, but this makes no difference..

could you please email me with help?
Thanks in advance :)

Question - TE25 - Audio goes out of sync No.36476
BrianO  2003-04-22 11:48:08 ( ID:xvcn1kytjmf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've searched and read through this board and I still can't see a clear answer to this problem. A split AVI file plays fine with the audio in sync to the very end of the clip. When I use TMPGEnc to encode it for VCD, the video starts to lag the audio about three quarters the way through and at 6 hours per try, I'm getting very upset. The AVI was split using Virtual Dub and the first half of the split runs fine as a finished VCD. It's onlly the second half that has a problem. I've even exported the audio as a wave file and the recombined it with TMPGEnc, still with no luck. Then I tried editing the wave file and added a few seconds into it where I lose sync then recombined using TMPGEnc again. Still goes out of sync at the same place. Why, if the origional AVI is in sync all the way through and the split portions check out okay, am I loosing it when it's converted with TMPGEnc? I don't know what else to try.

Brian

Minion  2003-04-22 21:24:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you should do Is Just encode the Video, and after encodeing the Video find out the Exact length of the Mpeg Video File, then check the Length of the Wav audio file and see if they are Exactly the Same Length, if there is a Sync Problem the Audio will be a Little Longer or Shorter than the Video, sou you would need a Program Like "Cool Edit" or "Sound Forge" to Stretch or Shrink the Audio to the Same Length as the Video, once the audio is the correct length just Encode the Audio to Mp2 and Mux it with the Video..That Is how I fix all My sync Problems....

Question - TE25 - Convert From .rmvb format to mpeg format.. No.36473
pooh  2003-04-22 11:33:00 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I have a question here.

I have a file in RealMedia VBR format. which means a .rmvb format. I would like to convert this file to a format that allows me to burn into a vcd format.
Is there anyway to achieve this?

Please enlighten..

Thanks in Advance..
Pooh

Minion  2003-04-22 21:18:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will have to Convert the RM files to AVI first if you want to use Tmpgenc to encode them to Mpeg, you can convert the RM Files to AVI with a Program called Tinra or EO_Video, Tinra is Freeware and can be found on Any Search engine, EO-Video isn"t Freeware but it has a Lot more features Like it will even convert from RM to Mpeg1/2 but the Quality isn"t as good as Tmpgenc...

pooh  2003-04-23 03:06:47 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the advice, but the video format I have is in .rmvb format which is different from a .rm format.

I tried to rename the .rmvb to .rm but it does not work.

Further advice??

Thanks in advance again
Pooh

Question - TE25 - ARCHIVES.. No.36469
Kathaer  Home )  2003-04-22 10:24:05 ( ID:uxf4juibm4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everybody. I work for an Italian digital-video involved company.
We have a little problem. we have a big amount of AVI to store, and we don't know what kind of compression to choose, we'd like to keep the best quality and the lesser space....

i thought the MPEG-2 could be a good solution, at 1:1 ratio, highest quality..

Or .. should i try something else as DIVX?

Thanks for your help.

Minion  2003-04-22 21:14:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Mpeg-4/DivX will give you as good of Quality and Smaller File sizes than Mpeg-2, But there will allways be some Quality loss anytime you are compressing Video Data but if the Quality of your Source Files is Good the Quality loss should not be Noticeable...

wcpaul  2003-04-23 19:25:34 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The key to archival decision is what "lesser space" means. MPEG2 can do excellent compression at 8Mbs, "very" lossless compression at 12-15 Mbs and extremely lossless (4:2:2 using MP@HL) at about 18Mbs. This consumes less space than DV, at much better quality. Broadcasters routinely use 15Mbs 4:2:2P@ML to digitize their older archives.

I have used MPEG4 (Divx 5.0.3) but can never get a compressed result which is indistiguishable from the original for EVERY frame, even at 8Mbs. As soon as you get away from an I frame, the quality goes down.

Remember, the underlying compression of both techniques is the pretty much the same. MPEG4 just ads effects to trick the eye into overlooking compression artifacts for very long GOPs when viewed at full frame rate (in tiny computer windows).

If the AVI originally came from DV (4:1:1), it must be archived with 4:2:2 color sampling to prevent half the color samples from being lost during conversion.

wcpaul  2003-04-23 19:43:00 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, here is my compression test:

Choose know frames from original and compressed videos which have NO motion. Extract out to BMP files (DVD2AVI, vfapiconv, VirtualDub copy frame to clipboard, paste in Paint, save).

Toggle rapidly between BMPs in a picture viewer. The toggle should not be noticeable. Carefully check many pattern types in several frames.

Compare highly zoomed views of an area which has subtle textures.

If resolution is lost in frames with no motion, reject the compression method.

After passing that test, motion can be evaluated but this just boils down to a well known bitrate vs quality judgement.

Question - TE25 - It converted it but theres no Video only Audio No.36467
KhaOsStyLe  2003-04-22 07:36:06 ( ID:mccq8atl72l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've already picked system video and audio but when the encoding is done the video is blank and all you can hear isthe audio so could I please get some help please the movies are AVI from Kazaa if that helps any
thanks for taking your time to help me out!
Jason and Vivian Yang

Minion  2003-04-22 21:05:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First Make sure you have the Right Codecs installed, if you do then go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"..and if you do not see an image in the Screen while you are encodeing then there will not be an Image in the File....

Free talk - TE25 - Quantize matrix No.36466
kamaz  2003-04-21 19:07:24 ( ID:uew2omj37.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is it better to use the non-standard quantize matrix for non-intrablocks, i mean, doesn't it have effect on the quality ?

Thanks

Kamaz

Question - TE25 - Splitting mpg's No.36461
ali3n  2003-04-21 18:32:22 ( ID:polug9sn4ta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to split an existing 1.2 gig mpg video and am a little new to video editing but lately 1 gig + videos have been showing up and I just don;t have a dvdrw yat... What would be the appropriate settings to split a 1.2 gig mpg then make 2 svcd's? Thanks for the help

Ashy  2003-04-21 19:23:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What????????

Just split it into 2 equal parts and choose the correct stream type for the output.

I'm surprised you even needed to ask such a question unless I don't understand the it.

Minion  2003-04-21 20:51:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am also surprised someone would ask a Question like this, a Very small amount of Math and common sence would solve this dilema..

ali3n  2003-04-21 23:31:23 ( ID:polug9sn4ta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've never used TMPGenc before... i tried it a few times this morning like the the help lage @ vcdhelp.com displays and for reasons i'm unaware of the split first half of the video regardless of where I set the divide markers is consistantly 17mb and not a byte larger...??? Any ideas?

Ashy  2003-04-22 18:27:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this.
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/chopper.html

Question - TE25 - error No.36459
Randy  2003-04-21 17:11:45 ( ID:rule/qeadu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several avi's that tmpgenc seems to have a problem with. This happens whenever I use the wizard. As soon as I choose the input video file it says 'Judging Field Order' , then after only 2% I get 'floating point error'. I tried these same files without the wizard and I don't have too much of a problem but do still occasionally get the 'floating point error' only it is usually somewhere during the encoding process.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2003-04-21 20:47:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Floating Point errors are usually caused by Errors in your Source File, this is common with Downloaded files cuz they usually are riddled with errors that can cause the encoder to Error out or crash..There isn"t much you can do about it in Tmpgenc, you can try scanning for errors and makeing a copy of the file with Virtual Dub this can sometimes fix the errors in the file....

Question - TE25 - Should I use Inverse Telecine or not? No.36451
Darren  2003-04-21 16:09:13 ( ID:bnjgwkvwrjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I captured some NTSC TV programs on mini DV tape. I plan to convert these tapes to VCD. The VCDs will be played on a NTSC TV. The original footage was telecined.

I used TMPGENC wizard: First I selected "VCD 29.97 fps" and then checked the "Inverse Telecine" box. The resulting file looks choppy when viewed on a TV.

1. Did I make the proper TMPGENC selections? Should I have selected "VCD 23.97 fps"?

2. Will the file look better on a TV if I do not choose "Inverse Telecine"?

Ashy  2003-04-21 19:20:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you know the original footage was telecined if it was TV footage?

In any case you cannot use IVTC on this footage and even if you did you cannot just leave the frame rate at 23.976 fps after IVTC.
You would still need to re-telecine this material to make it NTSC compliant.

You can only IVTC original progressive material which has been Telecined. You have lost the original progressive frames by capturing to 29.97 interlaced frames.
You need to encode this footage at 29.97 fps.

Darren  2003-04-21 20:16:27 ( ID:bnjgwkvwrjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - you asked "How do you know the original footage was telecined if it was TV footage?"

Answer: When I view the captured footage frame-by-frame, I see a repeating pattern of three progressive frames followed by two frames with interlace artifacts.

I will encode the captured file at 29.97 fps.

Here's another question: When I encode at 23.976 fps and burn a VCD, how does my DVD player output 29.97 fps? Would I get the same jerky motion if I used SVCD?

Ashy  2003-04-21 20:44:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot output a 23.976 VCD at 29.97. You would need to encode it to 29.97.
Only MPEG2 supports adding 3:2 pulldown to 23.976 sources.

Ashy  2003-04-21 20:48:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Answer: When I view the captured footage frame-by-frame, I see a repeating pattern of three progressive frames followed by two frames with interlace artifacts.

If this is indeed the case then you may be able to use IVTC on this material.
After IVTC does this material play ok on the PC?

If so encode then encode this material to MPEG2 using pulldown.

Darren  2003-04-21 22:03:30 ( ID:bnjgwkvwrjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - you asked "How do you know the original footage was telecined if it was TV footage?"

Answer: When I view the captured footage frame-by-frame, I see a repeating pattern of three progressive frames followed by two frames with interlace artifacts.

I will encode the captured file at 29.97 fps.

Here's another question: When I encode at 23.976 fps and burn a VCD, how does my DVD player output 29.97 fps? Would I get the same jerky motion if I used SVCD?

Darren  2003-04-21 22:09:45 ( ID:bnjgwkvwrjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy asked: "After IVTC does this material play ok on the PC?"

Answer: This plays very smoothe on a pc. It's only jerky on a TV.
-----------------------

TmpgEnc has an option for 23.976 fps VCD. What does this option do that is different from 29.97 fps VCD?

Ashy  2003-04-21 23:26:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Answer: This plays very smooth on a pc. It's only jerky on a TV.

If this is the case then it seems the footage has been properly IVTC'd

The 23.976 VCD setting you refer to is for Film material, but most hardware players will not play this material correctly moreover most players will convert the frame rate to 29.97 causing frame rate conversion artifacts such as jerky playback.
In most cases for playback on a hardware player the VCD has to be 29.97.

Only when encoding to MPEG2 can the framerate be set to 23.976, but 3:2 pulldown must also be used to make the MPEG play at the required 29.97 fps.

Question - TE25 - FROM PAL to NTSC No.36448
Henry  2003-04-21 15:35:01 ( ID:ww4hf63boah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I want to convert videofootage, shot with a PAL camcorder, to NTSC format and burn it on DVD so it can be played in countries where they use this NTSC tv format.

The question is: Can I capture this (PAL) footage directly with Adobe Premiere (with PAL projectsettings) and convert it afterwards to NTSC with TMPGenc? Anybody knows if this is going to work.

Please, your response.

Kind regards

Henry

Ashy  2003-04-21 19:30:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes and no. You can convert it with TMPG, but the result will be choppy playback. TMPG cant do proper fram rate conversion.

To do it properly you would need to alter the frame rate to 23.976 by patching the headers in the file and then encode to MPEG2 using 3:2 pulldown. This will create an MPEG which is internally 23.976, but will play back at 29.97 fps.
You would then need an audio editor to alter the length of the audio to match the video.

Another way is to use AVIsynth, but the above method is best.

Minion  2003-04-22 03:18:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can probably get Premier to export you Project as Pal or Ntsc, I know that With Vegas Video 4 you can export your Projects as allmost any standard Frame rate no matter what the Original file is, and the Playback allways seems smooth ...

Question - TE25 - Which encoder No.36445
SuperFly  2003-04-21 06:50:29 ( ID:nolpi9uk6dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know what encoder to buy tmpgenc or Procoder any suggestions???

Billy  2003-04-21 07:06:44 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Um...TMPGEnc is free...unless you want an unlimited access for MPEG2...

Minion  2003-04-23 23:09:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Procoder Does a Lot more than Encode to Mpeg it also Converts between Many Formats and does Exelent Pal/NTSC conversions, it has Better Mpeg2 Quality than Tmpgenc but the Mpeg1 isn"t as good, It all comes down to What you need the Product to do and what kind of money you want to spend, If you just want to make VCD"s and SVCD"s and DVD"s then You are better off with Tmpgenc, But if you are Working with a Lot of Different Formats and DV and Have a Lot of Money to spend then Procoder is the way to go, I use them Both from time to time for different Projects....

Question - TE25 - No video output No.36443
MadmX  2003-04-21 02:58:36 ( ID:ugi5w/gv1yk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On one of my machines, When I encode I get no video in the preview pain, just a black screen. Consiquently the encoded video is also nothing but black. I can watch movies ok on this PC, but for some reason I get no actual picture when I encode them.

The process completes normally and takes the normal amount of time. You can see it counting through the frames etc.. just no picture. I get sound, but thats it.

Do you have any idea whats going on?

TIA

X!

MadmX  2003-04-21 03:05:11 ( ID:ugi5w/gv1yk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S. If I "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" raise "Direct show" to "2"

I get a pointer error and the program will no longer function. I have to goto the ini file and set it back to 0 to get the program to run again.

Maybe thats what I really need help with is why Direct Show blows up at "2"

TIA

X!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.