Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 470 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 mpg merging-only video resulting suresh 1 2003-06-04 22:15:50
Question TE25 merge & cut length limit? unknown 2 2003-06-04 22:39:50
Question TE25 attachment to jjmungin jjmungin 1 2003-06-04 05:39:34
Question TE25 to permently set options to remove letter box jjmungin 2 2003-06-03 21:24:16
Question TE25 Sound out of sync? Crypto Guy 2 2003-06-06 00:19:44
Bug report TE25 Your video freezes at encoding? A solution!! AsukaFan 2 2003-06-07 12:10:23
Question TE25 AVI > MPG beeps on sound? Philip 2 2003-06-07 12:13:46
Question TE25 Interlacing problems benorgan 2 2003-06-07 12:29:15
Question TE25 TMPG Enc takes 20 hours to convert a avi file? ulisses 2 2003-06-03 21:36:18
Question TE25 Anamorphic setting in Tmpgenc? Kisoo Lim 0 2003-06-03 05:18:40
Question TE25 AVI is 23.983 fps not 23.976 DX508 0 2003-06-02 21:21:17
Question TE25 AVI is 23.983 fps not 23.976 DX508 4 2003-06-03 03:34:38

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 470 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - mpg merging-only video resulting No.37262
suresh  2003-06-04 06:37:48 ( ID:kkn7reyq18h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the 2.5 download version, after the 30 day period I am unable to join mpg files. only the video stream is merged and no there is no audio in the merged file .

Minion  2003-06-04 22:15:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Probably just a Bug of some sort with Tmpgenc and certain files.. When the Mpeg Tools start not working right there are No Magic setting to make it suddenly work Properly, What you will have to Do is use a different Mpeg editor, There are some Freeware Mpeg2 editors like Mpeg2Cut and Chopper XP but I don"t know if they Join I don"t know of any Freeware Mpeg1 editors/Joiners, But I do have a Mpeg1 editor that Cuts and Merges, if you want a Copy of it send me an e-Mail if you can"t find a Mpeg2 editor and you need one I might be able to find one of those for you also....cheers

Question - TE25 - merge & cut length limit? No.37259
unknown  2003-06-04 05:00:14 ( ID:ruc3irswtxo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the latest version of TMPGEnc (2.512.52.161-free) and I am trying to cut out a 13 min. part from a 60 min. mpg file. Every time the prog finishes processing at about 7 min. The clip is cut out, but it is only 7 min. long. Is there a limit on the free version or am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Minion  2003-06-04 05:44:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your Probably Not doing anything wrong, The editor in Tmpgenc"s Mpeg tools is very Picky with the files it will edit, it is only officially supposed to be for Files that were encoded By Tmpgenc and even then sometimes it don"t work right, Try a different Mpeg editor if you can"t get Tmpgenc"s to work, There are some freeware ones But the Only ones I can think of Right now are Mpeg2 editors not mpeg1 , one is Mpeg2Cut and another is Chopper XP, im sure you can find one if you look on a Search engine...

unknown  2003-06-04 22:39:50 ( ID:0qzysaykwoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the help

Question - TE25 - attachment to jjmungin No.37257
jjmungin  2003-06-03 22:20:27 ( ID:bdpv0c8ipqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the respond, but I forgot to say that I use 'easy vcd' and it must set its own settings, do you know how to make the settings in easy vcd that would set the settings in tmpge.

Minion  2003-06-04 05:39:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Not really, But I don"t see the Big deal in doing a coule settings that takes 30 seconds, You allready have Easy VCD doing everything else for you ..I guess you"ll have to live with it...

Question - TE25 - to permently set options to remove letter box No.37254
jjmungin  2003-06-03 21:01:16 ( ID:bdpv0c8ipqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how to have tmpge start with the same settings each time. What I don't want is the letter box (bars at top and bottom). Each time I would go to arrange settings and chose no margin.

jjmungin  2003-06-03 21:08:14 ( ID:bdpv0c8ipqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is an attachment to my question.
all movies r ntsc 16.9

thanks

Minion  2003-06-03 21:24:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well save your Settings as a Template, then when you load in a File you just have to load the correct template and all the setting will be set the way you set them in the template, To do this is easy ,First load in a File go and do all of your Settings like you were going to encode and when they are set the way you like them click the "Save" button in the Bottom Right corner and give the template a Name and save it in the "Templates Folder", then next time you just have to load in your file then clicl the "Load" button and find your Template and choose it and your setting will be set...

Question - TE25 - Sound out of sync? No.37251
Crypto Guy  2003-06-03 20:04:24 ( ID:isswuydaj3r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm new to this. I'm trying to use TMPGENC to
archive shows from my ReplayTV PVR to VCD or SVCD.

I run the mpg from the replay thru DVD2AVI, and then
use TMPGENC to make a compliant MPEG file. However,
in this second file, the sound seems to be out of
sync by about 1 second - its later than the video.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Cryptoguy

Minion  2003-06-03 22:12:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What heppens with those PVR Mpeg capture boxes Like replay TV is that when they drop frames while recording they Make up for the dropped Frame by adding Padding which is basicly empty Data to make up for the lost frame, But some Programs do not see these dropped Frames like DVD2AVI and Tmpgenc so when encodeing them Video becomes a Little shorter because it has less frames causeing it to go out of sync with the Audio, To see if this is the Problem, Demux the Original Mpeg file and compare the length of the audio to the length of the "Encoded" Video file and see if they are different, The differance should be about the amount they are out of sync, if this is the Problem you would have to Use an Audio editor like Sound Forge or Cool Edit to shrink the audio so it is the Same Length as the Video, but if this is not the Problem then it could just be a Matter of off-setting the audio or Video so that they match up, You can do this with a Multiplexor that has the Audio off set option, The Muxer in BBMpeg has an option like this but it is a Little tricky to use, The one in "Mpeg2Vcr" is really good and easy to use for this and it is one of the best Mpeg editors But it is not Freeware, well good luck..

Paul Stevens  2003-06-06 00:19:44 ( ID:kppgrhps1oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an mpeg2 that was made from a "video capture" card. It plays perfectly with evey player I have tried. I used TMPGenc to translate it to an MPEG-1 format. The sound starts in sync and, after 45 minutes, is off by about 20 seconds. So I 'de-multiplexed', stretched the resulting .WAV file, and 'multiplexed' them together again. Now the sound is IN-SYNC at the beginning of the movie and is IN-SYNC at the end of the movie but is OUT-OF-SYNC in the middle of the movie! There is not much I can do about that.

My conclusion.....The frame rate varied during the capture and encoding to MPEG-2 format. The synchronization clocks in the MPEG-2 file cause it to be played perfectly in spite of this. But TMPGenc appears to ignore these clocks. I conjecture that TMPGenc is making the assumption that the frames are all equally spaced and that the audio is being sampled at exactly the correct frequency. This might be true for MPEG-2 files created from DVDs (perfect timing, nothing missing, and nothing added) but it is certainly not true for anything that has survived the rigors of being put onto and removed from a VHS tape.

By the way, I have some tapes that worked VERY well with TMPGenc. Others vary from decent to terrible. They all play **perfectly** with MPEG-2 players.

Bug report - TE25 - Your video freezes at encoding? A solution!! No.37248
AsukaFan  2003-06-03 19:29:13 ( ID:mxpucy39gha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I must say that right now I'M IN HEAVEN, DELIGHTED... it's almost a sexual pleasure (almost) to have solved at last this problem of frozen MPEG-2 video streams. BTW, thanks to Minion & ASHY... but more about acknowledgements, later. Now, to the point:

THE PROBLEM (SYMPTOMS):

- You load a MPEG-2 video stream in order to re-encode it & you go to "Source range"... just to find that TMPGEnc can't detect its duration!! (perhaps displaying some strange value, like 5237605132 frames = 58195 hours).

- And / or: you encode the video stream (transcoding MPEG-2 for DVD backups, for example), and everything seems fine... till the encoding freezes at some particular frame, repeating that frame till the end of the film, or during some minutes!! (a "playback Pause" effect).

- And / or: you encode the video stream (transcoding MPEG-2 for DVD backups, for example)... but only the first frame!! (1 film into 1 frame: THAT'S compression, guys).

- ...or perhaps you didn't look at the entire encoding process (quite logical, losing 5-24 hours watching the PC screen isn't really enjoyable), but you playback the resulting MPEG-2 file... and it's completely useless: the video is "frozen", "hung-up", and no matter how many times you try: it happens always at the same(s) point(s) -yeah, sometimes more than once in the same file-.

THE SOLUTION:

- Before you go to TMPGEnc, load the original MPEG-2 file (.M2V / .VOB file) into DVD2AVI, and create a .D2V project file (File->Save Project). It's a quick process, don't worry!! After that, you can close DVD2AVI.

- Oh, you can get DVD2AVI almost everywhere... for example, try at http://www.doom9.org/

- At TMPGEnc, load that project file (that .D2V file), INSTEAD of the original .M2V/.VOB file (which, nevertheless, you still need: don't delete it yet!!)... And that's all!! Now, the stream duration detected will be 100% accurate, and the encoding won't stop anywhere!!

- If you still are experimenting these problems, try to do some real "frameserving", perhaps using VirtualDub & AuxSetup ( http://www.doom9.org/capture/frameserving.html )

- BTW, DVD2AVI is really useful for other tasks; the simplest one, its "preview" option (F5), to find the stream info (aspect ratio, frame rate & type -interlaced/progressive-...).

THE STORY & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Since my first encodings with TMPGEnc, I found that problem with some MPEG-2 files. I tried EVERYTHING, and the only "solution" was to encode "in fragments": from frame 0 to the ****ing bad frame, from the ****ing bad frame to the next one (hopely, the end one)... A REAL NIGHTMARE. I planned to buy TMPGEnc, but I had to begin to use another encoders, 'cause the problem appeared really often.

...But the other day, almost desperate (I DO prefer TMPGEnc over other encoders, it's really powerful & USER FRIENDLY), I found the solution here:
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box59/tmpgenc_post_22608.html
THANKS A LOT to Minion, one of that kind persons that illustrate us, stupid newbies. The other forum guy I appreciate most is ASHY, THE REAL LIVING MASTER OF ENCODING... but he's too much lucky, he does almost everything without any problem, so sometimes it's difficult for him to reproduce our strange problems ;-p

Well, I suppose that this serious problem (which other encoders don't have) gets fixed really easily this way, putting again TMPGEnc as my favorite MPEG/MPEG-2 encoder (have I told you already how powerful & USER FRIENDLY it is??). I've posted this because it's an EASY solution, but NOT so easy to imagine or find at the forum.

I hope this really LONG post has help you a bit. If not, sorry for being SO tedious.

Minion  2003-06-03 21:53:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have allways said that DVD2AVI is the Best way to encode a Mpeg2 file with Tmpgenc, it seems to be a superior Decoder and it is really fast, I encode every Mpeg2 file I capture with My Capture card useing DVD2AVI, it is an awesome frameserveing tool...well Im glad your Problem is solved...Cheers

ashy  2003-06-07 12:10:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree DVD2AVI is one of the best MPEG2 decoders there is and is also probably one of the fastest. Without it I wouldn't be able to create high quality DVD rips to XSVCD.
Anyway thanks for the support. Good to be appreciated now and then.

Question - TE25 - AVI > MPG beeps on sound? No.37245
Philip  2003-06-03 11:56:04 ( ID:hxnpraa/ynh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert an AVI to MPG and then use VCDEasy to make a VCD there is a constant beeping in the background, any clues as to what is causing it?

Minion  2003-06-03 21:47:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I have never heard of this before, Why not try encodeing the audio to Mpeg audio with a Totally seperate audio encoder then Mux the audio back woth the Video then burn it and see if the beeping has stopped, That way you will find out if it is a Tmpgenc Problem or Something else..You can Extract the audio from the AVI with Virtual Dub then you can encode the audio to Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio with a audio encoder like DB Power Amp or Headac3he which are both freeware, then use the "Simple Multiplex in the Mpeg tools to Join the Audio and Video together.......

ashy  2003-06-07 12:13:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are these beeping noises like high pitched pops of sound. This is caused by using either cheaper quality disks or in some cases Rewritables and by burning the disk to fast. Usually these beeps are also accompanied with noise on the screen such as blocks.
Burn the disk at a lower speed 4x is best.

Question - TE25 - Interlacing problems No.37242
benorgan  2003-06-03 11:00:11 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I've used Convert DVD to convert a DVD to VCD (MPEG1) but when i play it back there is a combing effect during rapid motion, I've tried to use the de-interlace option in TMPEG but none of the filters totally remove it..

any ideas

thanks in advance

Ben - ben@organisers.freeserve.co.uk

Minion  2003-06-03 21:43:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should not be getting any Interlaceing Problems if you are encodeing to Mpeg1 because Mpeg1 is Not interlaced,It is Progresive, and the Deinterlace Filter should get rid of any Interlaceing Problems, Usually either the Even Field or Odd field Setting works Well for me...You say you are useing something called "ConverToDVD" to convert a DVD to VCD and I assume that this Program uses Tmpgenc as it"s encoder??? If this is so maybe you should use the Proper Way of Turning a DVD into a VCD, those automated Program never seem to do it Right, if you do all of it Manually you will Get a Better result and you will Learn more...Most poeple Will Rip the DVD to there Hard drive with SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter, then use "DVD2AVI" to Make a D2V Project file for frameserveing and a Wav audio file, then load the D2V file into Tmpgenc and the Wav file for the audio then load the VCD template and encode it, This method is allmost allways Flawless, there should be a Guide on the Proper way to make a VCD at "http://www.dvdrhelp.com/".......good Luck

ashy  2003-06-07 12:29:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this a PAL movie or NTSC? If it's NTSC you probaly need to IVTC the source file. The best way to do this is to use the ForcedFILM option in DVD2AVI or TMPG's IVTC filter.
If it's a PAL movie then it is likely one of the notorious PAL movies with 24:1 pulldown. These movies are hell because it seems impossible to completely remove the interlacinfg artifacts. Using the double deinterlace filter seems to give the best results in TMPG, but it also makes motion slightly blurry.

AVIsynth's decomb filter is supposedly able to remove the 25th frame which causes the problem returning the movie back to a 24 fps progressive movie, but I have never been able to get it perfect but have got acceptable results.
http://shelob.mordor.net/dgraft/decomb/decombnew.html

Question - TE25 - TMPG Enc takes 20 hours to convert a avi file? No.37239
ulisses  2003-06-03 09:57:59 ( ID:3un9oozertc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi its my first time in the cool world,i have lots of divX films and since i figure out were that we can use Svcd do run in dvd players i started reading about converting divx films ,now im stuked in 1 problem,i used dvd2ssvcd with tmpgenc to convert a film,when tempenc starts ,he says time remaning 20:00 hours..... its that normal?
or what im doing wrong.
this is my second attemp,the first 1 take me 4 hours converting ,can someone helpme out?

Minion  2003-06-03 21:32:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The encodeing Time Depends on the Settings you use in the "Motion Precition Search" and the Resolution of your File,The amount of filters you use and Most of all the Speed of your Computer..You should never set the "Motion Precition Search" to "Highest Quality(Slow)" because this will just make the encodeing take to long with no real Quality improvement over "High Quality"..and any System under say a 1.0ghz CPU is going to take a Really long time to encode, I use a 2.53ghz P-4 CPU and it takes me about 3-5 hours to encode a Full movie to SVCD, so it could take up to 20 hours if you only had a 1ghz CPU and useing "Highest Quality" will make it take twice as Long as usual....

MacJ  2003-06-03 21:36:18 ( ID:rhot5knq9zh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encoding properly simply takes a long time -- there's no short-cut if you want good quality. However, 20 hours sounds much too long. Here are some ideas that might save a little time:

-- Did you set "Motion Search Precision" to "highest quality"? This is extremely slow and almost always unnecessary. Try the next setting ("high quality"). You'll save a lot of time, and almost nobody spots any difference in quality.

-- Do you have any other programs running? Shut down absolutely everything else first. Anti-virus, screen-savers, internet connections....everything.

-- Do you have an old PC? If the PC has a slow processor, you may have to live with slow encoding.

Finally, the estimated time shown by TMPGEnc is sometimes too high. I use 2-pass VBR coding, and the actual processing time is usually about 20-25% shorter than the initial estimate.

Question - TE25 - Anamorphic setting in Tmpgenc? No.37238
Kisoo Lim  2003-06-03 05:18:40 ( ID:rgy7xoobqxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does Tmpgenc allow Anamorphic option for both analog(4:3) and digtal wide television(16:9)?

Thanks.

Kisoo

Question - TE25 - AVI is 23.983 fps not 23.976 No.37237
DX508  2003-06-02 21:21:17 ( ID:ete4skmbn22 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a question. I'm kinda new to this whole ball game of copying DVD's or making backups at least and I have been working on this one for over a week and a half now. Every direction I turn leads to a dead end. Now that I FINALLY have the audio and video together into one file that is about 720 MB I want to put it on a DVD disc, but there are problems. My avi file is at a rate of 23.983 fps and I don't know how to change the fps setting. This is really gay. Maybe I shouldn't depend on this product or any in that matter, because none of them are full versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated and don't say buy the full version, because I'm only 16 and don't have a job or enough money to pay for the full versions. How do I get this lousy file onto a DVD at 23.983 fps?

Thanx
DX508

Question - TE25 - AVI is 23.983 fps not 23.976 No.37232
DX508  2003-06-02 21:18:50 ( ID:ete4skmbn22 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a question. I'm kinda new to this whole ball game of copying DVD's or making backups at least and I have been working on this one for over a week and a half now. Every direction I turn leads to a dead end. Now that I FINALLY have the audio and video together into one file that is about 720 MB I want to put it on a DVD disc, but there are problems. My avi file is at a rate of 23.983 fps and I don't know how to change the fps setting. This is really gay. Maybe I shouldn't depend on this product or any in that matter, because none of them are full versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated and don't say buy the full version, because I'm only 16 and don't have a job or enough money to pay for the full versions. How do I get this lousy file onto a DVD at 23.983 fps?

Thanx
DX508

Minion  2003-06-02 21:28:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK..This is Pretty Easy, Look for a Little Program called "DoPulldown" you can get it here : http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/SupportUtils/DoPulldown.1.0.0.0.zip
This Program does a Proscess called 3:2 Pulldown on your 23.97fps file, and will convert it so that it will play at 29.97fps and you will be able to Burn it to DVD after you have authored it with Your DVD authoring program...But the next time you encode a 23.97fps file in Tmpgenc you should use the "23.97fps(29.97fps Internally)" Frame rate setting, this will do the same thing as DoPulldown....

DX508  2003-06-02 21:41:23 ( ID:ete4skmbn22 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But if I convert to 23.967 fps the audio/video sync goes out. i need to use a fps of 23.983 don't I? thanx

DX508  2003-06-02 21:55:14 ( ID:ete4skmbn22 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that website url doesn't work. there is no program there called dopulldown. any other links that you know of? and how do you author a DVD. is that built in to th dvd burning program? Say SonicDVD for instance. thats what I have. will the audio still be in sync with the video(23.983 fps) if i change the fps to 23.97(29.97 internally)?

thanx
DX508

Minion  2003-06-03 03:34:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, Well the Link Just worked for me, But I use FlashGet to download, Just go to "Google" and Type in "DoPulldown" and there are LOTS of Hits and you should be able to download from one of those sites..There will be No audio Sync Problem if you use "DoPulldown" or if you use the "23.98fps(29.97fps Internally" setting, If you do Not know the Proscess of "3:2 Pulldown" to Turn 23.98fps Progressive into 29.97fps Interlaced then theck this out: http://www.zerocut.com/tech/pulldown.html ....it explains The Proscess of 3:2 Pulldown and the Differance between Interlaced and Progressive frames, It is a Must read if you want to get into Digital Video and DVD Authoring...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.