Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 463 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 Audio not shown in very large AVI JN 7 2003-06-20 06:56:02
Question TE25 No sound after burning to SVCD TDurden 1 2003-06-16 20:32:45
Question TE25 Making Movies to big after movie is done Mikey_C 1 2003-06-16 07:23:28
Request TE25 mpeg to avi problem soheil 6 2003-06-17 22:56:33
Bug report TDA1 Problem with audio in preview and Edit clip window Dr._Seltsam 0 2003-06-15 19:41:43
Question TE25 Cant modify any of the setting MrYuck 1 2003-06-15 20:52:00
Question TE25 TMPGEnc refuses to open DVD quality MPEG files bberrette 6 2003-06-18 20:36:23
Request TE25 Resume encoding bazz 1 2003-06-15 01:06:54
Bug report TDA1 Menu Problems Anthea 0 2003-06-15 00:07:53
Question TE25 Black Borders Giggsy 1 2003-06-15 01:00:19
Question TE25 Little to no video after divxmpg4 v3 to SVCD conversion on one 3 2003-06-16 20:36:35
Question TE25 mpeg tools: tmpgenc dies on m2v generated by DVD recorder rowan 6 2003-06-16 21:32:48

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 463 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - Audio not shown in very large AVI No.37508
JN  2003-06-16 14:11:56 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TMPGenc 2.58. I created 40GB large AVI. When I open it in source range preview, there's no audio shown, not even straight green line. I tried crate smaller AVI (cca 1GB) and everything is OK. I have plenty disc space (60GB). Is it a bug or should I upgrade to newer version ? Thanks.

Video Guy  2003-06-16 17:17:46 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would have been better if you gave more details about the AVI file. Since you said it was 40 GB I'm guessing that it is an uncompressed avi. I'm also guessing that the audio is in wav format and not compressed by some codec. Also, I'm guessing you are using WIN 2K/XP with NTFS that can handle large files.

You should split the streams so you have an audio file and a video file. I would recommend VirtualDub for this. Once you have the audio stream extracted from the AVI container try playing it using winamp or media player. This how you can verify if the audio stream is valid and not corrupt.

If the audio file works, load the avi file into the "video source" and the wav file into the "audio source". TMPGEnc lets you take the video from one file and the audio from another file.

This is not a bug in TMPGEnc as you posted a bug report. It more than likely it is your file.

Minion  2003-06-16 20:34:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sometimes if you get no audio from an AVI with Uncompressed Audio it helps if you go to the "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Wav File Reader"..

JN  2003-06-17 06:51:48 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Video Guy: The AVI is captured VHS casette. Video is compressed by Huffyuv codec (cca 1:2,2 ratio ). Sound is not compressed, quality is CD. All is captured via VirtualDub, last version. Yes, I use Win 2000, the used partition is 100GB NTFS. I didn't try to split Video/Audio in VDub so far. I do volume adjustment in GoldWave, simply opening AVI and saving adjusted WAV. But GoldWave also cannot hadle this large file. So I'll try the VDub splitting and post here how it went.
P.S.: As I said , capturing few seconds with the same audio/video settings gives me the file in which sound is shown OK.

To Minion: I'll try to rise the priority. We'll see...

JN  2003-06-18 07:26:04 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's my observations:
Raising priority of Wav File Reader - no change.
So I tried to save WAV file from VDub. Resulting file was about 2.6 GB long. I tried to put it into TMPGenc as audio file - again no sound shown. So I tried to play WAV file by WinAmp - everything OK. But I tried to open WAV in GoldWave an before crash (better be said silent exit) it reported this 2 dialogs : "Wave file RIFF chunk size is incorrect" and "Wave file may be truncated or not properly aligned". I'm confused... I'll try to create (not record for the peresent) some WAV file (4 hrs) and put it into TMPGEnc. If it will be good, then the VirtualDub or SoundBlaster drivers (the recording process) are maybe to blame.

Kika  2003-06-18 11:19:28 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use VirtualDub as Frameserver - your Problems will be gone...

Video Guy  2003-06-18 19:21:47 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@JN

You have an encountered an "old school" problem. Back in the day "wav readers" had a file size limition on 2 gigs. Since you are using Win 2k, this means that you installed an older program that overwrote or deregistered the newer wav reader. Winamp uses its own internal wav reader, that is why you can play your file. TMPGEnc uses the wav reader registered to windows. You can change the priority of some of these readers like Minion suggested, but in this case it did not work for you. I have never used GoldWave so I'm not sure if that could be the problem. See if you can remember installing any older programs or filters.

The old avi format used to have a similar file size limitation, but now OpenDML solves this problem.

Kika gave a good suggestion. If you can play the avi file in VirtualDub then the easiest thing to do is to frame serve it.

JN  2003-06-20 06:56:02 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Last findings: I raised priority of DirectShow Mutimedia File Reader to maximum and BINGO! ... sound appeared ! But not everything is OK - when I feed to project Video (AVI) and Audio (WAV) separately, the sound is shown only above 2GB ! Below 2GB, there's only straight green line. Whole WAV is OK (proved by WinAmp).

Question - TE25 - No sound after burning to SVCD No.37506
TDurden  2003-06-16 09:08:18 ( ID:stpye/jmbx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have encoded and avi to mpg using TMPGenc. When i play the file on a pc i get sound no problem, When i burn this to SVCD and play it in my stand alone dvd player there is sound to start with but only for about the first ten seconds, It then cuts out the picture is still going but there is no sound at all at any point on the svcd after this
the audio on the avi is standard of 44100htz i used the avi as the audio source as well
i have read on other messages posted here that i may have to extract the audio with virtual dub, but i have noticed the people who are p[osting this have not got sound on the mpg file
incidentally if i just drop the avi file straight into nero and let that do the encoding i get exactly the same problem. i have tried burning with vcd easy as well.
my DVD player is a multi region toshiba sd220, have played VCD on it before no problem, this is the first time i have tried a SVCD, But do not think the player is at fault.
Please help im a bit of a newbie with this.

Minion  2003-06-16 20:32:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What audio format is the audio in the AVI file???

Question - TE25 - Making Movies to big after movie is done No.37504
Mikey_C  2003-06-16 04:54:17 ( ID:dlllfeor9hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The movie will encode right but after it is done the screen is blank after for about 2 hours, i try to edit it out but it will not let, anybody know what is wrong

garry  2003-06-16 07:23:28 ( ID:4gqoysg4z/r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting the same, but only with a few divx avi files, also get no audio
Much help needed.

Request - TE25 - mpeg to avi problem No.37497
soheil  2003-06-15 21:01:31 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dear sir ,
i can convert avi to mpeg ,but when i convert mpeg to avi we only have a picture no sound ..can you help me please thank you

Minion  2003-06-16 20:31:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably because the Audio in your AVI file is Not supported By Tmpgenc, It is probably either "VBR Mp3" or "AC3" audio, you will need something like "AVI-Mux" to Demux the audio and uncompress it to Wav audio, then use the Wav audio as the audio source in Tmpgenc...

soheil  2003-06-17 08:15:14 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
can you help me to get avi-mux please . because i try to download avi-mux but non of them is works. thank you

ashy  2003-06-17 18:40:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html

soheil  2003-06-17 20:04:29 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
i did down load a avi-mux but it only open avi not mpeg i need some thing to use convert mpeg to avi i can do this by tmpge but there is no sound,, please please help me thank you

ashy  2003-06-17 22:54:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You want to convert MPEG to AVI?
Are you making sure that the audio box is filled before encoding to AVI?
Also make sure both fields are checked in the AVI compression box before encoding and that the interleave setting is set to 1.
What audio format are you encoding to?

ashy  2003-06-17 22:56:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and by the way if you want to encode to AVI you are much better off using Virtualdub which is much quicker because it can work directly with YUV rather than having to convert to RGB first like TMPG.

Bug report - TDA1 - Problem with audio in preview and Edit clip window No.48614
Dr._Seltsam  2003-06-15 19:41:43 ( ID:mjsenf9mkej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Always a few seconds after starting play in preview or Edit clip window I got a message that my CPU ist not powerful enough. Than audio sound stopped.

I have Duron 1300 an no problems with mpeg2-playback when using other programs.

After doing some cuts in Edit clip window suddenly there was no sound when starting play. A message "Divided by 0." appeared

Question - TE25 - Cant modify any of the setting No.37495
MrYuck  2003-06-15 06:05:31 ( ID:hok2ydpvfkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All the options such as video stream type are all greyed out. Im trying to save the file as an mpeg1, but the only way I can is if I change the profile to video cd film, then it goes to mpeg1, but the quality of course isnt good. Also when I save in mpeg2 then theres an annoying group of squares in the top right corner that arent there when I save as mpeg1.

Anyone help a noob out?
And if anyone can recommened a good tutorial read, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2003-06-15 20:52:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, First Off that Anoying Block of Squares is Not in the Video, it is Because you have a Demo version of the "Elecard Mpeg2 decoder" installed on your System and it is Displaying it"s logo in the Top right corner..To Unlock All of the Settings you have to Load the "Unlock.mfc" template, You do this By clicking the "Load" button, then Navigate to the "Templates" Folder and in that Folder is a "Extra" folder and in that Folder is the "Unlock.mfc" Template, Just choose it and all of the settings will be unlocked.....

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc refuses to open DVD quality MPEG files No.37488
bberrette  2003-06-15 05:26:48 ( ID:oags.r.ifar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, and I need help, please!

Problem:

TMPGEnc 2.513.53.162 refuses to open DVD quality MPEG files created with Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 for conversion to SVCD. Yet, these same files can easily be viewed/played in just about any PC without any problem.

TMPGEnc always tells me that "file.mpg" can not open, or unsupported. File.mpg can be any file name, of course.

These files have the following parameters automatically set by the Ulead program:

MPEG files
24 Bits, 720x480, 29.97fps (DVD-NTSC)
Video data rate: Variable (Max 8000 kbps)
LPCM Audio, 48KHz. Stereo

Here is what I have for conversion:

TMPGEnc 2.513.53.162 just installed; it contains the following codecs in the same folder for access:

TMPGEnc.vfp - Version 2.513.53.162
DVD2AVI.vfp - Dated 06/21/2002

I have tried raising the priority of the plug-ins, one at a time, starting with Vfapi but this has not solved the problem.

I have a new computer with a Pentium 4, 2.8GHz CPU in it and 1GB of RAM, so I know that is not the problem.

My main reason for downloading TMPGEnc is to see if this is a program that would work for me, so I am looking to find out what I am doing wrong that it is not working, or maybe I need additional codecs installed.

Any and all help before the trial version runs out will be greatly appreciated!

Minion  2003-06-15 20:47:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well For Tmpgenc to Load Mpeg2 files You have to have certain Mpeg2 decoders installed on your System, But the Best way to encode Mpeg2/Vob files is to use "DVD2AVI" to make a D2V Project file and a wav audio file, then load the D2V file and the Wav file into Tmpgenc and encode to SVCD, This is the Method that 90% or poeple use because it is a better method of encodeing Mpeg2 file with Tmpgenc, and DVD2AVI is the Best Frameserveing tool for encodeing Mpeg2/vob files with Tmpgenc...

bberrette  2003-06-16 00:45:15 ( ID:7r2j6ddypsj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, Minion.

I have done just as you said in your previous answer with just one file, as a trial, but I'm sorry to say it still did not work that way either.

From what little I have been able to see in TMPGEnc and read about it, this program should be awesome, just perfect for what I need to do.

Anyhow, if you or anyone else has any more suggestions, I'll be glad to try them within the trial time allowed.

Thanks in advance!

Minion  2003-06-16 20:28:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if it didn"t work then you did not do it right Cuz this is the Method that Most experienced poeple use to Backup DVD"s, and this Method is Tried and tested vigorously and been Proven to be Flawless if done correctly, You never explained why it didn"t work?? Well I guess you can try it the Substandard way and install the correct mpeg2 decoders on your System, If you install "Power DVD" it will install the "Cyberlink Mpeg2 decoder" on your System and this is one of the decoders that tmpgenc can use so it can load Mpeg2 files ,The other Decoder is called the "Ligos Mpeg2 decoder" this decoder comes with some codec packs like Nemo and Tsunami.....

ashy  2003-06-16 21:08:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I have done just as you said in your previous answer with just one file, as a trial, but I'm sorry to say it still did not work that way either.

You obviously have made some sort of error somewhere if it didn't work. As minion says there should be no problem doing it this way. Maybe you have an outdated DVD2AVI VFAPI plugin. Copy the DVD2AVI.vfp from your current DVD2AVI folder and place it into your TMPG folder.

Alternatively there is a good plugin made specifically for TMPG which should open your MPEG2 files no problem.
Download it here:
http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box?systran_lp=ja_en&systran_id=SystranSoft-en&systran_url=http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/&systran_f=1055793569

bberrette  2003-06-18 03:28:36 ( ID:nrkt844dvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, it works now!

This IS a great program, and it does exactly the things I was looking for in this kind of program.

I installed the plug-in Ahsy suggested in her post, and that made it work great.

Thanks Minion and Ashy, for all the information and tips you have shared with me. I'll probably come up with more questions later on, but everything is good for now!

ashy  2003-06-18 20:36:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I installed the plug-in Ahsy suggested in her post, and that made it work great.

His post mate, thanks.

Request - TE25 - Resume encoding No.37486
bazz  2003-06-15 00:21:47 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This has probably been mentioned before but I've not been here long.

I'd like a 'pause and resume' feature for encoding just like internet download managers have. It takes hours to encode at the highest quality and so many time you need to use your computer for something else or switch off altogether. It should also cater for power problems as well so it can pick up where it left off.

Minion  2003-06-15 01:06:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can pause encodeing by just clicking "Stop" while encodeing and just do not answer when it asks if you want to abort encodeing, then you can go a Do something else, and when you want to resume encodeing just answer "No" in the Dialog box, But you can not stop encodeing and Shut down Tmpgenc or your Computer and I do not think it would be possible to Pause encodeing and Shut down Tmpgenc or your PC and then resume encodeing at the exact point that you stopped because if it was possible then there would Probably be at leasy One program that does it and as far as I know there isn"t a Single encoder on earth that can resume encodeing in this way...But if you really have to shut down you can allways use the "Source Range" to start encodeing a New file a frame after were you stopped then use the "Merge & Cut" to join the 2 files together....

Bug report - TDA1 - Menu Problems No.48613
Anthea  Home )  2003-06-15 00:07:53 ( ID:6ge6md4zolw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to make a DVD from 6 25-minute-videos (MPEG-2, 720x576, PAL, Audio MPEG1-L2, 48kHz, 192 kbps). The videos are well on the DVD, but the menus just won't work. If I set the first action to "Display main menu", the standalone DVD player just goes into stop. If I select "Play first track" it plays the first track, and when the menu should appear, it just goes into stop. So there seems to be something wrong with the menu settings, regardless what menu options (only main menu, main menu with chapters, several templates tried out, animated or not) I try. The whole thing works rather fine on my computer using PowerDVD, but what is strange that if I select the "Main Menu", the chapter menu of the first track appears, and if I select "Title Menu", the Main menu appears. Is there something wrong with the menu descriptors in the IFO file?

Question - TE25 - Black Borders No.37484
Giggsy  2003-06-14 21:08:17 ( ID:gbh0amuu3kf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any way to decrease the size of black bands across top and bottom of some films,to increase size of actual picture. Thanx

Minion  2003-06-15 01:00:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, Use the "Clip Frame" and "Video Arrange Method" settings in the "Advanced" settings......

Question - TE25 - Little to no video after divxmpg4 v3 to SVCD conversion No.37480
on one  2003-06-14 14:52:46 ( ID:/xfgmtqlekf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGENC for a little while now encountering and solving problems using this board. I am trying to convert an AVI to SVCD for playing on a DVD unit. I have done this with several other movies but I am now encountering problems with 2 that I can not solve and does not look like have been encountered before. The encode process seems to go well but when you play the MPG I will get AT MOST a fraction of a second of video (if any at all) but sound for the entire mpg. The particulars:
My steps...

1. I extract an uncompressed WAV from the AVI using Virtual Dub.
2. Use the SVCD template and encode.
16:9 NTSC
Bit rate 2100
3. Test using WinVideo Platinum

Audio

Audio Format - MPG Layer-3
Bit Rate - 95kbps

Video

AVI (divX) 344032 KB
Frame width - 352 pixels
Frame height - 152 pixels
Play length - 1:08:31
Frame rate - 29 frames/sec
Date rate 83 kbps
Video compression - DIVXMPG4 V3

Any help would be GREATLY, appreciated
On

Minion  2003-06-14 20:55:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raiseing the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" to "2"...This should make the Image show in the Mpeg file the next time you encode it....

on one  2003-06-16 11:37:24 ( ID:/xfgmtqlekf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thank you very much, this has worked perfect. Is this particular issue tied only to this version of the mpeg encoder that was used or is this a "Feature" of TMPGenc?

Thanks Again,
On

Minion  2003-06-16 20:36:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sometimes if you do not have the "VFAPI Plugins" set to certain Prioritys tmpgenc can not read certain File types, This is a Common Problem and a Common Solution...

Question - TE25 - mpeg tools: tmpgenc dies on m2v generated by DVD recorder No.37473
rowan  2003-06-14 10:33:15 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have a Panasonic DMR-E30 which is a consumer DVD recorder that records onto DVD-R or DVD-RAM. tmpgenc can demux the M2V and AC3 components from VR_MOVIE.VRO (which is apparently similar to a VOB), and it can also read them to encode a new output file. No problems there.

However, if I try to use mpeg tools->merge & cut to try to cut out part of the M2V, tmpgenc complains "Illegal MPEG video stream"

I guess that with mpeg tools tmpgenc interprets the contents itself, but reading in an m2v to encode it uses the codec.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can send a sample to tmpgenc support if they like. (I am a paid owner of tmpgenc plus)

Thanks...

rowan  2003-06-14 14:07:07 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a followup, I think I may have found what tmpgenc is choking on. It looks like video on DVD-RAM appends multiple video recordings into a single file. tmpgenc was getting confused because there were two recordings in VR_MOVIE.VRO. I deleted one of them with the DVD recorder, and tmpgenc now cuts from the extracted M2V without complaint.

Maybe a future edition of tmpgenc could support splitting of multiple DVD-RAM video recordings? :)

Kika  2003-06-14 15:22:29 ( ID:dxp41zyyfu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just try to demux and mux the Video, than cut it. But i never tried that with AC3-Sound, maybe TMPGEnc is not able to cut such Videos.

BTW: TMPGEnc DVD Author can cut Videos with AC3-Sound!

Minion  2003-06-14 20:53:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been able to Mux and de-Mux mpeg"s with AC3 but not edit, Mpeg2VCR would be a Better editor for AC3 audio Mpeg files...

rowan  2003-06-15 05:19:02 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Kika - the problem happens when I demux to an M2V. It's a single file, but it actually has two (or more) separate recordings in it. If I erase everything but a single recording using the DVD recorder, then tmpgenc can successfully cut the extracted M2V file.

As for the sound, I use ac3dec then encode to mp2 using tmpgenc... after that I can cut both the vision and sound components together.

ashy  2003-06-16 21:21:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you use the De-multiplexer and not the Simple de-multiplexer. You should then be able to see and extract ALL of the individual streams without having to delete one first.

ashy  2003-06-16 21:32:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way here is a program that should be able to cut your files without the need to demultiplex or re-encode the audio first.
http://www.digital-miner.com/chopperxp.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.