Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 474 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How to use with other decoders? Goodjob55 1 2003-05-28 21:06:46
Question TE25 AAARGH!! Pink/Purple color will *not* go away! :( Frustrated_TMPGEnc_User 2 2003-05-28 22:01:15
Question TE25 TMPGEnc to Ulead MF 2 Dominic 2 2003-05-30 18:38:05
Question TE25 VCD Playback Errors ChrisS 3 2003-05-28 22:12:44
Question TE25 Any idea on how to combine mpeg-2 and ac3 for svcd? Kisoo Lim 3 2003-05-29 21:01:29
Question TE25 Can not open MV2 file (unsupported) Marc 2 2003-05-28 20:38:49
Question TE25 Read error's durring encoding DavidT 3 2003-06-03 16:45:25
Question TE25 Error Message in TMPGEnc 2.511.51.160 ThePaw 2 2003-05-29 14:19:27
Question TE25 Freezes on inverse telelcine ElAguila 1 2003-05-29 17:52:37
Question TE25 Desync at MPEG1 cutting DigitalMarine 2 2003-05-27 22:26:47
Question TE25 Better quality audio Pat 1 2003-05-27 03:33:00
Question TE25 Only getting 8 seconds of audio in mpegs Jason 1 2003-05-27 07:28:19

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 474 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How to use with other decoders? No.37125
Goodjob55  2003-05-28 18:20:59 ( ID:.p3qmzqzncw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to use TMPGENC with other MPEG2 decoders besides those mentioned in the faq. I'm looking for a free one to use so I can re-encode MPEG2 video at different res.

Minion  2003-05-28 21:06:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Absolute Best way to Encode a Mpeg2 file to whatever in Tmpgenc is to Use "DVD2AVI" to decode and Frameserve to Tmpgenc, this is the Fastest way and will Probably produce the best Quality decodeing...But the Ligos Decoder Is a Free decoder, if you look on Google you should be able to Find it But DVD2AVI is still your Best bet...

Question - TE25 - AAARGH!! Pink/Purple color will *not* go away! :( No.37122
Frustrated_TMPGEnc_User  2003-05-28 17:03:52 ( ID:c6jewguln6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I've RTFF. I've looked for, and didn't find, the AngelPotion codec on my hard drive. I've downloaded and tried countless templates. I've changed DirectShow to Priority 2. I've enabled the "Output YUV data as Basic YCbCr not CCIR601" option in the "Quantize Matrix" tab in Settings. Still those horrible, cyclic, pink/purple mosaics appear when converting to MPEG. I'm at my wit's end. Please, please, please, does anyone have any other ideas? I'd love to use TMPGEnc, but I've spent the last four days on this, and it's rapidly becoming not worth the frustration anymore. Unfortunately, I also can't find any other good conversion programs.

Many, many MANY thanks, just for looking at (and thinking about) this post.

Minion  2003-05-28 21:04:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Angel Potion Codec will Not say "Angel Potion" it will Be Labeled something like "APMpeg4v3.dll" in you Device manager under "Video codecs"...If you are encodeing a DivX or XviD file you Should maybe use the "FFDShow decoder" instead of the Divx or XviD codecs to decode the File..This is about all I can think of...

Frustrated TMPGEnc_User  2003-05-28 22:01:15 ( ID:c6jewguln6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ack. Been up way too long with no sleep. The codec was there, but I missed it the first time through. In any event, simply uninstalling it didn't work, as the foul thing replicates itself as temp files and then reinstalls. I actually had to go into the registry and delete the Keys by hand (which really makes me realize what a hack this thing is...more like a worm than a codec).

Anyway, I now have nice, crisp files. Thanks to all you regular users who reply to others' posts...you are all helping far more lurkers than you realize.

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc to Ulead MF 2 No.37119
Dominic  2003-05-28 15:07:23 ( ID:3/dmulkgsdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to get Ulead MF to accept my TMPGnec MPEG2 clips, but it will not accept any audio. Ulead keeps telling me its an incorrect audio stream or something to that effect. I have tried ES audio/video and System audio/video and neither are accepted by Ulead MF. MPEG1,2 and PCI have also been tried. What is the common parameters for TMPGnec when converting for Ulead with sound? I really like DVDlab, but that program definetly wants you to do your own sound seperately. Is there a simple guide on how to encode your sound seperately, then merge it with your video? I am using TMPGnec instead of having Ulead MF to do my compessing.

Below is the reason im using TMPGnec. But the guide does not say much on what audio to use.

Taken from Guide:

Convert your videoclips to standard DVD MPEG using TMPGEnc or some other good DVD Encoder. You could let Ulead DVD Moviefactory convert your video to DVD MPEG, but it is a bit slow at encoding and the video quality may not be as good as other encoders.

Thanks,
Dominic

Minion  2003-05-28 21:00:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well DVD Compliant Audio is "Wav/PCM ,Ac3(Dolby Digital) and Mpeg1 Layer 2, and the Audio frequency for all these Formats has to be 48000hz, But For some reason I thing the DVD Movie Factory only accepts Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio, and Tmpgenc will only Give you either Wav/PCM audio or Mpeg audio...

Tomas  2003-05-30 18:38:05 ( ID:w9nioantxtg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 and have no problems at all. It even accepted the ac3 audio file.

Question - TE25 - VCD Playback Errors No.37115
ChrisS  2003-05-28 14:34:20 ( ID:r.pur.0day. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've encoded an AVI video for VCD. It comes out great, and plays well on computers, but when playing on a stand-alone player it has problems.

The movie starts with a black screen and has black screens here and there for transitions. Playback really gets goofy when the opening fades in from black for a couple of seconds, then fades out again. On playback it's suddenly there, then gone, then it "freezes" again till motion kicks in again. It seems as if the player wants to treat these black frames (or even those with little or no motion) as non-exsistent. Upon playing, once the video contains motion etc... the player tries to catch up, but by that time there's no audio and it's all out of whack.

Is this a problem with the player, or can I encode the video in a way that will tell the player to process those frames? Can forcing frame types do the trick? The player does a great job running MPEGs, it just seems to not like "empty" frames.

Any advice is appreciated!
Chris

Minion  2003-05-28 20:53:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually what it sounds like to me is you are Suffering from Bitrate Spikes, when you get Bitrate spikes it seems like the Video cuts in and Out and/Or Plays slowly with the audio Playing at regular speed, if this sound like your Problem let me know...

ChrisS  2003-05-28 21:55:09 ( ID:r.pur.0day. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After a little digging I found these threads which sound quite similar to what I'm experiencing.

http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box54/tmpgenc_post_20816.html

http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box45/tmpgenc_post_17970.html

There are problems with parts of the video that don't seem like they should have a dramatic change in rate. It also seems to want to stop in darker scenes of the video as well. The audio never gets going on playback as it comes in after the video (and the problems) start.

So you believe it could be caused by a spike in the bitrate? I guess I've got to look at that. If I do find this to be the case, what suggestions would you have for smoothing things out?

Thanks!
Chris

ChrisS  2003-05-28 22:12:44 ( ID:r.pur.0day. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should do more homework before posting. :\nI guess tightening up the min/max bitrate settings could help avoid large swings, eh?

Question - TE25 - Any idea on how to combine mpeg-2 and ac3 for svcd? No.37111
Kisoo Lim  2003-05-28 10:44:02 ( ID:rgy7xoobqxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm really enjoying TMPGEnc to encode lots of svcd's with standalone DVD player.

Now I'd like to combine standard svcd mpeg-2 video and non-standard ac3 audio to mux as standard svcd since standard svcd format allows mpeg-2 video(480x480/576) and mpeg-1 layer 2 audio(stereo only!).

Normal dvd player supports ac3 decoding or transporting to decoder.

Any idea to do make this happen?
When I simply think that dvd plays ac3 audio, if there is any way to present ac3 audio to dvd player to accept and play, it'll be great.

Thanks in advance...

Kisoo

Minion  2003-05-28 20:49:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UMmm..The chances of your DVD Player being able to Play SVCD"s with AC3 audio are Very Very Very Low, and if the AC3 is Surround sound the Chances are even smaller..Once the DVD Player sees that it is a CD-r being Loaded into it and not a DVD it will disable the AC3 decoder and enable the Mpeg audio decoder because there is no Video standard on CD-r that supports AC3, And even after you manage to Mux the AC3 to the SVCD Video file you will have a Really hard Time Finding a Program that will Burn it to Disk..But if you want to Try well then you can use "BBMpeg" or "Mpeg2Vcr 3.14" to mux the AC3 to the SVCD Video file...I have had Minimal success with SVCD"s with AC3 audio But I did a Lot of research before Buying my DVD Player and My dvd Player is One of the Very Few that will Play SVCD"s with AC3 audio but Only on some Brands of CD-RW not Regular CD=r"s, and there is No way to add Chapters or any Special features to the DVD Cuz the Only Program I could find that would bun these Files to Disk was Nero with the Compatibility Disabled...well Good Luck

Kisoo Lim  2003-05-29 05:06:40 ( ID:rgy7xoobqxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot.
I understand that there is a chance to mux svcd with ac3. You didn't mention that you succeeded svcd with ac3 5.1 channels. Did you make it?
I have nero and panasonic 533k dvdplayer. Which model you have? Thanks again.

Regards,

Kisoo Lim

Minion  2003-05-29 21:01:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I could not Get Dolby 5.1 to play only AC3 Sterio audio and it would only work on CD-RW"s not CD-R"s, with Dolby 5.1 the Audio file size is extremely Large especially if you are putting it on a CD-r so you might only be able to get 25 minutes on a CD-RW cut the 5.1 audio file is so Big..The Generic DVD Players are the Best if you want to Play Non-Standard VCD/SVCD"s, Brands like "ApeX" will Handle Higher Bitrates and More Formats as opposed to Sony or Panasonic ..My Player is Made by a Company Called "ElectroHome" and it Plays Pretty much everything...

Question - TE25 - Can not open MV2 file (unsupported) No.37108
Marc  2003-05-28 09:33:23 ( ID:sqcfuydelu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am doing my first steps with creating a DVD copy. First I ripped everything correctly with the Smart Ripper, but the created file is to big (over 5 GB). I just want to use TMPGENC to reduce the file size. By trying to open my file I am always getting the message File "..." can not open, or unsupported.

Can anybody help me?

Kisoo  2003-05-28 10:49:09 ( ID:rgy7xoobqxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since mv2 file is a type of avi, then there must be no problem. Try to raise the level of directdraw in the environment setting.

Minion  2003-05-28 20:38:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NO It isn"t, A m2v file is a Mpeg Video file Not an AVI file, The Correct way to Encode Vob/M2V files off of a DVD is To first Use "DVD2AVI" to make a D2v Project File for frameserveing then Load the D2V file into Tmpgenc and encode it to DVD Specs, This method os Better that Just loading the M2V file into Tmpgenc Because Tmpgenc needs Specific Mpeg2 decoders Installed on the Computer to Decode the M2V file and thos Decoders aren"t As good or as Fast as useing DVD2AVI to do the decodeing and Frameseve the file to Tmpgenc..There are Guides on useing this Method to Back up DVD"s at "http://www.dvdrhelp.com/"..

Question - TE25 - Read error's durring encoding No.37104
DavidT  2003-05-27 20:54:11 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used TMPG for a long time with no trouble, but now every time I use it I get read errors during encoding. All take take teh form 'Read error occurred at the address 000E0C72 of module 'TMPGnc.exe' with 00000068'

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing different version but it does not fix it.

Any idea's ?

Minion  2003-05-28 04:59:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is a DivX or XviD file Follow the Advice Given in the Post Below this one, Read errors can also be caused By Corrupted Files of Which Downloaded Movies are notorius for....

DavidT  2003-05-28 13:18:03 ( ID:pu8ecgiw5ur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

These are any file type, AVI, MPEG. They are also files that have been downloaded and converted before so I don't think they are corrupt, unless my PC has had a virus. I have also had a similar error message but ending in P3Package.DLL.

I read elsewhere on this board that such errors may be to do with RAM, but I am running with 512, so unless that has become faulted in anyway it can't be that

Gidgiddoni  2003-06-03 16:45:25 ( ID:naj2ae1nbfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I sincerely doubt the problem has to do with bad RAM - I am experiencing the problem on all three of my computers... when I never had any problems before. I suspect the problem is related to a codec - specifically an Xvid codec - as I only have the problem on videos encoded with xvid....

man this sux... frikkin codecs - all I want is a codec that can play divx, xvid, ac3, and mpeg-3 audio... and have it NOT screw up tmpgenc

sigh

Question - TE25 - Error Message in TMPGEnc 2.511.51.160 No.37101
ThePaw  2003-05-27 17:23:10 ( ID:e1riozqmosc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
by converting an Xvid in TMPGEnc, I become an ErrorMessage at different Percent (many times tested)
Read Error occurred at address 0009A9D9 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 03276FF4.

What can be the reason for this Error ???

Minion  2003-05-27 22:30:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For XviD files it is Best to use the "FFDShow decoder" Instead of the XviD codec to decode the File, so you should delete the Xvid Cidec Unless you use it for Compression and install the "FFDShow Decoder" and configure it to Decode Xvid Files, this will Probably get rid of the errors you are experienceing...

timelf123  2003-05-29 14:19:27 ( ID:cgishj8rzur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

where can i get that?

Question - TE25 - Freezes on inverse telelcine No.37099
ElAguila  2003-05-27 13:41:07 ( ID:9u.wgynpzpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just upgraded to the newest version of tmpgenc. I have an avi that I am converting and I am using inverse telecine for the frame rate. I have done this same file before using inverse telecine but I am trying to do it again with different aspect ratio. The problem I am having is that it will get part of the way through the telecine and then it appears to freeze up. The program is non-responsive but the hard drive light stays on. The computer doesn't freeze, just the tmpgenc. I am running Windowsx XP Pro with SP1. That is the same setup I had with the older version of tmpgenc and I had no problems before. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know how to fix it?

ElAguila  2003-05-29 17:52:37 ( ID:9u.wgynpzpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I still haven't figured out this issue. It seems to do it on all of the files that I am trying to do the inverse telecine. These are files that the older version processed with inverse telecine with no trouble.

Question - TE25 - Desync at MPEG1 cutting No.37096
DigitalMarine  2003-05-27 07:20:43 ( ID:bjxgbw5sl/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm using PowerVCR for TV Recording with a resolution 720x576, 2300kbps at 25fps (PAL). I've choosen these seeting to have enough picture information for TMPGEnc to do its job well converting the stream to Standard-Pal.

The problem is, that I have to cut out commercials from the recorded material. Doing this, audio and video become desync exact at this position where it has to start over after the commercial break. From this point audio is round about 1 sec ahead. The base file has 1,6GB.

I'm using the latest version of TMPGEnc on Windows 2000 SP3 / NTFS.

Any Idea how to keep snyc after the commercial?

TIA
Digi

ashy  2003-05-27 11:00:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are you cutting the commercials out? Are you using the Cut/edit function?

Minion  2003-05-27 22:26:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Merge & Cut" only oficially supports Acurate editing of Mpeg files that were encoded with Tmpgenc, and it doesn"t support acurate editing of VBR Encoded Mpeg streams..If you are re-encodeing your Captured File with Tmpgenc you can try the "Cut Editing" feature in the "Source Range" setting to edit out the comercials while encodeing..And Power VCR has it"s Own mpeg Editor that I have used before and have found it Fairly good but a Little Tedius to use..This has nothing to do with your Problem But the Bitrate you are useing to Capture is Far to low to for that Resolution to Retain any sort of Acceptable Quality, if you are re-encodeing the File anyways you should capture at the Highest Bitrate Possible(10,000kbs??) so you will get the Best Possible Quality..When i capture to Mpeg2 I use WinDVR 2 (The Best in My opinion) and I capture at 14,600kbs which is as High as it goes and the Quality Is Very good, then I encode to SVCD resolutions and Bitrate after and I get Pretty good Quality...Just a Sugestion...

Question - TE25 - Better quality audio No.37094
Pat  2003-05-27 02:00:16 ( ID:/ltlglwfcqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a an AVI file, and the video, while not as great in quality, is good enough. However, this is a film for school, and the resulting audio is not acceptable. Is there any way I can have TMPEG convert the AVI file, while staying as close to the quality in audio as possible? It really doesn't matter if it takes longer to convert, it will be worth it. Thanks for any help.

Minion  2003-05-27 03:33:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Yes, You can Install an external Audio Encoder engine into Tmpgenc Pluss if you are Doing any Sample Rate conversion with the audio in Tmpgenc which you Probably are there is a setting to increase the Quality..Go to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Audio Engine" and Under the "Sample Frequency Converter" Choose "High Quality", you can also install a Seperate audio encoder here also, the Best ones that are supported By Tmpgenc are "Toolame" and "SCMPX" you can Find them on Google and you install them By clicking the Browse Button under"Mpeg 1 Layer 2" and navigateing to the Encoder you downloaded, SCMPX can also be used as a Sample Rate Converter and you install it the same way under "Sample Frequemcy Converter"...Useing a Higher Bitrate will also give better audio Quality, if you still do not like the audio Quality after trying there methods you can allways use a Totally seperate Program to encode the audio....

Question - TE25 - Only getting 8 seconds of audio in mpegs No.37092
Jason  2003-05-26 20:51:36 ( ID:ntj2jrp2dvr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode files the end result is mpegs with only 8 seconds of audio and the rest silent. The source avi files are fine and have audio throughout.

Thinking this might be my problem:
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc#topic22959
I ran the avi's through avimux per ashy's suggestion but again it only made 8 second wav files.

It's the damndest thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jason

DigitalMarine  2003-05-27 07:28:19 ( ID:bjxgbw5sl/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should take a look at the framerate of Your movie. Sometime the one who encoded it anly did it for PC usage, so they differ from the standard fps of 23,xxx or 29,xxx for NTSC or 25 fpr PAL. I had the same problem where the movie was encoded at 20fps... GSpot will show you. I have to parse the miss-encoded avi through AviSynth to get the fps corrected and then let TMPGEnc do the mpg conversion.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.