TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 590 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Sound, but no video!!! New User 1 2002-05-07 00:58:19
Bug report SVCD Encoding works with default... but not VBR? tonyrayo 3 2002-05-07 08:32:31
Question simple demultiplex trouble dizzyD 4 2002-05-07 16:15:09
Request Video Problem NewUser 1 2002-05-06 22:30:40
Question missing dlls ricky Spammer 1 2002-05-06 22:59:46
Request I need help converting AVI(Divx) to MPEG for VideoCD Brian Powers 3 2002-05-08 02:00:07
Question Soundproblem ac3? Hekne 3 2002-05-08 01:31:52
Question Divx - Mpg - Vcd Burning starts but buffer under runs? Darren 6 2002-05-10 22:20:28
Request Automatic splitting! me 2 2002-05-07 01:10:57
Question Converting Pal To NTSC Cade 2 2002-05-08 02:03:01
Question quality of picture fujimuppo 1 2002-05-06 09:45:06
Question can't load problem fujimuppo 1 2002-05-06 09:49:03

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 590 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Sound, but no video!!! No.20737
New User  2002-05-06 22:57:24 ( ID:kqcm7oopttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I've tried to encode an avi file (ntsc) into mpeg...it works fine, but then when i open it with windows media player/quicktime player, i get sound but a black screen for video!! Please help me solve this problem.

Minion  2002-05-07 00:58:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess it really doesn"t work fine cuz you can"t watch it,what it could me is that you don"t have the right codec to play mpeg2 in media player,get dvd playing software and you will get a better picture than "media player" could ever give you....

Bug report - SVCD Encoding works with default... but not VBR? No.20733
tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-06 22:56:10 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the title pretty much says it all. i can encode mpeg2 using the default template settings, but if i change it to VBR 2-pass, it just sits there and keeps adding time without processing anything. any ideas on how to fix this?

M.Bastian  2002-05-06 23:46:10 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VBR means that the encoder will first go over the whole movie to determine what Bitrate to use at which time. This means that you will see the actuall processing of the movie started at 50% enocding time.
Since especially VBR takes so long make dont encode your movie without making some tests with 1 minute scenes first(look under Settings -> Advanced -> Source Range). If youre satisfied with the quality, sound is in sync and your DVD player can handle the stream you can encode the whole movie. Its plain embarassing to see 16+ hours wasted e.g. because you forget to check 2:3 pulldown with Inverse Telecine ....

Minion  2002-05-07 06:01:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you meant "multi pass" not "vbr" ,you can do "vbr" without doing any passes,but you cant do "multi-pass" with out it being "vbr"....

M.Bastian  2002-05-07 08:32:31 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...yea right, sorry was quite late when I wrote that %-)

Question - simple demultiplex trouble No.20728
dizzyD  2002-05-06 21:26:48 ( ID:39nhxzxsmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok guys, here goes my first post here. I have 3 MPEG files. They are all SVCD (but when I load it up on TMPGEnc it shows MPEG-1 on the bottom.) However, that is not the problem. I want to Simple De-Multiplex all of the files individually so that I can burn it on a DVD-R(W). Now I tried merging all three files so that I can do Simple De-Multiplex with one LARGE file and then burn it, but it wasn't successful. All 3 MPEG files total 7200 seconds, and when I tried merging them together it came out to a total output of only 5400 seconds. So clearly I was missing a lot of the movie. Now I tried merging two together (thinking that 3 might be too much or whatever..) and I got the same results. 2 files merged is supposed to equal 4750 seconds and I only got about 3400 seconds. So I decided to go and do a Simple De-Multiplex on each file individually to see if it would work that way. Well I started off doing a Simple De-Multiplex on the 1st file and it went through perfectly. I checked and everything was there..all 2400 seconds of it and the audio was there too. I was pleased until now. Then I did a Simple De-Multiplex on the 2nd file and the total output was missing 300mb (roughly 20 minutes). I did it again and this time I watched it carefully and I saw it got to around 309 MB at 50% (good so far..) and then when it got to 51% (311 MB) it skipped to 100% as if it was done. (I don't understand why it went from 51% to 100%) So now it's at 311 MB and I only have 20 minutes of the file, instead of 40 minutes. Please guys I really really need your help with this. I know this is very long, but I also had to write it, and I need help with this ASAP. So if anyone can help me out with either fixing the problem I had about the merging or the 2nd problem with the 2nd file Simple De-Multiplexing only half (300MB instead of about 640). Thanks again, I appreciate anyone who can help. My e-mail is dizz2k1@Hotmail.com or just reply here. Thanks again!

Minion  2002-05-06 21:38:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

maybe try this, load your problem file in to the "merge&cut" and just make a copy of your file,dont edit but look through the file with the edit slider to see if it all seems to be there and it reads all to frames,and just click "run" with out choosing edit points.this should make a copy of your file, and useing this file to de-multiplex.What I"m thinking is that the there is an error in the statistics of your file and "tmpgenc" isn"t reading your file just the statistics and there for thinks your file is one size when it is another...It"s worth a try...

dizzyD  2002-05-06 22:12:01 ( ID:39nhxzxsmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i loaded the problem file (file 2) into tmpgenc's merge&cut and went through the edit slider and it was all there. still i have a problem.

ShovelhEd  2002-05-07 15:29:00 ( ID:f75hq2ciabf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hehe. I can guess what 3 cd SVCD that is too...errr...my Spider senses are tingling..
I had the same problem, first cd is fine but 2 and 3 stop encoding early. I fixed this! What you can do is use DVD2AVI to break it into video and audio parts, then re-encode to SVCD using tmpgenc vbr 2250 pal. When that is done mux them again to give it VCD headers. Worked for me :)

Good to you!

ShovelhEd

and remember, there can't be slaughter without laughter

dizzyD  2002-05-07 16:15:09 ( ID:.h5wtoxgumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the help. i will try it when i get home -im in school now. you guessed right, it was spider-man :)

Request - Video Problem No.20726
NewUser  2002-05-06 19:11:45 ( ID:qc9jqddzjlg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can some one help me, i have the sound but all i see is a black screen. I was wondering why does this happen and how could i fix this problem.

kingsley  2002-05-06 22:30:40 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New User, what type of file do you have loaded, and what functions are you using on the software.

What are you trying to do?

If its an Mpeg and you don't know, get VCDgear and load it into one of the windows there to identify the file.

My most often black screen is in the mpeg tools function to cut a file and the file is invalid for some reason.

Question - missing dlls No.20724
ricky Spammer  2002-05-06 18:19:43 ( ID:faqhcjvjhjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, when trying to encode a mpg1 into a mpg2 file TMPGEnc always searches for "m2v_dec.dll". Does anybody know where to obtain this dll?
thanks,
ricky

tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-06 22:59:46 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdhelp.com/download/m2v_vfp-0.4.6.zip - there is a link for an mpeg2 codec for tmpg, but if you are using the lastest version you shouldnt need this

Request - I need help converting AVI(Divx) to MPEG for VideoCD No.20720
Brian Powers  Home )  2002-05-06 17:39:28 ( ID:tvn0u5xp/o6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 100mhz pentium, 66 mhz bus, 32mb EDO ram, 1 mb video memory, windows 98 packard bell old junk. I am trying to convert Divx quality AVI files to VideoCD. It works but it takes a long time. Does anyone have a equation for figuring out how long it will take and how space the new file will be? Is there anyway to make the process go faster, when it's encoding it only uses like 5% of my resources and the processor light doesn't flash very often. Please tell me all the ways to rig TMPGenc so that it goes faster even if it means not using anything else and closing every application including the systray. I need all the speed I can get. Thanks.

Minion  2002-05-06 21:30:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m supprised it works at all on your system,"tmpgenc" is designed to use pretty much all your resourses while encodeing,so if it only uses 5% of yours it must take long,one hour of avi file takes 5 hours to encode to mpeg2 on my 800mhz system so it must take like a month on yours,The only way for it to speed up is for you to get a faster computer and more ram.but to figure out file size ,if you are useing the standard video-cd template 1150kbs this equels out to 1 minute of avi is 10mb of mpeg,so you can fit 80 min on a 80min 700mb disk........

Darren  2002-05-07 05:20:47 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you will find it was your hdd light that was occasionally flashing and your processor was going flat out at 100%. You can't speed up the whole process unless you want to loose quality.

You need to wait or buy a new machine.

Patients is a virtue!

Gant  2002-05-08 02:00:07 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

processor light... LOL... sorry but i actually did laugh a lot... not offence though... some people are into computers and some are not... thta light is your HD activity light... and its normal not to flash too much... specially on your slow system... and i think your processor was on 100%... BTW how did you know it was usinf only 5% resources... must be sore really weird resource metter u have there m8.

Well, TMPGEnc is not thought to be fast, but to have high quality output... so just use anyother program to do it if you want to be fast... but the fastest setings in TMPGEnc are the realtime something... if it says real time then its fast... try the constant quality...

More i cant say... unless... buy a new comp... i have my baby fomr 9 month now... and she's already way too old (yes i'm talking about my computer) and even though she's 9 months already she's a 1200 athlon with 512 ddr pc2100 ram... HD are all 7200... and still tmpeg takes me way too long to encode... but i'm really happy with the necoding quality... I really HATE MS DV codec... makes me script a hole shit of stuff to fix the probs and takes wayyyyyyyylong to encode : but thts not the issue here... so try trhe above and then tell me how it went.

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - Soundproblem ac3? No.20716
Hekne  2002-05-06 15:09:21 ( ID:r2xc2vdefgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo

I have a problem that I can't solve by myself. I have a divx-file with a compressed sound that I haven't seen before. The sampling rate is 48000 Hz and comression unknown (in VirtualDub). I've read in previous posts that it might be ac3-codec and that it can be decompressed to wav with Goldwave. I can't figure out how to do that, anyone who has done this?

Minion  2002-05-06 22:02:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With "goldwave" I think you need a AC3 plugin but go here: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/fastfdc.exe ,and you can download a ac3 decoder, it is shareware but runs for 30 days........

tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-06 23:03:05 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I posted some freeware AC3 decoding software on my site (temp. - www.penguinsrule.org/ac3_filters.zip). I would give you the direct link but I don't honestly remember where i got them from...

Gant  2002-05-08 01:31:52 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u'r a lucky one... avi with ac3... he he he... dolby digital on the avi... lucky m8. :)

Anyway, there are some really great sites with lots of info about that... the decoder i advise u too use is azid... free and the best in quality output.. into pcm wav... and then use tooLame to encode the mp2... also free and the highest quality u can find :)

Go to www.digital-digest.com or www.doom9.org or even www.vcdhelp.com and all the help u need you'll find there... lots of tutorials for newbies :)

I could tell you how... but i hate being too long typing on the comp.. gomennasai ne :)

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - Divx - Mpg - Vcd Burning starts but buffer under runs? No.20709
Darren  2002-05-06 13:07:00 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am converting a animated series (initialD) which is in DivX format to VCD2.0

I follow this conversion guide http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm with good results BUT when I go to burn the mpg in Nero or VCDEasy it starts then reports a buffer under run. I tried burning on another PC and I got the same issue. The Mpg plays fine and looks perfect, I am stumped?

I have plenty of free Hdd space (Gb's), 256Mb RAM, and a PIII 1000GHtz and have tried a different burner and a whole other machine.

I have heard TMPGEnc can cause the mpg to come out "different" and some programs report it as a problem with the file but can correct it???

kingsley  2002-05-06 22:35:54 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It doesn't have anything to do with the source of your file, once it's converted to VCD file. Your subject line is misleading.

for what it's worth, I can only get a 2x burning of vcd's.

using vcd easy with celeron 566 and 256 ram and nearly all systray closed.

Otherwise Buffer Underrun, baby :/

How about you others? Do the new 'burn-proof' cd writers make a difference?

Darren  2002-05-07 05:13:44 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks kingsley,

So I might just try closing everything down first before writing. I was burning at 2x and still had the error.

Darren  2002-05-07 05:23:07 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it better to use CBR or VBR for a vcd?

kingsley  2002-05-07 15:52:50 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(cbr or vbr?, start a new post topic.)

I first reboot, and then close the internet software, the virusscan, the firewall, and my performance is around 86percent at that time.

I use VCD easy to burn the file.

Here's a tip, I have a multigig partition that I keep clean, I scandisk and defragment and use that for writing the bin/cue, and then write the disk from that.

I think if your file is scattered on a normal harddisk you will certainly have troubles as the 500+ megs for the vcd are first scattered as an mpeg, and then the disk file is written scattered also. Nero probably uses the temp folder, and that would be a problem.

VCDeasy you can choose and direct where to write the bin/cue to by default, and I have it set to a folder on the clean partition.

Take a day and scan and defrag your only hard drive until you get a spare.You might try writing the bin/cue with vcdgear if you can't use the above right away.

Get the small VCD file at vcdhelp and burn it, to get you going, man.

I'll be adding a new 7200rpm HD soon, for better performance. A Must!

let us know how it works out. VCD gear is a freebie I use every day.
k

Gant  2002-05-08 02:26:22 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey man... vcd standart is cbr... no more to add to that... BTW... initialD rules... me has the dvds :) it rules and rocks and rules... :D So u'r into anime too ;)

Well with your pc config i find it very weird to have those probs... here a bit of helpdesk for ya... (man even when i dont work in helpdesk i still do helpdesk :p):

See if your HD is very fragmented? If s defragemnte before burning anything... imagine your files being divide into 200 parts... wowowow... what prograsm are u loading at startup? the best would be not to load anything... use the msconfig or edit the registry manully
HKLMsoftwaremicrosoftwindowscurrent version
un\nsee whats runnning there
tehre is also the same till current version
un services\n
If your not confortable with registry or dont knwo what to do... dont so a thing here... it might destroy your windows instalation... you'll have to restore the resgistry thru dos or even reinstall your OS.

More things... make scandisks as often as possible... acocording to your use... if you use ny based OS then convert ll drives to ntfs.. even though it takes a little more resources... in your case you wont even notice the diference...

hummmm... more... make sure you reinstall your OS every 3 months or so... install form scratch... dont do repair or reinstall... just install from zero... try not to install software u dont actually use... and always uninstall the sftware... dont delete the folders... also if you can afford it,buy a maintainance program like norton utilities to monitor your computer... well i actually dont use it... but i do maintainance manually and install the OS every month... well i actually dont reinstall... i use ghost ;) I'm an encoder... and use windows (2000 and Xp)... it doesnt really matter what windows i use... ist windows... so it self corrupts itself everytime u have the computer on... and mine is on 24/7... so u see my agony... cant wait to master vide encoding in unix... man... i need 48h days... these 24h ones are not enought :p

Well i hope this helps you some how.

Matta ne.

Gant

Steve  2002-05-10 22:20:28 ( ID:vd8ia0rfmbf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No- haven't tried Nero's trancoder yet. I will try it, though, for SVCD. In this case, however, I need VCD, because the final product will be about 3 hours in length.

Request - Automatic splitting! No.20706
me  2002-05-06 12:35:10 ( ID:fm2zhxl5bvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I would like to request a simple feature: Automatic output split into multiple files (output00, output01, output02, etc.), every XX frames (or mm:ss, or size).

This would greatly ease splitting very long movies into chapters (a la DVD).

This _could_ be done in batch files, but since the batch files are binary (not text-only), I cannot create my own batch files with an editor or Perl script...

Minion  2002-05-06 22:14:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This feature has been in" tmpgenc" since it started,try useing the "source range" feature in the "settings" there you can set it to encode just a part of the movie then save it to a project file,and then repeat for the next part of the movie and save to project file ,and load these project files into the "batch encode". But there mutch easier ways of putting chapters in a dvd movie,simple authoring programs like "ulead dvd workshop" and "sonic dvdit" do chapters, menu"s and burning, and they are easy to get for free if you are creative.......

Me  2002-05-07 01:10:57 ( ID:fm2zhxl5bvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, the feature I want DOESN'T exist in TMPegEnc at all.

I don't want to do it *manually* for VCDs, geddit? I want the program to split the output into several MPEG files automatically without me having to create multiple batch entries by hand.

Question - Converting Pal To NTSC No.20703
Cade  2002-05-06 11:10:33 ( ID:i1ycumbwsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed that one of the movies I am trying to convert to NTSC has a 25,000 fps. When I attempt to convert it I get a really quick hesitation or jump. It happens very fast and I am not sure if it is because of the FPS is slower at the NTSC conversion.

IS it possible to modify the FPS to 25,000 FPS in the NTSC conversion mode and still be able to play it on my dvd player?

Any hyelp would be appreciated

Cade

kingsley  2002-05-06 22:40:00 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

are you sure your dvd player/vcd player won't play the PAL? I think most do or will....

I have 2 and both do play ntsc and pal, but the memorex plays pal smoother than the oritron.

Pal looks nice, too, anyway.

Gant  2002-05-08 02:03:01 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

like 99% of actual dvd players play both pal and ntsc... so just set u'r player and it'll play it... if u still wnat to convert it to ntsc.. which i really sont advice... but be my guest... use avisynth and use its internal ntsc to pal converter... if it doesnt work smootly.. it will not work on everycase... ust script your own script to do it according to your source.

Hope this helps.

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - quality of picture No.20701
fujimuppo  2002-05-06 09:04:59 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how can I clean up a movie so I can play it on my stand alone dvd player with out it looking blury.

thanks

M.Bastian  2002-05-06 09:45:06 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your source is already looking blurry you cant do anything. Also its pointless to encode an low resolution(quality) source to SVCD or DVD quality. An encoded stream cant be of better quality then the source. Otherwise up the bitrate of your (S)VCD and/or choose eg. VBR instead of CBR. Just make sure your DVD player can handle an nonstandard VCD or SVCD stream.

Question - can't load problem No.20699
fujimuppo  2002-05-06 09:01:15 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having a problem with tmpgenc. When I start to encode it stops
and I get a "cant load p3 package.dll". I also have a problem with retrieving files from my hard drive of movies I down loaded from the web. Can some one please help me.
Thanks

willyiam  2002-05-06 09:49:03 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do a search for "p3p package".

You'll find this question has been answered many times.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.