TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 600 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Frameserving from VirtualDub doesn't work with 2.5x? dRD 10 2002-05-09 10:35:36
Question New feature TMPGenc can read VOB!! NewtronX 1 2002-05-01 16:14:33
Question What do you get from "Plus" / registration Steve Anderson 1 2002-05-01 03:51:34
Question Block noise in fast scenes Max_it 1 2002-05-01 00:36:57
Question Resume option? Nafmi 2 2002-04-30 23:58:27
Question Error multiplexing with Tmpgenc 2.53 Flavio 3 2002-05-01 00:53:30
Question I want to Add black to the top/bottom of mpeg? kingsley 2 2002-05-01 04:33:33
Question An error occured when writing to avi file JJCross 0 2002-04-30 22:04:21
Question An error occured when writing to avi file JJCross 0 2002-04-30 22:01:01
Question no sound robert weigel 3 2002-05-02 11:35:04
Question "An error occurred when audio was decoded" Steve Anderson 12 2002-05-03 00:06:39
Question Sound fine but black screen - help me please! Lars79 1 2002-05-03 19:51:50

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 600 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Frameserving from VirtualDub doesn't work with 2.5x? No.20349
dRD  2002-05-01 10:02:24 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to use TMPGEnc 12a to encode my clips, but as new versions of TMPGEnc tend to have more cool features, I finally switched to 2.53 couple of days ago. Everything seems to be ok, but one problem I have:

I can't open VirtualDub's frameserve files with TMPGEnc anymore -- not if I name the frameserve file as .vdr nor if I name it as .avi. I've also tried to increase the DirectShow Multimedia Reader's priority as described in various forums, but this doesn't seem to help either.

I use VDub 1.4.9 and TMPGEnc 2.53 now. Any assistance?

Petr@  2002-05-01 13:07:16 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
Well I have the same problem with VDub 1.4.10 (build 13870) and TMPGenc 2.53. Also wondering what could be the problem and very eager to get solutions!!!
If anybody knows ..... please respond!!!
Thanks.
Petra

davvan  2002-05-01 14:46:21 ( ID:v2.gq5nozda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I´ve the same problem and I´m guessing there is more people out there with this problem, so please, help us!

What to do.

/davvan

ASHY  2002-05-01 14:58:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go into your TMPG folder and delete this file 'CurrentCfg.tpr'
Next go into Virtualdub folder and double click 'AuxSetup.exe'
In the box which pops up click 'Remove' then click 'uninstall handler' Once uninstalled then click 'Install handler' and exit.

Restart your machine then start the frameserver. When asked to name your file make sure you give it an AVI extension.
Then try and open the file with TMPG.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-01 15:55:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should have said delete this file TMPGEnc.ini from the TMPG folder too.

ASHY

Petr@  2002-05-01 18:32:59 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY
Sorry to say ........... but it did NOT work for me!!! I tried it the moment I saw you answer.
Any other advice??
Thanks.
Petra

Domitian  2002-05-02 10:50:27 ( ID:ezshccxecjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem
I am using TMPGenc 2.53.35.130 and VirtualDub 1.4.10. build 13870
and I also removed the two files of TMPGEnc, reinstalled the virtualdub handle, rebooted the system, increased the directshow priority and still I get the message "File c:video.avi cannot open, or unsupported."
I am running under XP Pro.

What can we do?

your help is appriciated

Domitian  2002-05-02 11:08:43 ( ID:ezshccxecjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!!!!

Its Murphy's Law. When I post a message asking for help the problem is solved.

What is the problem which I think a lot of people have.
When I start the frameserver in virtualdub it comes with the name of the movie. well my movie was called
"Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone.CD2.DVL.SoLo.ShareReactor.avi"
which is... yes... toooo long for Tmpegenc
I read the Virtualdub help and it says you could also called it x, which i did
so call the name of the frameserver just: x
call the name of the signpost file: x.avi
open this x.avi in the TMPEGenc and surprise.... it works... (with me)
hope it works for you too... bye

ASHY  2002-05-02 11:31:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Theres only one other thing I can suggest.
That is go into your virtualdub folder and in there you will see a folder called aviproxy.
Double click proxyon.reg file then reboot. If this works then make sure you click the proxyoff.reg file when you have finished encoding as it can interfere with other programs.

If you still can't get it to work then I would suggest to just keep trying by installing and removing the handler and try unticking the register vfapi option in TMPG under option. If you play with these options for some reason it eventually works and remember to start the frameserver then wait a good few seconds before starting TMPG.
I usually have a problem getting it to work from a fresh install but this seems to cure it.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-02 13:03:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For more info on frameserving with Virtualdub go here :
http://www.vcdhelp.com/virtualdubframeserve.htm

ASHY

Keith  2002-05-09 10:35:36 ( ID:qi9oepql.ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to have this problem
I find the following means I can always frame serve.

Name the frameserving file in VirtualDub something like 1.vdr Use a letter or number for the prefix rather than a name.
Make sure the DirectShow VFAPI has a priority 2 (under the environmental setting)
THe wizard seems to load the vdr files better.

keith
PS I read somewhere the frameserving was broke in 1.4.10 I still use 1.4.9 as I am using the audiosync modified version of VirtualDub

Question - New feature TMPGenc can read VOB!! No.20347
NewtronX  2002-05-01 05:33:52 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dont know if this is a new feature or not but tonight I discoved TMPGenc can read VOB files!! I used DVD Decrypter to RIP from DVD to my hard drive then Opened the main VOB file with TMPGenc using the all files option. I encoded to MPG1, MPG2 and DivX with no problems and might I say the new version is faster or atleast it seamed so!! In Divx 4.12 I encoded at 2000 bitrate 1 pass and MP3 128kb 48khz. It had awsome Video quality and perfect stereo seperation!! One more thing they fixed the video and audio codec selection buttons when saving as AVI now the buttons show up full in windows XP!!!! ~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-05-01 16:14:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you'll find you have an MPEG2 codec installed on your system somewhere.
Stinky's MPEG2 codec by any chance?

ASHY

Question - What do you get from "Plus" / registration No.20345
Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 02:10:38 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks,

I want to be a good shareware consumer here and register my product; but to decide whether to do that, it helps to know what's different about the full version. Not only to see if it's worth the money, but also to see if the problems I'm having with the shareware version are fixed by the full version. (If they're not, I'll want to look for another product.)

Does anyone know where I can find a description of the differences between unregistered TMPGEnc, registered TMPGEnc, and TMPGEnc plus? Is the "Plus" version the same as the "Registered" version? Will I be able to make audio files like MP3? I can't seem to find anything on this web site or on the one you order from that describes these differences.

It looks like pretty kick-ass software, but I'm not sure what I'm getting.

Steve Anderson
Minneapolis.

ffast  2002-05-01 03:51:34 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_release02.html

Question - Block noise in fast scenes No.20343
Max_it  2002-05-01 00:03:59 ( ID:xvl/k7rienk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I'm trying to encode Mini DV video on a svcd using TMPEG. The quality seems very high to me, but there is a block noise on very fast scenes.

After reading some post I realize that is a normal problem for Tmpeg, but I still don't understand how to solve.

I try last version, CQ quality, all options checked in quantize tab but not at all.

ASHY said that "high speed scenes always give blockyness in TMPG which is why I personally don't use TMPG for MPEG2 encoding."
Well, what do you use for that then?

Thanks & regards

ASHY  2002-05-01 00:36:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll just clarify what I meant.
I was refering to the blockiness in fast scenes only when the bitrate is at low enough level so that I can fit the movie on two cd's.

It is perfectly possible to remove all block noise from TMPG encodes by increasing the maximum bitrate and moving the quality slider up (by this Iam referring to the constant quality setting), but this will increase the file size and wont fit on two cd's.
The technique I use involves using TMPG as a frame server to Cinemacraft encoder and then use it encode.

The reason for this is that CCE is a better MPEG2 encoder and can produce better quality movies for the file size compared to TMPG and is faster in the bargain.
The only problem is CCE doesn't allow for resizing or have any filters, this is why I use TMPG to frame serve the settings to CCE.

I always use TMPG for MPEG1 encoding and is by far the best MPEG1 encoder out there. Not even CCE can match it's MPEG1 encoding ability.

I have sent you some templates which should improve things in TMPG.

ASHY

Question - Resume option? No.20340
Nafmi  2002-04-30 23:32:38 ( ID:evcjzc5fbsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering does TMPG have a resume option if yes where is it??
If no is there one on the way in future version it would be very very useful for people with a less than stable system as my self...;)

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:38:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check out:
Question - Error in file still usable? No.20303

ASHY

mGuru  2002-04-30 23:58:27 ( ID:ukutrhuhk8j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, if you want to pause without rebooting (so you can surf, burn cd's, or other cpu intensive stuff), you can just press STOP and leave the Are you sure? dialog box until you are ready to resume in which you would just press NO. That's the best workaround I have been able to get. However, if you have to reboot then I guess Ashy's adivce is required.

mGuru

Question - Error multiplexing with Tmpgenc 2.53 No.20336
Flavio  2002-04-30 23:10:33 ( ID:tdnvfbw3koa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,

I have a problem multiplexing .m1v and .mp2 files into an .mpg file with Tmpgenc (version 2.53). After multiplexing, I often get the following error: "Warning - xxxx packets cause buffer underflow. Mpeg file may cause error when it played". Does anybody know what this error message means ? The resulting mpeg file seems to play anyway (on the PC), but can I still use it to create a VCD ? Will it work on the VCD player ? Or is there a way to fix the error ? Thanks very much to everybody,

Flavio

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:22:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Follow these SIMPLE steps>
Into the search bar type: buffer underflow

Now watch the information flood your way.
Simple wasn't it?

ASHY

Flavio  2002-05-01 00:32:32 ( ID:tdnvfbw3koa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, you may not believe it, but I hadn't noticed the "Search" button...
Anyway, I did the research and read a lot of info, but could not find any explanation on how to fix the problem. Can I change any parameters for multiplexing ? Or do I have to re-encode the files ? (If it's even possible, because I only have the .m1v and .mp2 files, no original .AVI or .WAV files).
Thanks again,

Flavio

ASHY  2002-05-01 00:53:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all before you go worrying yourself about buffer underflows, burn the movie first and try it in your player. Theres a good chance it won't affect it at all.

If it does affect the movie, such as the movie stutters or freezes then post back and I'll give you some tips.

You didn't look to hard when you searched I found one of my old posts right away.
Look at this article:
Question - VBV buffer explained. No.19674
http://www.tmpgenc.net/cgi-bin/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc&page=9

ASHY

Question - I want to Add black to the top/bottom of mpeg? No.20333
kingsley  2002-04-30 22:36:24 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using Dazzle to capture mpeg-1, and some are from video tape that have been dubbed once too often, as there are unstable squiggles on the top and bottom of the picture.

Can I add black bar on the top and bottom to cover over the picture in post-processing with TMPGEnc?

Or zoom in slightly, or another solution from somebody?

As I say these are the tools I now use, I understand if I had a different capture card I can arrange this at the time of capture with Virtual Dub, but that is in the future a little later this year.

I've been using TMPGEnc a lot as I capture high bitrate and make a copy for strict VCD requirements, but there are some tabs I don't understand.

Thanks for reading.
kingsley

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:44:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quite simple.
Open TMPG and click the 'setting' button. Click the advanced tab then choose 'clip frame' in the filter options. Find a suitable place in your movie with the slider then use the boxes below it to clip your movie.
When clipping the top and the bottom don't tick the 'Resized image is used to display preview' option.
When clipping left and right then enable this option to see how your final movie will look.

ASHY

kingsley  2002-05-01 04:33:33 ( ID:7ufls9mdvof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Truly very simple.
Worked great.Solved my problem.

Thank you Ashy!

Question - An error occured when writing to avi file No.20332
JJCross  2002-04-30 22:04:21 ( ID:txul0mikr/f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting MPEG files into avi to work on them in Premire. This has been working fine for me. When trying to do this on one of these files I get the above error. Any ideas?

Question - An error occured when writing to avi file No.20331
JJCross  2002-04-30 22:01:01 ( ID:txul0mikr/f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting MPEG files into avi to work on them in Premire. This has been working fine for me. When trying to do this on one of these files I get the above error. Any ideas?

Question - no sound No.20327
robert weigel  2002-04-30 21:44:14 ( ID:uwtsguxknt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

help all i want to do is take the movie i ripped to my hard drive than convered to an avi with easydivx and burn it to my dvd burner. i used ths program tmpgenc the wizard came up i picked 4.7 gig dvd chose my avi file left audio file blank because its inside the avi file.and 3-hr later got mpeg file with no sound. how do i get sound with the wizard? i want to make a dvd. thanks........

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:34:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your sound problem is due to the fact that you didn't put any thing in the audio field.

It doesn't matter if the audio is already in the avi. You must put the avi in both the Video and Audio boxes. If TMPG didn't load it automatically then the audio in your Avi is probably not compatible for some reason with TMPG (may be ac3)
Try to load the avi again and make sure the audio box is filled with the avi this time.
If it wont allow you to open the avi in the Audio box you will have to extract it to a wav and use that as the audio source.

ASHY

norman  Home )  2002-05-02 07:04:51 ( ID:myqtczwqof. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,
the same ocurred to me, i converted an avi file to mpg for vcd and there is no sound on the encoded version. later i checked if the audiofile was loaded automatically or not, it was! then i started to go the way through again, used the project wizard, checked for source range, while determining the range i had checked for "display audio" and guess what: there was no sign of any audio signal the whole lengh of the movie through. but the avi has sound. i can play it in wmp or divx playa and hear sound, in tmpgenc it just seems to be not there.
can anyone help ?
thank you

kind regards
norman

ASHY  2002-05-02 11:35:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only one way around it.
Extract your audio to a wav file with virtualdub and use that as your audio in TMPG.

ASHY

Question - "An error occurred when audio was decoded" No.20314
Steve Anderson  2002-04-30 20:18:14 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there, I'm new to TMPG Encoder.

I've been recording AVI files from video capture using the "MGI VideoWave 4" software that comes with the Dazzle DVC-80. The AVI files look and sound good when I play them back.

When I try to encode them, even small ones (a minute long), it does 99% of the encoding, then comes up with "An error occurred when audio was decoded.". When I play back, I get audio ok, but there's occasional distortion and it's not at all synched with the video.

Why does it say "audio was decoded"? Is my AVI file encoded somehow? (I had thought AVI was raw and not encoded - certainly the file sizes are very large.)

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:38:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All media files are encoded in some way be it raw avi or raw audio or otherwise.
I think you are getting confused with compression.

Try to extract your audio to a wav file with Virtualdub and load that into TMPG as the audio.

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 01:20:36 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, I definitely was getting those two mixed up (encoding & compression).

So I tried downloading the latest version (2.54 - I had been using 2.53). This didn't have the error, but the result was the same - the video and audio are out of synch. I tried a separate audio file (a .wav) as you suggested, but that didn't help.

The audio actually sounds fine, I think I might be missing a bunch of frames on the video. I know that when the capture occurred it said it was dropping a few frames. But the AVI played fine (in, for instance, Windows Media Player). Is WMP filling in by repeating frames, and the compression simply omitting them?

ASHY  2002-05-01 02:08:05 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the audio is in sync with the original avi then it should be possible to sync the MPEG.
Is the audio not in sync the same all the way through the movie or does start off ok and then desync later on?

Your desynchronization is probably due to your dropping frames or a few may have become corrupted. MPEGS aren't as forgiving as AVI where sync is concerned and are more susceptible to corrupt frames.

Run the avi through the latest virtualdub to scan for bad frames.
I also want you to find out the lengths of the Video and the audio of AVI file separately
Post back the results.

My advice to you is to capture to a compression format such as Divx 4.12 or 5 at the highest quality setting if you have a decent processor.

Your dropped frames are likely due to your hard drive not being able to keep up with the data flow.
Uncompressed avi is very hard to capture without dropping frames.

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 02:22:56 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The dropped frames are mostly at the beginning, and the audio is therefore behind the video for most of the segment.

Hey, VirtualDub didn't detect any "bad frames", but loading and saving the AVI in VirtualDub, then using that output for TMPGEnc, produced a synchronized MPEG! So the problem's basically solved... Not a nice solution, though, since it means I'll need room on my drive for 2 AVI versions of whatever I want to encode... I need better capture software, I guess.

I have a good processor (Athlon 1700), and a nice RAID-0 set of drives on a Soyo DragonPlus motherboard, so my hardware should be up to this.

For capture, I've got an ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder, but the software that came with it was giving me lots of pain. All my captures had mild audio static. I tried capturing directly with VirtualDub, but apparently the Radeon doesn't support Windows video capture format. Then I tried a simple Dazzle DVC-80 that plugs into a USB port. It does pretty AVI captures, but apparently they're missing frames in this non-friendly format.

I've been trying to get a nice VCD capture setup going for a couple months (off and on), it's been very confusing.

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 02:23:48 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, thanks for all your incredible help and advice, ASHY.

ASHY  2002-05-01 02:57:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To get around the problem of having two large AVI files on your drive, if thats the way you want to do it, just load your avi into Virtualdub and frameserve to TMPG. This will be the same as creating another file, but without the quality loss or the extra space required and was going to be my next suggestion, but you found your own rounabout way of doing it.
Well done.
For more info on frameseving using Virtualdub check out http://ww.vcdhelp.com

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 16:45:20 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I've finally figured out how to do a decent AVI capture - I use my ATI hardware with the MGI VideoWave 4 software that came with the other hardware, and I'm no longer losing frames. I'm trying to convert my old beta videotape collection to VCD in anticipation of my beta machine someday dying.

One thing I tried was an episode of "Doctor Who". The opening credit music is noticably more "screechy" in the MPEG output than in the AVI input. All my other problems are gone - everything's synched up and the video is as good as any 352x240 MPEG I've seen. But the sound is really annoying. It's sharper in the program as well, but it's really bad during the opening credits.

So, is this likely to be an underlying problem in the source AVI, like the video problem was, or is this some other conversion issue? Would it help to separate out the sound as a .wav? If so, why would doing that help?

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 17:56:37 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, the problem seems to lie in converting the audio stream, whether in TMPGEnc or in VirtualDub. Apparently my AVI audio is 16,000 Hz, and converting that to 44,100 Hz makes it sound buzzy.

I followed the instructions at VCDHelp for converting the audio stream to 44,100 and the resulting WAV sounds bad too. Is there a safe way to do this conversion, or do I need to go back to the capture tool and recapture with better sound?

ASHY  2002-05-02 11:51:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly I would start capturing at 44100 for your audio, and choose mono as I guess this is what the source is, otherwise the quality will be terrible.

Yes your right the problem is the samplerate conversion.
TMPG's samplerate converter isn't too good.
A better option would be to load your avi into Virtualdub and extract the
audio to a wav. Choose full processing mode under 'Audio' and click 'conversion' then change the samplerate to 44100 and make sure you tick the 'high quality' box then click 'File' and choose 'save wav'from the menu.
Use the wav file that is created as your audio in TMPG.

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-02 16:41:40 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, that does it! I did everything right except for checking the "High Quality" box, which I hadn't noticed. And good point about the mono sound, no sense wasting bandwidth on a second track for a mono tv show.

I'll have to do some more playing around to get my system to capture in 44.1kHz.

Thanks, again, ASHY!

Ashy  2002-05-03 00:04:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If youv'e got a Windows 2000/xp system then check out this excellant capture software.
It's the best I've ever used. It's a bit tricky at first, but you soon get the hang of it.
http://www.iulab.com/index.shtm?iuvcr/about

ASHY

Ashy  2002-05-03 00:06:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are also some drivers on the site which may work with your card.

ASHY

Question - Sound fine but black screen - help me please! No.20312
Lars79  2002-04-30 20:05:52 ( ID:t.pdb7megpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting serveral Avi (DivX) Files to mpg I got with all the same problem.
The sound seems to be fine, but the screen stays black from the beginning (during converting and later on my DVD Player or also in WinDVD).

I read that there seems to be a problem with DivX 5, is that the point?

dadi  2002-05-03 19:51:50 ( ID:snzq9a14sim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i can understand your frastration it took me almost a week to solve this problem, (i copy the answer from anther quastion on this web page)
Go to OPTIONS -> Enviromental setting -> VFLAPI Plug-in...and then Right click on where it says "Direct show file reader" or "avi vfw compatibility reader" and it will give you an option to raise the preference of it.....I have it up to "3" and It displays the preview...and its the same thing with sound.

good luck

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.