TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 591 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Green line left hand side Peter 1 2002-05-06 22:58:42
Question no sound cb 1 2002-05-06 05:58:33
Question Sound and video not synchronised properly panko 2 2002-05-24 17:43:07
Question Batch encoder overwrites over & over ekpyrotic_007 3 2002-05-06 07:23:30
Question SVCD to VCD Ungenant 6 2002-05-09 01:48:16
Question Avi To MPEG aolshock 1 2002-05-06 12:51:57
Free talk Solution for about any open AVI in TMPG problem Hans Schmucker 5 2002-05-08 02:12:48
Free talk VCD with MPEG2 Hans Schmucker 2 2002-05-06 15:14:49
Question Burnig XSVCD madns 0 2002-05-06 01:35:15
Question Command line Hans Schmucker 2 2002-05-06 06:12:27
Question NO IMAGES OR GRAPHICS AFTER DOWNLOAD!!!!! peechee6 4 2002-05-06 23:42:40
Question AVI file opening problem jl 2 2002-05-06 00:44:30

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 591 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Green line left hand side No.20697
Peter  2002-05-06 07:29:12 ( ID:yy0ncampghr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have started getting a thin green line down the left side of any video I try and encode. It appears on the encoding screen as well as the out put file. I have been using this software for over 2 years now and this problem has just start over the last 6 months. It now appears on ever encode. I am using the PAL VCD setup file. I have just loaded the latest version and still have the problem. Can anyone help.

Thanks

kingsley  2002-05-06 22:58:42 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's either when capturing, or converting, right?

I am not sure which, but in the past was this black in appearance so unnoticed by you? Just a question.

If when converting:
The border color can be chosen by a color-picker in one of the TMPGEnc filters, near the bottom of the list, I think it's called clipping Filter, but I am away from my home right now. This may be filling in a color due to frame size conversions by you. I don't know what settings are kept when upgrading - so that is another question.

Let us know what happens.

Question - no sound No.20695
cb  2002-05-06 05:29:58 ( ID:6pg/1xjv/r6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quick question. I have recently downloaded a few movies off of
kaazaa and when i put them through tmpgenc, there is no sound on
the new mpeg file. I have successfully created many movies but
on some of the movies the sound is not working. help!!
cb

Minion  2002-05-06 05:58:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Find out what the audio format is,"tmpgenc" does not support all audio formats,and make sure when you are encodeing that you encode your audio to 41000hz and between 128 and 224kbs .....

Question - Sound and video not synchronised properly No.20692
panko  2002-05-06 05:01:08 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when making vcd's to play on my dvd player the sound seems to be slightly in front of the picture.
the original avi's are fine so it must be happening in the conversion somewhere.
I'm using virtualdub to separate the video and audio, then TMPGEnc to merge into an mpg, then burning with nero 5.5.

does anybody know where the delay is being added and what can be done about it?

dooger  2002-05-07 23:06:56 ( ID:5rbfrqoczch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've noticed the same thing, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been discussed more on this board. The common reply to audio sync problems is "extract audio to .wav using virtual dub, then encode with tmpgenc, there, all fixed!"

That fixes the "no audio from .avi" problem, but not any sync issues that I've had. I believe there are at least two ways to fix sync problems; if you're extracting to .wav anyway, VirtualDub has the capability to skew the time base of the audio track while extracting. It's in the audio menu under interleaving. After a little trial and error, I ended up delaying the audio by -100ms on the last movie I encoded - worked great. There's also a setting in TmpgEnc called "audio gap correct", under the "source range" setting on the "advanced" tab. I'm not sure if this feature accomplishes this, but maybe somebody more familiar with TmpgEnc could verify?

Hope that helps.

--dooger

Stephan Talmon-Gros  2002-05-24 17:43:07 ( ID:ootcus6nr2r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there

Actually I'm looking for a solution of this problem too. I normaly made avi. files out of my dvds, ripped the sound out of the .vob with graphedit (and different filters). At the end I just joined the .wav (that virtualdub converts into mp3) and the .avi with virtual dub. I encountered a lot of synchronisation problems with the music. In most cases the option " video -> frame rate -> source rate adjustment -> change so video and audio duration match" worked out.

But I also encountered problems when I extract a audio stream from vob files (in this special case in training day) there was a trailer in the first .vob file of training day itself that was without music. The problem I get now is that I can't fit the audio with video stream. Even with the solution "duration match" I explained above. And When I cut the video in virtual dub it automaticly cuts the .wav at the same point as the video. But The silence in the trailer is not in the .wav, it was cut out, so it just won't fit. If anybody knows the problem, I'd be glad to hear it.

I have the same problem with TMPGEnc.. I miss an option like the one in virtual dub where the duration of the video and audio stream can be matched.

cheers, tale

Question - Batch encoder overwrites over & over No.20688
ekpyrotic_007  2002-05-06 04:56:04 ( ID:r/axqwnowy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I'm doing the TMPGEnc Batch Encode thing. Two cds worth of a dvd. It encoded the first one in 1.5 hours. The second in 25 minutes. As I expected. Then, it deletes the first one, and proceeds to encode same set again. I figured I had not set something right, and let it go thru a second cycle. But, at the end of the second, it proceeded to overwrite again.

How do I get it to encode once, and stop there? I clicked on "Shut down with finish encoding".

Thanks for any tips!

Minion  2002-05-06 06:05:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When makeing your project files you have to name each file differently, that is your mpeg output file ,not your project file ,name them like: name#1.mpg and then :name#2.mpeg,you can name your project files(.tpr)to anything you want but you have to name the output mpeg files differently,cuz you can"t have two files of the same name in the same directory or file.......

ekpyrotic_007  2002-05-06 07:09:33 ( ID:r/axqwnowy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I look in Windows Explorer at the directory I'm saving to, the names are in the format you suggested: name#_vcd1 & name#_vcd2. Same for in the batch log. I'll go back thru and really look at project names, again though.

I appreciate your feedback. Keep up the good work!

Minion  2002-05-06 07:23:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that is your problem because you shouldn"t see the the file names #1 #2 and so on till after you encode them,I know exactly what you are doing because I have done it myself more than once,what you have to do is make new project files because the ones you have from earlier have the wrong ouput directory.What you do is load your file in then your template do your settings then before you save project go to the bottom of the screen to the "output file name" and make your file name#1, then go and save project.then repeat the step but put in name#2 in the "output file name",and so on, I actually made the same mistake the other day......

Question - SVCD to VCD No.20681
Ungenant  2002-05-06 04:32:43 ( ID:cvfsd0mg4sk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My standalone will not play svcd, I want to convert an svcd I have to vcd and when I try using the mpeg tools-->simple multiplex, after it converts and I try to play it...the sound plays but the video does not. I have tried splitting the files into *.mp2 and *.m2v w/ tmpgenc and *.d2v with dvd2avi, but tmpgenc will not load either of the video files, it says the format is not supported. I downloaded the VFAPI plugin and installed it also, but that did not help. I also need to convert it from PAL to NTSC, but tpmgenc will not load the video files so that I can do this. Any help would be appreciated

willyiam  2002-05-06 10:40:23 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First thing to do is see if your Standalone is compatible with SVCD.

Go to http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php Enter your Brand > Check the box for SVCD and hit Search.

If it is compatible, and If the SVCD you want to convert was originally encoded with TMPGEnc, then post back here.

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 16:10:20 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look at No.20670

VeloBorg  2002-05-06 16:32:39 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how does one look at 6125? or any # for that matter?
-Don

Ungenant  2002-05-06 22:48:01 ( ID:rb8heaeum52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My standalone is not compatable with svcd's...only vcd's. I need to convert the svcd i have to ntsc and vcd. But I can not load m2v or d2v files in tmpgenc, any help would be be appreciated.

ShovelhEd  2002-05-07 15:33:10 ( ID:f75hq2ciabf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there!

I am not 100% sure I understand you but after multiplexing the film when you try to watch it (ON YOUR PC) you only hear the audio? That is how it will be when you try it on a pc. If you burn it and play it on your standalone it wil work. I have seen this everytime I do this. I think the PC players get confused by the vcd headers on the SVCD.

Good luck!

GrandiZer  2002-05-09 01:48:16 ( ID:b646frc0clk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try playing the new file through powerdvd or windvd. You will most likely see the video.

Question - Avi To MPEG No.20679
aolshock  2002-05-06 03:24:38 ( ID:ttc2xfy4fr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TMPGEnc and I have a AVI movie i need converted to MPEG I enter in the video source/audio source and output. Stream type is System(video+audio) I use all other default settings i hit start and then it runs its course and the video is fine but there is no sound... Any idea why this happends? or how i can get the sound to work ? I picked system audio+sound.. Do i have to put them together after i do that or should the file work straight off conversion? please help email me if you post @ aolshock@bellsouth.net

Hekne  2002-05-06 12:51:57 ( ID:r2xc2vdefgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See article no.6080

Free talk - Solution for about any open AVI in TMPG problem No.20673
Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 01:59:27 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there is a VfW codec installed for your AVI file, then you can open it in VirtualDub and pass it to TMPGEnc using the frameserver. Works like a charm for about every AVI file and you can finally set the range exactly to the frame. If TMPGEnc or any other program wants an AVI extension, well just save the frameserver file with the extension .AVI.

Greetings from Germany
Hans Schmucker

Minion  2002-05-06 02:26:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use "tmpgenc" as a frame server to,my technique (which I learned partly from Ashy)for makeing exelent dvd to svcd rips,I don"t use "tmpgenc" to encode but I use it as a frame server for "cinemacraft encoder 2.62".CCE has much higher quality mpeg2 and much quicker but has no features at all,I mean none which makes it practicly useless for svcd,so here"s my solution: I rip my dvd with smartripper and use dvd2avi to make project files but I make 2 or 3 from a movie,these are the parts of the movie I will burn to cd, this is so I don"t have to cut them after encodeing,so after this i got say 2 d2v files and 2 wav files for the 2 halves of the movie,then I go to "tmpgenc" and load the first d2v file in but not the audio,I set the setting as if I were to encode with "tmpgenc" but make a ".tpr"project file instead,then I load that into the "vfapi converter"(you can get it from vcdhelp.com) this makes a psudo avi file with all the info from your dvd movie but resized,then i encode that with my wav file with "cinemacraft".but your new mpeg file isn"t svcd compliant cuz it has no "svcd headers" so I use the "mpeg tools" "merge & cut" and just run it through with out editing it, just makeing a copy of it ,but the new copy has all the svcd headers and can then be burned to cd...I know it seems like a long way to do it but it only takes me 2 hours to do 1 hour of movie......just another cool thing about "Tmpgenc"

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 02:48:04 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quality? Cinecraft? Correct me, but the last time I tried Cinecraft it was REALLY FAST and the MPEG2s looked REALLY CRAPPY. But maybe this has really changed ... but I don't think the quality is better then TMPG... becaus analysis needs time, no matter what encoder you use. Maybe I'm wrong... next time I'm running out of time I will try your way =)

Minion  2002-05-06 05:54:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way I do it all the filters and settings from tmpgenc get transfered to "cinemacraft" through the vfapi,this is the only way i can use "cce" cuz the only thing good about it is the speed and quality,I think maybe you tried the old 2.25 or 2.50,the version I got is really nice quality ,but with out "tmpgenc" it is pretty useless to me.......

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 06:20:22 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The settings were not a problem with CCE, it was just that the whole video would look blocky, eventhough it was fine in TMPG using the same bitrate... But one thing I don't get is why you use TMPGEnc as a frameserver and not directly VirtualDub... except for a good frame rate managemant everything is in there... well, I guess I just answered the question myself. Still it doesn't matter for me as my DVD player strangely enough accepts any framerate TMPG has to offer in every resolution (tested from 128x96 to 720x576)

Gant  2002-05-08 02:12:48 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i still use cce 2.5 and yes i changed the crc check so no probs with nt's and i changed the encoding matrix it uses... so i use the same encoding matrix as TMPGEnc (actually this matrix is the same as cce 2.6x) and use at least 5 pass to have better output that TMPGEnc 2 pass... and no i dont use the tmpgenc project... just learn to use avisynth and u'll se its the best editing/frameserving ustility ever made :)

CCe is fast... but it sucks when it comes to 1 pass quality... only 3 or more passes will give u high quality.

Matta ne.

Gant

Free talk - VCD with MPEG2 No.20670
Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 01:52:36 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On my Sony DVD player it is not possible to play SVCD, but intereresting enough, you can compress a video to MPEG 2, then Multiplex to VideoCD using the TMPG MPEG Tools and finally write it using WinOnCD 5. Does it work for other DVD Players too?

Greetings from Germany
Hans Schmucker

willyiam  2002-05-06 10:59:47 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It certainly works on the two machines I have tested it with. (A Sony and a Technics.) However, I did have to up the minimum bitrate to 650 (VBR CQ) to eliminate a few jerks. (Burnt with Nero.)

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 15:14:49 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, that's great news. Anyone else had a go?

Question - Burnig XSVCD No.20669
madns  2002-05-06 01:35:15 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i managed to make a xsvcd file but ...
when burnig it to cd, nero lockes up, what is the problem ?
and yes i did set it to non standard compliant cd

Question - Command line No.20666
Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 00:35:27 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could someone please a list of command line parameters for TMPG? The classic "/?" switch does not work and, to be honest, I just don't want to do try and error. However, there have to be some kind of command line switches, since TMPG returns an error if you just pass two filenames to it, but I just can't find a list in the FAQ.

Greetings from Germany
Hans Schmucker

POP  2002-05-06 03:58:18 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Command line is not availavel on free version and Plus version.

"TMPGEnc Server" may have the option but we do not know when Pegasys release
it.

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 06:12:27 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm pretty sure it is avaiable, I just don't know how to handle it... when I pass an AVI file to TMPG in the command line I get an illegal stream error. I mean sure, it's just an error, but it's mere existenece already tells us TMPG has command line support.

Greetings from Germany
Hans Schmucker

Question - NO IMAGES OR GRAPHICS AFTER DOWNLOAD!!!!! No.20661
peechee6  2002-05-05 23:36:33 ( ID:zgaknvbolgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded and extraxcted the files. When I open the program, there are no letters or pictures or anything. Just blank boxes that don't do anything when I click them. When I first entered the site, I had to put in my WinXP installation disk to download fonts to view the site and I got an error telling me it couldn't find one file and skipped it to continue installing fonts. HELP!

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 00:41:44 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use Mozilla and forget about Internet Explorer. Version 1.0RC1 is rock-solid and it displays about any language perfectly right, including Japanese, as in case of TMPG. About your problem in TMPG: Try setting your Win installation to English(US). Just an idea, maybe it works. I've got WinXP US Pro OEM installed and TMPGEnc works great!

Greetings from Germany
Hans Schmucker

Minion  2002-05-06 02:34:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That message comeing in to the site to download language characters .I just click "cancell" and go in anyway no problems ,with english anyway.......

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 03:00:45 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the boxes in mind... coz windows shows them if there is no char with that ANSI code. Asuming he has a win installation with some sort of latin installed, this would mean TMPGEnc somehow switched to japanese, which his system is not capable of showing.

About selecting another language:
The menu at the top should contain three groups of boxes. When English is chosen they read:

File Option Help

choose the boxes in the middle(Option)

Now a menu like this pops up, you will see only boxes but that's all right

Environmental Settings
----------------------
Language >
Preview option >
Task priority >
----------------------
Display encode log Ctrl+L

Just choose the second line (Language) then, in the menu that pops up, choose the line in the middle. This will set TMPGEnc to English(US) and let you see the menues properly (after restarting TMPG).

peechee6  2002-05-06 23:42:40 ( ID:zgaknvbolgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just use Mozilla and forget about Internet Explorer. Version 1.0RC1 is rock-solid and it displays about any language perfectly right, including Japanese, as in case of TMPG. About your problem in TMPG: Try setting your Win installation to English(US). Just an idea, maybe it works. I've got WinXP US Pro OEM installed and TMPGEnc works great!
>
>Greetings from Germany
>Hans Schmucker

What is Mozilla and how do I use it? I went to the website and there were no download links. Help!!

Question - AVI file opening problem No.20658
jl  2002-05-05 22:34:52 ( ID:vn45lxqdoyo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is wmv1 compression supported in TMPGEnc? I cannot open the avi file with an error message indicating the format is not supported. I also tried changing the VFAPI setting but to no avail. Any suggestions and ideas. Thanks.

Minion  2002-05-05 23:19:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wmv isn"t really supported,there has been some success with wmv of you re-name it to asf,or you can encode the wmv to avi with asf tools....but I have no idea why you are getting the "can not open" error, try raising the "avi compatibility reader" or the "open dml file reader" but this only seems to work with dv files......make sure you have the right codecs....

Hans Schmucker  2002-05-06 00:44:30 ( ID:i6uckgzkuhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you want to get a VirtualDub version 1.3 or earlier. This way you can save an ASF to AVI without recompressing it. Maybe it works for WMV to. Just an idea...

Greetings from Germany
Hans Schmucker

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.