TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 589 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question help!!! H()()D 2 2002-05-10 14:03:51
Question TMPGEnc - cannot get to Unzip using WinZip or WinRAr Rita 1 2002-05-08 01:15:47
Question Color messes up WhiTeRuM 1 2002-05-07 06:11:21
Question Encoding in Transport Stream? Denntra 4 2002-05-11 19:22:29
Question No picture, no sound pc22575 1 2002-05-08 01:21:18
Question svcd to vcd, the resolution Ungenant 3 2002-05-08 01:40:57
Question I need help converting AVI(Divx) to MPEG for VideoCD Celicagray 4 2002-05-07 15:22:22
Question new version doesnt seem to report bad audio Mark 1 2002-05-07 01:16:03
Question Help Converting AVI to Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 orthadox 1 2002-05-07 01:05:28
Question Problem with a .dll WENUS 2 2002-05-12 02:42:57
Question I can't listen the film after encoding with tmpgenc! Albert 1 2002-05-07 00:54:08
Free talk If you had to choose between mpeg1 and mpeg2 M.Bastian 3 2002-05-08 08:26:42

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 589 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - help!!! No.20772
H()()D  2002-05-07 04:10:33 ( ID:d.s4fbg4bfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded a a 6.5 gig(131 minutes) avi file at 1000 kbps cbr and 500 kbps cbr
both times the mpeg 1 file came out to be 908 megs?
This is impossible isnt it.
Is something not getting unlocked in TMPG.
What am I doing wrong.
somebody please help me.
I am not sure but this problem only seemed to occur after I got the 1 month to try warning after I tried mpeg 2 encoding.

Minion  2002-05-07 04:19:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a minimum amount of bitrate you can use to make a mpeg file the minimum average is about 1000kbs ,it can go lower for second when the bitrate dips, but you can"t expect the encoder to do the imposible ,and it is impossible to make a image when there isn"t enough data alocated to make the image.Even if you put the bitrate at "0" you would have the same file size...

ASHY  2002-05-10 14:03:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem lies in the fact you are created a standard VCD.
Standrad VCD requires the bitrate to be 1150 or 1125.
If you try to lower the bitrate padding will be added by the encoder to make it 1150.
The solution is to choose MPEG1 video cd (non standard) under the 'system' tab in 'setting'

ASHY

Question - TMPGEnc - cannot get to Unzip using WinZip or WinRAr No.20770
Rita  2002-05-07 03:52:18 ( ID:n9ypvj19eej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to download this and I am not new to computers - worked in an IS department for over 10 years. I have tried to unzip this file using WinZip - get the message no archive - I then tried Winrar and I get the message that the file is corrupt. I have downloaded it many times but every time I get the same thing. I am stuck at this point so if anyone can please help me I would appreciate it!!

Thanks,
Rita
annietn34@tds.net

Gant  2002-05-08 01:15:47 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do u use any download manager? Or just plain windows iexplorer?

If you're using windows iexplorer.. it might be its fault, because whjat probably happened was that u got a time out or some other error on the first tiem and iexplorer keeps the information on cache... and when you tyry to download the file again it will only download to that exact point it failled last tiem, so you'll porbably never be able to download the file with iexplorer... IMHO it sucks. : You have the clear the cache or flush cache or something like that on iexplorer... and delete all files in the temp internet files folder.. i think it has some kind of option to it... u must know it if your into computers... and then try again. :)

But my real advice is the folowing... get yourself a download manager, like jetcar, gozila, getright or anyother u like best... use them to download the files from internet cause the iexplorer is the worst thing ever made... well not the worst... ist good for brownsing, but not as a download manager...

Or you could upgrade to Linux and use any of the outstanding brownsers available ;)

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - Color messes up No.20768
WhiTeRuM  2002-05-07 03:05:20 ( ID:npkbay9e7ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i rip a movie with the program.. the color turns pinkish, then back to normal.. then does this every 5 seconds in the film.. i have tried about 10 diff. video codecs and tooken all of them off, and put dif ones back on.. and i tried to lower the direct show in enviornmental settings... does anybody know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Minion  2002-05-07 06:11:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing I ever heard of that can cause this is a codec pack called "Angel potion" and maybe haveing your "direct show" filter to high,you can try checking the top box on the "quantize matrix" tab, the "out put to yuv not ccir601" it seems to change the color out put ,and you can try some of the color filters.......hope you figure it out....

Question - Encoding in Transport Stream? No.20763
Denntra  2002-05-07 02:49:42 ( ID:qmiiim0asl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I use this program to make a "Transport" Stream?

Minion  2002-05-07 04:29:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This program makes "system streams" and "elementry streams".But I think you can turn the streams into transport streams with another program.....

Gant  2002-05-08 01:17:45 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

which program do u guys use to transport stream?

i would like some advice on this matter, please!

Thanks in advanced.

Matta ne.

Gant

ASHY  2002-05-09 18:56:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A good program to use and apparantly creates the most accurate transport streams regarding MPEG specifications is DVMPEG from Darim software.

I would use TMPG or CCE to encode then use this program to multiplex to a transport stream.

http://www.darvision.com/product/dvmpeg.html

ASHY

Gant  2002-05-11 19:22:29 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WoW... i really know this program... but never thought of it for that use... thnaks a lot for the help ASHY... u tha Man ^_^

Matta ne.

Question - No picture, no sound No.20761
pc22575  2002-05-07 02:26:01 ( ID:6madpwj8ggn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased TMPGEncPlus and installed it. I tried to process a short sample of a movie to make sure everything worked fine, which it did. (About thirty seconds.) But, when I tried to process the entire film, I now get no sound nor picture. I had this same trouble with the demo version and I was sent the m2v_vfp-0.4.6 codec which I ran (with no knowledge of its settings) and still reveived the 'connot load this file' message in the vfapi tab of the environmental settings option. I would appreciate any help on this matter, because I know TMPGEnc works and it works very well! I just need some assistance it reaching that point once again. Thank You very much for your time and consideration!

Gant  2002-05-08 01:21:18 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

have u got the register vfapi plugin option checked?

There's not much more i can say here... one more thing if you ahve the virtualdub aviserver installed it will disable vfapi and making it not work... so just unregister the virtualdub frameserver and see if the problem is solved.

O ther frameserving programs might also be making some sork of incompatibility with vfapi... they all work "direct show filter" like... so they might mess up eachother ;)

Hope this helps.

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - svcd to vcd, the resolution No.20757
Ungenant  2002-05-07 01:38:02 ( ID:rb8heaeum52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a svcd to avi - vid only and changed the bitrate from 25 to 23.97. Now I have a seperate audio and vid file and I'm using tmpgenc to encode them to a vcd. The sound matches perfectly w/ the vid, but when I set the resolution to 352x240 the quality goes down alot...but when I do fullscreen the vid takes up the whole screen(how i want it). So when I increase the resolution to like 576x480 the quality is good again but when I view it in fullscreen the vid is not the full screen. Still when I do that the quality is not the same as the original svcd, I but I guess thats b/c svcd is better quality. Any help would be appreciated.
thx

Minion  2002-05-07 04:36:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mean you converted the frame rate?any way under the video arange method choose center screen custom size and put in the original resolution of your movie before you encoded it and you should have the original looking frame size....

Ungenant  2002-05-07 22:16:13 ( ID:cvfsd0mg4sk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I put the original framerate in, but the vcd file that I get has lost all of the quality...that is the video looks very bad, the reason I put in a higher resolution was so I could keep the quality of the video

Gant  2002-05-08 01:40:57 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First: Why svcd -> avi -> vcd and not SVCD -> vcd?

Second... if you want standar vcd... then u must use 320*240 for Pal and 352*288 for NTSC... if you wnat to keep the original quality just leave it in SVCD, while svcd is 480*480 for NTSC and 480*576 for Pal yes... 480*576 and not the other way arround...

3rd: why 25 to 23.976?

And u can actually keep a very close quality to the original svcd... just use mustypass in CCE to do the VCD... yes there is a version out ther that suports multipass in mpeg 1.

More than this i cant say... one more thing... which player did u use to play the vcd? use only a (s)vcd/dvd compatible player to play the created streams... if u sdont do that the resolution will be all wrong.. like 480*480 should actually be displayed in a 4*3 format... but in players like Windows Media Player 6.4 it will read the header and display 1*1 that is 480*480... and it will look bad... except in full screat that with the mpeg2 codec installed it will show OK.

Hope this helps... if not, just replay with the answer to my questions and i'll try harder.

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - I need help converting AVI(Divx) to MPEG for VideoCD No.20752
Celicagray  2002-05-07 01:17:45 ( ID:ihq5avwalfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to convert AVI (Divx) to MPEG for VCD. How do I do it? I am new so I would appreciate it if you tell me step by step. Also, is there a good site where I can learn how to do these things by reading? Thanks.

Minion  2002-05-07 04:12:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are many tutorials at http://www.vcdhelp.com there are many ways to do it and there is a good place to read and learn.....

Celicagray  2002-05-07 08:05:32 ( ID:ihq5avwalfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

other than downloading divx 3.11 and degrading windows media etc, is there a way to convert the file to mpeg using TMPGenc? By simply changing numbers....

Minion  2002-05-07 11:09:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that is what "tmpgenc" is for ,but what do you mean encodeing to mpeg by simply changeing numbers,....You can"t tell someone how to make a mpeg from scratch in a forum like this, there are so many different veriables that dictate how to do the settings for example:your file format, codec ,frame size , frame rate, audio format of your file.Thes are just a few of the things you have to know before you can think about makeing a mpeg..So go read some of the tutorials at the site in the above post and learn how to do it,and play around with the program you will probably figure it out yourself.....

kingsley  2002-05-07 15:22:22 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's a thought: download the XVCD sample at the above site (vcdhelp) and first convert THAT to VCD standard.
THat will get you started.

THen when you convert your AVI's to mpeg-vcd standard, and you have a problem, you will be able to understand a little better what is going on.

THe most common questions here seem to be when the sound or video vanishes on a conversion, from AVI's. So load your AVI by browsing from the front of TMPGEnc and choose to load the VCD standard template, and press start and let it run for 10 minutes and stop it. Close the program and watch your new mpeg and see if you like it.

PS Nothing is really simple when you are learning these media files. Read the help lesson on converting Dazzle to VCD with TMPGEnc at vcdhelp, that's a good one, and you can learn from it.
k

Question - new version doesnt seem to report bad audio No.20750
Mark  2002-05-07 01:10:26 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The new version does not seem to report a poor audio input file? Is this a bug or is it a bad setting on my behalf

I had encoded and burned a movie file only to find no audio? Then I opened it in an older version 2.02.31.119 this version gives the error "an error occurred when audio was decoded" whereas the latest version reports nothing and merely creates a file with no audio

Minion  2002-05-07 01:16:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tmpgenc isn"t even supposed to load incompatable audio files but it still does sometimes especialy if the audio and video are in the same file...I guess you just got to be carefull what kind of audio you use in your avi files....

Question - Help Converting AVI to Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 No.20748
orthadox  2002-05-07 00:56:48 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please can some1 help.
I can convert an AVI to mpg ok, basically by selecting Load,then one of the options.Firstly i uncompress the avi file, then select a standard Videocd(pal) setting.When the film finishes and i play it through 1)hardware mpeg card 2)Winmedia player or 3) a software dvd player. The quality and sound are fine. But the stream motion does not run right, it freezes for a ms ever 1 or 2 seconds causing a jump in the picture as the film is running.
Has any1 else had these problems and what setting should i be changing to remove this fault.

Thanks in Advance.

Minion  2002-05-07 01:05:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You get this problem sometimes when you encode your avi to mpeg to a different frame rate from each other,I am actually experienceing the same thing right now trying to encode a 15fps avi to a 29.97fps mpeg,and it just stops and starts every half second,so check what the frame rate of your avi file because the ntsc-vcd templates encode at 29.97fps and could make yor avi jump if it isn"t 29.97fps too....

Question - Problem with a .dll No.20745
WENUS  2002-05-07 00:18:29 ( ID:whp51ipmeuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to take a mpeg that isn't video Cd compliant and make it Video CD compliant in doing so I got an eror right when I tried to start it saying "Can't load "P3Package.dll"" Any help would be apreciated.
Thank you,
WENUS

Minion  2002-05-07 00:49:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To get rid of the "p3p package "error ,go into your "tmpgenc" folder and there should be a file called "p3p package.dll" copy and paste that file into your "system" and "system32" folder this should get it to work....

Rick Miller  2002-05-12 02:42:57 ( ID:i1ycumbwsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help me in finding the System or system32 folder.

thanks
Rick Miller

Question - I can't listen the film after encoding with tmpgenc! No.20743
Albert  2002-05-07 00:01:07 ( ID:vu6do2ezpbw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, my problem is that after codify a film I can see the images (video) but i can't listen the sound (audio)
I don't know why? could you help me,please?

Thanks for your attention!

Albert

Minion  2002-05-07 00:54:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few things that it could be,I"t could be that the audio in your avi file isn"t compatable with"tmpgenc" check your avi file and see what your audio format is and post it back and maybe we can fix yer problem,and your audio has to be encoded to 41000hz for it to play on your dvd player....

Free talk - If you had to choose between mpeg1 and mpeg2 No.20739
M.Bastian  2002-05-06 23:35:05 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im just playing around with different more or less weird VCD settings.
Out of curiosity I made an quasi VCD template with mpeg2 VBR instead of mpeg1.
Since an mpeg2 template cant be forced to VCD nonstandard I abused the Mpeg Tools Merge&Cut feature to change the Type to VCD (nonstandard) afterwards. Suprise suprise! My Yamakawa DVD Player plays that beast without a hitch.

I did a fast test with the following settings
Standard VCD PAL resolution
2Pass VBR(Plus Version) 550/1200/1750 padding enabled
VBV buffer: 40
Motion search precision: Highest Quality
Soften block noise enabled
No motion search for half pixels disabled

As a test scene I used frame 13200 to 14700(1 minute) of the Starship Troopers Region 2 DVD(first ~30 secs mostly still scenes and the rest the Football Match with lots of fast action scenes.)

I might be wrong but with mpeg2 I see slightly more 'big' macroblocks even in still scenes but slightly less 'tiny' blocks compared to mpeg1. I recon I have to redo these tests without soften block noise and with a lower bitrate to get an better comparison sometime in the next few days. Theoreticaly mpeg2 should bring the same quality as mpeg1 with lower bitrates. Anyone has more input/suggestions?

gnight

M. Bastian

Gant  2002-05-08 01:47:47 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the fact that your dvd player plays it is normal... some dvd players play noin standartr formats... some can even play mpeg4 iso ;) Or even 48Khz sound.. ene though its not standart :\nBut most players wont play it.

Matta ne.

Gant

M.Bastian  2002-05-08 07:48:49 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An standalone player that can handle mpeg4????? Man dont tease us! Say which player can that. =)

/me readys his wallet

Btw. I made a few more tests and I nearly convinced that mpeg1 compard to mpeg2 looks different but not better at all at same bitrate and resolution.

Gant  2002-05-08 08:26:42 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm not teasing u guys... its actually true... just look arround and i'm sure you'll find the info i'm talking abuot... actually its quite simple... there are those that play mp3 and other crap... so mpeg4 iso is just another standar... dont expect it to play divx4 nor divx5... it'll play xvid and opendivx though :)
Also wmv7 is mpeg4 iso. :)

So just wait for this to get standartaised... and you'll be able to load your divx int oyou standalone :)

Matta ne.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.