Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 11 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TMSR5 latest update won't install - no clue why benoitm 6 2020-10-13 02:13:23
Question TVMW7 Constant bit rate for Slideshow output Rowan 1 2020-08-24 23:11:03
Question TAW6 Transfer licence to new computer? Mark Appleton 1 2020-08-24 07:56:51
Question TVMW7 TVMW7 not support DTS sound/audio? Bullhead 1 2021-01-25 21:29:11
Question TVMW7 Video Stuttering Ghastor 0 2020-08-02 23:28:00
Question TVMW7 Timecode Burn-in - Can I do it on TMPGEnc ? media@tvscreen.com 0 2020-07-22 20:22:46
Question TVMW7 Convert HDR to SDR - color problem. Bullhead 6 2022-01-21 19:59:22
Request TAW6 Problem First Play JNPSTUDIO 0 2020-07-10 21:08:38
Question TAW6 Projects no longer outputting to full screen? cgmiterko 1 2020-07-14 05:15:29
Question TVMW7 TVMW7 and 2 (or more) audio tracks (NOT BILINGUAL) Bullhead 2 2020-07-19 18:29:31
Question TAW6 Dual layer ISO error Eric 2 2020-09-02 23:37:58
Request TVMW7 Set clip split points when in Filters view mikemcc 0 2020-06-25 17:00:34

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 11 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TMSR5 - latest update won't install - no clue why No.71596
benoitm  2020-08-31 21:51:07 ( ID:bqo2o.1l24f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am a happy TMSR5 user since many years.
I have 5.0.22.28 fully licensed up and running on my Win10/1903 machine.
When I run the 5.2.23.29 installer, I get a "The specified acccount already exists" message, then the installation rolls back & aborts.

I have no clue....Any idea ???

The A/V on this machine is Windows' built-in Windows Security

benoitm  2020-09-08 21:05:22 ( ID:bqo2o.1l24f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear TMPGEnc,

Please answer this question !
I tried to fill a Support request, but when validating the questionnaire, I allways get "CUDA function has not been entered."

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACH YOU NOW TO GET SUPPORT !
I AM A RETURNING PAYING CUTOMER !!!

Jacques  Home )  2020-09-09 00:19:07 ( ID:hhpsbva1z9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Same problem here. The update ends with the same error message.

WorBry  2020-09-26 10:58:54 ( ID:uzrozo6zhl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having exactly the same issue. You'd think they would have fixed it by now.

WorBry  2020-10-01 12:16:38 ( ID:uzrozo6zhl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've reported the issue to Technical Support.

WorBry  2020-10-01 23:42:53 ( ID:uzrozo6zhl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, this was the response from Technical Support:

"The error "The specified account already exists" occurred during installation or uninstallation.

If the error happens, some functions of the Windows installer may not work properly.

Please try the following troubleshooting tool provided by Microsoft.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

If the above download link is not available, please download it from the following link.
https://download1.pegasys-inc.com/download_files//MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab"

What worked for me was running the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab file from the second download link. It scans for problems and then asks 'Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a problem ?'. I chose 'uninstalling'. It then checks the registry and gives a list of programs to choose from. Select TMPGenc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 on the list. It then asks 'Uninstall and clean-up ?'. Select 'Yes, try uninstall'. It then fixed the problem and I was able to install version 5.2.23.29 successfully.

Hope that helps others.

benoitm  2020-10-13 02:13:23 ( ID:bqo2o.1l24f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@WorBry

That worked for me too, thanks for sharing !

Question - TVMW7 - Constant bit rate for Slideshow output No.71581
Rowan  2020-08-24 00:49:53 ( ID:ny5j87/ow0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to generate a slideshow using a constant bitrate. So far I have not been able to get that to work. I have tried to generate mp4 (H.264/AVC), mpeg2 and a few other types and always set the "Rate Control Mode" to "CBR (Constant Bitrate)". When I inspect the output file the bitrate is always variable and is not constant.

Is this a bug or am I missing some other option?

bullhead  2020-08-24 23:11:03 ( ID:ihigapn18/2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For me works? Now a check this:

Video Mastering Works 7 settings:
Generic format: MP4
Stream Format: H.264/AVC
Video Encoder: x264 ...=CPU
Rate Control Mode: CBR <---------------------

MediaInfo on output file:
General
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/isom/avc1)
File size : 767 KiB
Duration : 8 s 91 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Constant <---------------------
Overall bit rate : 777 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2020-08-24 15:08:08
Tagged date : UTC 2020-08-24 15:08:08
Writing application : TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 Version 7.0.15.17

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings : CABAC / 7 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 7 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 8 s 91 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant <---------------------
Bit rate : 458 kb/s

Question - TAW6 - Transfer licence to new computer? No.71579
Mark Appleton  2020-08-18 01:53:50 ( ID:.utir7ul0yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am about to build a new computer and would like to transfer my Authoring Works 6 licence from my old computer to it - is there a way to do this?

Many thanks,

Mark A.

Derek Carpenter  2020-08-24 07:56:51 ( ID:abel8foeffl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As I understand it this is allowed under the licence.
Just make sure you have your valid key details, save any projects/templates etc. that you want to keep then uninstall it from your old computer.
Do a clean install on your new machine and using your licence code it should connect to the internet and activate it on your new machine.
Just make sure your old machine does not also try to re-activate it.

See here: https://ssl.pegasys-inc.com/webapp/faq/detail/lang/en/FaqID/39/product/238

Question - TVMW7 - TVMW7 not support DTS sound/audio? No.71571
Bullhead  2020-08-11 09:33:18 ( ID:ihigapn18/2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I open in TVMW7 MKV with DTS, video ok, but audio tracks not show. TVMW7 not support DTS? Really?

Freeware Avidemux support DTS...
Freeware HandBrake support DTS...
Freeware MeGUI support DTS...

?

Persen  2021-01-25 21:29:11 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just download and install LAV Filters from Videohelp.

Then in TMPGEnc go this path: Preferences => Input/Output Format List => File Reader Setting
Here de-select all, accept MPEG File Reader and DirectShow File Reader

Then you get import support for even DTS-HD Master and Dolby Atmos.

Those free tools you mention, use the very same open source DirectShow filters as LAV Filters are delivered with.

If Pegasys had to pay for the actual codecs from Dolby and DTS, then you can count on that the TMPGEnc softwares would be at least 6 times more expensive, which is rediculous when you can use DirectShow filter packages like LAV Filters instead.

Question - TVMW7 - Video Stuttering No.71562
Ghastor  2020-08-02 23:28:00 ( ID:m8uuj/m7sp6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
Original version from mastering works 5, 6, and 7, not trial.
Some video output have some stuttering problem.

I've tested with "For a Few Dollars More" bluray input.
original bluray have vc1 codec, my output is hevc and avc (x265 and x264 respectively).

Question - TVMW7 - Timecode Burn-in - Can I do it on TMPGEnc ? No.71550
media@tvscreen.com  Home )  2020-07-22 20:22:46 ( ID:zx5ffbqz2af )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I do Timecode Burn-in from the original recording TC?

I tried it using the proper settings under Titles>Subtitles and it just creates source TC from "0". What might I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Question - TVMW7 - Convert HDR to SDR - color problem. No.71547
Bullhead  2020-07-19 18:39:55 ( ID:ofa1wh4jsk6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TVMW7 - convert HDR source to any output SDR format - no problem. BUT. Colors. Default change ColorProfile not correctly recompute colorspace. Colors in SDR video from HDR source is faded. I tested "Color Correction" filter, but any setting not correctly set SDR color.

Is any possibility correctly recompute colors when convert HDR source do SDR destination in TVME7?

thanks for info
B.

Bullhead  2020-08-11 09:27:06 ( ID:ihigapn18/2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How my fault!:-) In EDIT page is needed use COLOR MANAGMENT page, and then in FORMAT page COLOR PROFILE page. Eee on two places same information/settings but OK. Colors after HDR to SDR conversion is "aggressive", but i test TONE MAPPING.

= all is ok:-)

Bullhead  2020-08-15 18:41:49 ( ID:ihigapn18/2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After many many days of experiments and many many days of encoding - HDR to SDR conversion in TVMW7 not work corretly/very bad implementation. Colors always "burn out". I check HDR source (2160p and 1080p) on HDR display, SDR source (2160p and 1080p) on SDR/HDR display and compare with reencoded HDR to SDR in TVMW7 (2160p and too 1080p) - colors always "unreal" and brightness to high (always). Small details destroyed. Yes i check many combinations of WorkingColorSpace, ToneMapping and Maximum Luminance, combinations of input Working Color Space (primaries and transfer) and Color profile - nothing correct this. And filter "Color Correction" too useless.

Result:
TVMW7 encoding HDR do SDR - Perfect
TVMW7 encoding SDR to SDR - Perfect
TVMW7 encoding HDR to SDR - Inapplicable:-(

Bullhead  2020-08-16 00:14:44 ( ID:ihigapn18/2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...correction (typing error)

Result:
TVMW7 encoding HDR do HDR - Perfect
TVMW7 encoding SDR to SDR - Perfect
TVMW7 encoding HDR to SDR - Inapplicable:-(

bullhead  2020-08-24 20:04:45 ( ID:ihigapn18/2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...i check others SW (FFMPEG, RipBoot264 etc.) and result:
- conversion BT2020(HDR) to BT709(SDR) in *ALL(!)* others sw WITHOUT PROBLEM
- conversion BT2020(HDR) to BT709(SDR) in VMW7 just NOT WORK:-(

All other freeware(!) SW corretly transfer colors, in paid VMW7 color
burnt out, detail lost etc.:-(((

B.

p.s. ...example for working conversion:
"c:\Program Files\FFmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "<x>:\<source>" -vf zscale=t=linear:npl=100,format=gbrpf32le,zscale=p=bt709,tonemap=tonemap=hable:desat=0,zscale=t=bt709:m=bt709:r=tv,format=yuv420p -c:v libx265 -crf 18 -preset faster -map 0 -c:a copy "<x>:\<target>"

= first encoding in FFMPEG (convert BT2020 to BT709), second encoding in VMW7 to final format - this is not a long-term solution:-(((

Persen  2021-01-25 21:52:20 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the correct LUT files (.cube) for being able to open and show HDR videos correctly.
I have a source for such a place:
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Info-Guide-for-Working-with-4K-HDR-Blu-ray-Rips-in-SDR/id/74681
In the bottom of that guide, there you can find and download his LUT files.

Those you just download and copy to a folder, example called LUT, at the same place that TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 is installed:
C: => Programs => Pegasys inc

When then wanting to use one of the LUT's, then after opening the video, then under Video Properties, find the word LUT and click on Settings.
Then choose Import File and find the location where you put the LUT's, choose one and then open the LUT.

One specific i just had a lot of success with is the one named: Rec2020ToRec709_CSTCreativeSW
Using that one and making some small adjustments to Contrast, Gamma and Chroma, i was able to create a PERFECT 1080p standard video as MP4 out of HDR versions of WandaVision.

Suggest also saving the adjustments you made to Contrast, Gamma and Chroma as a new template, so you don't have to do these adjustments each time you work with a HDR video.

PFDuke  Home )  2022-01-21 19:59:22 ( ID:ejwbf7n5oea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In my limited experience so far, I find that TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works maps the HDR video to SDR quite well, but with a tendency to burn out the highlights with some tone mapping options.
We have 7 options for tone mapping: Disabled, Hard Clipping, and Soft Clipping at 50%, 60%, 70%, 80% and 90%. I wish I knew exactly what these settings mean, but in practice, with my data, they all give quite similar results, with the Disabled and Hard Clip more inclined to show a blown out white as slightly pink. The 50% Soft Clipping gives the best result and seems to be about optimum for my material. However, it would be nice to have lower values available, such as 40%, in case some scenes needed it. Some control over the shape of the softening curve may also be useful.
A histogram display with the ability to move independently any shadow hump or highlight hump, left or right, along the tone scale axis would be good.
I don’t have anything to show the histogram of HDR video, but it could be that other videos have more pixels in the high-level range, and that may be the reason for Bullhead’s poor experience.
A simple manipulation of the tone mapping curve is of course not the only way to compress dynamic range. A better approach would be some sort of scene analysis that first breaks the picture up into objects, or into shade and well-lit regions, with feathering of the boundaries between them. It seems to me that the Shadow/Highlight adjustment in Adobe software has some elements of this approach. LightMachine is a plugin for Photoshop that certainly does that for images.
As an example to illustrate the limits of simple tone mapping, consider a building with its façade partly in shade and partly in full sun. Let the wall be painted, say, a light brown, with the trim around the doors and windows painted a dark brown, which happens to be the same colour as the part of the wall that is in shade. Now, if you attempt to soften the shadow on the wall by increasing the brightness of all pixels that have the shadowed wall colour, the trim around the doors and windows that are in sunlight will also be lightened erroneously. Lightmachine attempts to solve that problem by identifying large darkish areas as shade and ignoring smaller objects that have the same darkness. It doesn’t do a perfect job of course!

Request - TAW6 - Problem First Play No.71529
JNPSTUDIO  2020-07-10 21:08:38 ( ID:u4619gxuoxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have the same problem as Good Knight and Toussaint:

I did a Blu Ray project with a First Play, and then converted it onto DVD.
Then I created one image discs for each of them.

The Blu Ray image disc is read with VLC and the burned disc is read on my living room deck without any problem.
The First Play is played before the menu appears, which waits for an order.

On the other hand, the DVD image disc is played on VLC, but there is no First Play.
This is the menu that appears directly.

It is the same for the DVD burned and read on my living room deck: No First play, direct menu.

So I’m led to think that many TAW6 users don’t know what First Play is for. Generally, professionals use it as a warning on the prohibition to broadcast a work in a public place, except to expose themselves to legal recourse relating to the royalties for the musical works burned on the media.

For my part, the First Play is used to start my videos with my own logo of amateur videographer.

It’s very “Pro” and makes a big impact on my friends and family.

I contacted Pegasys TAW6 support to explain this problem to them, but it seems that they punted on the issue.

So will we be able to cherish the hope that Pegasys will seriously study this problem?

I hope so because I am convinced that this software is fabulous and that therefore it deserves to be up to what it can do so well elsewhere.

JN

Question - TAW6 - Projects no longer outputting to full screen? No.71527
cgmiterko  2020-07-10 00:36:05 ( ID:a8tlcm94k/j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I've used this product for several years to make compilations of various HDTV files and haven't had a problem. I go to burn my first disc in a while though and suddenly 1920x1080 true HD files are being encoded and output with black bars on both the top and bottom and both sides. These should be able to fill the full screen no problem. I'm not sure why this is occurring as I haven't changed any settings.

tkrave  2020-07-14 05:15:29 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you checked the track settings? You might also want to look at the clip properties to make sure those are correct too.

Question - TVMW7 - TVMW7 and 2 (or more) audio tracks (NOT BILINGUAL) No.71522
Bullhead  2020-07-09 05:40:02 ( ID:ds5wrg5sn/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TVMW7 not support more audio tracks? NOT BILINGUAL. Just simply more audio track - e.g. English DD 5.1 and Japan DD 5.1 in MKV.

Real example:
-------------
- I have 4k MKV movie with English DD 5.1 and Japan DD 5.1
- I need re-encode to 480p MKV (for daughter players) WITH BOTH TRACKS
- In Timeline mode, if I add (layer1) only video, (layer2) audio track 1 and (layer3) audio track 2, TVMW7 “combine” both sound (in both possible output – Timeline output and All track Timeline output)
- in Normal mode I tested may combinations, one possibility is add 3x same movie, in first disable in clip properties audio, in second disable video, in third disable video and switch to second 5.1 channel – after Encode to “Individual clips” TVMW7 create three MKV, in all video and audio, in first video and no functional audio, in second no functional video and functional audio track 1 and in third no functional video and functional audio track 2 – I must merge this in another SW in correct MKV.

Question:
---------
Is possible in TVMW7 simply re-encode video with 2 audio track file to another video with 2 audio track file?

tkrave  2020-07-14 05:25:39 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TVMW7 does not support multiple audio tracks as far as I know. Would be nice though since it's possible with many formats.

Bullhead  2020-07-19 18:29:31 ( ID:ofa1wh4jsk6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for info "tkrave". B.

Question - TAW6 - Dual layer ISO error No.71514
Eric  2020-07-04 04:34:28 ( ID:fma8kb3rwzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After creating a dual layer DVD when I try to creat a doisc image it say it will not work properly with dual layer media?

Carlos Molina  2020-09-02 23:34:25 ( ID:ff5mjde3/u2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. Anybody can help please?

Carlos Molina  2020-09-02 23:37:58 ( ID:ff5mjde3/u2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Internal error: A fatal error occurred (000010eb)

Request - TVMW7 - Set clip split points when in Filters view No.71499
mikemcc  Home )  2020-06-25 17:00:34 ( ID:tzaqww2udtc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A very common requirement is to crop letterboxed wide-screen videos to make them 16:9 full-screen.
First we crop the black from top and bottom.
Then we have to crop left and right to maintain the same aspect ratio and avoid distortion. The amount cropped from left and/or right depends on the content - the most important part of the video is not always in the center.
So the video has to be split into many short clips.
So we slowly play the video in "Filters" view, displaying the output area guide lines, to identify where the cropping has to change.
But to add each clip split point, we have to:
- return to "Cut edit" view
- set the split point
- return to "Filters" view.
So please just display an "set split point" button to the "Filters" screen.
(Resetting split points can be done in "Cut edit" view if that is easier for you)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.