Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 422 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Adjust Default quantize matrix ? jjtommyjj 6 2003-10-02 21:10:03
Question TE25 Any other choice of audio decoder other than Fraunhoffer? SpamUK 4 2003-09-25 21:07:17
Question TE25 Sound delayed in MPEG laci 2 2003-09-25 21:14:02
Question TE25 tmpgenc 2.510 plus going slow pinoy guy 0 2003-09-24 18:16:35
Question TE25 .vob to mpeg2 Peter 1 2003-09-24 21:08:43
Question TE25 Can I make a playable SCVD from 23.97fps AVI? anomaly 7 2003-09-25 21:27:17
Question TDA1 TMPGEnc DVD Author music aaronlbs 1 2003-09-24 08:51:16
Question TE25 avi to mpeg (vcd format setting) ruel 1 2003-09-24 05:08:49
Question TE25 TMPGEnc stops at 50% frameserving from Premiere 6.5 dstrege8 2 2003-09-26 03:19:54
Question TE25 How good is TMPGEnc's auto-detect GOP? KSmut 4 2003-09-25 22:06:32
Request TDA1 DVD+VR Feature jaebird 0 2003-09-23 19:59:12
Question TE25 InterVideo WinDVR TV softw.! How can I open its mpeg-2 file format? Peter S 1 2003-09-23 21:20:01

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 422 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Adjust Default quantize matrix ? No.39177
jjtommyjj  2003-09-24 21:15:35 ( ID:ulhatazyaxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to edit the "default" quantize matrix in TMPGENC. I know that you can put a different matrix (Mpeg Standard,CG/Animation) but that won't work for me.

Here is why.
I am using a great program called Memories to TV to make a slide show on DVD. In the options you can use the TMPGENC executable to do the Mpeg-2 rendering. But you don't get a chance to adjust the settings because the Memories on TV frameserves to TMPGENC so it just opens up TMPGENC once it is time to start encoding and everything is at default. So I need to change the default.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Tom

Minion  2003-09-24 21:25:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Makeing a Template with your Own settings and your Own matrix and Leave this template loaded, so when the Program starts Tmpgenc the Template should allready be loaded...Just a Thought But I don"t know if it will work....Good Luck

jjtommyjj  2003-09-24 23:28:14 ( ID:ulhatazyaxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion - I tried that but it keeps loading the "default" template.

Minion  2003-09-25 01:06:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well i don"t know if I can help you here....Sory

yeppie  2003-09-25 11:49:28 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Perhaps open Tmpgenc and do your settings you want. Then save current project as default... ;O)

ashy  2003-09-25 21:01:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If Yeppies suggestion doesn't work then I'm guessing the problem here is that the program you are using is simply loading a template, either one of it's own or one of the TMPG default templates.
You should be able to see which template is loaded at the bottom of the TMPG main screen.
If it's a TMPG template then simply load this template and change the settings then resave it making sure you don't change the name.

Another option is to just stop TMPG when it begins encoding then just change the settings you want to change or load the matrix you want to load then simply restart TMPG encoding.
Nothing should have changed except the settings you have altered.

jtommyj  2003-10-02 21:10:03 ( ID:thynbih/j5j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the replies. I will try them out.

Tom

Question - TE25 - Any other choice of audio decoder other than Fraunhoffer? No.39172
SpamUK  2003-09-24 19:13:18 ( ID:ivbzynipya2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Been using TMPGenc for the last ferw days but keep getting write errors occur when its part way through the video file. Looking at the avi through GSpot tells me that the audio codec is:

Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (advanced)
C:WINNTsystem32l3codeca.acm
File Version 1, 9, 0, 0305

Is there any other codec i can install that will convert Mpeg audio in TMPGenc or do i just have a bugged version of this one. Any links to other codecs i can install would be appreciated :)

Minion  2003-09-24 21:21:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You would be better off doing what most poeple do which is they Use something like "Virtual Dub" to extract the audio from the AVI file to Wav format then use the Wav file in tmpgenc as the Audio source...Tmpgenc handles Wav audio better than other Audio formats and Tmpgenc doesn"t support VBR Mp3 so if your AVI file uses VBR Mp3 you will have Problems....

yeppie  2003-09-25 11:47:06 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Perhaps open Tmpgenc and do your settings you want. Then save current project as default... ;O)

yeppie  2003-09-25 11:48:49 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry wrong topic

-----DETELE-----

ashy  2003-09-25 21:07:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What makes you think your write errors are related to the Fraunhofer audio decoder?
Besides the audio decoder is your choice of install, if you want a different one such as the Lame codec just remove the Fraunhofer codec and install another.

Question - TE25 - Sound delayed in MPEG No.39169
laci  2003-09-24 19:03:14 ( ID:cwtdvewpj6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a DV-PAL AVI file which I converted to NTSC MPEG2 (to burn on a DVD). The image is excellent, but the sound is delayed (a lot). I think that the sound is not delayed at the beginning, but the delay gets more and more as the movie approaches the end.
My feeling is that when the PAL framerate was converted to NTSC (25 to 29.97), the sound was left unchanged.
Is there a way to correct this?

Minion  2003-09-24 21:18:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know were you got the Idea that you can convert Pal to NTSC in Tmpgenc???? Tmpgenc can not Do Proper Frame rate conversions, You will get Sync Problems and you will get Jumpy Playback on your DVD player, Tmpgenc has Never Properly converted Pal/NTSC, so what you have to do is Find something else to do the Conversion becides Tmpgenc...There are Many Different Methods for Converting Pal and NTSC, One is to use AVISynth to convert the Frame rate but that is a Little Complicated if you have never used AVISynth...The Method I use is I use a High end Video editor like "Premier Pro" or "Vegas Video 4" to convert my source File to a NTSC AVI file useing the HuffyUV Codec then just encode the new AVI file to Mpeg like normal....Other Methods Involve changeing the Frame rate of the AVI file then Stretching/Shrinking the Audio so that it matches the length of the Video File with the new Frame rate...Either way there are Lots of Different methods but none of them involve Tmpgenc converting the Frame rate.....Good Luck

ashy  2003-09-25 21:14:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is the correct method:

Download Goldwave 5 and AVIfrate here: http://www.goldwave.com/gwave505.exe
http://www.am-softhome.com/avifrate.zip

1. Load the AVI into AVIfrate then change the frame rate to 23.976 fps then apply it. Note the length in seconds and write it down somewhere.

2. Start goldwave and load your AVI
(If your AVI contains Ac3 audio, as many do, then you will need to install this filter http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/ )

3. Go to Effect>Timewarp, make sure the Algorithm is set to 'Rate' then select length and type in the exact figure you got from AVIfrate then click OK.

4. When done click File>Save as and save as a PCM, 16 bit, stereo wav

5. Now load the AVI and the wav in to TMPG and encode as normal.

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc 2.510 plus going slow No.39168
pinoy guy  2003-09-24 18:16:35 ( ID:tywj7sv3op. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i was wondering why it will take me 14hrs to convert a 173mb divx video(1hr and 30mins long) to mpeg? the output will be 800mb, while it only took me a little over half an hour to convert a 256mb divx video (55mins long) to a 550mb mpeg.
all are in default settings, setting to fastest motion(lowest quality) on motion search precision doesn't help.

my specs: athlon 2600+, 8rda+, 512mb ddr400, 80gb 8mb cache, 9700pro, winxp pro

btw the 173mb video is a bangbus video i d/l from kazaa. tnx

Question - TE25 - .vob to mpeg2 No.39166
Peter  2003-09-24 06:39:47 ( ID:z3y/ltmsrxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

.vob to mpeg2

I have so far failed to get the audio accross when converting .vob files to mpeg2 with TMPGEnc. I must have one or more of the settings wrong. PAL 4/3.

Help?

Cheers,

Peter

Minion  2003-09-24 21:08:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because you do NOT encode Vob files with Tmpgenc because Tmpgenc can not read the Audio in Vob files...The Proper Way to encode Vob files with Tmpgenc is to frame serve the File to Tmpgenc useing DVD2AVI....DVD2AVI will seperate and decode the Audio from the Vob file and it will make a D2V Project file which is the Frame server file, You just load the D2v file in for the Video and the decoded Wav audio file in for the Audio then you encode...You NEVER Load Vob files directly into Tmpgenc....there is Probably a More detailed Explanation of how to use DVD2AVI to Properly Back up a DVD to SVCD/VCD/DVD at "http://www.dvdrhelp.com/"

Question - TE25 - Can I make a playable SCVD from 23.97fps AVI? No.39158
anomaly  2003-09-24 04:04:20 ( ID:op0fjbgu4xa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 23.97 fps avi that Im trying to encode as a SVCD compliant mpg2. I used the 3:2 pulldown option, but when I play the encoded movie in my DVD player, the playback is horribly jerky and broken up. All fingers point to a framerate issue according to the symptom. Is this my problem?

Minion  2003-09-24 05:13:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Best method would be to encode it to a 23.97fps Mpeg2 file then use a Program called "DoPulldown" or "Pulldown.exe" to add the 3:2 Pulldown flags to the File which will make it a 29.97fps File..I don"t trust tmpgenc"s 3:2 Pulldown as I have had Jumpy playback also when useing it and Sync Problems..Good Luck

anomaly  2003-09-24 06:17:50 ( ID:g9ittpb5xgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the assistance... I downloaded the program, however it wants an MPEG Program Stream file (.mpv). Can I get tmpg to output this type of file with both audio and video?

B_Racer  2003-09-24 08:49:10 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPV is a Video only Format. You can use TMPGEnc (MPEG Tools) to demux Video and Audio. It creates a m2v (Video) and a mp2 File. Just rename the m2v to mpv and the mp2 to mpa. Use pulldown.exe and remux the Files.

Minion  2003-09-24 21:02:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes ..Just go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Demultiplex" and Load in your Mpeg file and click "Run" it will make a seperate audio and Video file, Load the Video file into "Pulldown.exe" Or what i use is "DoPulldown" and add the Pulldown Flags, then take the new Mpeg video file and and the Audio file and Load it into "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Multiplex" then click "run" and it will Join the Audio and Video together..Just remember to choose "Super Video-CD" from the Dropdown Menu when Multiplexing....

anomaly  2003-09-24 21:14:38 ( ID:op0fjbgu4xa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wow, thanks for the tips... just one thing though. Whenever Ive ever tried to multiplex in the "MPEG tools" section of TMPGEnc I end up getting a very jerky and slow playing final product that usually doesnt have any sound at all. I was hoping to skip having to mux any video/audio files. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Minion  2003-09-25 01:15:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the Jerky Motion On your DVD Player or on your PC??? If the File Plays Fine on the PC but jumpy and Jerky on your DVD Player then it is probably something else...jumpy Playback on your DVD Player but fine on your PC is usually do to a Problem with your DVD Player not being able to handle the bitrate you are useing...But if it is Choppy on your PC also When useing real DVD Playing software (Media Player sucks for Mpeg2 files) then I don"t know what the Problem could be.......

ashy  2003-09-25 21:27:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all where did you enable the pulldown option?

The pulldown option under the 'Advanced' tab is NOT the right option.
The right pulldown option is located under the 'Video' tab where it says 'Encode mode'. Select '3:2 pulldown when playback'

>Wow, thanks for the tips... just one thing though. Whenever Ive ever tried to multiplex in the "MPEG tools" section of TMPGEnc I end up getting a very jerky and slow playing final product that usually doesnt have any sound at all. I was hoping to skip having to mux any video/audio files. Has anyone ever experienced this?

The reason why you are getting jerky playback is because you are not selecting the correct stream type when multiplexing. You would also have received a warning about this from your burning software.

You can't just whack the files into the multiplexer and multiplex away, you need to change the 'Type' to whatever your intended output is and seeing as you are creating a SVCD this would be 'MPEG2 Super VideoCD (VBR)'

Question - TDA1 - TMPGEnc DVD Author music No.48775
aaronlbs  2003-09-24 03:28:27 ( ID:wobfv4prffg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there

it`s possible to add our own music to TMPGEnc DVD Author but not video clip sound/music? if possible how to add music in main menu?

thank

B_Racer  2003-09-24 08:51:16 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, you just can use a Video (Motion Menu).

Question - TE25 - avi to mpeg (vcd format setting) No.39156
ruel  2003-09-24 02:12:00 ( ID:pxkttosvevf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone, can i know the settings to convert an AVI file to mpeg format that can be burn in a VCD. Any help will be appreciated. thanks very much.

Minion  2003-09-24 05:08:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you Run Tmpgenc the WiZard will pop up and Guide you through setting up your File to be encoded to VCD....You just follow the Directions..If you are Haveing a particular Problem then Post it ....

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc stops at 50% frameserving from Premiere 6.5 No.39153
dstrege8  2003-09-24 01:09:12 ( ID:svdjnxfjddk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to "frameserve" a 5-minute avi file from Premiere 6.5 to TMPGEnc Plus (latest update). Everything goes fine up until exactly 50%. No matter what settings I use, 50% and it stops and goes black.

Any ideas. In using a P4 2.4GHz, 1 GB RAM, 70GB free HD space. All my background apps and services have been shut down.

Could the fact that I'm trying to do a VBR 2-pass be the problem? It goes through the first time and can't go back for the second pass? Don't know what else to try.

Thanks for the help...

David

Minion  2003-09-24 05:04:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Try not useing the 2-Pass setting, In Tmpgenc you get Just as good results useing the "Constant Quality" setting as you do the "2-Pass" setting..And it is twice as fast...Multi-Pass In Tmpgenc is a Bit of a Joke in this regard...Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes after the First pass before it starts the second Pass so maybe you just didn"t wait long enough, Or Maybe the Premier Video server has Problems with Multi-Pass, I have never used the Video server in premier for Multi-Pass useing Tmpgenc but I have with CCE and didn"t have any problems...If the Clip is only 5 minutes and you got over 70gb empty on your Drive then just render the File as an AVI file and load it directly into Tmpgenc.....Good Luck

dstrege8  2003-09-26 03:19:54 ( ID:svdjnxfjddk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion.

That's what I ended up doing... exporting as avi. I was hoping I could skip this step and serve right to TMPGEnc.

The CBR will be something I will try with this size project. The final size may come into play where I have a much larger project and would use the VBR to help minimize the final file size as much as possible.

Do you have any insight as to how low a bit-rate I could set in CBR and still maintain a reasonably high quality DVD output. (Of course, I can experiment with this myself.) I'm just wondering if you have any knowledge of this upfront?

Thanks again for the quick response.

David

Question - TE25 - How good is TMPGEnc's auto-detect GOP? No.39148
KSmut  2003-09-24 00:47:11 ( ID:smcdppin92j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Pulled a section of movie from a VOB file but donÃÕ have the GOP info. I went through my normal settings and noticed that TMPGEnc can auto-detect the GOPs. More importantly, how good is the auto-detect? Normally, I just load the TmpgTemplate file generated from IFOEdit.

Minion  2003-09-24 01:05:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t know what you are Talking about ...Sory

KSmut  2003-09-24 21:13:31 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

When you go into the "Force Picture Type" settings, there is a button called "Auto-setting". When that is selected, TMPGEnc will go through your source and automatically detect the I frames based on the sensitivity level you select. 0% is the lowest sensitivity setting and 150% is the highest. My question is, how well does TMPGEnc perform the GOP, or in this case, the I frame prediction of the source? Are there other programs that can better detect or read the GOP structure?

KSmut

Minion  2003-09-25 01:42:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the "Force Picture Type" Setting it does not Detect the Gop structure of the File you are encodeing, it is Predicting how it will Encode each frame and were it will Insert I frames upon Detecting a Scene change...So it has nothing to do with the Gop of the Source File ,it has to do with the Gop of the Mpeg file it is or will be encodeing..The Scene change detection isn"t perfect, The Human eye is allways better, and if the Sensitivity is to high it will insert I frames were none are needed so the Default of "100" is probably the best setting...The Gop structure of the File is Up to you but you should stay within the Specifications of the standard or format you are encodeing to..Most poeple don"t even touch these settings cuz you really have to know what you are doing to do it better than Tmpgenc can do it and in most cases changeing the standard GOP will cause more bad than Good...If you have the Plus version of Tmpgenc it has a Help file that explains all about the settings in the Gop tab and what they do....Cheers

ashy  2003-09-25 22:06:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Pulled a section of movie from a VOB file but donÃÕ have the GOP info
What do you mean it doesn't have the GOP info.
This is impossible as it wouldn't be a standard VOB file nor would it play correctly.
What are you using to determine the structure?

I guess what you mean is you don't have the IFO and BUP files.
Demultiplex the VOB with TMPG to seperate the video and audio then use IFOedit's 'DVD author' option to re-author these files as a DVD to create the IFO's and BUP's then just load the new IFO into IFOedit. Now you should be able to create the TMPG frame list.

>When you go into the "Force Picture Type" settings, there is a button called "Auto-setting". When that is selected, TMPGEnc will go through your source and automatically detect the I frames based on the sensitivity level you select. 0% is the lowest sensitivity setting and 150% is the highest. My question is, how well does TMPGEnc perform the GOP, or in this case, the I frame prediction of the source? Are there other programs that can better detect or read the GOP structure?

I suppose you are both correct in a way.
The automatic setting is for detecting scene changes in a source and in reality this should mean that if the source file is encoded properly then all the scene changes should be 'I' frames and therefore TMPG should select to encode each 'I' frame in the source as an 'I' frame in the output.

In my experience TMPG is pretty good at this and it's not worth checking each file by hand just incase TMPG makes one or two mistakes.

Request - TDA1 - DVD+VR Feature No.48774
jaebird  2003-09-23 19:59:12 ( ID:ci2itcl8jag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TDA is the only product that would completely read and edit a DVD+RW video created with a Philips DVDR 985. It would be nice if TDA could "edit on disk" when all I need to do is update the menus.

Great product,

jae

Question - TE25 - InterVideo WinDVR TV softw.! How can I open its mpeg-2 file format? No.39146
Peter S  2003-09-23 18:56:15 ( ID:kfeiwypf8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

[Real-time Best]
Format: MPEG-2
Ljud:
Format: MPEG-1 skikt II
Samplingshastighet: 44.1 kHz 16-bit Stereo
Bithastighet 224 Kbitar/sek
Video:
HçÎtad storlek: 720x576
Ramhastighet: 25.00 ramar/sek
Bithastighet 6400 Kbitar/sek
Totalt:
Bithastighet 6883 Kbitar/sek
Fildelningsstorlek: 4063 MB.
Total inspelningstid : 182 minuter

Minion  2003-09-23 21:20:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You open WinDvr Mpeg2 files the Same as you would any Mpeg2 file..First you have to either have the Proper Mpeg2 decoder installed or be useing the newest Plus version of Tmpgenc cuz it comes with it"s own Mpeg2 decoder, But if you don"t have the newest Plus version then install this: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.38.lzh ...After installing this you should be able to open any Mpeg2 file in tmpgenc....Or you can use DVD2AVI to frame serve the Mpeg2 file.......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.