Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 423 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 How to edit TMPGEnc DVD Author templates tittarini 2 2003-10-15 23:03:12
Question TE25 Audio Settings Sakuya 3 2003-09-23 17:33:51
Question TE25 avi to mpg error message Pincher 2 2003-09-23 23:11:01
Question TE25 avi to mpg error message Pincher 1 2003-09-22 21:21:29
Question TE25 MPEG-2 Grain Loco Peligroso 0 2003-09-22 18:30:18
Question TE25 mpg at higher resolution than 720 Andrelino 1 2003-09-22 21:16:36
Bug report TE25 Dual cpu crash Louie 0 2003-09-22 15:51:35
Request TE25 avi to mpeg karen wilde 2 2003-09-23 04:20:29
Request TDA1 where's the integration? VCDGirl 1 2003-10-04 02:42:21
Request TDA1 Just a little ways to go ... errolsirra 0 2003-09-22 01:42:13
Question TDA1 tmpgenc can't use audio from tmpgenc dvd author? CJ 5 2003-09-28 17:21:12
Question TE25 File *.mpg can not open, or unsupported Horny Bull 1 2003-09-21 17:41:15

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 423 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - How to edit TMPGEnc DVD Author templates No.48771
tittarini  2003-09-23 10:07:54 ( ID:fwnjz6z/f16 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there a way to edit TMPGEnc DVD Author templates, I mean TME files? Can I modify them or place my own graphics like frames and buttons? If not this is really sad and this great tiny authoring tool is useless with its default templates.

B_Racer  2003-09-23 13:02:05 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's not possible yet. Maybe later.

soreros  2003-10-15 23:03:12 ( ID:qtdxck4ibcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just double click on the background then you'll be able to choose a file for a background image...

Question - TE25 - Audio Settings No.39142
Sakuya  2003-09-23 02:59:09 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. My AVI file is in mono and has 192 kbits/sec. I want it to be stereo. Then, I find all these other options. Like "Dual Channel" and "Joint Stereo". What does those do?

Video Guy  2003-09-23 17:11:23 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Stereo: This encodes the left channel sound and the right channel sound separately. So if you encode at a bitrate of 224 the left will get 112 and the right will get 112. Use this at higher bitrates.

Joint Stereo: This takes advantage of the fact that some of the time the left and right channels are the same, so it encodes them together. When they are detected as being different the left and right are encoded separately. You can sort of think of this as a combination mono and stereo. This is very useful at lower bitrates.

Dual Stero: The left and right channels are encoded separately like the stereo above. However, it is usually made up of two mono files. So you could put English in the left and Spanish in the right channel. The player will then play back one of the sides.

Video Guy

Video Guy  2003-09-23 17:19:06 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a mono file there is no way to make into a true stereo file.

Unless you mean the audio is only coming out of one side of the speaker. If this is the case you can use a program like CooldEdit or SoundForge to copy the single channel into the other channel, so now it plays out of both sides of the speakers.

I would also not re-encode that file since it is compressed to 192 and another round of compression would cause a huge loss is sound quality.

Video Guy

ashy  2003-09-23 17:33:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Joint Stereo: This takes advantage of the fact that some of the time the left and right channels are the same, so it encodes them together. When they are detected as being different the left and right are encoded separately. You can sort of think of this as a combination mono and stereo. This is very useful at lower bitrates.

Don't use Joint stereo for audio which has been down mixed to PRO LOGIC as it destroys the channel data required to produce the surround sound effect.

>I would also not re-encode that file since it is compressed to 192 and another round of compression would cause a huge loss is sound quality.

I don't think the sound loss will be huge. There will be a slight loss in quality, but will probably not be noticible as long as the sample rate is the same. In any case there is no choice, but to re-encode unless the format is already MPEG1 layer 2 audio (mp2).

Question - TE25 - avi to mpg error message No.39139
Pincher  2003-09-22 21:39:37 ( ID:v9lfxnkmcwk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using v2.52 and trying to convert a .avi file to a .mpg file, using the Wizard. When I browse to the file in Step2, I get a message saying that the file cannot be opened or is unsupported.

I don't know much about this encoding business, but it *may* be a divx avi file (???)

Any advice on what to do (in simple easy to follow steps) would be appreciated

Minion  2003-09-23 21:23:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you should know the Format of the AVI file cuz how do you know if you have the Correct codecs installed?? If you have the Correct codec installed and you still get the error then close the Wizard and go to "Options" to Enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and Raise the priority to "2"...This should get rid of the error....

Minion  2003-09-23 23:11:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory, that is Raise the "Direct Show" Priority to "2"....

Question - TE25 - avi to mpg error message No.39137
Pincher  2003-09-22 20:13:43 ( ID:v9lfxnkmcwk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using v2.52 and trying to convert a .avi file to a .mpg file, using the Wizard. When I browse to the file in Step2, I get a message saying that the file cannot be opened or is unsupported.

I don't know much about this encoding business, but it *may* be a divx avi file (???)

Any advice on what to do (in simple easy to follow steps) would be appreciated

Minion  2003-09-22 21:21:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As Long as you have the Divx codec installed Properly you should be able to solve this Problem by closeing the Wizard then going to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show" to "2".. This should get rid of the "Unsupported" Error....

Question - TE25 - MPEG-2 Grain No.39136
Loco Peligroso  2003-09-22 18:30:18 ( ID:aotramhyl8o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some DVDs (including some Criterion ones) include a little bit of film grain which doesn't come from the master but from the MPEG2 conversion. Does this program have an option to add grain to AVI files during compression.

If you add grain to the DV file and then compress "normally", the results aren't what you could possibly expect.

Sorry for my poor English and thanks for you help.

Question - TE25 - mpg at higher resolution than 720 No.39134
Andrelino  2003-09-22 16:25:18 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible?

TMPGEnc says illegal window size when I try.

Minion  2003-09-22 21:16:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you Can with the "Plus" Version, But you have to change the profile,I think you have to change it to MP@HL or HP@HL, You can not use these Resolutions for DVD....

Bug report - TE25 - Dual cpu crash No.39133
Louie  2003-09-22 15:51:35 ( ID:fa2eayhvy26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
I been using Tmpgenc for over a year now with no problems. The program worked so well i decided to build a computer running dual MP 2600 amd processors. Thats the problems began.
i will try to be as descriptive as possible with this post so i will not have to repost any answers to my question.

System being used.
MSI motherboard with 2 2600 mp amd processors.
win xp
1gig ram
60 gig HD

the latest problem with this system is at the end of the 2 pass VBR encode process at 100% Tmpgenc crashes. there is a file created and appears to work. however batch encoding is not possible naturally since each encode crashes.
i am encoding dv-1 AND dv-2 avis. just to make sure the typs arent what is causing the problems.
the second problem is sometimes the encoding doesnt even get to 100 % seems to crash at 50% on 2 pass.

Here is what i did.
when using 1 cpu it works fine.
whe ni downgradded my version to a older version (6months ago 2.52. or somthing) it appeared to solve the problem. HOWEVER, now all version are creating problems with dual cpu.
I uninstalled and even removed registry keys as best as i can find.
i reported this bug before and it appeared to have been fixed with the latest version, until recently when i used it.
if this is truley a bug can this issue be adressed in the next version ? if not, does any one ever experiance this problem with dual or single cpu. Seing how i built a computer to take advantage of ual cpu i would very much like to utilise this program thansk afor everyones time.

Request - TE25 - avi to mpeg No.39130
karen wilde  2003-09-22 07:31:16 ( ID:nuqr/042clj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to all this burning movies stuff I have downloaded an avi file now what are the steps and settings i should use so i can burn onto a cd-r using vcdeasy (they suggested your programme for encoding). Is there any step by step instructions i can use. As i am not that computor literate.

Minion  2003-09-23 02:23:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t Know of a Particualr Guide, But there is a Site that has a Lot of Different Guides and has Explanations for most of the Basic Concepts you will Need to Know to get Started..It"s at "http://www.dvdrhelp.com/" ...There is Quite a Bit you will need to Know before you can really understand what you are doing..Like for instance, you will Need to know if you live in Pal land or NTSC Land (NTSC is North America and Japan and Pal is pretty much every were else, NTSC is either 23.98/24fps or 29.97/30fps and Pal is 25fps) and you will need to Know if your AVI file is Pal or NTSC cuz you can"t convert a Pal avi file to NTSC Mpeg or a NTSC AVI File to Pal Mpeg Useing Tmpgenc, and you will Need to Know what Codec your AVI file was encoded with and Have that Codec installed on your PC..You will need to Know what Format you want to Encode to, Do you want to make a VCD or do you want to make a SVCD..This decition would depend on what your DVD Player can Play cuz Not all DVD Players will Play VCD or SVCD and not all Players that Play VCD will Play SVCD..There are also a Whole Host of Different Problems that can Pop up that you will Have to Try to Figure out and the More you know about Digital Video and the Concepts behind digital video the easier it will be to Figure out what you need to do to solve Problems and the Best looking results with your Movie.....Good Luck

karen wilde  2003-09-23 04:20:29 ( ID:nuqr/042clj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx minion for your reply. I have read quite a few questions/answers and suggest to go to a program called g-spot where can i find that program to download.

Request - TDA1 - where's the integration? No.48769
VCDGirl  2003-09-22 07:05:18 ( ID:zeigjxkxgfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How about more integration with TMPGEnc? It's odd to have both progrmas running, when it seems they complement each other so well. Right now I'm doing the video encoding in TMPGEnc (Video Only ES with the low quality DVD template) and converting the audio to PCM with good ole' Windows Sound Recorder (sorry but TMPGEnc sucks at this). The thing is, I don't see why you can't just drop the video into DVD Author and tell it to convert for you using TMPGEnc's template. Seems so obvious a step to me.

jdacunha  2003-10-04 02:42:21 ( ID:y9ffcadnexk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

very interesting question, and even more interesting WHY nobody responded to it.

Request - TDA1 - Just a little ways to go ... No.48768
errolsirra  2003-09-22 01:42:13 ( ID:eaz75ssde5a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TDA has all the important technical details mostly squared away. It's the finer touches that keep this from being a winner. I have used or own most of the sub-$500 DVD authoring tools and they all have their share of problems (most times related to bugs or irritating audio sync problems). I've dabbled in some of the more expensive commercial tools as well but these have a serious learning curve. TDA has the potential to supersede all of these. Here's my and most likely others wish list.

- Be able to insert background music in the menus
- Be able to insert any text in the menus
- Be able to control the size, color, etc. of the track/chapter title text (is there any way to eliminate the shadow??)
- Be able to alter the general menu theme format specifically the auto-Track/Chapter layout and buttons.
- A proper First play track (like production company stuff) that only plays on first insertion and then goes to the main menu (i.e. not part of the play all)
- Menu Transistions (okay that may be a bit much)

The current menu editor is a start but is still too restrictive. Loosen it up and this program will be more than worth it.

Question - TDA1 - tmpgenc can't use audio from tmpgenc dvd author? No.48762
CJ  2003-09-21 16:15:39 ( ID:1v7oj97gndc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, just ran into a bit of a problem that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix (hence why I am here).

Anyway, I have these 2 DVD's that I bought and I want to rip a local MPEG copy that I can watch on my computer from time to time. My computer sound system is better than my home system, so it is sort of a no-brainer for me.

Anyway, the first DVD works fine for me. I use DVD Author to extract the huge 3+ GB mpeg (with PCM audio detected) and then use TMPGENC to make the final much smaller. Awesome.

The second DVD has "Dolby Digital AC3" Audio that DVD Author detects and uses. Now, it also produces an mpeg that is 3+ GB. Fine. I can watch the big mpg and I get audio. Fine. However, TMPGENC doesn't like the audio of the file (meaning when I select the big mpg, it only detects a video file, and leaves the audio option blank).

I thought since both programs were made by the same company, that maybe there is something that I am doing wrong? Should I not be muxing the audio and video together into one file for AC3 audio, and if so how do I correct my error?

Thanks, and if you know the answer feel free to email me as well! Thanks!!!

B_Racer  2003-09-22 14:57:14 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Both programs don't have an AC3-Decoder. If you like to Re-Encode the Audio-Part, you have to use other Tools like BeSweet.

CJ  2003-09-23 00:07:01 ( ID:1v7oj97gndc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, will give it a shot!

caesarkent  2003-09-24 18:28:50 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried using an AC3 file created by BeSweet as an audio source in TDA,
but the resulting DVD has no audio. TDA recognized it as an AC3 file,
and I can play the file in Winamp. Any idea why the resulting DVD from
TDA has no sound? (I've tried it in both my console player and in WinDVD
and PowerDVD---there's never audio.)

Thanks.

caesarkent  2003-09-28 07:22:06 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I tried using an AC3 file created by BeSweet as an audio source in TDA,
>but the resulting DVD has no audio. TDA recognized it as an AC3 file,
>and I can play the file in Winamp. Any idea why the resulting DVD from
>TDA has no sound? (I've tried it in both my console player and in WinDVD
>and PowerDVD---there's never audio.)
>
It must be something specific to the BeSweet AC3 file. I created an
AC3 file using Adobe Encore, and the disc created by TDA played just
fine.

FYI.

LessConfused  2003-09-28 17:21:12 ( ID:wrao9tuo/za )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try ac3fix.exe, run the ac3 file through it to create another one, then use that
This worked for me.

Question - TE25 - File *.mpg can not open, or unsupported No.39128
Horny Bull  2003-09-21 13:24:46 ( ID:bfd2fb4rlkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am attempting to use TMPGenc v2.52 to encode a .mpg file which, when I look in G-spot, says the video src type 'MPEG2_video' audio src 'MPEG1AudioPayload' video path is 'Ligos mpeg splitter - Ligos mpeg video decoder' and audio path is 'Ligos mpeg splitter - Ligos mpeg audio decoder'

The file plays fine on WMP so I assume the codecs are installed but TMPGEnc seems to have a problem with it. I read a similar question and answer on this BBS and it suggested changing the priority of direct show in VFAPI Plugin to 2, but this did not solve the problem.

Has anyone any ideas?

ashy  2003-09-21 17:41:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't have the right codec installed to decode this MPEG. There are a list of compatible ones on the TMPG features page.
The one below is probably the best for TMPG.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.38.lzh

Copy the files into your TMPG folder then follow the instructions for install.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.