Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 982 / 982 ]  
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 TMPGenc don't recognize good .MPG time long Franckr 1 2002-03-22 11:57:14
Question TE25 audio but no video when encoding AVI to MPG1 with TMPGEnc 2.5 Barry Figiel 2 2002-03-23 16:19:33
Free talk TE25 fariii 5 2002-03-17 06:47:46

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 982 / 982 ]  
Bug report - TE25 - TMPGenc don't recognize good .MPG time long No.17055
Franckr  2002-03-21 15:39:54 ( ID:5dqipsy5bm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have some DivX and sometimes i wish convert these video to VCD
to see it on my dvd player

Sometimes i can't convert video because it not recognize real good time
of the video

For example, if i run media player i can see my video is 60 minutes long

When i try to convert after 23 minute for example it display
"Illegal floating decimal point calculation order"

And if i use File/MPEG tools/ Merge&Cut i add my .MPG file and
edit it, i put range to "last" it display 23 minutes too...

So, for this video, i can only convert 23 minutes...

If you could change this...

Else really good product, like panasonic mpeg encoder

Ashy  2002-03-22 11:57:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My advice to you would be to use Virtual dub to frameserve the file to TMPG.
If you need instructions on how to do this the I suggest you look around on this board go here: http://www.vcdhelp.com/virtualdubframeserve.htm

Question - TE25 - audio but no video when encoding AVI to MPG1 with TMPGEnc 2.5 No.17052
Barry Figiel  2002-03-21 15:36:03 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello there!

After scouring this board for clues to help with my problem, it would appear that I am not the only person having trouble with this. I have been trying to use TMPGEnc 2.5 to convert a .avi to a .mpg in order to create a VCD. But no matter what I do, I always get the same result- a .mpg file which, when you run in any standard mpg media player, plays the sound but displays no video.

The particular .avi I've been trying to encode is NTSC (29 f/s). At first, I used the appropriate template and adjusted the source settings accordingly, but to no avail. So I've tried every other template (adjusting the source settings accordingly each time) and I still get the same result.

I have been told that this problem may be due to the fact that I am using Windows XP. Does anyone know if this is true?

If anyone can give me any help with this problem it would be very much appreciated, because I am at my wit's end!!

Cheers,

Barry Figiel

Biff Burns  2002-03-22 17:25:54 ( ID:gkdw.xqsmwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem. I was trying to go from DivX AVI to MPEG. It didn't work with the DivX 5 codec so I "downgraded" to the 3.11 codec and it worked. Maybe there are some problems with DivX 5 and TMPGEnc. If indeed you are working with DivX format you might want to try downgrading the codec.

thornil  2002-03-23 16:19:33 ( ID:5cnsbyzghmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hvae uninstall my DivX-Codec 5.0 and then install DivX-Codec 4.12 and it works fine with Video-Frames.

Free talk - TE25 - No.17046
fariii  2002-01-12 00:43:31 ( ID:5ihfzap4tr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi William,

I had actually done as you suggested earlier in the week.

Now I have a new problem. If I take an avi file from pinnacle/adobe, tmpgenc will only read it to frame 8459. I have tried it with several files with the same result. Isn't that odd? It will only allow me to have roughly 4:42 of video. I must need to use different environment variables. Have you found a combination that works satisfactorily?

I am trying to archive old analog home video to DVD. I am not as concerned about compression as I am about quality; if I only get an hour of video on one disc, it is not a big deal.

Any suggestions or resources that you can point me to would be appreciated.

Regards,
Fred

presto  2002-02-23 20:48:53 ( ID:z4o0wbrpujl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to find out about the vfapi plug in that is on the download page. I see people getting flamed for asking about it. I just read the FAQ several times and don't see VFAPI Plugin mentioned anywhere. Go ahead and flame away but tell me what it is and how do I know if I need it. Does every one install it or is it a fix for something?

freezer  2002-02-05 09:27:57 ( ID:nagd9q4h1/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes and but sound did not come up with the video ..

ToreP  2002-02-25 21:54:22 ( ID:2wwjnlhef.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Had this problem earlier. Looks to be a conflict with Pinnacle OpenDML HW decoder.
If you have Pinnacle system DV500Plus then upgrade to 3.0!
Disabling OpenDML in TEMPGenc Environmental settings VFAPI-Plugin is another workaround. The HW decoder is faster than the VFAPI if it works on your .avi files.

Good Luck!

fvbuddy  Home )  2002-03-19 05:05:19 ( ID:gvzp.ussib. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded and installed the Nimo codec. I tried creating an mpg file from an m2v file that had sound embedded in it, and it did not work. Afterwards, I copied the MPEG2DEC.dll and SimpleResize.dll files from the Nimo Mpeg2dec directory into the TMPGEnc directory, and still no success in recognizing the m2v format for the audio. Can anyone offer some help? I am running Windows 98.

larsont  2002-03-17 06:47:46 ( ID:9hwpdrh5ago )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use nero, but I can't get 800 megs on 1 80 min. cd. How are you accomplishing this?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.