Delete

There is no password for this article, only an administrator can delete the article.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - audio but no video when encoding AVI to MPG1 with TMPGEnc 2.5 No.17052
Barry Figiel  Mail /  )  2002-03-21 15:36:03 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )  

Hello there!

After scouring this board for clues to help with my problem, it would appear that I am not the only person having trouble with this. I have been trying to use TMPGEnc 2.5 to convert a .avi to a .mpg in order to create a VCD. But no matter what I do, I always get the same result- a .mpg file which, when you run in any standard mpg media player, plays the sound but displays no video.

The particular .avi I've been trying to encode is NTSC (29 f/s). At first, I used the appropriate template and adjusted the source settings accordingly, but to no avail. So I've tried every other template (adjusting the source settings accordingly each time) and I still get the same result.

I have been told that this problem may be due to the fact that I am using Windows XP. Does anyone know if this is true?

If anyone can give me any help with this problem it would be very much appreciated, because I am at my wit's end!!

Cheers,

Barry Figiel

Biff Burns  Mail /  )  2002-03-22 17:25:54 ( ID:gkdw.xqsmwg )  

I had the same problem. I was trying to go from DivX AVI to MPEG. It didn't work with the DivX 5 codec so I "downgraded" to the 3.11 codec and it worked. Maybe there are some problems with DivX 5 and TMPGEnc. If indeed you are working with DivX format you might want to try downgrading the codec.

thornil  2002-03-23 16:19:33 ( ID:5cnsbyzghmk )  

I hvae uninstall my DivX-Codec 5.0 and then install DivX-Codec 4.12 and it works fine with Video-Frames.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.