Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 960 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 AVI to MPEG-1 convert problem! hehbo 2 2002-04-03 09:12:30
Question TE25 Previous Version Joseph Borg 1 2002-04-03 09:11:52
Question TE25 Won't work Monte-Cristo 2 2002-05-14 17:15:25
Question TE25 all TMPGe AVI> MPEG1s are now fullscreened - why? LC 1 2002-04-03 07:11:27
Question TE25 Won't work Monte-Cristo 1 2002-04-03 00:45:14
Question TE25 CD-R generated from AVI to MPG won't play on DVD kaw 9 2002-04-04 15:18:57
Question TE25 please help!!!! lobes 5 2002-04-03 15:06:32
Question TE25 ReelDVD: "Video Not 4:3," but it is?? Todd 5 2002-04-03 20:44:35
Question TE25 What video file do I choose to record a DVD? snmscomp 2 2002-04-02 22:02:16
Question TE25 Direct Show dank 0 2002-04-02 21:07:14
Question TE25 Can I convert divx 5.0 encoded files to VCD? tdebat 3 2002-04-04 19:46:41
Free talk TE25 MPEG 2 FILTERS FROM TECHNO Techno 0 2002-04-02 20:05:28

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 960 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - AVI to MPEG-1 convert problem! No.17936
hehbo  2002-04-03 03:23:13 ( ID:jq2maekz6ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downlaoded TMPGEEnc 2.53 and am having trouble converting about a 60 MB .avi to a new .mpeg file. I got a 1.8 ghz, 512 SDRAM, no problem with the system. When i convert, the program seems like it did everything correctly. I try to play it on WinDVD 3.1, but all that happens is that the screen is solid black, and i hear the audio. I have tried converting to SVCD and just VCD, using differnt bitrates (650,800,1000). I have nimo 4.4 codecs, DIVx5, and the newest updates on WinMedia player. One other thing, i got this program because nero 5.5.6's mpeg2 add-on couldn't burn this to SVCD properly either. I burned that same file (the program auto-converts before burning), along with a 20 MB mpeg. The same thinghappened with the .avi, but when i skipped to the next file (mpeg) it played fine. Any suggestions? If you need anymore info to help me, just mail me and i'll tell you. Thanx.

Holger  2002-04-03 07:33:04 ( ID:xp0k1lkrlta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

seems TMPGEnc does not work with DivX5 !! Downgrade to DivX4.12 and you should have video and audio again.

Holger

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 09:12:30 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeh, DIVX 4 and 5 sux but this is the only way to convert it properly.

Techno

Question - TE25 - Previous Version No.17934
Joseph Borg  Home )  2002-04-03 02:51:44 ( ID:xecvqterwij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get version 2.02 from?
Joey

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 09:11:52 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just search for it on the web.

Techno

Question - TE25 - Won't work No.17931
Monte-Cristo  2002-04-03 00:48:25 ( ID:ssmowfnaotm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded the program. I set it to start and I get this message: "Can't load "P3Package.dll". Someone has any idea of what it means ? Thanks.

sherlock  2002-04-03 04:53:51 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the p3p package optimizes the program for pentium 3,try re-downloading the program and see if that works,but if it doesn"t here is how to make it work,under the "enviromental settings" go to the "cpu" tab and un-check everything,this should work but it might take longer to encode.....sherlock

Crady  Home )  2002-05-14 17:15:25 ( ID:fbgjhm1wxj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I am using a test file which is 10 seconds long, encoded with "DVSD." Here are the settings I am using:
>
>Video Tab
> 720x480
> 4:3 Display
> 29.97 fps
> CBR - 4000 kbits/sec
> NTSC
> Interlace
> 9bits
> High Quality (Slow)
>
>Advanced
> Interlace
> Bottom field first (field B)
> 4:3 525 line (NTSC)
> Full screen
> (No filters)
>
>GOP Structure
> IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBB
> (Going from top to bottom 1, 5, 2, 1, 18)
> Detect Scene Change selected
>
>Quantize Matrix
> Default
>
>Audio
> MPEG-1 Audio Layer II
> 48000
> Stereo
>
>--Dual Pentium 3 1GHz (Multi-threading turned on), 1.5GB RAM, WinXP Professional, TMPGEnc Ver. 2.53.35.130.
>
>Whenever I import the MPG into ReelDVD it quickly says "The resolution is changed to PAL," then immeadiatly says "Error: ReelDVD only supports 4:3 or 16:9 video. 0 files(s) accepted, 1 file(s) rejected."
>
>I just encoded a file in the PAL format and that didn't work, either.
>
>I can encode files with Ligos LSX-MPEG and they import just fine, but it keeps erroring out on a few of my files, so I'm trying TMPG.
>
>Any ideas?
>--Todd
>

Hi Todd,

ReelDVD doesn't support MPEG Elementary streams with Layer-II audio. You must create separate video and audio streams. Then ReelDVD will accept your files.

To create ReelDVD-compatible widescreen MPEG with TMPG you should try:

Output Stream to Video Only (remember, no Elementary streams for ReelDVD)
Stream type MPEG-2 Video
Size 720 x 480
Aspect ratio 4:3 Display
Video format NTSC
Encode mode non-interlaced (if appropriate)

Here's the important part: GOP structure

For best quality try:

Number of "I" pictures in GOP = 1
Number of "P" pictures in GOP = 0
Number of "B" pictures in GOP = 0
Output interval of sequence header = 1
Max number of frames in GOP = 1
Output bitstream for edit (Closed GOP) = checked

The first 3 items can be altered, but not the last 3.

'Hope that helps,

C

Question - TE25 - all TMPGe AVI> MPEG1s are now fullscreened - why? No.17929
LC  2002-04-03 00:47:34 ( ID:ualu.ypq6er )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm stumped on this. I am using DivX 5.0, the audio codecs of Nimo 4.4, and the latest TMPGe and Virtual Dub releases...

So Here's the problem: every single AVI to MPEG1 conversion I do in TMPGe is coming out full-screened. This has only started happening recently.The DivX files will playback in "letterbox" mode in WMP, yet the MPEG1/VCDs I make in TMPGe come out strectched and full-screened to the max, and it never used to do this! I am currently using DivX 5.0, the audio codecs of Nimo 4.4, and the latest TMPGe and Virtual Dub releases...

I have tried changing the aspect ratio and the video arrange method option in TMPGe, and it is still full-screening every MPEG1 video I try and make. The video and audio quality is good. Have also tried un-installing DivX 5 and going back to 3.11, and it is still full-screening every file.

It is doing this on every single file - please help! thanks.

FRT  2002-04-03 07:11:27 ( ID:sscxktbqh8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use thist trick: load VideoCD, then load the unlock file. Now you have Letterbox.

Question - TE25 - Won't work No.17927
Monte-Cristo  2002-04-03 00:41:00 ( ID:ssmowfnaotm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded the program. I set it to start and I get this message: "Can't load "P3Package.dll". Someone has any idea of what it means ? Thanks.

adrian752  2002-04-03 00:45:14 ( ID:k6mn8elwcmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i went into the options menu in TMPGEnc and I unchecked everything under the CPU column from the environmental settings and that worked for me. good luck

Question - TE25 - CD-R generated from AVI to MPG won't play on DVD No.17917
kaw  2002-04-02 23:51:03 ( ID:udeup2kkz3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The AVI file I converted to MPG was generated by Camtasia. I chose Video-CD (NTSC) as the MPEG format and all the defaults for the conversion. The encoding process shows the video just fine. But when I burn the resulting .MPG file to CD-R using Adaptec CD creator and attempt to play the CD in my DVD player I get nothing.
Thanks in advance for any help.

tinytim  2002-04-03 01:07:53 ( ID:8jx8vwtzw42 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you just trying to burn the mpeg to the cd? If you use nero and look at what it burns to the videocd using the wizard, you'll see that more than just the mpeg is being created. VideoCd's require several folders in order for a DVD player to recognize them. I apologize if you know this, but just thought i'd try to help.

Tim

Greydog  2002-04-03 02:30:49 ( ID:ygfyb.l5twk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another thing to consider may be your DVD player. I include this link
http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
which has a list of reported DVD player that can play video CD's. Some DVD players that claim to play video CD's in the users manual may not. I spent several frustrating hours my first try. It turned out to be the DVD player. You might also try to play the video CD on your computer through a program like Power DVD" and another would be "Win DVD. If it plays on your computer, I believe it should play on the DVD player.

kaw  2002-04-03 14:42:01 ( ID:udeup2kkz3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Are you just trying to burn the mpeg to the cd? If you use nero and look at what it burns to the videocd using the wizard, you'll see that more than just the mpeg is being created. VideoCd's require several folders in order for a DVD player to recognize them. I apologize if you know this, but just thought i'd try to help.
>
>Tim
I assumed the Adaptec CD creator software would handle that. What is nero? So what do you recommend I try next?

kaw  2002-04-03 15:13:26 ( ID:udeup2kkz3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Another thing to consider may be your DVD player. I include this link
>http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
>which has a list of reported DVD player that can play video CD's. Some DVD ^players that claim to play video CD's in the users manual may not. I spent >several frustrating hours my first try. It turned out to be the DVD player. >You might also try to play the video CD on your computer through a program >like Power DVD" and another would be "Win DVD. If it plays on your computer, I >believe it should play on the DVD player.
I checked this site before I got started and yes it 'claims' my player will handle video CD. I downloaded a trial version of PowerDVD and it plays the audio, not the video. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

kaw  2002-04-03 15:26:16 ( ID:udeup2kkz3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Another thing to consider may be your DVD player. I include this link
>http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
>which has a list of reported DVD player that can play video CD's. Some DVD ^players that claim to play video CD's in the users manual may not. I spent >several frustrating hours my first try. It turned out to be the DVD player. >You might also try to play the video CD on your computer through a program >like Power DVD" and another would be "Win DVD. If it plays on your computer, I >believe it should play on the DVD player.
I checked this site before I got started and yes it 'claims' my player will handle video CD. I downloaded a trial version of PowerDVD and it plays the audio, not the video. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

kaw  2002-04-03 17:01:48 ( ID:udeup2kkz3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm getting further....
I originally recorded the .AVI with a custom screen size. When I record with a
standard screen size like 352x240, I can now preview/test the resulting .MPG file using PowerDVD. But I still cannot play the CD-R I burn in my DVD player.
Btw, The Adaptec burner does show messages about generating a TOC.

Emiliano Cabrera  2002-04-04 03:07:05 ( ID:8gxzwngho5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem with Adaptec easy creator 5.0 (now Roxio).. it just did'n work.

So I went with NERO 5.5.5.8 and it works just perfect. There is a bug on the adaptec VideoCD burner.

Emiliano.

Emiliano Cabrera  2002-04-04 03:09:32 ( ID:8gxzwngho5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, you can download Nero from www.ahead.de

Emiliano.

kaw  2002-04-04 15:18:57 ( ID:udeup2kkz3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I had pretty come to the same conclusion and have already downloaded and purchased Nero. Now I'm getting an error during the burn, but I'm hoping that's a speed issue. Thanks again.

Question - TE25 - please help!!!! No.17911
lobes  2002-04-02 22:45:11 ( ID:6k0w5yszafa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am trying to convert my mpg file to a avi file it went into the part where it says what output file do u want it in and i cave it set at avi but at the way botton it says MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 192kbps
please tell me wut i am doing wrong

sherlock  2002-04-02 23:34:27 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tmpgenc does not convert mpeg to avi, just mpeg to mpeg or avi. to mpeg,if you want to convert mpeg to avi try useing virtua dub.........

lobes  2002-04-03 00:02:06 ( ID:6k0w5yszafa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thx much

Ashy  2002-04-03 12:12:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes TMPGenc does create AVI.
Open up the file you wish convert to AVI.
Change all the settings to the ones you require. For example frame size, framerate, aspect ratio and so on.

Next click 'File' and choose 'Output to file' from the menu then click 'Avi file'

In the box which pops up put in a name for the file. Now if you look to your far right handside of the 'Video' and 'Audio' boxes you will just about be able to see the edges of 2 buttons. The top one is to choose your video codec and the one below it is for your audio codec.
Choose these then click save.

Ignore what it says in the main program window at the bottom. You will still end up with an AVI.

Hope it helps.

ASHY

Ashy  2002-04-03 12:13:35 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes TMPGenc does create AVI.
Open up the file you wish convert to AVI.
Change all the settings to the ones you require. For example frame size, framerate, aspect ratio and so on.

Next click 'File' and choose 'Output to file' from the menu then click 'Avi file'

In the box which pops up put in a name for the file. Now if you look to your far right handside of the 'Video' and 'Audio' boxes you will just about be able to see the edges of 2 buttons. The top one is to choose your video codec and the one below it is for your audio codec.
Choose these then click save.

Ignore what it says in the main program window at the bottom. You will still end up with an AVI.

Hope it helps.

ASHY

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 15:06:32 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, that is correct ASHY, thanks!!!! Well done

Techno

Question - TE25 - ReelDVD: "Video Not 4:3," but it is?? No.17905
Todd  2002-04-02 22:05:19 ( ID:gaje6e2zup. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I encode an MPEG-2 movie, then try to import it into ReelDVD, it tells me "ReelDVD only supports 4:3 or 16:9 video." But the thing is, I am selecting 720x480 video in TMPGEnc. Why would it tell me my video is not 4:3?

Any help would be apprecited,
--Todd

Richard  2002-04-03 00:17:33 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Todd,

I'm using TMPGenc output with ReelDVD, with no problems, although in PAL - 720x576.

What is the frame size of the material you are MPEG2 encoding?

Richard

Todd  2002-04-03 02:42:43 ( ID:gaje6e2zup. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using a test file which is 10 seconds long, encoded with "DVSD." Here are the settings I am using:

Video Tab
720x480
4:3 Display
29.97 fps
CBR - 4000 kbits/sec
NTSC
Interlace
9bits
High Quality (Slow)

Advanced
Interlace
Bottom field first (field B)
4:3 525 line (NTSC)
Full screen
(No filters)

GOP Structure
IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBB
(Going from top to bottom 1, 5, 2, 1, 18)
Detect Scene Change selected

Quantize Matrix

Audio
MPEG-1 Audio Layer II
Stereo

--Dual Pentium 3 1GHz (Multi-threading turned on), 1.5GB RAM, WinXP Professional, TMPGEnc Ver. 2.53.35.130.

Whenever I import the MPG into ReelDVD it quickly says "The resolution is changed to PAL," then immeadiatly says "Error: ReelDVD only supports 4:3 or 16:9 video. 0 files(s) accepted, 1 file(s) rejected."

I just encoded a file in the PAL format and that didn't work, either.

I can encode files with Ligos LSX-MPEG and they import just fine, but it keeps erroring out on a few of my files, so I'm trying TMPG.

Any ideas?
--Todd

Richard  2002-04-03 05:09:35 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Under the "Advanced" tag, try changing the Aspect ratio to "4:3 525 (704 x 480)".

My PAL encoding, (from PAL source) works with the 625 (704 x 576) setting even though the source frames are 720x576.

Richard

Todd  2002-04-03 08:34:28 ( ID:gaje6e2zup. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried that and I still get the same error message. Do I have to set something special in ReelDVD?

Thanks for you help.

Richard  2002-04-03 20:44:35 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, I set nothing special, just set the project up as PAL 4:3. I am using ReelDVD 2.5.

About the only thing I can think of that may be causing the problem, is your source DVSD files, (although Ligos obviously isn't having the same problem).

Are you able to TMPGencode from any other source? I am doing most of my encoding from Targa or Bitmap frame sequences.

Hope you get it sorted out, because TMPGenc does a very good job image quality-wise.

Richard

Question - TE25 - What video file do I choose to record a DVD? No.17902
snmscomp  2002-04-02 21:13:27 ( ID:myqtczwqof. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased TMPGEnc and am trying to record a dvd. In the project wizard, I don't know what video or audio source files to select, so I can convert them to MPEG format. When I click the browse button and the OPEN window appears, under FILES OF TYPE it automatically looks under COMPRESSIBLE VIDEO(or audio)SOURCE(*.avi,*.bmp,*.ppm,*.tga,*.ipg,*.ipeg,*.qt,*.mov,*.asf). Unfortunately, none of those types of files show up on the dvd. If I select ALL FILES @ the bottom of the FILES OF TYPE dropdown menu more files appear, but I don't know which ones to choose. And when I select a file to open I think shows promise, I get a ...CANNOT OPEN, OR UNSUPPORTED error message. Any help will keep me from pulling my hair out, thanks!

sherlock  2002-04-02 21:56:53 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you need to go to "vcd help.com"to figure out how to do it,cuz it seems you have no idea what you are doing,you cant just stick a dvd in your drive and run "tmpgenc" and at the end have another dvd movie,It doesn"t work that way,there are at least two other programs needed between putting your dvd in your drive and useing "tmpgenc".you have to "rip" your dvd to vob.files first,then you have to make a d2v file and a wav. file and then you can think about useing "tmpgenc".....go to www.vcdhelp.com and there are dvd ripping guides there that will help you do what you want,it isn"t as easy as it seems..

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 22:02:16 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no no no no, never ever encode a DVD in TMPGENC!!! THIS IS WRONG!! read a few posts down from here, ASHY replied.

if MPEG2 files cannot open, download my filters

Techno

Question - TE25 - Direct Show No.17901
dank  2002-04-02 21:07:14 ( ID:pgevofwq6j2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i get an error: "could not obtain the length of the movie with directshow" when cutting mpeg2

also wmplayer won't fast forward the mpg. (it will with m2v b4 multiplex)
what's wrong with my direct show filter settings?
all play fine with PowerDVD and WinDVD.

movies played fine b4 reinstall winXP, and i was able to split and fwd; on the new os installation something screwed up.

appreciate suggestions
DanK

Question - TE25 - Can I convert divx 5.0 encoded files to VCD? No.17897
tdebat  2002-04-02 20:32:00 ( ID:1fhvrpq8bro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a few divx 5.0 encoded files I would like to convert to VCDs.

With the divx 5.0 codec installed Tmpgenc recognizes the video portion
but not the audio portion.

If I remove the divx 5.0 codec and install the divx 4.12 codec then
Tmpgenc recognizes the audio portion but not the video portion.

Is there a way around this problem that will allow me to create VCDs
from divx 5.0 encoded files?

Also is it possible (and are there any plans) to allow Tmpgenc to handle
divx 5.0 encoded files in the future?

Thank!

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 20:44:29 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No u cannot convert DIVX 5 to VCD/SVCD because of compatability probs.
personally, DIVX 4 and 5 sux, stick to 3.11alpha if possible.

Techno

sherlock  2002-04-02 22:01:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Techno is right the new divx sux,but what you can try is to re-encode your divx5 files to a different avi. format with virtua dub......

Rck60s  2002-04-04 19:46:41 ( ID:ottpma61s8h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you please explain how to do this in virtual dub,,I have the program but am not sure the steps to take in order to convert an avi/divx file to an avi file so I can convert back to MPEG2...The Virtual Dub program is a little confusing to me as there is no instructin manual to read( or I can't find it if there is)...I need to convert an avi(divx) file from that format to avi so I can use TMPGEnc to make an MPEG2 file

Free talk - TE25 - MPEG 2 FILTERS FROM TECHNO No.17896
Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 20:05:28 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there.

This is my link to the MPEG2 filters. The filters are only to open ANY MPEG2 file in TMPGENC if it does not open it:

www.os1.150m.com/tmpgenc/filters/mpeg2/vob_filters_104.zip

Uninstall ALL DVD software
install this
all should be well.

If not, please email me and I will email u ASAP.

I am currently testing new set of filters and will post up the result.

Thanks

Techno

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.