Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 959 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 cant create single disc mpg??????????? please help tim 1 2002-04-04 17:11:49
Question TE25 No picture after conversion!!! Rck60s 2 2002-04-03 23:34:08
Question TE25 Cant load "P3Package.dll" C-Line 3 2002-04-16 15:48:39
Question TE25 Read Error aplados 1 2002-04-05 08:01:35
Question TE25 Why does repeated encoding produce lighter mpgs? stefany 2 2002-04-03 15:20:26
Free talk TE25 Frame rate conversion Second part of 2 Ashy 0 2002-04-03 12:12:49
Free talk TE25 Framerate conversion First part of 2 Ashy 4 2002-04-06 14:25:13
Question TE25 Convert MPEG2 to MPEG1 Ram 3 2002-04-04 17:06:09
Question TE25 Where can I find the source code for Mpeg-1 decoder and play?? stack 2 2002-04-03 14:31:49
Question TE25 encoding? street walker 2 2002-04-03 06:43:07
Question TE25 Frame limit Joseph Borg 2 2002-04-05 03:26:29
Question TE25 what's going on? adrian752 2 2002-04-04 02:32:24

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 959 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - cant create single disc mpg??????????? please help No.17973
tim  2002-04-03 15:15:56 ( ID:ttu2diw/zin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just downloaded this program and when i tried to convert avi to mpg it said error: single disc mpg. can not be created. What does this mean and how do I fix it?? please help me!!!

Harley  2002-04-04 17:11:49 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the file too big for a single CD?

Try selecting Unknown Media when using the project wizard at program start.

Question - TE25 - No picture after conversion!!! No.17970
Rck60s  2002-04-03 14:59:51 ( ID:xmskm5l1zim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an avi file to MPEG 2...The file is 205,000,000kb and after conversion it is 710,000,000kb so I know it has done something...I get sound fine but I do not get picture...I have tried MPEG-1 as well as MPEG-2 settings and neither one will show picture after conversion....Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have the trial version and do not know if I want to purchase the whole program as I cannot seem to get it to work.....

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 15:00:50 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to convert a DIVX v5 file to MPEG1/2? if so, TMPGENC is not compatable with it.

Techno

Rck60s  2002-04-03 23:34:08 ( ID:xmskm5l1zim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am not sure if it is v5 or not ..how can you tell?

Question - TE25 - Cant load "P3Package.dll" No.17966
C-Line  2002-04-03 14:40:05 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do i get this error messge when i want to convert an AVI file to MPG?

beam  2002-04-03 15:11:05 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This happens if :

You have not downloaded TMPGEnc correctly.
or
You have not unziped TMPGEnc correctly.
or
Both of above.

mike07  2002-04-16 13:38:30 ( ID:e9m6bhblyfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded TMPG twice and I still receive the same error when I try and convert and MPG file.

I need a clear answer or somewhere I can download this P3Package.dll file

Thanks

R  2002-04-16 15:48:39 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

beam has already made clear answer!

This is only downloading or unzipping problem.

You should try with another PC or software to download/unzip.

Question - TE25 - Read Error No.17964
aplados  2002-04-03 13:44:04 ( ID:cpj4zzwj.qm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've used the latest TMPG ENc for the first time and it did work good for me, but when I wanted to cut the mpeg into 2 because it was too long to fit on the cd it came up with this error message even though it still worked.

At address 73F91D04, Read error occurred against address 73F91D04

Can anyone tell me what happened or what this error message means.

Thanks,
Andy
aplados@comcast.net

SysDwn  2002-04-05 08:01:35 ( ID:lg9onkoo10l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem on two different systems. Both Athlongs/512 mb PC2100 ram and WinXP Pro. I have used older version which worked fine and decided to upgrade to 2.52. I tried cutting large and small clips, moving into the middle of the video file to cut. I also tried various clips and aspect ratios always with the same address read error. The previous post mentions the operation working despite the error, I however have not been that lucky.

Please, anyone have a clue about what could cause this problem?

Thanks

Question - TE25 - Why does repeated encoding produce lighter mpgs? No.17961
stefany  2002-04-03 12:31:26 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am doing a test...why does repeated encoding of a file...say 1.avi to 1.mpg...then encode 1.mpg to 2.mpg...then encode 2.mpg to 3,mpg and so on...cause the video to lighten up? I have checked the advanced settings and none are active...Thanks

techno  Home )  2002-04-03 13:03:25 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lighten up in what way?

Techno

stefany  2002-04-03 15:20:26 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The video is slightly brighter

Free talk - TE25 - Frame rate conversion Second part of 2 No.17960
Ashy  2002-04-03 12:12:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Part2.....Continued from a previous post

Step 4.

The next step is to sync the Audio.
open Cool edit 2000.

When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision
Time stretch (preserves pitch)

In the box that says 'Length' type in the exact figure you got in secs from Virtualdub for e.g. 4802.360 then click ok.
Wait for the program to do it's stuff then when its finished click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.

This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the movie in the next step. Close Cool edit 2000.Step 5.

Next go into your Virtualdub folder and double click the file called AuxSetup.exe and in the box that pops up click the button which says 'Install handler' and click 'OK' to all the other boxes that come up then click 'Exit and restart your system.

Step 6. This is where we change the frame rate of the movie.

To change the frame rate of an AVi all you have do is use a little program called 'AVI frame rate changer' Just open up the AVI with the program and change the frame rate.

To check that the movie is in sync with the audio, open up virtualdub and open your movie then click Audio and choose 'Wav audio' from the menu and find the wav you just created.
Click the first play button and you should find the audio is in sync with the movie.

Open up virtualdub and open the MPEG you created from the SECOND or THIRD method. Click Video and choose 'framerate' from the menu and change your framerate to the one you want to convert to. e.g. 25fps

To check that the movie is in sync with the audio, click Audio and choose 'Wav audio' from the menu and find the wav you just created.
Click the first play button and you should find the audio is in sync with the movie.
Next click 'Audio' and choose 'No audio' from the menu.

Now click File and from the menu choose 'Start frameserver'. A box will appear with the name of your file, click start and in the next box give the file a name and an .AVI extension then save it with where you want. This will start the Frame server. DO NOT CLOSE THIS DOWN.

Now use the AVI you have created from either the one you have changed the framerate of, using 'Framerate changer' or the one you just created with the Frame server, as your Video source for TMPG and the wav file as your audio source for TMPG.
Choose your VCD template PAL 25fps or NTSc 29.97fps and encode as normal.

If you have problems opening the AVI in TMPGenc which you have created then go into the Virtualdub folder. There should be a folder called 'AVIPROXY'. Open this and double click the 'proxyon.reg' file. You may have to restart your PC after this. After you have finished encoding click the 'Proxyoff.reg' file.

Phew....

I tried to make it as clear as I could even though it seems a little complicated, but it's really quite simple.

NOTE: Even though this method will stop the jerky playback and sync your movie, depending on whether you increase or decrease the framerate, the Movie will play slightly faster or slower.

This is normal and hardly noticable.

Let me know how you get on 'cos this took me ages to do.

ASHY

Free talk - TE25 - Framerate conversion First part of 2 No.17955
Ashy  2002-04-03 11:57:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Part1

*** This post is people having problems when converting Movies from one framerate to another e.g
29.97fps to 25fps which is causing the resulting movie to have jerky playback. ***

Instructions:

First we are going to need some software.

1. Virtualdub: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1_4_9.zip

2. Cooledit 2000: ftp://207.109.248.242/disks/cooledit/ce2kmain.exe

3. Aviframerate changer: http://www.divx-digest.tv/software/edit/avifrate101.zip

Step 1.

The first step is to install all the above software then the next thing is to start with your original AVI if you have one. If not then we are going to have to use either the MPEG file we want to convert that doesn't jerk or the MPEG file that we have already converted that does jerk.

I will outline all three methods below.

Step2.

First method:

**Starting off with a jerky MPEG which has already been converted.**

What we need to do is convert this MPEG back to it's original framerate to remove the choppy playback using TMPGenc.
Load one of the VCD templates either PAL or NTSC depending on your T.V. system.

Now click load again and this time choose the template which says Unlock.mcf
Load your MPEG and under 'Stream type' click Video only.
Click setting and under the Video tab change the framerate to what the original movie was. So if the movie you have encoded is 23.976fps and the original was 25fps then change the framerate to 25fps. Leave the size as it is, it should be the same as the source. Under rate control choose CBR at 4000kbps. (The reason for this is to preserve quality so make sure you have plenty of hard drive space).

Under the advanced tab choose the 'Source aspect ratio' either 4:3 625 line PAL or 4:3 525 line NTSC depending on you source movie.
Choose your output and we are ready to encode.
When TMPGenc has finished check the movie to ensure it plays smoothly again. If it's ok it then Goto STEP 3.

Second Method:
** Starting with an MPEG movie which doesn't have choppy playback **
Goto STEP 3.

Third method:
** Starting off with an AVI **
Goto Step 3

STEP 3.
Once we have our MPEG or AVI which doesn't jerk then we can begin to change the framerate of the movie.

Start up Virtualdub, click File and open your MPEG or AVI you created from the SECOND or THIRD method. In Virtualdub click File then click 'Save wav' and choose where you want to save then click save.

Next click Video and choose 'Frame Rate' and change the frame rate to the one you want to convert to i.e 25fps.
Now click 'Edit' and click 'end' from the menu.
Note what it says in the timescale box as the length of the movie exactly.
Now calculate what the total time is in seconds. For example 1:20:02.360 would be 4802.360 secs, write this down. Close virtualdub.

The Next part is continued in another post as this post was so long it wouldn't allow it.

Continued..........

Keping  2002-04-03 17:33:43 ( ID:z7f0prq61xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The address of the third software doesn't exist.

3. Aviframerate changer: http://www.divx-digest.tv/software/edit/avifrate101.zip

Ashy  2002-04-04 02:17:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try it again buddy. It works fine.

Dennis Dibbets  2002-04-05 00:25:22 ( ID:jg01lrvybyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Ashy,

Don't want to sound like a suck-up, but i think you're brilliant. This solution works just fine. This solves a problem wich saves me many, many ours behind "the screen". I realy don't think that i've could handle this problem at my own. Really, thanx..!!!!

Now i can finally watch my favorite movies on the dvd-player in stead of the computer screen.

I've passed your solution to a lot of my friends, who had the same problem, so alot of thanx from the netherlands.....

Greetzzz,

Dennis

btw, the links are working just fine indeed.....

Ashy  2002-04-06 14:25:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Glad it helped you dennis.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Convert MPEG2 to MPEG1 No.17951
Ram  2002-04-03 09:13:20 ( ID:/hpzwmdrkph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a little off-topic, but could anyone tell me what other programs are out there to convert MPEG2 to MPEG1. I like TMPGEnc, but am curious what other options there are. Thank you.

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 09:15:06 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is none really out there as good a TMPGENC.

Techno

Ram  2002-04-03 09:21:45 ( ID:/hpzwmdrkph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree that TMPGEnc is very good (and am very happy with the quality), but if I were looking for another program, what others are out there. Thanks.

Harley  2002-04-04 17:06:09 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FlaskMPEG is another option but is one hell of alot slower (50 to 60 hours encoding time for a DVD Movie) and generally doesn't produce the same high quality, apparently it can be useful if you wan't to include subtitles from a DVD.

Question - TE25 - Where can I find the source code for Mpeg-1 decoder and play?? No.17948
stack  2002-04-03 08:50:30 ( ID:dqhsfbi8k7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anybody tell me that
where can i find the source code for Mpeg1 decoder and play???
thanks a lot.
I need this source code to finish my job
thanks a lot

best regards

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 09:14:44 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YOU CANNOT get this source code!!!! (as far as I am aware off)

Techno

beam  2002-04-03 14:31:49 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do not think there is such thing.

Question - TE25 - encoding? No.17945
street walker  2002-04-03 06:22:23 ( ID:7k55bvsdryl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting (mpg cannot be created?) I have no clue why?

street walker  2002-04-03 06:41:16 ( ID:7k55bvsdryl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I keep getting (mpg cannot be created?) I have no clue why? i've converted the file before but then formatted my system and got the original file mpg style and downloaded the same version tmpegenc. newest but this time it won't let me do it? everything is exactly the same as last time but it just keeps saying "mpg cannot be created"

street walker  2002-04-03 06:43:07 ( ID:7k55bvsdryl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>I keep getting (mpg cannot be created?) I have no clue why? i've converted the file before but then formatted my system and got the original file mpg style and downloaded the same version tmpegenc. newest but this time it won't let me do it? everything is exactly the same as last time but it just keeps saying "mpg cannot be created" sorry bout this, couldn't edit, P.S. I was creating vcds did the load tab and settings bit..

Question - TE25 - Frame limit No.17942
Joseph Borg  Home )  2002-04-03 05:23:58 ( ID:xecvqterwij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Does anyone know of a way how to limited the amont of frames encoded in TMPGenc. I have an input m2v filebut i only want to encode the first 350 frames of the sequence. how can I do this?
Joey

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 09:14:12 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the settings, goto the advanced tab, then click on source range. Select the frames you want and hit ok then encode!

Techno

Ron  2002-04-05 03:26:29 ( ID:2qwolc2ya/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Joesph -

I was interested to see you experiment with VBR vs. CBR. I was wondering how you tested the resulting files. Here's my problem... I need to encode several old tapes of various qualities from VHS, SVHS, Std.-8, Hi-8, etc. I'd like to get as many minutes as possible on the DVD's (different DVD's for different sources). I would imagine that, to do a Hi-8 source tape justice I would need a higher bitrate, than say using a VHS source tape. Any idea how I can go about determining the minimum bitrate for each source without significantly sacrificing quality. Yes, I could just good just use a CBR of 8Mb/s for everything, but that would be very wasteful, especially for low quality source tapes. Do you know if there is any way to get TMPGEnc to scan a portion of an AVI file and recommend the optimum bitrate? Ideally I'd know how much I can get on a DVD before commiting the encode and burn time.

Thanks,

- Ron

Question - TE25 - what's going on? No.17939
adrian752  2002-04-03 03:52:51 ( ID:k6mn8elwcmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i used to encode movies in the past, i always checked to see if they encoded right and they were in NTSC form before i would start burning them. Now i am doing the exact same thing but mu burner does not recognize the file as NTSC. I have tried using nero and ez cd creator roxio and they both can't recognize it. I think i'm doing everything right because i have done it in the past. I did load the template everytime. I'm not getting any error messages but when i go to play it in my dvd player it does nothing.
i hope someone has some ideas because i'm stuck
thanx

Techno  Home )  2002-04-03 09:13:30 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried downloading a NEW NTSC template from another site? (www.vcdhelp.com) Ur template maybe corrupted.

Techno

adrian752  2002-04-04 02:32:24 ( ID:k6mn8elwcmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i tried a couple templates but none seem to work

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.