Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 961 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 toolame can't be used as an external coder krick 6 2002-04-02 19:51:14
Free talk TE25 R.E. Nobody-s-Perfect & Dennis Dibbets (Frame rate conversion) from Ashy. Part 1 Ashy 1 2002-04-02 20:44:57
Question TE25 16:9 prob Matte 0 2002-04-02 18:34:09
Question TE25 Quality Encoder, what is the best version? FCC 1 2002-04-02 18:26:29
Question TE25 CCE SP problems ! Dennis 4 2002-04-03 05:06:53
Question TE25 Where do I get divx 4.12? krick 2 2002-04-03 05:08:02
Question TE25 Wrong Sound File Harley 5 2002-04-04 14:56:20
Question TE25 Floating Decimal Crap Querier 7 2002-04-04 12:02:23
Question TE25 subtitles with tmpg enc raanan kuper 1 2002-04-02 16:28:02
Question TE25 16:9 prob Matte 2 2002-04-03 20:37:11
Question TE25 How to speed up encoding ? Spin-Doc 4 2002-04-02 22:21:59
Question TE25 16/9-4/3 lolkrusty 1 2002-04-02 15:30:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 961 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - toolame can't be used as an external coder No.17874
krick  2002-04-02 19:16:50 ( ID:ivwha5m/vy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to use toolame as a layer 2 external audio encoder, but I get the message that it can't be used as an external coder. What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the toolame that someone pointed to in another post, and I renamed the .exe to toolame.exe.

Ashy  2002-04-02 19:20:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's the wrong binary.
Try this one and you don't need to rename it.
http://www.macdvd.org/trnsz/Compiles/TooLAME-0.2i-Win32.zip

ASHY

krick  2002-04-02 19:22:57 ( ID:ivwha5m/vy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the same message with that binary.

Ashy  2002-04-02 19:28:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you actually downloaded this particular binary. They are not all the same and it works no prob on my system. If it still doesn't work make sure you have the latest TMPGenc.

Ashy

krick  2002-04-02 19:29:09 ( ID:ivwha5m/vy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the same message with that binary.

krick  2002-04-02 19:31:13 ( ID:ivwha5m/vy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops, don't know how I happened to post the same message twice.
Yes, I've downloaded the binary. I'm using tmpgnc v 2.53.35.130.

krick  2002-04-02 19:51:14 ( ID:ivwha5m/vy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops, don't know how I happened to post the same message twice.
Yes, I've downloaded the binary. I'm using tmpgnc v 2.53.35.130.

Free talk - TE25 - R.E. Nobody-s-Perfect & Dennis Dibbets (Frame rate conversion) from Ashy. Part 1 No.17872
Ashy  2002-04-02 18:53:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Part1

*** This post is people having problems when converting Movies from one framerate to another e.g
29.97fps to 25fps which is causing the resulting movie to have jerky playback. ***

Instructions:

First we are going to need some software.

1. Virtualdub: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1_4_9.zip

2. Cooledit 2000: ftp://207.109.248.242/disks/cooledit/ce2kmain.exe

3. Aviframerate changer: http://www.divx-digest.tv/software/edit/avifrate101.zip

Step 1.

The first step is to install all the above software then the next thing is to start with your original AVI if you have one. If not then we are going to have to use either the MPEG file we want to convert that doesn't jerk or the MPEG file that we have already converted that does jerk.
I will outline all three methods below.

Step2.

First method:

**Starting off with a jerky MPEG which has already been converted.**

What we need to do is convert this MPEG back to it's original framerate to remove the choppy playback using TMPGenc.
Load one of the VCD templates either PAL or NTSC depending on your T.V. system.

Now click load again and this time choose the template which says Unlock.mcf
Load your MPEG and under 'Stream type' click Video only.
Click setting and under the Video tab change the framerate to what the original movie was. So if the movie you have encoded is 23.976fps and the original was 25fps then change the framerate to 25fps. Leave the size as it is, it should be the same as the source. Under rate control choose CBR at 4000kbps. (The reason for this is to preserve quality so make sure you have plenty of hard drive space).

Under the advanced tab choose the 'Source aspect ratio' either 4:3 625 line PAL or 4:3 525 line NTSC depending on you source movie.
Choose your output and we are ready to encode.
When TMPGenc has finished check the movie to ensure it plays smoothly again. If it's ok it then Goto STEP 3.

Second Method:
** Starting with an MPEG movie which doesn't have choppy playback **
Goto STEP 3.

Third method:
** Starting off with an AVI **
Goto Step 3

STEP 3.
Once we have our MPEG or AVI which doesn't jerk then we can begin to change the framerate of the movie.

Start up Virtualdub, click File and open your MPEG or AVI you created from the SECOND or Third method. In Virtualdub click File then click 'Save wav' and choose where you want to save then click save.

Next click Video and choose 'Frame Rate' and change the frame rate to the one you want to convert to i.e 25fps.
Now click 'Edit' and click 'end' from the menu.
Note what it says in the timescale box as the length of the movie exactly.
Now calculate what the total time is in seconds. For example 1:20:02.360 would be 4802.360 secs, write this down. Close virtualdub.

The next steps are continued in another post as this post was so long it wouldn't allow it so I had to split it.
Cont...

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 20:44:57 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for ur time ASH! Greatly appreciated

Techno

Question - TE25 - 16:9 prob No.17871
Matte  2002-04-02 18:34:09 ( ID:mlfwfz4bekm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i encode a movie to SVCD with aspect ratio "16:9 Display" and play it in my standalone dvd-player the picture is shaking!
what have i done wrong?
something with pal and ntsc(film)?
the movie have a framerate of 23.97. and that's ntcsfilm, right?

thanks
matte

Question - TE25 - Quality Encoder, what is the best version? No.17869
FCC  2002-04-02 18:04:14 ( ID:5nzexbupxec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
please, follow the next test.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/tmpgenc_test.html

It's true?.

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 18:26:29 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for that.

Everyone has their own way of encoding, like my self, somethings work out better for us, somethings don't. It just depends on your source.

Thanks anyway

Techno

Question - TE25 - CCE SP problems ! No.17864
Dennis  Home )  2002-04-02 17:24:35 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

Im having problems with CCE SP v2.50 since I think I must use it in order to convert VOB files to other format. Read that on a DVD info page that had extencive information on CCE SP v2.50 but the thing is this.

Do I need any other software installed with CCE SP because it craches on me when I want to edit som Bitrate setting on selecting 2 pass VBR and apart from that when I try to encode a file I get a strage error.

Anyone here experienced with CCE SP ?

Regards Dennis.

P.S. Is CCE SP better on encoding to SVCD ? the quality I mean, because the speed issue I don't care about.

dank  2002-04-02 20:49:19 ( ID:pgevofwq6j2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

don't process audio with cce, use mpeg tools in tmpg to multiplex mp2 file with your m2v (mpv).
use MS GraphEdit to get sound on wav. convert to 44khz, encode to mp2, you get the idea.
the best guides for converting to svcd are www.doom9.org

not sure which is better mathematically, cce looks great i think, not to mention 2.5SP supports avs scripst, so multipass is bearable encoding time (faster than realtime per pass..i know you don't care)

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-02 21:13:18 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oki. Hmm well It seems there is another problem all together.

I have a K6-3 450mhz cpu and I think that's why the program is found of craching on my system. I have studied the different guides and encode to test to see what results you get. And It seems to me that for the best SVCD stuff you want to do a 5-pass VBR with CinemaCraft Encoder.

I have read that only v2.50 is able to read DVD2.AVI projekt stuff converted with vfapi proggy. If that is so, then I can't use the later one 2.64 something... a shame since I wan't to use 5-pass vbr and stuff :(

Thanks anyway for the info !

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-02 21:13:40 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oki. Hmm well It seems there is another problem all together.

I have a K6-3 450mhz cpu and I think that's why the program is found of craching on my system. I have studied the different guides and encode to test to see what results you get. And It seems to me that for the best SVCD stuff you want to do a 5-pass VBR with CinemaCraft Encoder.

I have read that only v2.50 is able to read DVD2.AVI projekt stuff converted with vfapi proggy. If that is so, then I can't use the later one 2.64 something... a shame since I wan't to use 5-pass vbr and stuff :(

Thanks anyway for the info !

sherlock  2002-04-03 05:06:53 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2.64 and it reads vfapi ,it takes a little longer than normal.......

Question - TE25 - Where do I get divx 4.12? No.17861
krick  2002-04-02 16:41:32 ( ID:ivwha5m/vy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting audio but no video -- I read other posts that this may because I can't use divx 5.0. Where do I get an earlier version of divx? The divx site only has 5.0.

Ashy  2002-04-02 16:55:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://pkl.net/~hussein/tools/DivX412Codec.exe

sherlock  2002-04-03 05:08:02 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

or the nemo codec pack hat a couple divx versions....

Question - TE25 - Wrong Sound File No.17855
Harley  2002-04-02 15:28:30 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When converting some DVD's (.vob) to SVCD (.mpg) I get the wrong sound file.

When I play the .vob file it plays the right sound after encoding it doesn't.

Instead of having the correct movie sound, I get a documentary on how the film was made.

I'm guessing the .vob file contains two soundtracks, one the doco on how the film was made and the other the proper movie sound.

Is there a way of getting TMPGEnc to use the right sound? or is there a way of altering the .vob file itself so TMPGEnc will use the right sound?

I'm using TMPGEnc-2.53.35.130 It's fast and good quality, the wizard kicks butt.

My main concern is mentioned above, I've also found that on some DVD's, there is one or two .vob files which TMPGEnc can't encode any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 16:29:40 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

U might have been using the wrong audio or the track contains 2 tracks.

Try to find the correct audio or you can "rip" the audio using 3rd part software

Techno

Ashy  2002-04-02 16:30:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't tell me you are using TMPG to encode directly from vobs right.
Wrong. This is not the way to do it. Not only is it the wrong way, it is also the slowest method.
You should be using the DVD2AVI method and creating project files. This will greatly improve the speed, usually 3 times faster.
It will also rip the correct audio track from the DVD.

If you need info on this check out www.vcdhelp.com

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 17:58:24 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that is correct ASHY, I did not want to say that incase if people thought "oh look, it's MR know it all"

Thanks

Techno

Ashy  2002-04-02 19:23:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wouldn't normally say it like that Techno, but some peoples methods are insane and it keeps coming up over and over again.
I don't think your a 'Know it all' Techno just a 'Know a lot' like me. He hee only jokin'

ASHY

Harley  2002-04-04 14:56:20 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Much Obliged. Works great.

If you two know so much, here's one for ya.

I've got a french movie, which has an english or french soundtrack. I could use the english soundtrack, but it lacks authenticity.

I want to use the french sound with english subtitles.

So I need to know the number setting in TMPGENC for the french language and how you get english subtitles to be displayed.

As you've probally guessed I'm a beginner.

Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Floating Decimal Crap No.17847
Querier  2002-04-02 15:13:38 ( ID:ddes50zcspw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert one of my avi files to mpeg files an error came up saying floating decimal error or something. It has happened before but when i checked and unchecked the boxes it worked. However this time no matter how many times i try it is useless. Can someone please help me, it is really annoying not being able to convert ONE single file. Thank You

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 16:28:26 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check/uncheck all the boxes in the quantize matrix settings

Techno

Ashy  2002-04-02 16:57:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's probably a glitch in your file.
Have you tried to frame serve the AVI from Virtualdub to TMPG?

ASHY

Gastric  2002-04-03 18:16:54 ( ID:w3t1wtf94mk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've received this error on numerous occassions. What I've found is that by merely closing/opening TMPG Enc that the error will eventually go away. To clarify, I do NOT check/uncheck boxes I merely open/close TMPG Enc repeatedly until the error does not occur and then I can encode successfully.

I'm running TMPG Enc 2.53.35.130 on WinXP Home. I've installed the Quicktime VFP from vcdhelp.com in order to convert MOV files my digital Olympus camera captures.

I have received this error when attempting to do the actual conversion as well as when selecting/opening a video file.

I have received this error primarily when working with MOV files, but yesterday received it when opening a MPG file that I had encoded using an older version of TMPG Enc.

Querier  2002-04-04 11:10:16 ( ID:ddes50zcspw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>It's probably a glitch in your file.
>Have you tried to frame serve the AVI from Virtualdub to TMPG?
>
>ASHY

Can you please clarify on this frame serve thing? I have Virtual Dub but what do i have to do. It would be really good if i could fix this problem. Ive tried opening and closing TMPG to get rid of this floating decimal problem but it still does not work. Thanks and reply soon please.

Ashy  2002-04-04 11:43:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go into your Virtualdub folder and double click the file called AuxSetup.exe and in the box that pops up click the button which says 'Install handler' and click 'OK' to all the other boxes that come up then click 'Exit and restart your system.

After restart open up your file in Virtualdub. Change any settings in Virtual dub you want, for example any filters you wish to apply. Now click File and from the menu choose 'Start frameserver'. A box will appear with the name of your file, click start and in the next box give the file a name and an .AVI extension then save it where you want. This will start the Frame server. DO NOT CLOSE THIS DOWN.
Now use the file you just created with the .AVI extension in TMPGenc as if it was a real AVI.
If you have problems opening the file in TMPGenc which you have created then go into the Virtualdub folder. There should be a folder called 'AVIPROXY'. Open this and double click the 'proxyon.reg' file. You may have to restart your PC after this. After you have finished encoding click the 'Proxyoff.reg' file.

Let me know how u get on.
ASHY

Ashy  2002-04-04 11:44:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way was that fast enough?

Ashy  2002-04-04 12:02:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go into your Virtualdub folder and double click the file called AuxSetup.exe and in the box that pops up click the button which says 'Install handler' and click 'OK' to all the other boxes that come up then click 'Exit and restart your system.

After restart open up your file in Virtualdub. Change any settings in Virtual dub you want, for example any filters you wish to apply. Now click File and from the menu choose 'Start frameserver'. A box will appear with the name of your file, click start and in the next box give the file a name and an .AVI extension then save it where you want. This will start the Frame server. DO NOT CLOSE THIS DOWN.
Now use the file you just created with the .AVI extension in TMPGenc as if it was a real AVI.
If you have problems opening the file in TMPGenc which you have created then go into the Virtualdub folder. There should be a folder called 'AVIPROXY'. Open this and double click the 'proxyon.reg' file. You may have to restart your PC after this. After you have finished encoding click the 'Proxyoff.reg' file.

Let me know how u get on.
ASHY

Question - TE25 - subtitles with tmpg enc No.17845
raanan kuper  2002-04-02 15:07:58 ( ID:4d4uj.l20kw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
is there anyone who can help put a subtitles inside the mpeg movies so i can make a vcd with subtitles built in
thanks a head
raanan
please make sure to write the version softwere in your answer

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 16:28:02 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGENC does not create subtitles. 3rd party software may be able to do so.

Techno

Question - TE25 - 16:9 prob No.17842
Matte  2002-04-02 14:45:01 ( ID:mlfwfz4bekm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i encode a movie to SVCD with aspect ratio "16:9 Display" and play it in my standalone dvd-player the picture is shaking!
what have i done wrong?
something with pal and ntsc(film)?
the movie have a framerate of 23.97. and that's ntcsfilm, right?

thanks
matte

Ashy  2002-04-02 15:19:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure the original frame rate of the movie is 23.976. I doubt it is because this isn't very often used. Check to make sure the source isn't 29.97 fps.
If it is then this is why your movie is jerky, because you have changed the frame rate. You must ensure the output frame rate is the same as the input, but if this frame rate doesn't comply with your T.V. system your going to have playback probs.
If the movie really is a the frame rate you say and you need to convert it then check back on this BBS shorlty as I will be posting a solution to this. Look for something about frame rate conversion in the title.

ASHY.

edster  2002-04-03 20:37:11 ( ID:4wtzywmy.uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I understand that the Force Film option is to remove interlace from the original source. If your source is 29 fps interlaced and you don't force film, you get horizontal trailing lines. Very annoying. Use then use the 3:2 pull down option to sync the audio in TMPGenc.

Question - TE25 - How to speed up encoding ? No.17837
Spin-Doc  2002-04-02 13:10:35 ( ID:utc4kn6mrfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
does anyone know how to speed-up TMpeg ? I'm running Win2k on Athlon600 with 256 CL2 Ram.
Encoding a 100 minute video to pal vcd (source from dvd2avi) takes over 6 hours (on High Quality).
My friend runs TMpeg on Athlon800 and this only takes 4h, but on Highest Quality.

Greetings from Germany
Mike

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 13:41:46 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it a DIVX file?

If so, it is highly compressed therefore TMPGENC will assume double the time to encode.

in the advanced video settings, goto the source range filter.

Then hit the start frame and goto the end of the movie and hit finish frame.

Then encode and hopfully it should reduce time.

Techno

Spin-Doc  2002-04-02 14:37:07 ( ID:utc4kn6mrfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx a lot. Next time I'm encoding, I'll test it.

Mike

Techno  Home )  2002-04-02 14:38:56 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No probs.! :)

Techno

sherlock  2002-04-02 22:21:59 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

spin doc that seems pretty fast,my 800 mhz takes twice as long as your 600,wow , I guess I"ll have to change my celeron for an athlon...

Question - TE25 - 16/9-4/3 No.17835
lolkrusty  2002-04-02 10:40:51 ( ID:uculvhpqcsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how to make a 16/9 movie to a 4/3 movie (with the 2 black stripes)

Ashy  2002-04-02 15:30:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Choose source aspect ratio 16:9 Pal or NTSC under advanced and output ratio 4:3 Pal or NTSC under Video.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.