Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 454 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Problem at start-up of Encoding AVI file Sierra Wang 1 2003-07-09 19:38:38
Question TE25 Size problem aznesboy401 3 2003-07-10 21:11:11
Question TE25 No sound after Divx converted to VCD MPG. Robert1234 2 2003-07-09 06:22:46
Question TE25 Minutes or MBs? smash 1 2003-07-09 10:02:55
Question TDA1 Output to mpeg2 syeager 12 2003-07-15 23:55:47
Question TE25 video and audio out of sync dloffice 1 2003-07-08 21:35:03
Question TE25 What's a good burner to use? smash 2 2003-07-08 21:21:15
Question TE25 SVCD To VCD Multi-Plexing lennyp75 2 2003-08-06 04:57:48
Question TE25 Dumb question but... Havan_Ironoak 2 2003-07-08 16:30:46
Question TDA1 is PAL format correct ? Andrew B 7 2003-07-14 19:00:40
Question TE25 Batch Multiplexing Needed! DVDa 1 2003-07-08 23:16:42
Question TE25 Temp wav file with tooLame - necessary? gS 1 2003-07-07 18:06:27

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 454 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Problem at start-up of Encoding AVI file No.37872
Sierra Wang  2003-07-09 17:08:25 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to start encoding of video file (AVI type),an error message pop up
"can't load P3package.dll" even p3package.dll is already exist at c:windowsdesktopTMPGenc-2.153.53.162-free What shall I do to solve this problem? My TMPGenc version 2.513.53.162 , core v. 1.96.149
Computer spec.: Celeron 1.7 GHz,128 DDR,HDD 40 GB/7200 rpm. run on WinMe

Minion  2003-07-09 19:38:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds Like Not all of the Tmpgenc Files are in the Same folder, The Main "EXE" File has to be in the same folder as all of the Rest of the Files that come with Tmpgenc, You can not have the EXE File sitting on your deskTop as a ShortCut...

Question - TE25 - Size problem No.37868
aznesboy401  2003-07-09 09:11:53 ( ID:6cnq1viqlkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i tried to encode a anime it showed the size of the anime about 600mb and 66 minutes when its only 22 minutes and 200 mb. Can anyone tell me why this happen ? I don't want to make a file that's 3 times a big of the original.

ashy  2003-07-09 10:10:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Must be an error in you file. Try using the source range to set your start and end points in the file.

aznesboy401  2003-07-10 01:18:36 ( ID:ir4wlyuzgf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i use source range it appear to have around 40,000 frames but when I start encoding it has 120,000 frames

ashy  2003-07-10 21:11:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you set to encode just the first 40,000 frames with the source range then it will only encode 40,000 frames regradless of how many TMPG is telling you there is.

Question - TE25 - No sound after Divx converted to VCD MPG. No.37865
Robert1234  2003-07-09 04:26:17 ( ID:khpx5q52nlh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a Divx file with these video and audio attributes.
Video : 170 Mb, 988 Kbps, 23.976 fps, res. 640*480 (4:3), DIV3 = DivX v3 ;-) MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Supported
Audio : 16.55 Mb, 95 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 chan., 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported
It play fine but when I put it in TMPGEnc to convert to VCD MPG, TMPGEnc does not recognize the sound. While it's playing in Windows Media Player, I see that it's using the Divx decoder for video part and Morgan Stream Switcher for audio part. I think I need to uninstall the Morgan Stream Switcher to make it work with TMPGEnc since it used to work in the past. What is the file name that I need to delete? I couldn't find it in Add/Remove Programs.

Ronald2438  2003-07-09 04:36:30 ( ID:9fs.uplxi.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem and can't seem to figure it out. I get no sound at all however it plays fine in windows media 9. I need some help as well on the subject.

smash  2003-07-09 06:22:46 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG has problems with encoding sound... Just use Virtual Dub to encode the WAV sound file and then use your source video file with the encoded WAV file. In detail here - http://www.dvdrhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm#audio

Question - TE25 - Minutes or MBs? No.37863
smash  2003-07-09 01:59:29 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sort of new to this... Suppose I have a 720MB mpg file which is about 72 mins. When I burn it should I use data disk [that way it won't fit] or can I use Video Disk [I use Stomp RecordNow]. Question is, is it the same as audio where only minutes matter not size [128kbs or 192kbs would both fit]?

ashy  2003-07-09 10:02:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

???.
What would be the point of burning the MPEG as a data disk? It wouldn't be compatible with any DVD players, also you would lose 100mb of disk space. You can fit 800mb of MPEG data on a disk when burned as VCD/SVCD or 820mb if you overburn and my advice is change to Nero for burning your VCD/SVCD disks as it's much better at it.

>Question is, is it the same as audio where only minutes matter not size [128kbs or 192kbs would both fit]?

Hmm...who told you this?

It is *NOT* the minutes that matter at all, but the size. You cannot fit a 2GB Video or audio file on to a disk even if it was, say only 72 mins in playing time. Whoever told you this doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

Question - TDA1 - Output to mpeg2 No.48644
syeager  2003-07-08 19:40:24 ( ID:4pytp0no/ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love this tool. Created several miniDVDs as I do not yet have a DVD burner. I especially like the editor interface for removing unwanted sections of an mpeg2 source file without reencoding. Excellent job.

Is it possible to output the edited video as a mpeg file? Or output as xsvcd? I have some people that cannot use DVD-R or DVD+R or miniDVD, but can use SVCD and XSVCD. I don't know if TDA will write xsvcd or not, but if they could save the mpeg file, I could use another tool, as well as make miniDVD with TDA. I tried renaming the VOB to an mpeg, but the program I was using VCDEasy, failed on analyzing it.

Any suggestions? Good product. Maybe a little pricey, especially for download with no media or manual. Does the purchase of the program allow for free upgrades? How are upgrades handled for registred users?

Thanks again.

willyiam  2003-07-08 23:36:05 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the Output menu Uncheck "Create DVD folder" this will output the movie to H/D as a MPEG2 file.

syeager  2003-07-10 05:06:30 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, when I uncheck the "Create DVD folder", it disables the "Begin Output" button and will not allow me to click it. Is there something else I should do? I am using version 1.5.11.37.

B_Racer  2003-07-10 09:46:50 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the "No Menu"-Settings to create your File. Then use TMPGEnc to demux it to MPEG.

willyiam  2003-07-10 10:30:21 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The quickest way. No need to demux.

Apologies for previous suggestion. Wrong authoring tool.

From "Source setup" select "Add DVD video".
Scroll to the VIDEO_TS folder and highlight it.
When Wizard appears click "Next".
Uncheck "Reading chapter information" and check "Copy the clip video data to HDD".
Select a folder to save the MPG in and click "Ok".
After TMPGEnc DVD Author has finished copying the MPG file to HD close it down.
You'll find the MPG file in the folder you selected. It's a good idea to rename it because it's rather long and can be confusing.

Dr. Seltsam  2003-07-11 20:54:15 ( ID:hvbecdq7euo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ah, I didn´t know this before. Thanks !

But be careful: A lot of DVD Stand-alone-players will play SVCD only correct, when the audio is 44,1 Khz. Because DVD audio is 48 khz, you will have to reencode audio. All tools I know will demux video + audio, reencode audio and then mux video + audio again.

syeager  2003-07-15 15:25:05 ( ID:4pytp0no/ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the input. That works. However, one of the reasons I wanted to use the mpeg was to burn an xsvcd using VCDEasy, and VCDEasy will not take mpeg files ( or the original VOB file renamed to mpeg ) from TDA. It errors but I cannot recall the error message. Remember that I start with an mpeg file ( 352x480, 29.97, 2400, 44.1 mpeg2 ) that I capture ( both VCDEasy and TDA both accept this file ), use TDA to edit out unwanted sections of the clip, create DVD output, then either burn to miniDVD or reload and extract mpeg to use in VCDEasy ( wich now will not accept the mpeg ).

Any thoughts on this? What could it be doing to mpeg that VCDEasy does not like? What other alternatives does anyone have?

willyiam  2003-07-15 17:08:22 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You could try demuxing in TMPGEnc Plus and then remux. This will result in a new header being written which should allow VCDEasy to read the MPG file.

dutchrp  2003-07-15 20:49:07 ( ID:vtiibvf2v72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cut out two batches of commercials from a video clip. I then went through the instructions to save it as an .mpg (by loading the Video_TS). What I got was three .mpgs, each one a segment where I cut out the commercials. Is there a way to have this as just one .mpg instead of three?

B_Racer  2003-07-15 21:16:44 ( ID:f0tdjnbzg.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Like i wrote before: Let TMPGEnc DVD Author produce your VOB-File.
Open the VOB with the MPEG-Tools of TMPGEnc and just demux it - ready to go!

syeager  2003-07-15 21:56:52 ( ID:4pytp0no/ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the input. That works. However, one of the reasons I wanted to use the mpeg was to burn an xsvcd using VCDEasy, and VCDEasy will not take mpeg files ( or the original VOB file renamed to mpeg ) from TDA. It errors but I cannot recall the error message. Remember that I start with an mpeg file ( 352x480, 29.97, 2400, 44.1 mpeg2 ) that I capture ( both VCDEasy and TDA both accept this file ), use TDA to edit out unwanted sections of the clip, create DVD output, then either burn to miniDVD or reload and extract mpeg to use in VCDEasy ( wich now will not accept the mpeg ).

Any thoughts on this? What could it be doing to mpeg that VCDEasy does not like? What other alternatives does anyone have?

dutchrp  2003-07-15 23:19:27 ( ID:vtiibvf2v72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks B Racer. What I got was a video file .m2v, and an audio file .wav. Is that what I should expect? I used these two files to encode a mpg using tmpgenc and the audio went fine. The video froze up at 5:16 and stayed on that one frame for the rest of the 20:00 minute video. Any help there? Am I missing something obvious?

B_Racer  2003-07-15 23:55:47 ( ID:uglt.yfgnin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The two Files you get are so called elemantary Streams. You can encode the WAV to MP2 if you like to spare Bitrate. After that, you can use an Authoring-Tool for further Authoring.
If your Goal is DVD, any DVD-Authoring-Program can handle the Files. Maybe you have to rename the .m2v to .mpv and the .mp2 to .mpa.
If your Goal is SVCD or XSVCD, use TSCV. That programm includes the Muxer MPLEx, which is able to handle the Files to produce Non-Standard-SVCDs. But you have to set the Mux-Rate to 0 which means automatic.

Question - TE25 - video and audio out of sync No.37861
dloffice  2003-07-08 17:16:01 ( ID:lkhkpbqhdmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting an avi file to mpeg, the video and audio are out of sync. Can tmpgenc correct this somehow?

Minion  2003-07-08 21:35:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There can Be Many, Many reasons for this, Like if you encode to mpeg to a Different frame rate than the AVI file then you can get audio sync Problems, if the AVI file has an gap at the beginning you can get audio sync Problems, something when encodeing AVI files they will have Bad or frozed Frames in them that Can cause the audio to go out of Sync , If you are encodeing Captured AVI Files they Can go out of Sync because they are captured to a Slightly different Frame rate than you are encodeing them to which can cause sync Problems..If the audio in the AVI file is Compressed something when it is Decompressed durring the encodeing Proscess the Length can somehow Change which causes Sync Problems and I have Noticed that tmpgenc seemd to treat "Drop Frame 29.97fps" and "Non-Drop frame 29.97fps" and regular 29.976fps files the same which can cause a sync Problem over long Movies..Depending on the Type of De-Sync you are experienceing would determine how you would fix the Problem but either way it is allmost allways Very tricky to get Files back into sync ..

Question - TE25 - What's a good burner to use? No.37858
smash  2003-07-08 02:32:03 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using Stomp RecordNow for years for music etc but it doesn't do such a good job on VCDs - they often come off cut off when I create the Visual disks...

ashy  2003-07-08 16:26:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nero is the best and easiest in my opinion.

Minion  2003-07-08 21:21:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes nero is Good If you Don"t want any Features in your VCD or SVCD, I personally Prefer useing an Authoring Program so I can add Chapters and Menu"s, Something Like VCDEasy(Not freeware anymore) or a Ulead SVCD/VCD/DVD Authoring Program Like DVD workshop..But for Just Putting a Plain VCD on Disk then Nero is Good at it...

Question - TE25 - SVCD To VCD Multi-Plexing No.37855
lennyp75  2003-07-07 22:27:41 ( ID:murkp8xvs0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey everyone,

Ok I'm starting to get really frustrated about this and have been trying to fix this problem for the past WEEK. My Panasonic DVD player isn't able to play SVCD's, therefore I tried the header trick but after each conversion the file always comes out short... a little less then half of the file is missing!! Does anyone know WHY and how to fix this problem?? It will be GREATLY appreciated if you know, thank you

Minion  2003-07-08 21:18:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK..Don"t Use the "Multiplexor" to put the header on the SVCD Files, Try this, Load your SVCD File into the "Merge & Cut" and choose "Video-CD-Non-Standard" from the Dropdown Menu then click "Run", this it should put the Header on the File But if you experience the same Problem you Might want to click the "Edit" button to Make sure that Tmpgenc can read the whole file from beginning to end, But if it doesn"t work then your SVCD File could be corrupted that is if you Downloaded it off the net...

nextvkin  2003-08-06 04:57:48 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey lennyp75,
I probably have the same Panasonic as you have & I've also been trying to convert an SVCD with header trick, but have not had any success; wasted quite a few cds in the process. Have you had any luck since and if so would you like to share it? I've tried doing what Minion suggested in his reply to you, but still no luck. I guess I could just go out & buy another player that plays SVCDs, but that would be too easy.

Question - TE25 - Dumb question but... No.37852
Havan_Ironoak  2003-07-07 20:14:26 ( ID:fynvhwgfus. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I use the DVD burning applet that comes with TMPEnc to burn data DVD's?
Is there a way to use open the DVD burning dialogue box without actually burning a movie?

At first these may seem like dumb questions but then I live in a country where millions of tourists ask the rangers at the Grand Canyon:

"Was this man-made?"
"Do you light it up at night?"
"I bought tickets for the elevator to the bottom -- where is it?"
"Is the mule train air conditioned?"
"So where are the faces of the presidents?"
"So is that Canada over there?"

Given that, my questions may not sound too dumb...

I started using the trial version TMPEnc this weekend and so far its worked like a champ. I've tried NERO and other software to burn data dvd's to no sucess and I was wondering if i could use the DVD burning applet that auto-launches after creating DVD files to burn other data files to DVD.

Minion  2003-07-07 22:19:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t Think you can use Tmpgenc DVD author to Burn Data DVD"s, But I Use Nero to Burn Data DVD"s and it seems to work Fine even on Really cheap DVD-/+r"s and it works For Multisesion data DVD"s also...Or you can allways Make an ISO out of the Data Files and Then Burn them to DVD, It might be easier...

ashy  2003-07-08 16:30:46 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why are you having problems burning data to DVD's with NERO? You must be making some sort of simple error as ot couldn't be easier.
Which DVD burning mode are you selecting when trying to burn your data to DVD?

Question - TDA1 - is PAL format correct ? No.48636
Andrew B  2003-07-07 14:54:09 ( ID:tz8nzzv6lho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just made my first DVD - from a PAL DV source, encoded with TMPGenc Plus in PAL mode, authored with TDA (bought a licence about a month ago but don't know which version as I've upgraded to the new one - 101036 I think) and burned with B's Recorder Gold ...

But rather curiously the Nero Info Tool reports the disc as NTSC 4:3(Mpeg 1 720x480) which it defintiely isn't - is this a bug in Nerd, TDA or B's Recorder and is it likely to cause any playback problems ?

Andrew B  2003-07-09 22:50:23 ( ID:tz8nzzv6lho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just bought a Nero 5.5 licence and burned the same data which is PAL format made by TMPGEnc Plus and TMPG DVD Author (both licensed and paid for copies) ...

And Nero still reports the disc as NTSC 4:3 (Mpeg1 720x480) ... which it definitely isn't - it's PAL 4:3 720x576 Mpeg2 at 25fps as reported by TMPGEnc Plus ...

Since I've now burned this disc using 2 completely independent burners - B's Recorder Gold 5 and Nero 5.5 ... presumably the incorrect header must be the fault of TMPGEnc Plus or TMPG DVD Author ...

Can the technical support for these products explain this - I live in hope but they seem to be very noticeably quiet on this Message Board ...

I was so impressed with free TMPGEnc I bought a licence for both products but I am extremely disappointed with the level of support for a simple question and may consider phoning my credit card company and complaining and requesting a refund ...

It's a simple question peeps ... why is the Nero Info Tool reporting the PAL output from your products as NTSC ???

If you say it's a Nero problem (and B's Recorder Gold) then I'll take the matter up with them ... if it's a TMPG problem, when will you fix it ?

willyiam  2003-07-10 13:14:21 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many a film has been released into Europe under the PAL badge when in fact it's actually NTSC. One example is the six DVD set of "Taken".

Nearly all the modern DVD players will cope with either format, as will modern TV sets.

TMPGEnc Plus is a brilliant piece of software but it cannot convert NTSC to PAL. File names yes, but not the actual format.

If your burning applications report the video as NTSC then you had better believe it.

bazz  2003-07-12 13:29:00 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

QUOTE:
"If your burning applications report the video as NTSC then you had better believe it."

No, sorry. I have the same error showing on nero infotool when burnt with recordnow max, and the source is home videos shot on a PAL camcorder, not rip-offs of commercial DVDs.

willyiam  2003-07-12 15:21:02 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would certainly not call it an error, a minor irritant perhaps, but only after thorough investigation into how you actually shot, captured and encoded the PAL footage. It's so easy to make a mistake when choosing parameters.

For the ultimate test, load the IFO's into IfoEdit and read off what it shows. If you see NTSC you had better believe it.

------------------
95% of all computer errors are sat in front of the keyboard. I am no exception.

bazz  2003-07-13 16:49:46 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Shot with pal 8mm camcorder, transfered to computer via firewire using sony pal dv camcorder that converts analog tapes to digital, edited with pinnacle studio 8 with all footage showing as pal 720x576, exported to avi, encoded with tmpgenc using pal settings, authored and burnt with tmpgdvd evaluation, plays as expected on pal tv, shows as ntsc with infotool.

Maybe it's nothing more than a description -- like the name of the dvd or the name of the author -- which doesn't affect the content at all. Therefore though it says ntsc, in the words of victor meldrew (for uk only) "I do not belive it".

willyiam  2003-07-13 20:49:50 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL... How could I possibly follow up now that Victor has spoke!

Andrew B  2003-07-14 19:00:40 ( ID:tz8nzzv6lho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ifoedit's report is below - which seems to show TDA has written the Video Manager Menu in NTSC although the track is PAL ... I can play the DVD fine although my player can play NTSC but a couple of friends can't play it - could this explain why ?

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VMG Overview:

Video Manager Menu attributes:
Video: MPEG-1 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (4:3) (pan-scan & letterboxed)

Number of Title Play Maps: 1 (VMG_PTT_SRPT)
Title 1: VTS_1, TTN_1 (Angles: 1) (Chapters: 3) (Start Sector 8)

Number of Video Title Sets on this DVD: 1 (VMG_VTS_ATRT)
Title Set 1:
VTS_1 Video: MPEG-2 720x576 (PAL) (PAL 625/50) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
VTS_1 Audio 1: Not Specified (Mpeg-1 ) 2ch 48Kbps 16bps

First play PGC: (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)

Menu Language Units: 1
Language Menu Unit 1: []

Menu 1: [Title-Menu] (entry PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 2: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 3: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS overview:

Menu attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x576 (PAL) (PAL 625/50) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
SubPicture 1: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

Title Set (Movie) attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x576 (PAL) (PAL 625/50) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
Audio 1: Not Specified (Mpeg-1 ) 2ch 48Kbps 16bps (ID: 0xc0)

PGC_1 (program chain): [Title(TTN): 1] [00:59:59.13 / 25 fps] (Programs: 3) (Cells: 3) (uses VOB-IDs: 1,2,3)
[Ch 01] [Pg 01] [Cell 01] [V/C Id: 1/ 1] : time: 00:21:42.21 / 25 fps [Pos: 00:21:42.21] [Frames: 32571]
[Ch 02] [Pg 02] [Cell 02] [V/C Id: 2/ 1] Layer Br.: time: 00:18:03.22 / 25 fps [Pos: 00:39:46.18] [Frames: 59668]
[Ch 03] [Pg 03] [Cell 03] [V/C Id: 3/ 1] Layer Br.: time: 00:20:12.20 / 25 fps [Pos: 00:59:59.13] [Frames: 89988]

Menu Language Units: 1

Menu 1: [Root-Menu] (entry PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 2: [Chapter (PTT) Menu] (entry PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 3: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 1)
Menu 4: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 5: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 2)
Menu 6: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 7: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 8: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 9: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 10: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
Menu 11: [entry only] (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)

Question - TE25 - Batch Multiplexing Needed! No.37850
DVDa  2003-07-07 14:09:27 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please add ability to batch multiplex, or if it is possible how?

ashy  2003-07-08 23:16:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it is already possible to batch multiplex with TMPG.

First you must enable the 'Mux://filename' option in the Enviromenral settings. Go to Option Enviromental setting>General then check 'Mux://filename' option.

Next select one of TMPG templates for the type of MPEG you wish to multiplex. I.E. choose either 'VideoCD(NTSC).mcf' for VCD or 'SuperVideoCD(NTSC).mcf' for SVCD

Now load both your Video and audio file and name the output. Click File>Add current project to batch>MPEG file
Do this for each MPEG you wish to multiplex then just run the batch program.

Question - TE25 - Temp wav file with tooLame - necessary? No.37848
gS  2003-07-07 10:17:17 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This question has been asked before, but was classified as a 'bug' and not answered. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

When using tooLame and SSRC, we notice that TMPGEnc creates a temporary wave file before launching tooLame and SSRC. My question:

If that's the case, is it then actually necessary to extract the wav audio from Virtualdub in the first place? What about AVIs with VBR MP3 audio? Can we just TMPGEnc to do all the encoding then?

gS

ashy  2003-07-07 18:06:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why even bother using Toolame at all or SSRC? TMPG now has a high quality mode which is now just as good as Toolame or SSRC. In any case I don't use either. I use third party programs for encoding the audio which is much faster and reduces my total encoding time.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.