Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 444 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Problem cutting mpeg1 yoshimandk 3 2003-07-29 18:19:58
Question TE25 Sometime missing audio when converting AVI to MPEG Martin 2 2003-07-27 09:53:50
Question TE25 PLease Herc 2 2003-07-28 17:38:48
Question TE25 AVI files displayed as twice their real size. withak 6 2003-07-27 22:20:09
Request TE25 PNG support? Patrick Elliott 6 2003-07-29 21:53:25
Question TE25 Mpeg NTSC to SVCD/VCD Michael55 0 2003-07-26 15:36:03
Question TE25 a little help needed... psycho 1 2003-07-26 22:22:29
Question TE25 Mpeg NTSC to SVCD/VCD Michael55 5 2003-07-28 17:50:11
Question TE25 Not enough memory Ferdinand 7 2003-07-31 00:21:25
Question TE25 3:2 Pulldown Flag or let TMPGENC do the job? Torque 2 2003-07-25 22:15:39
Question TE25 Splitting MPEG files phil 4 2003-07-25 22:05:22
Question TE25 Encoding Error at 97% PLUGTOP 2 2003-07-26 23:58:17

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 444 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Problem cutting mpeg1 No.38340
yoshimandk  2003-07-27 18:46:10 ( ID:cbgp4zaywkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm spliting up a large mpeg file into shorter 10 minute(ish) clips. The problem is that it was working fine untill about 40 minutes into the movie. I can play the movie in the edit window after that point, but no matter where I put the end point for the cut the clip always ends after that 40 minute mark

Minion  2003-07-27 22:18:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there is No Magic setting that will make the Merge & Cut work when it doesn"t want to work ,So then only option is to use a Different Mpeg editor, You should be able to find a freeware one if you look on google...

Tracer  2003-07-29 17:58:40 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How about DVTool (WWW.AFTERDAWN.COM)?
I think that should solve your problem?

Tracer

Tracer  2003-07-29 18:19:58 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How about DVTool (WWW.AFTERDAWN.COM)?
I think that should solve your problem?

Tracer

Question - TE25 - Sometime missing audio when converting AVI to MPEG No.38337
Martin  2003-07-27 07:57:02 ( ID:qukd5gjgyfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi -

I having a problem with some AVI files which losing the sound when converting
them to MPEG with TMPGENC (some files are converted without any problem).

Anyone ?

Thanks !

yeppie  2003-07-27 08:56:08 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Perhaps you need to install an ac3 directshow decoder (http://www.divx-ac3.com/). Or mmswitch (http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/mmswitch/) to select the proper audio stream.

Minion  2003-07-27 09:53:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Installing a AC3 filter still in most cases will not allow Tmpgenc to decode AC3 audio ,It is a Known Limitation of the Software but I hear that Hori is going to implement AC3 decodeing and Possibly AC3 Encodeing in version 3 of Tmpgenc..Tmpgenc has Problems with AC3 and VBR MP3 audio so it usually needs to be extracted and Decompressed to Wav..Virtual Dub Mod can extract them and so can AVI-Mux ,and Virtual Dub_Mpeg2_AC3 can extract AC3 from VOB giles to Wav...

Question - TE25 - PLease No.38334
Herc  2003-07-27 01:44:55 ( ID:ez6ru0p4vyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why can I not use my videostream settings under the filter settings in the project manager?

Minion  2003-07-27 07:34:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can"t make any sence out of your Question...Can you please explain you question a Bit Better??

ashy  2003-07-28 17:38:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, your question makes no sense at all.

Question - TE25 - AVI files displayed as twice their real size. No.38327
withak  2003-07-27 01:05:17 ( ID:syoklhj1wwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying to encode several AVI files that I have with TMPGE. The problem is after I load the file into TMPGE it is displayed as having twice the time and frames that it really has. This would be no more then an annoyance, but when tmpge reached the 50% point (meaning it has really encoded the whole file) it keeps trying to encode, then it crashes, and the resulting mpg file is corrupted and unplayable. I am using Divx 5.05 codec for decoding. It reports the correct time code to every other porgram? Any suggestions?

Minion  2003-07-27 07:22:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Try this , Go to "Settings" to the "Advanced" settings and double click the "Source Range" and use the source range to set the beginning Points and end points of your File then it should just encode the File from beginning to end and nothing extra...

yeppie  2003-07-27 08:58:36 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use TMPGENC 2.520 (and ffdshow)?

aznesboy401  2003-07-27 11:04:10 ( ID:rgpeughhnbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. I think there is something wrong with the audio. I used source range to cut the file but after I finish encoding there was no sound. Can someone help me out?

withak  2003-07-27 21:58:54 ( ID:syoklhj1wwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

selecting the clip length fixed the time code problem, I'll keep you posted on whether it fixed the sound droping out.

Minion  2003-07-27 22:11:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well with a Lot of Downloaded DivX or XviD movies have non-stabdard Audio formats that Tmpgenc can"t handle so you have to extract the audio from the AVI file to wav format first and use the wav file as the audio source...You can extract the audio useing AVI-Mux or Virtual Dub...

withak  2003-07-27 22:20:09 ( ID:syoklhj1wwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I opened the file that I was having a problem with in VirtualDub and it immediately gave me an error that the audio stream had a bad VBR header on it and that I should convert it to PCM WAV. I did this which took about 2 minutes, (use direct stream copy for video stream). When I reopened the file in TMPGe it had the correct time code and the audio was perfect, sync and all. Thanks for the help, I hope this will help others.

Request - TE25 - PNG support? No.38320
Patrick Elliott  2003-07-26 21:29:32 ( ID:/sanejxoubg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a feeling that there is a standard and annoying excuse for not havin this. The excuses usually range from, 'no one uses it' to 'jpeg is good enough.' Well it isn't inho. Image quality is important, more so if you start with something that might contain minor and barely noticable flaws, which jpeg 'may' in some cases amplify. If you are producing the images for something to be shown on a TV or the like, where the quality of what is shown tend to hide many flaws, then this is not a major problem. However, a lot of stuff produced is now made to be shown on computers, where flaws won't be hidden. If shifts or other glitches exist in the original pre-stream images, then there is not much you can do to remove them during compression without farther degrading the image.

The obvious answer for most people is likely to immediately be, 'well then just use BMP or something'. Great idea, as long as you are already being paid for your work and have a lot of space to store the images. If you are limited on space and don't have the kind of income that allows you to upgrade your system every time the project you want to do (especially as a hobby) grows beyond what the hard drive can store, then you can't 'just use BMP'. PNG provides a decent solution to this issue, providing a no-quality loss image, but compressed enough to be useful.

It frankly bugs me that it is not supported in things where its use can be a significant benifit.

ashy  2003-07-28 17:45:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I'll just throw in my few cents worth just to annoy you.
My simple answer is that TMPG is in actual fact an encoder designed for MPEG encoding, the other formats it can handle are just a bonus. So if you need the feature that you ask for find a program that is designed for it.

Patrick Elliott  2003-07-28 20:24:42 ( ID:/sanejxoubg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> TMPG is in actual fact an encoder designed for MPEG encoding

??? What the heck does this have to do with anything? Of course it is an MPEG encoder, but you have to encode the stream from some other source. I see neither a practical reason nor a logical one to limit those sources to file types that are at best inconvenient, at worse degrade the image, or even worse, are something like AVI, which may just add its own complications to the mix. I'm sorry, but I never saw the logic in having to use 3-4 different programs just to convert something into a format that a program like this one can actually encode. This is just plain stupid imho.

Yes, being able to encode from a list of files might be a 'bonus', but if so, that doesn't leave a whole hell of a lot of file types it can encode from without that bonus. Why is supporting a decent format that saves the user some storage space any less reasonable a thing for a program like this to have?

I swear, half the time, trying to do anything with video or 3D graphics is like a bloody digital version of a Rube Goldberg machine. Why do something in one simple step if you can do it in six steps, take ten times as long and use twenty times the disk space to do it? You can't tell me this actually makes any practical sence to you. lol

ashy  2003-07-28 22:50:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem here is that in your eagerness to have a rant you didn't quite clarify your problem.
It seemed to me you were seeking to encode to this PNG format not use it as a source which is why I made the comment about TMPG being an MPEG encoder.

If all you need to do is import this format into TMPG as a source then that is simple. Use AVIsynth or Virtualdubmod to frame serve the clips to TMPG.
It maybe an extra step, but it's only one and it only takes a moment to set up.

Patrick Elliott  2003-07-29 03:40:50 ( ID:/sanejxoubg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry. This is sort of a sore point with me. lol Seems like everything I ever buy or download has some statement in it that says, 'but if you want to do this, you will need program x, y and z.' This gets quite annoying and I ran into the problem several times this last week, which got on my nerves. ;) lol

Your suggestion does look to be a decent solution, if slightly annoying, since it won't work in a direct fashion. I still would prefer in the long run seeing it as a real option, but for now I guess learning yet another script system will have to do. lol

Thanks for the help.

ashy  2003-07-29 17:39:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Avisynth is not really that hard to learn once you get the hang of it and it does work with the files you wish to import. If you do any sort of serious video work then you will find AVIsynth invaluable.
The only thing is that it seems to flip the picture upside down with these files, so you would have to use the FLIPVERTICAL command to correct this.

If you don't want to bother with scripts then Virtualdubmod is the best solution.

Patrick Elliott  2003-07-29 21:53:25 ( ID:/sanejxoubg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah. I code in POV-Ray SDL script, VBScript, some JavaScript and recently dabbled in Python. Unfortunately it seems that AVISynth has the same problem the mud client I use had for close to a year or more, the docs that are local to the users machine are out of date and don't even show the ImageReader command. Had to look at the online docs to find it...

The irony here is that 24 hours after your suggesting someone pointed me to this:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/15796/

It includes a plugin file (guess you would called it beta) for TMPGEnc that reads PNG directly. Its nice to find out that having fallen out of a plane that you got lucky and hit a matress factory, but slightly less helpful when you hit it several days before they actually start building it. lol Dues Ex Machina isn't much help if it happens after you originally needed it. ;)

Hmm.. You can tell I have been re-reading Terry Pratchett's Discworld series the last few days...

Question - TE25 - Mpeg NTSC to SVCD/VCD No.38319
Michael55  2003-07-26 15:36:03 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

My original files are in the following format:

Video Stream: Motion Video, 320x240, 29.97003fps (NTSC), 1024kbps
Audio Stream: Audio Standard MPEG layer2 Stereo, 32KHz, 327680bps

I would like to make VCD or SVCD with them.
My TV is PAL and my DVD player can play both VCD and SVCD.
A CAT HTC 2002 but in SVCD the menue is crupted but video files play OK.

Since my original files are only 320x240 is the any point in making them SVCD? As this needs twice as much time to render as VCD.

Which imput aspect should I set, 4:3 or 4:3 NTSC or some other?

Any pointers as how best to produce SVCD / VCD would be most helpfull.

Question - TE25 - a little help needed... No.38317
psycho  2003-07-26 13:41:41 ( ID:gi2hwuwiy.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when I trie to encode from an avi to mpeg ik keep getting this violation error:
Write error occured at address 77F73AED of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000

anyone familiar with this problem??

Minion  2003-07-26 22:22:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error usually happens with XviD files, what usually works is to delete the XviD codec and install the FFDShow Decoder and configure it to decode XviD files then the error shouldn"t pop up...

Question - TE25 - Mpeg NTSC to SVCD/VCD No.38311
Michael55  2003-07-26 13:16:45 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

My original files are in the following format:

Video Stream: Motion Video, 320x240, 29.97003fps (NTSC), 1024kbps
Audio Stream: Audio Standard MPEG layer2 Stereo, 32KHz, 327680bps

I would like to make VCD or SVCD with them.
My TV is PAL and my DVD player can play both VCD and SVCD.
A CAT HTC 2002 but in SVCD the menue is crupted but video files play OK.

Since my original files are only 320x240 is the any point in making them SVCD? As this needs twice as much time to render as VCD.

Which imput aspect should I set, 4:3 or 4:3 NTSC or some other?

Any pointers as how best to produce SVCD / VCD would be most helpfull.

ashy  2003-07-26 14:04:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are these files not already VCD?
It seems to me you already have an MPEG. If that is the case and your DVD player can handle NTSC then all you need to do is add a VCD header to the MPEG by running it through the simple multiplexer, set the stream type to 'MPEG1 VCD' then just burn as a VCD.

Note: you will most likely need a multi standard TV to play NTSC sources on you player. Most modern TV's are.

If it can't handle NTSC then you will have to convert to PAL VCD, but unfortunately this is tricky to do properly. So post back if you need further assistance.

Michael55  2003-07-26 15:48:38 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Have looked for a "multiplexer" but so far all links I find are dead.

Can you recomend one and give link.

Thanks

ashy  2003-07-26 16:26:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

???
What do you mean you've looked for one?
What's wrong with TMPG's multiplexer?
File>MPEGtools>Simple multiplex

Minion  2003-07-26 22:20:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And 320+240 isn"t Quite VCD Resolution But it Might play but it would be a non-Standard VCD, If it doesn"t then you Might have to encode it to the Proper VCD resolution...unless 320+240 was a Typo...

ashy  2003-07-28 17:50:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well spotted Minion. I didn't notice the error.
But if it is MPEG it would still be worth a try to just add the header.

Question - TE25 - Not enough memory No.38303
Ferdinand  2003-07-26 05:57:28 ( ID:ssculrhf0yh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I tried to encode a 45 minutes large avi-file to mpeg-2.
After 15, sometimes 25% the encoder stops and tells "Not enough memory."

But I have enough space on hdd and 500 MHz.

And also the virtual memory value is changed to 24576 in my system.ini

What should I do???

Minion  2003-07-26 07:00:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Might need More ram...And if your PC is Only 500mhz it is Goung to take a Long time to encode as 500mhz is really slow, You can Probably upgrade to a 2ghz for about $100...

ashy  2003-07-26 17:31:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How much RAM do you have?
I still think this is a virtual memory issue.
Which operating system are you using and are you letting Windows manage your swap file?
Have you tampered with TMPG's default Temp and folder settings?

Ferdinand  2003-07-26 19:34:24 ( ID:lfda6f09fmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 128 MB RAM and set the virtual memory to 256.
I use Windows 98 SE.
And I also changed the TMPGEnc-temp-path. The temp-file is saved now on the drive with the most space.
Should I transfer the swap file to my video drive, too??

ashy  2003-07-26 20:15:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly your virtual memory setting is far too low for video work when you only have 128mb of RAM. To be honest with the limited amount of RAM you have, which is very low for video work, you should let windows manage your swapfile. This way it will dynamically expand as more size is required.

Also it is usually not a good idea to mess with TMPG's Temp settings as this commonly causes problems, leave it at default.

How much avaulable space do you have on your default drive?

It always advisable to have your swapfile on a seperate drive from the operating system providing this drive is just as fast as the default drive.

Ferdinand  2003-07-29 15:05:40 ( ID:ilellxynfm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't have much free space on my default drive, but I will delete some stuff.

Everybody says that you should set the swap file to a fixed size when you do video work. You are the first who don't agree...

Should I copy the swap file to my seperated video drive?

ashy  2003-07-29 17:47:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Everybody says that you should set the swap file to a fixed size when you do video work. You are the first who don't agree...

Maybe, but you don't have enough RAM for video work as I said nor is your swap file large enough. 3.5x your RAM at least is recommended for the swap file setting.

Ferdinand  2003-07-31 00:21:25 ( ID:ampx/sl4ryn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It works!!
I set the swap file to 500 MB.

No, I don't think I had to less RAM for video work. I do video work since four years with "only" 128 RAM.
MPEG encoding was the only thing I had trouble with.

Question - TE25 - 3:2 Pulldown Flag or let TMPGENC do the job? No.38300
Torque  2003-07-25 19:13:13 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just tried to encode an AVI (NTSC 23.976 fps) to SVCD (NTSC).
I did this a 1000nd times and mostly the result was satisfying.
I always used the 3:2 Pulldown Flag that tells the DVD-Player to add the required frames making a 29.97 NTSC output.

I now came across some AVI file (NTSC 23.976 fps) where everything seemed to work fine as usual but there are parts in the movie which are extremely jerky.

Could it be that the AVI is not entirely runing at NTSC 23.976 fps meaning there are parts within the VAI that have a diffrent framerate?
How would I find out?

In general what is the better approach setting the flag or let TMPGENC do the job and add the frames?

Thanks in advance!

Minion  2003-07-25 21:23:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I would do is Encode it as a 23.97fps file then use a Little Program called "Pulldown.exe" or "DoPulldown" to add the Pulldown Flags..And Make sure that Tmpgenc see"s the File as a Progressive source cuz who ever made the File could have done something stupid Like taken a Fully NTSC Source and encoded it as 23.97fps Interlaced, in which case Pulldown would not work properly..I have downloaded a Few Files that were like this...good luck...Cheers

Torque  2003-07-25 22:15:39 ( ID:yvyzl4fy5kk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a bunch ... I will give it a shot!

Later .... (gone encoding ...)

Question - TE25 - Splitting MPEG files No.38295
phil  2003-07-25 15:10:06 ( ID:8ywyto64bgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me how to split the mpeg files created so I can fit tem on 2 CDs?

Torque  2003-07-25 18:40:41 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

You can use TMPGENC's mpg tools for splitting.
But that is a lenghty process and produces sometimes strange results.
I recommend to split the files before you encode or use the source range feature in TMPGENC.

Cheers!

ashy  2003-07-25 19:01:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>But that is a lenghty process and produces sometimes strange results
What strange results? Never have a problem here.

Torque  2003-07-25 20:03:45 ( ID:yvyzl4fy5kk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Strange Results -->

Audio mutes at the end of the file and video goes on for another 10 seconds
'Odd' algorithm splitting an already intact mpeg file through demultiplexing and then multiplexing again.
Takes forever .....

Message understood?
:)

Cheers

ashy  2003-07-25 22:05:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Audio mutes at the end of the file and video goes on for another 10 seconds
Well this must be unique to your file. There are others who have problems with the MPEGtools and this is usually due to dodgy MPEGs and dodgy systems..
TMPG's own files hardly ever cause a problem and I have to say in the years I have been using TMPG I hardly ever have had a problem splitting most MPEGs except for ones created with other programs which when checked are usually corrupt in some way.
It also can be caused by a badly configured system. People don't realise the effect of installing every codec known to man (namely these pathetic codec packs) and other conflicting programs can cause.
TMPG relies on directshow for splitting MPEGs and therefore any problems with directshow on a badly configured system is only going to manifest itself like this.

My system is clean, I only have the codecs I need and the MPEGs I create are not corrupt in anyway hence hardly any problems with TMPG.
If it was purely a TMPG problem then it would happen to everyone, but it doesn't.

Question - TE25 - Encoding Error at 97% No.38292
PLUGTOP  2003-07-25 12:02:00 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I use tmpeg to convert avi to mpg2 it freezes at around 97%, always where the end credits are. I get messages of invalid pointer error.

Can anyone help on this one please

Thanks

Minion  2003-07-25 21:18:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there could be an error in your AVI file at the Point were it is crashing, especially if it is a file you downloaded off the net as they are easilly corrupted, you can try to use the "Source Range" to start encodeing again a few frames after were it crashes then join the 2 files together with the "Merge & Cut" But if it is only the Credits you are Missing then you might just take it as it is as No one likes Credits....

PLUGTOP  2003-07-26 23:58:17 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help, I'll try the source range:)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.