Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 455 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Batch Multiplexing Needed! DVDa 1 2003-07-08 23:16:42
Question TE25 Temp wav file with tooLame - necessary? gS 1 2003-07-07 18:06:27
Question TE25 Encoding JDCat3 1 2003-07-07 05:48:11
Question TE25 m2v to mpg !! file unsupported or file error !! SLIPKNOTS 1 2003-07-06 22:27:59
Question TE25 tmpgenc opening vobs ie vts_01 etc. chilledmug 1 2003-07-06 22:25:11
Question TE25 Problem with demultiplexing different length ds 2 2003-07-07 00:25:32
Question TE25 No Sound Derekbobo 3 2003-07-06 22:15:03
Question TE25 Weird problem with TMPG Window marko 0 2003-07-06 15:10:13
Question TE25 No audio in merge!!! alexk 4 2003-07-08 16:40:51
Request TE25 Additional Merge-Function and Efficiency-Issue Shenfeng 2 2003-07-06 11:59:33
Question TE25 How to convert avi file ReneJr86 3 2003-07-07 19:31:22
Request TDA1 Functionality Edge 0 2003-07-05 20:59:36

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 455 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Batch Multiplexing Needed! No.37850
DVDa  2003-07-07 14:09:27 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please add ability to batch multiplex, or if it is possible how?

ashy  2003-07-08 23:16:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it is already possible to batch multiplex with TMPG.

First you must enable the 'Mux://filename' option in the Enviromenral settings. Go to Option Enviromental setting>General then check 'Mux://filename' option.

Next select one of TMPG templates for the type of MPEG you wish to multiplex. I.E. choose either 'VideoCD(NTSC).mcf' for VCD or 'SuperVideoCD(NTSC).mcf' for SVCD

Now load both your Video and audio file and name the output. Click File>Add current project to batch>MPEG file
Do this for each MPEG you wish to multiplex then just run the batch program.

Question - TE25 - Temp wav file with tooLame - necessary? No.37848
gS  2003-07-07 10:17:17 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This question has been asked before, but was classified as a 'bug' and not answered. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

When using tooLame and SSRC, we notice that TMPGEnc creates a temporary wave file before launching tooLame and SSRC. My question:

If that's the case, is it then actually necessary to extract the wav audio from Virtualdub in the first place? What about AVIs with VBR MP3 audio? Can we just TMPGEnc to do all the encoding then?

gS

ashy  2003-07-07 18:06:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why even bother using Toolame at all or SSRC? TMPG now has a high quality mode which is now just as good as Toolame or SSRC. In any case I don't use either. I use third party programs for encoding the audio which is much faster and reduces my total encoding time.

Question - TE25 - Encoding No.37846
JDCat3  2003-07-07 04:57:36 ( ID:vu3wcxs/9ha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone help me out?

I'm try to encode an avi file and I keep on getting an error saying (Can't load P3 PACKAGE .dll). Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank You,

JDCat3

ReneJr86  2003-07-07 05:48:11 ( ID:2wjx/wo6w1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you moved the TMPGEnc icon out of the folder then it will say that. Put the icon back in its folder then it should work.

Question - TE25 - m2v to mpg !! file unsupported or file error !! No.37844
SLIPKNOTS  2003-07-06 22:09:35 ( ID:dzwuva9rhrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

whenever i want to encode that file, it says error or not supported !
.m2v file !

Minion  2003-07-06 22:27:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Have to have Specific Mpeg2 decoder installed before Tmpgenc will load Mpeg2 files...What is the Best way to encode Mpeg2 files with Tmpgenc is to use a program called "DVD2AVI" to Frameserve the M2V file to tmpgenc, It is Much Faster and a More reliable Method..Read the Post below this and It gives a Brief explanation on How to Use DVD2AVI with VoB files ,it is the same for M2V files accept M2V files have no audio...

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc opening vobs ie vts_01 etc. No.37842
chilledmug  2003-07-06 21:57:27 ( ID:sxpdaqntfro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. usung tmpgenc how do I get it to open all the vobs from a ripped dvd simultanously for encoding to mpeg 1 or 2?

2. Do I combine my vobs in tmpgenc tools?

3. If so, please give me basic procedures, I don't know what "demultiplxing" is for and if it has to be re-encoded etc.

Minion  2003-07-06 22:25:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are NOT supposed to load Vob files directly into Tmpgenc, Tmpgenc will not Know what Audio track you want and if the audio is AC3 Tmpgenc will not be able To decode it...The Regular method involveds useing a Program called "DVD2AVI", you run this Program and Load the First VOB file into it and the Rest will Load automaticly, Now go to "audio" to "Dolby digital" Choose "Decode", Now go to "File" to "Save Project", It will Leave you with a Wav audio file and a "D2V" Frameserver File that you will use for the Video, Now just load the D2V file in as the Video source and use the wav file as the audio source and encode Like Normal, If It gives you an error about the D2V file being Unsupported the Take the "DVD2AVI.vfp" File from the DVD2AVI Folder and Copy and Paste it onto the Tmpgenc folder, Not tmpgenc should accept the D2V file as the Video source, and do NOT Move, Rename or Delete the VoB file untill after you are Finnished encodeing...

Question - TE25 - Problem with demultiplexing different length No.37839
ds  2003-07-06 20:31:28 ( ID:fj0elgozsmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I'm using the version 2.58 and i have tested it with 2.511.
I found a problem with demultiplexing a mpeg2-stream with different length of audio and video stream.
I have a MPEG2-Video with different length of audio and video stream. The audio-stream ist about 5% smaller than the video-Stream. In the last 5% of the movie there isn't existing any audio-stream.
If I demultiplex them the video stream will be cut off the last 5%, so the video-stream has the same length as the audio-stream.
Is this a bug, an error or must i do something in the options?
Thanks
PS: Yes, my english is bad. ;-)

Minion  2003-07-06 22:18:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Bug is in your Mpeg file..Mpeg files or any Video file for that matter should have the same Length of Audio and Video ..Try This, Use the Regular de-Muxer NOT the "Simple De-multiplex" and Extract the audio first then extract the Video, hopefully this should work...

ds  2003-07-07 00:25:32 ( ID:fj0elgozsmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

yes, the audio-stream had an bug.
I have tried a lot of variants:
"Simple De-multiplex", normal "De-multiplex", first Audio or first Video Stream etc. Nothing has function.

With another tool, i had demultiplex and then multiplex with the correct audio stream without problems.

Thanks

Question - TE25 - No Sound No.37835
Derekbobo  2003-07-06 17:59:55 ( ID:knko8etqfhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encoding the avi files to an mpg is simple enough however it displays no sound what so ever. Is there a way to resolve this matter?

On the loading screen i click on Video-CD, then PALAny help would be muchly appreciated

Minion  2003-07-06 19:44:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well This is Probably because the audio in the AVI file is of a Format that is not supported By Tmpgenc..You will have to use something like "AVI-Mux" to extract the audio from the AVI file to WAV format, then use the wav filr as the audio source in tmpgenc...

derek  2003-07-06 20:22:43 ( ID:knko8etqfhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Well This is Probably because the audio in the AVI file is of a Format that is not supported By Tmpgenc..You will have to use something like "AVI-Mux" to extract the audio from the AVI file to WAV format, then use the wav filr as the audio source in tmpgenc...

This is probably REALLY lazy but does anyone have a link for avi-mux or whatever the prog was mentioned above?

Minion  2003-07-06 22:15:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well your Right ,It is Really Lazy as I"ll have to do the Work for you, ...Try Here : http://www.divx-digest.tv/software/edit/avimux04.zip..What you do is Load your File into it and it should come up with a line saying Video and a Line saying Audio and each Line will have a Box next to is, Un-Check the Video and Leave the Audio checked, Now Right click on the Audio Line and Choose compression as Being "Wav" or "No compression",(I"m dong this From Memory so it might not be Exactly Right), now save it as an AVI file and when it makes the avi File Just re-name it to Wav..Now use the Wav file as the audio source...

Question - TE25 - Weird problem with TMPG Window No.37834
marko  2003-07-06 15:10:13 ( ID:qyhcu5nlurf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a strange problem. Everytime I work with TMpg the dialog boxes don't appear in the middle of the screen. They appear on the right bottom, so that I can only see the corner of the windows. The rest is outside of the screen. I first have to pull the windows back to the middle and when I open another window it is off screen again...
I know this sounds strange and maybe this is a problem with my windows (Win 2000 Pro). But I only have this problem with TMpg and I want to know if someone else heard of that. Although I fear I will end up with a reinstallation of windows... :(

Question - TE25 - No audio in merge!!! No.37829
alexk  2003-07-06 06:05:05 ( ID:7c01oh56fvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having loads of trouble...
I will start from the beginning...
I have 20 little movies on a dvd that a friend of mine burned.
I tried to merge them together into one movie so I can durn a disk with chapters in dvditse but I have no audio..so...

I have de-multiplexed each movie and have a m2v and an ac3 for each one.
then I did simple multiplex and once again merged and got no audio...

Then I put the ac3 into besweet and made a .wav of the audio
put .wav into tmpge and made .wav into mp2

Went back to simple multiplex and got the error that this audio is not supported.

Then I changed the .wav into mpa and tried agaion and got the same problem.

I am new at this so hopefully I am just making some beginners mistake.
i appreciate the help in advance!!!!
My ultimate goal is to merge these 20 or so movies together and edit the one movie and put into dvditse to put chapter points.

Thank you

ashy  2003-07-06 11:47:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't use TMPG to merge movies with Ac3.
As you have discovered you will lose the audio.
If these movies are in VOB format all you need is a VOB merging program such as VOBMerge.
VOBMerge will also merge normal MPEGs.
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/evilmastr/vobmain.html

alexk  2003-07-06 21:25:46 ( ID:7c01oh56fvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy but... I tried vobmerge.
Got the vob from my dvd and tried to input it but got the error message file denied. as a matter of fact no vob from any disk will be inputed. What now am I doing wrong!!!!!
thanks

Minion  2003-07-06 22:31:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Running XP or Win2000 with a NTSF File system then you can Use Smartripper to Rip the DVD to One Big Vob file so you will not need to Merge them, You can also use it to extract all of the audio to on Big AC3 File if you want...

ashy  2003-07-08 16:40:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm... you can't just merge VOBs straight from a DVD.
VOBs are encrypted on DVD for copy protection which is why it won't work. You need to rip the VOBs to your Hard drive first with Smartripper.
Also any file which has the read only option checked in it's properties will also cause this and this will be the case with any file on a disk.

Request - TE25 - Additional Merge-Function and Efficiency-Issue No.37826
Shenfeng  2003-07-05 23:44:37 ( ID:sscxktbqh8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I would like to make a little request here:

Today I had to merge several (about 40) MPEG-clips together. Each hat an Intro and Outro, which I wanted to cut out. So I had to set the range for each clip one by one. That was kinda awkward, so I'm asking, could you build in one of the next versions of TMPGEnc a small function, which allows it to apply one range setting for all MPEG-files to be merged?

Then there is something I would like to ask. I recently came across another encoder "cinema craft". It seems to have a more efficient encoding algorithm, since it encodes almost twice as fast as TMPGEnc does. Are you working on a better algorithm to improve TMPGEnc's performance?

Anyways TMPGEnc rules, keep it up!
SH

Minion  2003-07-06 03:15:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes CCE Is a Better Mpeg2 encoder and On My CPU it is allmost 5 times as Fast(Encode a 2 hour movie in less than an hour), I don"t think the Feature you are asking for (If I understand it Correctly) would be Very Benificial to very many Poeple, Not many Poeple will have a Bunch of files that have the Exact amount of Video to cut out of the exact same spot in every single file, Meaning Not many poeple are going to have to edit out For instance 22.3 seconds off of the beginning of 40 Files..Do you see what I mean, and the Tmpgenc Editor is supposed to be for Just very basic editing, and it isn"t even very good at that as it does not support the accurate editing of VBR encoded Mpeg files, and When joining many files they have a Habit of going out of sync..If you want a Full purpose Mpeg editing try something like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" but even that doesn"t have the feature you are asking for I don"t think any editor has that Feature and I own a Lot of different ones....Cheers

ashy  2003-07-06 11:59:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Regarding Cinemcraft your comments about Cinemacraft encoder.
Yes this is a more efficient encoder, but it also costs many, many times more.
Also Cinemacraft only has the advantage of speed and better quality where MPEG2 is concerned. For MPEG1 TMPG beats it hands down and as far as I know there is no better MPEG1 encoder.
Secondly the interface to Cinemacraft leaves a lot to be desired. It just simply cannot compare to TMPG as far as features are concerned. You name another encoder that offers as much as TMPG for the cost.

Also the main reason TMPG is slower is because it can only decode in RGB rather than YUV such as Cinemacraft. This causes a serious speed penalty in TMPG and I and certain others have asked for this feature to be introduced. The only problem being it would mean a major rewrite in the code. Hopefully in a future version this important features will be introduced, but until then if your not happy with the speed of TMPG then I suggest you stump up $2000.

Question - TE25 - How to convert avi file No.37822
ReneJr86  2003-07-05 22:08:08 ( ID:2wjx/wo6w1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is what I did. I opened TMPGEnc and it took me to the Project Wizard. I selected the Video CD and selected NTCS. Then I put the avi file from Kazaa in the Video File but I didnt put anything in the Audio File because I dont know what to put. Then it took me to the filter settings but I didnt know what to do so I pushed next. The it took me to the Bitrate Settings but I just pushed next again. The I saved it in my folder and pushed next. Then it started to convert it but after it was done the movie still didnt show the picture. Can you tell me what I did wrong and can you tell me what to put in the Audio File. Thanks

Minion  2003-07-06 03:06:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK..Well the Audio Probably didn"t Show up because either you do not have the right codec to decode it or which is more likely the audio in the AVI file is Of a Format that is Unsupported By Tmpgenc, What you would have to do is Use a seperate Program to Extract the audio from the AVI file to a Useable Format,Wav format is the best..Tmpgenc Can not decode AC3 Audio and VBR MP3, and they Both can be a bitch to extract Properly especially VBR Mp3..If the audio is VBR Mp3 I would use a Program called "VirtualDub_Mod" ,If it is AC3 I would use "AVI-Mux", You can use AVI-Mux For Both Formats..The Problem with No Video Can Usually be fixed By running Tmpgenc then go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and then Raise the "Direct show" Priority To "2"..Now the Video should be in the File, You will know if there is Video in the File if you can see your Video being Encoded in the Tmpgenc Screen..A Good Place to read up on How to Properly Make VCD"s ,SVCD"s or DVD"s and to Solve Problems that Can arise is: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/", Or if you ever get really stuck you can e-mail me....Cheers

Fixitlady  2003-07-07 06:29:20 ( ID:mesdclfdsno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had trouble getting TMPGenc to open my xvid .AVI. So initially I went to www.doom9.org, got codecs for XviD files and more. Next I did some searching and found this advice, it turned out to be a golden nugget:

"...TMPGEnc is an excellent encoder for making VCD's... Just change the priorities as follows in your TMPGEnc->Options->Environmental Settings->VFAPI plug-in:

Directshow.....3
AVI2(OPEN DML).....1
BMP/PPM.......-2
DVD2AVI......-2
TMPGEnc Project.....-2

Rest of them set all on 0

And now you wont even need to frameserve - just load the XviD files into TMPGEnc as you would any standard AVI file and encode as you wish

These settings I have used in TMPGEnc for converting a DivX file to mpeg and then taking the mpeg and useing it in nero (or whatever) to make a svcd or vcd."

After I did this, I learned to "tweak" the bitrate to get the right size/good quality from using the search and reading the already posted info in this BBS.

Thankx Moderators, You're all great!

Minion  2003-07-07 19:31:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is actually better to use FFDShow instead of the XviD codec for decodeing files as you can and many times do get a NTDLL.dll error when decodeing XviD useing the Xvid Codec...

Request - TDA1 - Functionality No.48635
Edge  2003-07-05 20:59:36 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, got the new upgrade, thanx for the ability to add motion menu's even if it is rather simple right now. Thank you very much for letting me hear audio in the preview cut window, and even thank you for the dvd burning engine although it was not a need for me. The baby steps are working and I very much appreciate the relatively rapid response to the problems. I hope you are paying the most attention to the requests for menu support, this is what will set your tools apart from any others.

To tweak the motion menu, let us add direct from dvd video instead of just mpeg files.

please give us template editing tools.

In absense of this, profile tools would be nice.

the biggest complaint I have is the chapter/track pages cannot be deleted if not used, and the highlight colors cannot be changed.

Basically, show us the safe area and let us create our own links/fonts/highlight colors/pictures/video boxes/etc...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.