Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 453 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 Tmpgenc causes error in MCMPGDEC.DLL Detko 2 2003-07-11 21:53:25
Question TDA1 More than one sound-track on DVD giba 2 2003-07-14 06:44:48
Question TE25 variable vs constant bitrate smash 8 2003-07-11 23:51:55
Question TE25 Opening Other Programs Sakuya 1 2003-07-11 17:50:06
Question TE25 New starter Jehuty 1 2003-07-10 20:42:17
Question TE25 New starter Jehuty 0 2003-07-10 18:53:30
Question TE25 convert transport stream into format Final Cut Pro4 can read? Les Caudle 4 2003-07-12 00:48:07
Question TE25 Sound skipping Chris 1 2003-07-10 20:48:22
Question TE25 Processing all files in a directory mandy 1 2003-07-10 20:55:24
Question TE25 Read error occured... xaros 0 2003-07-10 13:42:11
Question TE25 ac3 sound stops and starts on standalone keywasere 6 2003-07-12 19:44:48
Question TE25 Wizard - size Scorpaen 1 2003-07-10 08:12:58

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 453 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - Tmpgenc causes error in MCMPGDEC.DLL No.37907
Detko  2003-07-11 17:19:34 ( ID:mmsckdzag1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Tsunami MPGEnc Users,

I am using TMPGENc version 2.513.53.162 (Core version 1.96.149).
SVCD encoding works very fine and the menu says I can use MPEG-2 for another 26 days.

However, when I try to "Merge & Cut" the final SVCD file from the "MPEG Tools ..." menu I receive an error message when I change the slider position in the sub-menu "Edit merge item" saying:

"Tmpgenc caused in error in MCMPGDEC.DLL.
Tmpgenc will be closed."

When I hit the Exit button Tmpgenc terminates and I am back in the Windows Desktop environment.

The same phenomenon appears when I try to enter appropriate time intervals by the keyboard in the "Range" fields of the "Edit merge item" sub-menu.

MCMpgEnc.DLL appears to be located in the C:WindowsSystem directory.

Do you know what should cause this erratic behaviour and - even better - how to avoid this?
Many thanks.

T.C. Kouters

ashy  2003-07-11 18:01:24 ( ID:yjsxxtyiiih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all please refrain from posting questions as bug reports until it has been confirmed with other users that this is a bug.

This seems like a a third party codec (which was installed by another program) that TMPG is trying to use to read your MPEG2 file, but is causing a problem.

My advice is to install one of the recommended software players first then try again or try installing the MPEG2 VIDEO VFAPI Plug.

Also if your MPEG2 plugin is listed in the VFAPI plugins try raising it's priority.

Minion  2003-07-11 21:53:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yup that is what It sounds Like, It seems like Tmpgenc is trying to access the MCMPGDEC.DLL which I think is the "MainConcept Mpeg2 Decoder" which is a Direct show Mpeg2 Filter which is Not Supported By Tmpgenc, You will Either have to install the Ligos decoder Cyberlink Decoder or the Mpeg2 VFAPI Plugin which I get the best results From as On My System Tmpgenc can not decode Mpeg2 files useing Ligos or Cyberlink, But it doesn"t have a Problem decodeing with the Mpeg2 VFAPI Plugin....Cheers

Question - TDA1 - More than one sound-track on DVD No.48657
giba  2003-07-11 06:51:29 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have seen TDA accept AC3 as input along with WAV and M2P. How can I force TDA to author AC3 and WAV (plus the video of course) and make my DVD look really professional or is this functionallity reserved for very big money only ?
Is there a free program that does it ?

B_Racer  2003-07-11 22:20:34 ( ID:uglt.yfgnin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you not want any Menus, you can use IFOEdit to produce your VOBs. (TitleSet).
You can use IFOEdit also for muxing an extra Sound-Track to a TitleSet, produced by TMPGEnc DVD Author. But taht's a little complicated.

Using more than one Sound-Track is the Feature i miss in TMPGEnc DVD Author. I will register the Program the same day, it supports this.

giba  2003-07-14 06:44:48 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I'll have another look at this IFOEdit. As you mention it seems rather complicated...
Another well known company has been advertising recently for the new version 1.3 sharing more than one type of sound track on the same DVD. It is misleading as it only means more than one sound track on the same DVD (for different tracks !!!).

Question - TE25 - variable vs constant bitrate No.37898
smash  2003-07-11 06:27:35 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it worth encoding in variable bitrate? Does it really make much difference or should I just stick with constant?

B_Racer  2003-07-11 13:10:35 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VBR is better if the wanted bitrate is lower than the Maximum (alowed)-Bitrate. If not, use CBR.

ashy  2003-07-11 17:44:58 ( ID:yjsxxtyiiih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VBR makes a difference where file size is concerned.
For instance you could either fit more on a disk and acheive the same quality as a similar CBR encode which would only allow less to be stored on disk or you could store the same amount of data on disk, but with higher quality than the same CBR.

In short VBR lets you make higher quality encodes while reducing the file size.

smash  2003-07-11 19:24:31 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yea, but it takes way longer to encode and only works for SVCDs since VCDs have fixed bitrate, right?

KSmut  2003-07-11 21:00:01 ( ID:smcdppin92j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, you can encode a MPEG-1 (VCD) using 2-pass VBR. It will play on your computer, but probably not on anything else. IMHO, VBR isn't worth it. For MPEG-1, I use CBR and MPEG-2 CQ. Quality is just as good. Sure, the files are a little larger but you save time.

Minion  2003-07-11 21:43:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most VCD/DVD players will Play VCD"s encoded to VBR as Long as the Min/Max Bitrate aren"t to Low/High, and useing the CQ method is Probably the Best VBR Method for encodeing as it will in Most cases Produce simular Quality as 2-Pass VBR.I have had Exelent Results with VBR, I have been able to back up a 100min DVD to a 704+480 mpeg2 video File that is Under 2 gb with Pristene Quality useing One Pass VBR with CCE, so I can Back up 2 Whole DVD"s to a Single DVD-/+R with Great Quality...

B_Racer  2003-07-11 22:15:27 ( ID:uglt.yfgnin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I aggree to Minion. By using VBR, you can expect much better results - if... see my first answer.

ashy  2003-07-11 23:46:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Yea, but it takes way longer to encode and only works for SVCDs since VCDs have fixed bitrate, right?

What do you mean it takes longer?
It doesn't take any longer than CBR. Unless you are using the 2pass method.
Yes you can encode MPEG1 to VBR. It won't be standard VCD, but I haven't come across a DVD player that won't handle it. That is the nature of DVD players seeing as they are designed to handle VBR anyway.

>IMHO, VBR isn't worth it. For MPEG-1, I use CBR and MPEG-2 CQ. Quality is just as good. Sure, the files are a little larger but you save time.

How the heck do you work that out?
First of all the quality of CBR is not as good as VBR unless you are using quite high bitrates and even then using VBR with the right settings will give you the same quality but smaller file size and secondly CQ *IS* a VBR method.

ashy  2003-07-11 23:51:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Foe insatnce when encoding to MPEG1 VBR I can acheive a max bitrate of 3000 kb/s and a minimum of 0kb/s this allows me to fit over 1 hour of material on 1 80min disk.
If I encoded the same max bitrate with CBR I would only get half an hour on one disk yet the quality is virtually the same.
Now do you see the point?

Question - TE25 - Opening Other Programs No.37896
Sakuya  Home )  2003-07-11 02:31:18 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering, I am using eDonkey2000 to download videos. And I want to put the video on VCD. Since I have all this time to download, I don't want to waste my time when I can do other stuff. So would it affect the download if I started converting using TMPGEnc? Would the download affect the conversion process?

ashy  2003-07-11 17:50:06 ( ID:yjsxxtyiiih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on your connection. If you have a fast connection it would affect it to some degree. Downloading isn't really CPU intensive, but it could cause your hard drive to work hard because of the constant changes the heads would have to make to write both of the data streams, but to be honest I don't think it will slow down the process too much.

Question - TE25 - New starter No.37894
Jehuty  2003-07-10 18:58:54 ( ID:ypbsbd3ok4w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just downloaded Stargate SG1 Children of the Gods.Here are the details I get when I pop it into Avi Codec before Encoding;

Type:AVI,1 Audio stream, Quality 69%
Video: 568MB, 820Kbps, 23.976fps (16:9)DIVx3 MPEG-4 low motion Supported
Audio: 133MB 192Kbps, 48000HZ 2 Channel 0x2000 AC3 DVM-Supported

The problem is how do I get the crackling and popping sound out of the audio. I've extracted the WAV file and converted to PCM, then merged them using the protocols of TMPGenc and end up with very good quality VCD.The frame rate is not as good as 29.970 though and is noticable in the playback. Audio is synched, but I'm Used to frame rates of 29.970 and don't normally have a problem with the audio (or the video for that matter!)Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction. I'm Not familiar with the AC3 codec so is this the problem and how could I successfully convert to 29.970 with DIVx 5.02.

Cheers
jehuty

ashy  2003-07-10 20:42:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the popping and crackling in the original audio or not?
As for your playback problem with the frame rate. This is because you have changed the frame rate from 23.976 to 29.97. You should have encoded to the same frame rate or encoded to MPEG2 with 3:2 pulldown applied to give you the correct 29.97 frame rate.
TMPG cannot do a proper frame rate conversion.

Question - TE25 - New starter No.37893
Jehuty  2003-07-10 18:53:30 ( ID:ypbsbd3ok4w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just downloaded Stargate SG1 Children of the Gods.Here are the details I get when I pop it into Avi Codec before Encoding;

Type:AVI,1 Audio stream, Quality 69%
Video: 568MB, 820Kbps, 23.976fps (16:9)DIVx3 MPEG-4 low motion Supported
Audio: 133MB 192Kbps, 48000HZ 2 Channel 0x2000 AC3 DVM-Supported

The problem is how do I get the crackling and popping sound out of the audio. I've extracted the WAV file and converted to PCM, then merged them using the protocols of TMPGenc and end up with very good quality VCD.The frame rate is not as good as 29.970 though and is noticable in the playback. Audio is synched, but I'm Used to frame rates of 29.970 and don't normally have a problem with the audio (or the video for that matter!)Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction. I'm Not familiar with the AC3 codec so is this the problem and how could I successfully convert to 29.970 with DIVx 5.02.

Cheers
jehuty

Question - TE25 - convert transport stream into format Final Cut Pro4 can read? No.37888
Les Caudle  2003-07-10 17:36:30 ( ID:cdpcoxwd4/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We are evaluating your TMPGEnc Plus product.

We are using codecs from
http://www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/decoder/EMpgDec20.zip

that enable us to read HDTV transport stream files. 1920 x 1080i with TMPGEnc - and that works.

1. Is it possible, using different codecs to output to MPEG4?

2. What are the settings to output to a format that can be imported into Apple's Final Cut Pro (possibly mpeg2) with the least amount of degredation of the image.

3. Does your retail product provide further capabilities to process the image - to get the best possible quality?

---

Our goal is to use these transport stream files in Final Cut Pro to produce DVDs.

Thanks, Les Caudle

ashy  2003-07-10 20:46:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>1. Is it possible, using different codecs to output to MPEG4?
YES

>2. What are the settings to output to a format that can be imported into Apple's Final Cut Pro (possibly mpeg2) with the least amount of degredation of the image
Probably uncompressed RAW AVI

>3. Does your retail product provide further capabilities to process the image - to get the best possible quality?
YES

ashy  2003-07-10 21:20:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In any case why are you creating an intermmediate file to import into Apple's Final Cut Pro anyway?

You can simply convert the transport stream to whatever you want with the VFAPI codec which means there will be NO quality loss at all.
Simply load your file into TMPG. Set the required settings then save as a project file.
Now load that into the VFAPI converter to create a dummy AVI which should only take a second if you choose not to convert the audio also.
Load the resulting AVI into whatever application you want.

Minion  2003-07-11 21:48:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t Know if the VFAPI Method will Work if you are Trying to convert these TS Streams to a Format that you can Use On an Apple Computer which is what I think you are Doing as you said you were working with Final Cut Pro..If final cut pro will Accept regular Mpeg 2 files you can easilly convert the TS streams to Real Mpeg2 files without Quality loss useing a Program like PVStrumento or even Mpeg2VCR has a TS to mpeg converter....

ashy  2003-07-12 00:48:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see you wish to use these files on an apple system.
As minion says just convert the stream to a regular MPEG2 program stream with MPEG2VCR, MPEGCarver or DVD Toolbox-2 on a windows system.

If your looking for something to do it for free and is a Mac compatible program then download BBDMUX for the AppleMac from here:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/bbtools.html
Just simply demux with BBDMux to elementry streams and either directly import into Final cut Pro (if possible) or remux as a normal MPEG2 program stream.

Question - TE25 - Sound skipping No.37886
Chris  2003-07-10 14:28:31 ( ID:gvsqel7wmpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i encode a non standard vcd with
bitrate different from 1150 ( like 900,800 ),
awlays the sound skips.Does anybody has any idea
how to fix this.

ashy  2003-07-10 20:48:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If this doesn't happen on the PC then probably your DVD player doesn't support bitrates lower than standard VCD.

Question - TE25 - Processing all files in a directory No.37884
mandy  2003-07-10 14:05:23 ( ID:nmqdyrajeaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Calling all experts..

I have one directory with non-vcd compliant mpgs.

What I want to do is convert all the mpgs (over 500) into mpegs I can burn to vcd in another directory (just one)

Meaning I have these batch of non compliant mpgs in A that I would like to convert to compliant mpgs and save them in B.

I've tried batch processing and my fingers hurt like hell after clicking browse etc for over 3000 times and i still have over 350 mpg files to convert.

Please help. And Thank you.

ashy  2003-07-10 20:55:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download TMPGEnc Batch List Creator from here:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/tmpgenc.html

Question - TE25 - Read error occured... No.37883
xaros  2003-07-10 13:42:11 ( ID:pyucito0o5k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am unable to encode in any format. I choose the .avi source file, and every time I press start, the following message pops up:

Read error occured at address 00402F40 of module '00062327.exe' with 3630302C.

Is there anything special that I have to configure before I start any jobs?

Question - TE25 - ac3 sound stops and starts on standalone No.37876
keywasere  2003-07-10 07:24:32 ( ID:xkkr69ocgcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there, Firstly sorry if the answer is allready on the forum, i have looked but cannot find it anywhere.
Im am attempting to create a dvd-r from an AVI release that is 23.97 framrate.
I have seperated the audio/video using virtualdub and converted the audio to ac3 using besweet. Then using tmpg i have selected film movie (23.97) and followed the chain of event to the end.
When i authored the results using dvd movie factory i found that the audio kept on going of and on at different intervals.
I have previously done the exact same convert using ac3 and 29.97 vidoe and got perfect results. I have noticed in the "other settings" section of tmpg that the inverse telecine box is allready checked, should this be??? there are no other boxes checked in this section.
Just to ensure the avi file was not corrupt i have also tried another release with AC3 and 23.97 framerate and got exactly the same results, i.e. audio cutting in and out.
Please help!!!

Minion  2003-07-10 08:29:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well This is Odviously Not a Tmpgenc Problem as Tmpgenc has absolutly nothing to Do with your Audio, You said that you are Useing a Totally seperate Program to encode your Audio so Tmpgenc never even touches the audio.. Are you Muxing the AC3 audio with the Mpeg video file you encode in Tmpgenc?? and if so what are you useing to Mux the AC3 with the Mpv?? And if your AVI file is 23.97fps you Should NOT have the Inverse Telicline Box Checked, as you want your File to come out at 29.97fps not 23.97, You should either use the "23.97(29.97fps Internally)" Frame rate setting, or you can encode it at 23.97fps then after it is encoded use a Program called "Pulldown.exe" or "DoPulldown" which will add 3:2 Pulldown to the 23.97fps Mpeg file which will make it playback at 29.97fps...

ashy  2003-07-10 21:08:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Inverse Telecine setting should not be set. Quite why TMPG automatically checks this is unusual as it's not necessary and shouldn't be used, so uncheck it before encoding.
As for your other settings they seem ok except does the AC3 file play OK on it's own and is the audio in the AVI not already AC3?
If it isn't then you may as well just encode it to standard MP2. There is no advantage to encoding to AC3 from standard 2 channel audio.

keywasere  2003-07-11 19:56:59 ( ID:xkkr69ocgcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for this, The original sound file came from an AVI and is AC3 according to avicodec. The original avi played the sound and video pefectly before i seperated them using virtualdub. I have tried loads of different settings but the end result is that the final audio keeps cutting out and in and the dolby digital sign on my amp keeps switching from dd to dpl and back. With regard to inputing the audio into tmpg, the dvd authoring software(dvd workshop/movie factory2) wont except the converted ac3 file unless it has been through tmpg with the video, it just says file format not allowed or something!!. It deffinatley appears to be something to do with the original AVI been 23976 frame rate as any other framerate works perfectly.

ashy  2003-07-12 00:03:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't use Virtualdub for extracting AC3. It can't do it properly. Use AVImux-04. This is why your authoring program won't accept it. Virtualdub doesn't add the correct header to the extracted AC3 file, so your DVD software is rejecting it.

It is totally pointless re-encoding it again to AC3 and it has nothing to do with the frame rate either.

keywasere  2003-07-12 15:31:51 ( ID:xkkr69ocgcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bow to your supperior knowledge on this Ashy, but i have done as you said and used avimux to rip the audio which gives me a .ac3 file. This file cannot be recognised in movie factory 2 or dvd workshop. I put the avi with no audio through tmpg on its own to give me the m2v video file, its just the audio thats the problem. Do you suggest using a different dvd authoring program???

ashy  2003-07-12 19:44:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe there is a problem with the AC3 file itself.
You could try fixing it with AC3-Fix 0.3 or AC3 Cut-Frame 0.1
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/encoding_audiocalc.html#ac3utils

Question - TE25 - Wizard - size No.37874
Scorpaen  2003-07-10 07:01:28 ( ID:whfexi.3ewj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using the wizard, i try to change the bitrate on the next to final screen, i try to change the estimated size, etc, but it does not accept my changes.
how do i use the wizard to specify an output size so the movie will fit on a cd??

thanks

Minion  2003-07-10 08:12:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can"t make those changes in the Wizard Cuz with the wizard you have to use one of the Templates and each template has a set Bitrate, you have to exit the Wizard and then Load the "Unlock.mfc" template then the Bitrate settings will be Free and so will all of the settings..The Wizard is Basicly for newbies and doesn"t alow you to change the settings much from the pre-defined template settings...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.