Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 443 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Missing Sound after Encoding Celesta 4 2003-08-02 16:01:57
Question TE25 Which settings to use for encoding home-made video-footage? Daniel 3 2003-07-30 13:02:35
Question TE25 lose video after a couple of min. encoding Flip 1 2003-07-29 21:36:02
Question TE25 Subtitle problem Tracer 4 2003-07-30 21:31:04
Question TE25 Mr. Isolder 1 2003-07-29 20:21:21
Question TE25 Mr. Isolder 1 2003-07-29 21:33:34
Question TE25 .d2v lilgav 1 2003-07-29 20:23:49
Bug report TE25 Dual Xeon + Hyper-Threading enabled Nihil 0 2003-07-29 11:52:14
Question TE25 Small Mpeg Solution 2 2003-07-29 20:40:03
Question TE25 XVCD Settings Sakuya 9 2003-07-29 20:24:51
Question TE25 VBR sound smash 8 2003-07-30 23:53:10
Question TE25 Mr. Leclair 2 2003-07-28 17:36:30

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 443 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Missing Sound after Encoding No.38387
Celesta  2003-07-29 22:22:37 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently had problems encoding a file that's not adding sound. It's never happened before, and I've not done anything different. I also tried the new version, but the same thing happened. Anyone know of a solution?

--Cel

Minion  2003-07-30 06:19:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in the AVI file is Probably of a Format that is Not supported By Tmpgenc, So you have to extract the audio from the AVI file to a Wav audio file with Something like Virtual Dub or AVI-Mux ,Then use the Wav file as the audio source in Tmpgenc..You should have Used the "Search" function cuz this Question gets asked all the Time....Cheers

Celesta  2003-08-01 02:07:57 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whoops, sorry, I should have said that I extracted the sound first. I always do that anyway. The .wav file is fine, extracts perfectly from the original AVI. It's when I try and put it back on when making an MPEG that it's not doing it. I've never had the problem before, it's just on this one movie.

Oh, and I did search, but nothing useful came up.

--Cel

Minion  2003-08-02 04:25:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you extract the Audio and what was the audio format in the AVI file??? If the Audio was AC3 and you used Virtual Dub to extract it then that Might be the Problem Cuz Virtual Dub doesn"t properly Extract AC3 to Wav, all it does is extract the AC3 audio as an AC3 file with a Wav header and Wav Extention..You should use "AVI-Mux" to extract it to Wav or there is a Way to Turn the AC3/Wav file that you get from V-Dub into a Real Wav file But it is a Bit complicated....

Celesta  2003-08-02 16:01:57 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Virtual Dub, but I've used that on files with AC3 sound before with no problem.

Question - TE25 - Which settings to use for encoding home-made video-footage? No.38383
Daniel  2003-07-29 19:17:37 ( ID:msu0.as0b6w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear users,

I have a question concering the settings for encoding an *avi file that you can choose within TMPGEnc.
I edited and cut a home-made video-tape with the program Pinnacle Studio 8.4. Afterwards, I exported it as an *.avi file to later encode it with TMPGEnc. When it came to chossing settings, I used the Wizard to create an SVCD-fittable format.
I used the settings suggested on www.doom9.org (excerpt: ""Normally TMPG sets these options correct by default. Let's just verify that Video source type is set to Non-interlace (progressive), field order will be Bottom field first (most likely), and the source aspect ratio is 1:1 (VGA). Last but not least the Video arrange method is full screen (keep aspect ratio)."", although TMPGEnc. suggested different settings.
After encoding and burning the movie on a CD I found the outcome to be completely unsatisfying. Since I believe this result is due to bad seettings instead to a bad program ;), I'd like to ask which settings I should use to get the best possible results.

It would be very kind of you to help me out.

thx, Daniel

ashy  2003-07-29 20:27:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Video source type is set to Non-interlace (progressive), field order will be Bottom field first (most likely)

If your source is progressive then the field order setting has no effect.

Minion  2003-07-29 21:46:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should only encode your AVI file as Non-Interlace if the AVI file is Non-Interlace which it Probably isn"t as Most capture cards Capture video in Fields and most Video camcorders capture interlaced material also, But when loading your AVI file in the Wizard it should analize your File and set it to the correct Settings...What exactly do you mean by the Outcome being unsatisfying?? Did you do any Pre Filtering in Pinnacle to clean up the Image in the AVI file?? as to get The Best results any Noise should be filtered out before you encode it to mpeg ,Tmpgenc has a Noise Filter But it makes the encodeing take a Really Long time so it is Best to filter before you encode...

Daniel  2003-07-30 13:02:35 ( ID:6vlxipwm4fw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot for your help, I guess I'll try re-encoding it with the settings the Wizard suggests. And I'll do the noise-filtering, too.

Thx, Daniel

Question - TE25 - lose video after a couple of min. encoding No.38381
Flip  2003-07-29 18:08:21 ( ID:drpq7m4b77. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im trying to use tmpeg to encode an avi to mpeg. A couple of minutes into the encoding. I lose video but the audio is still there

Minion  2003-07-29 21:36:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this...Go to "options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show file Reader" to "2"...this usually works..

Question - TE25 - Subtitle problem No.38376
Tracer  2003-07-29 17:55:24 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert my avi to mpeg I also add subtitles.

When I then burn the mpeg file and play it on my DVD it dosent show the bottom line of the subtitles.

I convert to VCD/PAL.

If I play the Avi file with Windows Media Player it is the same, but if I use DSD I can see it all using TV-Tool.
On the monitor I always can see it all.

Is it something about PAL or is it something with the aspect ratio?

I am a newbie, so please try to explain detailed!

Tracer

ashy  2003-07-29 20:29:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not going to explain in detail because you can get all this info by doing a search on google.
Your problem is that you are encoding the subs to low in the image. Whichever subtitle plugin you are using you should be able to change the position of the subs.

Tracer  2003-07-30 07:18:55 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that helps a bit!

But....
I have uninstalled all other programs than Windows Media Player, so thats the program I use to see the movie on monitor. I dont know how to change the placement of the subtitles with that program.

I had another player before where I knew how to do it, but still when I burned the movie and put it in my dvd the problem was there.

Can I uninstall WMP (how?), and thenuse the other player as the only player? Will it also fix the problem with the cd's I am burning in the future?

Tracer

ashy  2003-07-30 17:20:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The player has nothing whatsoever to do with the position of the subs.
It is the software you are using to create the subs that determines the position of them.
What software are you using to create the subs?

yeppie  2003-07-30 21:31:04 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you use the ffdshow filter leave the vertical position of the subs at 90%. They always show in both NTSC and PAL formats. Is you use DirectVobsub check you display ratio in DirectVobsub. Choose 4:3 instead of 16:9.
Perhaps this helps.

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.38374
Isolder  2003-07-29 17:53:57 ( ID:nlivaqsdw7g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yesterday I easily converted an avi to VCD format using TMPEnc Free.. the most recent version.

Today, when I opened TMPEnc to try to convert another MPG, I can set the avi as the source file, set the wav as the source file, and then upon trying to change any settings (setting an end frame), loading the proper file type, I get this error:

Write error occurred at address 77F83AED of module ntdll.dll with 00000000

When I try to set source ranges I get this error: Invalid Pointer Operation.

I've restarted my computer and reinstalled yet this error persists. I didn't do ANYTHING to my computer in the time between the last time I converted to VCD and the time I tried to convert this next one.

Anyone have some ideas? This is driving me crazy..

Mr X  2003-07-29 20:21:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answer - Mr.

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.38372
Isolder  2003-07-29 17:43:09 ( ID:nlivaqsdw7g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yesterday I easily converted an avi to VCD format using TMPEnc Free.. the most recent version.

Today, when I opened TMPEnc to try to convert another MPG, I can set the avi as the source file, set the wav as the source file, and then upon trying to change any settings (setting an end frame), loading the proper file type, I get this error:

Write error occurred at address 77F83AED of module ntdll.dll with 00000000

When I try to set source ranges I get this error: Invalid Pointer Operation.

I've restarted my computer and reinstalled yet this error persists. I didn't do ANYTHING to my computer in the time between the last time I converted to VCD and the time I tried to convert this next one.

Anyone have some ideas? This is driving me crazy..

Minion  2003-07-29 21:33:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "Write error occurred at address 77F83AED of module ntdll.dll with 00000000" Error usually happens with XviD files and the Solution usually is to Delete the XviD codec and Install the "FFDShow" decoder and configure it to decode XviD files in the Config settings then you shouldn"t get the error anymore...

Question - TE25 - .d2v No.38370
lilgav  2003-07-29 17:16:49 ( ID:jfdape.wtbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey...um using this program called dvd2avi i made a .d2v file i think that is what i was sopose to make....and now with this TMPGEnc program how do i open that file to do whatever i gotta do with it or did i make the wrong type of file ...please help

ashy  2003-07-29 20:23:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy the DVD2AVI.vfp from your DVD2AVI folder into your TMPG folder.

Bug report - TE25 - Dual Xeon + Hyper-Threading enabled No.38369
Nihil  2003-07-29 11:52:14 ( ID:tuk7g9v3bjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I noticed few small bugs on TMPGEnc SMP code.

I have 2 physical CPU's and 4 logical CPU's but TMPGEnc says "2 logical" in settings also if other programs are runned at the same time with TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc CPU usage stays between 65 - 80% but if TMPGEnc is only program running then CPU usage is almost 100%. Of course CPU usage aint real bug but matter of thread priority but even with normal or slow priority CPU usage should be around 100% if other programs dont use CPU time.

Question - TE25 - Small Mpeg No.38366
Solution  2003-07-29 00:24:21 ( ID:it1zikmbxx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to change all my AVI files to MPEG to watch them using DVD. I have tried doing that but I normally get double the size. Is there any trick that I can use to keep the size the same. Thanks

ashy  2003-07-29 01:06:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope except for reducing the bitrate.
MPEGs are almost always larger than the source AVI. The only way to reduce the size is to reduce the bitrate, but be warned reducing the bitrate any lower than VCD standard will look like crap.

yeppie  2003-07-29 20:40:03 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try using the MoleVCD templates. Version 2.5 can be downloaded from www.molevcd.de I use them always (mpeg1) It's better than KVCD.

;O)

Hendrik

Question - TE25 - XVCD Settings No.38356
Sakuya  2003-07-28 09:32:59 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have made several XVCDs or CVDs or whatever you call them in the past. I have used the SVCD settings to get good video quality and it works on my DVD player. But after converting a test clip of video without audio using the normal VCD standards, it seems the conversion process was much faster. In the past when converting a 1 minute clip using SVCD standards (with audio), it took 10 minutes. For my VCD test clip, it took 3 minutes! Maybe it was the fact that it didn't have audio? Just wondering if I should encode all my video to 352x240 instead of 480x480...since all my source AVIs are around 500x???, it would be safe to convert to 352x240 right?

ashy  2003-07-28 17:33:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes VCD will encode faster than SVCD because you are encoding to a lesser resolution. Higher resolutions contain more data in the image and therfore longer to encode plus add that to the fact you didn't encode the audio which would speed it up somewhat.

As for your question about what format should you encode to VCD or SVCD. It depends on your view about quality. If crappy VCD is good enough for you then fine go ahead, but SVCD is twice the quality of VCD and seeing as your AVI's are almost the same resolution as SVCD why waste that quality on VCD.

ashy  2003-07-28 17:56:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way what speed is that dinosaur of a PC you have because 10mins to encode a 1min clip is very slow.

Sakuya  2003-07-28 21:18:53 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure if this says the speed but: 294,426KB RAM 400MHz
Actually, I think that is the memory. Where do you find the speed?

Torque  2003-07-28 21:30:43 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Speed seems to be 400Mhz!
Not quite up to date but if you have the time to wait ...
;)

Sakuya  2003-07-29 02:26:28 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yup, I'm patient enough! :) I have a problem. I thought VCD MPEGs were of lesser quality thus smaller file size? I have an AVI that has AC3 audio. So I extracted the audio using AviMUX and then made it have CD quality. Then I normalized the audio in TMPGEnc and encoded to VCD format. But the sizes shot up! The source AVI was 177MB while the MPEG was 352MB! Why is that?! Is it because of the higher quality audio? WOuld it make any difference if I lowered the constant quality to 80% (it was at 100)? Do you think it would fit 3 files of the same size onto 1 700MB CD-R with overburning? Let's hope it does, I don't want to cut out the opening credits like last time. :(

Minion  2003-07-29 05:55:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Size of the AVI file has Absolutely nothing to do with the size it will be if you encoded it to Mpeg..What Matters is the "Length" of the AVI file...So if that AVI file is say 35 minutes Long then 352mb is the Correct size if you encoded it to VCD...But yes you should Lower the Quality slider down to about 70% then the File size will be smaller....

Sakuya  2003-07-29 06:23:51 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It was 26 minutes. :( I am having trouble fitting the third AVI onto the same disc because the second MPEG I just encoded was 268MB, it was at a quality of 80 too. :( I don't want to sacrifice any more quality. Good thing CDR come cheap!

Sakuya  2003-07-29 06:42:07 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, how did you come up with that conclusion with the 35 minute AVI=352MB?

ashy  2003-07-29 20:24:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Standard VCD is 10mb per min.

Question - TE25 - VBR sound No.38347
smash  2003-07-28 04:05:11 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This DivX I got, it has a VBR sound so when I encode it audio doesn't match video at certain places... It starts fine but then slowly gets out of tune so I can't just shift the audio. I tried both PCM and simply exctracting the audio with VirtualDub. AviMux doesn't handle it at all - takes 2 seconds and then says 'done' and file is 70Ks... It also won't let me choose the 'cd quality' - reports an error. What else can I do?

Minion  2003-07-28 06:25:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are 2 Things you can Try, You can Try to extract it with Virtual Dub_mod as it is supposed to be able to Properly handle VBR MP3...Or you can take the Audio that you extracted that doesn"t sync up and Put it in a Good audio editor and Time stretch the audio to the exact same length as the Video..You can Use something like Cool Edit or Sound Forge But I use Vegas Video 4 cuz I can also Put the Video on the Timeline and make sure that the audio syncs up, come to think of it Sound Forge does this also..But you would be better off Trying to get Virtual Dub Mod to do it....

smash  2003-07-28 19:01:54 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope, VirtualDubMod didn't do anything for me :(

Sakuya  2003-07-28 21:22:39 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure how you extracted your audio using Virtual Dub. Maybe this would help. You will the Virtual Dub (not the mod version). Open your AVI, then go to the audio menu and set the audio to "Full processing mode". Do not leave it at "Direct stream copy"! Then select "File" and "Save WAV" to save the audio track as an uncompressed WAV file.

smash  2003-07-28 21:53:07 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, Sakuya that's what I've always done. I get an audio file that's exactly the same in length as the original DivX [I checked in Media Player] and for the first ten or so minutes it seems fine BUT it slowly starts getting out of order and towards the end of the movie I have a 2 second delay [so it's not just a shifted sound]... Usually VirtualDub handles VBR sound files just fine and I don't even need to shift anything but in this case it does :(

Sakuya  2003-07-29 02:56:28 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, that VBR method always works for me. :(

Sakuya  2003-07-30 02:26:28 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, what's weird is that the files I downloaded previously (it's a series) always had AC3, and it's weird that the current one has VBR (no wonder AviMUX won't work correctly). So I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm worried that the audio might go out of sync (it never has before for other AVIs). What should I do if it goes out of sync!? *panics* Help!

Minion  2003-07-30 06:28:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I have a Mpeg that is out of Sync Because the audio is the Wrong length I usually Load the Mpeg file into Vegas Video and use the Time stretch feature to stretch or shrink the audio track to the exact same length as the Video track then render the File as a Mpeg 1 Layer 2 audio file and mux it with the Mpeg Video ,You can do it with AVI files also and Many other Formats and Sound Forge has simular features but most poeple don"t that all the Software I do so you Might just try and get something like Cool Edit to Stretch/Shrink the audio to the Exact length as the Video....Good Luck...

smash  2003-07-30 23:53:10 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Stretch/Shrink the audio to the Exact length as the Video>

Yea, but the audio file that I extract from the DivX is EXACT same lenght as the video... I compared them in MediaPlayer. In any case I didn't find any solution and doing it manually doesn't seem like such an appealing option. Thanx anyway

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.38344
Leclair  2003-07-27 23:08:05 ( ID:vod8dbftnhn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does free version now encode MPEG2's for RVCD?

Minion  2003-07-28 06:21:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Free Version Has Allways encoded to Mpeg2 For the 30 day Trial Period But what the Heck is Rvcd???

Mr X  2003-07-28 17:36:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answer - Mr.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.