TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 30 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 Output size to large Panthera44Male 8 2012-04-24 07:03:41
Question How to convert from .mkv to .divx with subtitles embeded in divx video amarines 2 2011-09-19 12:49:00
Request Output to VOB files or VIDEO_TS or .ISO Mark M 1 2014-05-15 05:39:28
Question Solution: Intel Media SDK Hardware Encoding to work with discrete video cards owners GeneAriani 6 2011-09-18 15:29:45
Question Can I output a VOB file? mark_m 3 2014-05-15 05:40:22
Question Has anyone been enable to utilize Intel SDK Hardware encoder GeneAriani 4 2011-09-16 03:38:22
Question Inserting chapters dasaecor 1 2011-08-23 04:14:11
Question 6 Channel ac-3 audio berbuck 3 2011-10-20 04:13:28
Question Timeline editing not available for endoding OPPS 7 2011-08-12 07:22:05
Question cuda dhardjono 2 2011-08-11 03:31:25
Question VC1 (ES) encoding for blu-ray: possible benoitm 4 2012-03-06 17:20:14
Request allow setting 16-235 or 0-255 range at import stage benoitm 0 2011-08-09 23:52:20

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 30 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 Output size to large No.65134
Panthera44Male  2011-09-01 11:43:12 ( ID:gdlw8jm7b7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im trying to convert an avi file to vcd and everything i try keeps making the file size to big to put on 700mb cd-r can someone please help with directions on how to get it to the size i want it to be for this and all other formats

thanks

tkrave  2011-09-02 05:08:31 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How long is your video? If it's over 74 minutes, it will not fit. The video CD format has a constant video bitrate at 1150kb/sec, so there's no getting around that time constraint. Once you change the bitrate, it will no longer be a valid Video CD.

If you don't care about compliance, you can use the "MPEG Output" button that appears on the right side of the format screen. This will allow you to alter the bitrate and use the bitrate calculator where you can set your target size and it will calculate the bitrate for you. Obviously, the MPEG output button only appears for MPEG formats.

Panthera44Male  2011-09-03 15:41:46 ( ID:gdlw8jm7b7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have tried that mpeg output and adjusted the size and it is still to large to fit on CD-R in VIDEOCD

tkrave  2011-09-07 02:13:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Again, how long is your video?

Goldstar_one  2011-09-28 21:31:13 ( ID:lcglvn3z/0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not just create an actual DVD disk, it's better quality and has a run time of 2 hrs. The VCD format has been dead for 10 years now

Panthera44Male  2011-10-18 12:54:14 ( ID:eet6.dzlcba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm making it for a friend who is in for the old ways and is cheap on discs.

the original dvd is 1 hour and 20 mins

tkrave  2011-10-19 02:11:27 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, that's too long unfortunately. You will not be able to make a compliant VCD. Does it have to be a VCD? How about converting it to MPEG-4 AVC? It'll be a smaller file size and the quality should remain. Or as Goldstar_one mentioned, just make a DVD and spend a couple bucks more on discs.

Panthera44Male  2012-04-23 12:32:34 ( ID:eet6.dzlcba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he can barely afford the app so he wants me to put the movies on cd-r

other wise i would put it on dvd-r

tkrave  2012-04-24 07:03:41 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, again, that material is too long for a VCD. If you're stuck with a CD-R, you have three choices:

1) Cut the material down to 74 minutes in order to make a compliant VCD.
2) Split the movie into two VCD discs, so each disc has 74 minutes or less.
3) Create a non-compliant video that fits on a CD-R.

Personally, I'd do option 3. Use the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format and cut the bitrate down until the output file is 700MB or less (this may take several tries if you are using a variable bitrate). You won't be able to play it on a VCD player, but it should work fine on a computer.

Or, instead of buying a CD-R or DVD-R, buy a USB thumb drive that's a couple GBs. They aren't too expensive nowadays and you'd be able to save at a higher bitrate.

Question - How to convert from .mkv to .divx with subtitles embeded in divx video No.65130
amarines  2011-08-31 02:04:27 ( ID:c1ub47mbr9r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i have a .mkv with video h264 audio aac and subs srt and i want convert it to .divx with subtitles embedded in video, with a file .avi i don't have any problem because opens fddshow and then the subtitles and video are encoded togetehr

but with an .mkv the fddshow does not appear and neither the substitles within .mkw and .srt external file appears on video and then cannot embbed the subtitles in video,

How i can do that

Thanks in advance

tkrave  2011-09-03 08:32:12 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may need to extract the .srt from the mkv beforehand. Once you do, you should be able to import the .srt file using the subtitle filter and it can then be encoded into the video.

There is a program called MKVExtract that should be able to extract the .srt file. It might be kind of old so there might be newer alternatives.
http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/157/59/

Micro  2011-09-19 12:49:00 ( ID:i3i1h1sfuw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trick

First Step extract the .srt from the mkv

Second If u need to Modify Sub with color or style. Use Agissub to Modify that.

Don't worry the .ass / .saa / . srt and more.

U must to change sub name same the video name.

And Move the sub file in to the same Folder of Video.

if u play video with K-Lite / GOM and more the sub file can show with VDO AUTO.

That Right.

When u encode that Video The Sub title file autometic to add in vdo. ^^

Forgot any encode programs or VirtualDub in your memory now.

Remember This trick for Hard Sub.

Sorry My English not good. Try to get it.

Request - Output to VOB files or VIDEO_TS or .ISO No.65124
Mark M  2011-08-28 17:58:43 ( ID:qay1h5bd2dw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My request is to add the ability to create VOB files for direct DVD burning from TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5.
I want to be able to create a DVD straight from VMW5 by outputting VOB files or a VIDEO_TS folder or .iso file that I can burn directly to DVD without having to go to another program to mux the .m2v and .ac3 files into VOB files.
Thanks

pattyvalencia  2014-05-15 05:39:28 ( ID:qcphjv1ioro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question:

I am trying to convert a video deposition from VOB files to MPEG-2.

If one clip uploads into a “New Project”, I can't figure out how to upload additional clips.

Also, am getting Error Message: ''Unsupported File. Error: 0x80048003''.

Help! Thank you.

PattyValenciaRealtor@yahoo.com

Question - Solution: Intel Media SDK Hardware Encoding to work with discrete video cards owners No.65122
GeneAriani  2011-08-28 00:03:02 ( ID:xpl8ljx5t72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For those with discrete video cards on their machine and Intel Sandy Bridge by now you must have noticed that you can not access Hardware encoding for Intel Media SDK. I am not going to architectural explantation but a solution is coming up in near future:

http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-virtu-universal.html

tkrave  2011-08-30 05:46:43 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It looks like you would still need an integrated video out on the motherboard since all video is piped through the integrated GPU. See the diagram on this page:
http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-virtu1.html

Rafale  2011-09-15 05:16:34 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry for you....
I'm using TMPGEnc 5 with a core i7 2600k and Lucid Virtu and a Geforce 560Ti but TMPGEnc couldn't use intel Media SDK Hardware...i could only use it in software. For the assistance

Please let us know if your graphic device is enabled on-board ?
You must connect display cable to on-board graphic device.

Please update your graphic card drivers.
The monitor and graphic card need to be connected by all means,
in other words Intel media SDK has to be connected to monitor.
That is the meaning of such function.

Please check about this:
*The Intel Media SDK hardware mode requires a CPU using the GPU with
the Sandy Bridge core.
*The use the Intel Media SDK requires the MPEG decoder and Video
encoder settings and a compatible Intel CPU.

tkrave  2011-09-16 05:19:50 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you're outputting from the integrated video and it still won't use hardware encoding?

If you go to Options-->Preferences-->Input/output format list, what does it say for Intel Media SDK (hardware)? Mine has "-" for both input and output which means "present but not usable".

I have no chance of changing that since I do not have an integrated video output on my motherboard, but if you are doing that and still not able to use hardware encoding, then that is interesting.

Rafale  2011-09-17 16:02:58 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In Preference for the intel SDK HArdware I have Present but unusobable

Rafale  2011-09-17 16:04:30 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>In Preference for the intel SDK HArdware I have Present but unusobable
I 'm using encoding with x264 or CUDA I don't use Intel SDK Softwre It's too slow..

Rafale  2011-09-18 15:29:45 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have forget.. I'm using a motherbord ASUS Maximus GENE-Z with Lucid Virtu a Intel Core i7 2600k "Sandy Bridge" and a Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti.
When I'm making a link in Lucid Virtu Software with TMPGEnc I have a lot of error message in TMPGEnc...

Question - Can I output a VOB file? No.65116
mark_m  2011-08-26 22:33:59 ( ID:onivgkcj9wr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to create VOB files for direct DVD burning from TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5?
I want to frameserve 1080i video from Premiere Pro CS5 timeline into TMPGEnc VMW5 and output VOB files into a VIDEO_TS folder (or .iso file) that I can burn directly to DVD without having to go to another program to mux the .m2v and .ac3 files into VOB files.
Thanks

tkrave  2011-08-27 02:03:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, it can only output as DVD-compliant MPEG-2 in either elementary or system streams.

Micro  2011-09-19 12:55:12 ( ID:i3i1h1sfuw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VOB File limitr of size.

MPEG2 No Limitr

U can use MPEG2 create to DVD [VOB]

Automatic Expand VOB size to DVD.

WORK.

pattyvalencia  2014-05-15 05:40:22 ( ID:qcphjv1ioro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question:

I am trying to convert a video deposition from VOB files to MPEG-2.

If one clip uploads into a “New Project”, I can't figure out how to upload additional clips.

Also, am getting Error Message: ''Unsupported File. Error: 0x80048003''.

Help! Thank you.

PattyValenciaRealtor@yahoo.com

Question - Has anyone been enable to utilize Intel SDK Hardware encoder No.65108
GeneAriani  2011-08-24 08:06:35 ( ID:xpl8ljx5t72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have bought a new Imac with Core i7 sandy bridge which has AMD 6970M graphic processor. I have not been able to detect or activate Intel SDK Hardware encoding for H.264.

At this point I am not clear if only grahic chips produced by Intel can utilize this feature.

According to intel forums:
The hardware implementation is installed by the graphics driver and should be under \program files\Common\Intel\MediaSDK\s1\2.0 to ensure the hardware implementation libraries are on your system . libmfxhw32-s1.dll is the Sandy Bridge hardware implementation library.

Also even if the above dll is present the following can prevent the dll from being accessed:

Yes, libmfxhw32-s1.dll is the Sandy Bridge hardware implementation library. If the file is present and can’t be loaded, then there could be a few things that can be going on.

- There’s a discrete card in your system that’s set as the primary video card. This will turn off QSV, and prevent the HW DLL from loading

- The registry values are incorrect which prevents the MSDK dispatcher from finding libmfxhw32-s1.dll

Well I dont event have libmfxhw32-s1.dll

tkrave  2011-08-27 08:18:45 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would assume that only Intel graphics chips can use Quick Sync. How does an i7 have an AMD graphics processor anyway?

I myself cannot use the Intel SDK hardware encoder because I only have discrete graphics on my machine. Kind of annoying that I'd have to buy a new motherboard just to try this thing out.

tkrave  2011-08-27 08:34:39 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just took a look at the imac specs. I see what you're talking about now with the i7 and AMD processors. I think you won't be able to use Intel Hardware encoder since the iMac is using the AMD/Radeon processor to display video; it would need to use the i7's GPU.

geneariani  2011-08-27 23:57:39 ( ID:xpl8ljx5t72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I have found the solution which is not yet available. This should work for anyone with discrete video card. I am going to post this on its own thread

http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-virtu-universal.html

Rafale  2011-09-16 03:38:22 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem with Virtu and a geforce 560 Ti

Question - Inserting chapters No.65103
dasaecor  2011-08-22 02:10:15 ( ID:58ltruoftwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I am joining various avi files into one single file.

I would like to insert chapter markers to jump directly to the different chapters.

¿is this possible with Mastering Works 5?

I have been trying with keyframes, but these are not recognised afterwards by my multimedia player.

Thanks.

tkrave  2011-08-23 04:14:11 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on your output format. Certain output formats have the option to convert the keyframes into chapters. MKV and MPEG for mobile device formats have this option in the "Other" tab. There might be other formats that have this option, but I haven't checked them all.

Question - 6 Channel ac-3 audio No.65061
berbuck  2011-08-11 20:42:14 ( ID:m.5ihwgilo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I'm trying to convert an avi to mpeg using mastering works but it won;t recognise the audio, which is a channel ac-3 stream. I presume the format simply isn't supported so i'm wondering is there a workaround or something i can do to change the audio so MW will recognise it. Thanks.

tkrave  2011-08-12 01:59:40 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

5.1 AC-3 is supported by TVMW5 so it might be something else. Can you post the details of the file? Use MediaInfo and post the info.

berbuck  2011-10-20 02:01:34 ( ID:m.5ihwgilo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 50mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 24 bits
Stream size : 1.16 GiB (27%)
Title : English

TVMW5 doesn't read the audio at all, doesn't even recognise it when i importthe video file.

tkrave  2011-10-20 04:13:28 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's DTS, not AC-3. DTS is not supported.

AC-3 (Dolby Digital) is supported.

Question - Timeline editing not available for endoding No.65052
OPPS  2011-08-10 22:55:05 ( ID:snuoipj.th6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I

- started i new project with a clip
- then edited it
- then i used some filters
- then clicked on "timline" an choosed my clip for the new timeline
- now i'm in the clip-timeline-editing-mode
- then i added some layer with mosaics
- then i switched to 'format' and choosed my format

-> finally switched to 'encode' and 'start'

Problem: every layer with the mosaics and every change in the timeline-editing-mode were ignored

Is there is hidden 'apply to movie'-button or something.

What's the secret?

thx in advance
OPPS

tkrave  2011-08-11 03:10:30 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no apply button; if it's in the timeline and the layers are active, they should be encoded.

If you can post a screenshot of your timeline, that would help me get a better idea of what's going on with your timeline.

opps  2011-08-11 07:46:59 ( ID:qg4ipc0ckbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.oakmedia.de/ss.png

tkrave  2011-08-11 08:45:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm...everything looks OK to me.

When you're in the Encode stage, try the preview and see if the mosaics and edits show up correctly.

Also, what version of TVMW5 are you using? What is your output format and settings?

OPPS  2011-08-11 16:35:04 ( ID:whtvoxjjivh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> When you're in the Encode stage, try the preview and see if the mosaics and edits show up correctly.

No, no mosaics or anything else that i edited was shown. The preview shows the result as it is at the end.

> what version of TVMW5 are you using?

> What is your output format and settings?

DVD standard MPEG file -- nothing special or changed here so far.

Still, within the Edit stage the mosaics are there the entire clip, the preview within the Encode stage shows no mosaics at all.

Strange.

tkrave  2011-08-12 02:03:54 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I haven't been able to reproduce this; I can always see the edits and mosaics in the preview and the output is always correct.

Try to start a new project and this time, start in Timeline mode.

Also, is this a legit version of the software or a crack? In the past, there have been bugs and issues that only occur in cracked versions.

OPPS  2011-08-12 03:20:02 ( ID:whtvoxjjivh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> Also, is this a legit version of the software or a crack? In the past, there have been bugs and issues that only occur in cracked versions.

Ah, ok. This is a cracked version. I bought TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress and other Software from Pegasys in the past -- just wanted to know if it's worth it to buy or not.

Still not convinced from this new version.

Thanks anyway

tkrave  2011-08-12 07:22:05 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I don't think a cracked version will give you an accurate view of the product. Try the trial version; I'm pretty sure you won't have the same issue.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw5.html

Question - cuda No.65051
dhardjono  Home )  2011-08-10 21:59:57 ( ID:bl2ebzkpd26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Will this card work with cuda engine spur?

the cuda what better speed will i get than i have now?

tkrave  2011-08-11 03:20:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Should work; I'm using a GTX 460.
The Cuda functions should help speed if you add a lot of filters to your video. You can also use it to encode H.264 but it may or may not be faster--depends on how fast your CPU is.

danny  Home )  2011-08-11 03:31:25 ( ID:bl2ebzkpd26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok thanks mine is also over clock i will try it

Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz

Question - VC1 (ES) encoding for blu-ray: possible No.65049
benoitm  2011-08-10 17:46:40 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to encode 1080i video in VC-1 elementary stream using TVMW5 ?

I understand selecting "Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile" produces VC-1 video (and allows for interlaced output), but the output container is always .wmv, with or without audio.
My authoring program (Sonic DVD it) expects .vc1 as (ES) as file format for VC-1 video (SMPTE VC-1 (elementary streams only): AP@L3 and AP@L2 ).
Will simply renaming the xxx.wmv file produced by TVWM5 to XXX.vc1 do the trick ?

Or is a true VC-1 elementary stream a different animal ?

benoitm  2011-08-10 18:21:30 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW, I noticed that although Microsoft Expression encoder is installed on my computer, TVMW5 only uses the "old" VC-1 implementation, i.e. "WMV9 Advanced Profile".
There is a difference in the produced output:
With Microsoft Expression Encoder, MediaInfo reports:
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L2
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Description of the codec : VC-1 - VC-1 Advanced Profile

and with TVMW5:
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L2
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile

But does that have an impact on the Blu-ray compliance of the produced video stream ?

benoitm  2011-11-09 19:46:42 ( ID:dz5isaz6tfk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Is it possible to encode 1080i video in VC-1 elementary stream using TVMW5" ?

Anyone ?

darkio  2012-03-01 05:16:57 ( ID:2vxdbdkbtrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Impossible with any sofware....You can put your vc1 elementary stream into mkv using graph edit firt with matroska muxer filter or new VLC video player can put it into ps stream using convert option and without any encoding, like direct stream. That's works very well.
Cheers.

benoitm  2012-03-06 17:20:14 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, but how do I create a VC-1 elementary stream with TVMW5 ?

Request - allow setting 16-235 or 0-255 range at import stage No.65046
benoitm  2011-08-09 23:52:20 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It looks like TVMW5 is assuming that the input video uses the full RGB gamut (0-255), and hence, converts to "legal" video (RGB 16-235).
This is causing a problem (at least with some codecs) when the input video is already fully broadcast compliant and needs to be converted without affecting the color/luma values.
This problem occurs e.g. when using Avid's DNxHD codec in .mov containers as input file, to be converted to DVD-compliant MPEG2 files.
The solution would be, like in competitive products, to allow the user specify the color range of the input file (0-255 or 16-235) using a check box box or dropdown list at the "File Import / Clip Properties" page.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.