TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 5 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Automatically select multiple audio streams winoni71 1 2016-09-15 15:44:26
Question Audio normalise as default Dennis 1 2016-01-27 22:09:18
Question Concatenate MP4 AVC (High@L5.1) files benoitm 4 2016-01-23 23:39:19
Bug report Intel Xeon vs decoder Intel media Sdk Software Deckard51 0 2015-10-26 04:15:50
Bug report INvalid window handle - cannot load multiple clips - buttons stop hiohaa 1 2015-09-24 16:50:52
Question Convert to another format Dennis 1 2015-09-19 09:42:23
Question The one clip I want to edit won't be accepted as a "master clip" Kerry Shetline 3 2015-07-09 18:24:32
Question TMSR4 slow as heck with 8new 8-core AMD CPU sanlyn 0 2015-06-04 06:32:31
Question Preview Display Greyed out Fxgopher 0 2015-05-25 23:23:45
Bug report the specified file could not be recognized as a TS of PGMX file Deckard51 0 2015-01-16 17:03:45
Question HEV1 Support Tom 0 2015-01-01 09:39:38
Bug report TMSR 4.2. has become dog slow lately without apparent reason benoitm 5 2014-12-17 21:01:45

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 5 ]   Next > >>
Question - Automatically select multiple audio streams No.70348
winoni71  2016-05-20 07:21:41 ( ID:t/6a9ly6ch6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When adding an elementary video stream, the audio stream is automatically added to the video if it's in the same location and it shares the same exact name as the video.

Is there any way to do this with multiple audio streams?

Thank you.

Ades  2016-09-15 15:44:26 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
If your source file contains supported multi-audio streams, I think they will be imported automatically.
Then you can select the main audio stream in the Source stage > pull-down menu that is in the Audio stream, the other audio streams may be has the same name as the source video file.
cheers

Question - Audio normalise as default No.70149
Dennis  2016-01-25 22:54:42 ( ID:jx7cm32mhm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any way of making the audio normalise a default for every project? I have is set as default in Mastering Works 5 but can't see any obvious way to do this in Smart Renderer.
TIA.

George  2016-01-27 22:09:18 ( ID:qoo3ig.rvaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can only think of the Audio Filter Template (Source/Audio Filters section) and the User Settings options (Format section) but not sure if they'll do exactly what you want.

Question - Concatenate MP4 AVC (High@L5.1) files No.70064
benoitm  2015-11-26 01:13:01 ( ID:3faynov/c9o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a series of MP4 files that were created by a Panasonic camcorder during a long uninterrupted recording, these are so-called spanned clips.
The files are MP4 AVC (High@L5.1) 3840x2160 25 fps (70 Mbps) and should be concatenated losslessly. Audio is 256 kbps AAC (LC).
Using TMSR4, I get the choice to either encapsulate the result as MPEG file or MKV file - MP4 is greyed out (why ??? I only have Master and Smart clips at input stage !) !
For the MPEG file option, I get two options for the Container: MPEG-2 Program or MPEG-2 Transport.
The first option causes full reencode ("rescue") of the complete audio stream (why ???), while the second option results in a file that is obviously no longer a MPEG-4 container, and is not accepted by my editing software.
I can of course import and "stitch" the original MP4 files together directly inside my editing app, but for some reason this is not an acceptable solution.
I really want to concatenate these MP4 files together seamlessly.
If TMSR4 can't do it transparently, what options do I have ?

benoitm  2015-11-26 01:16:03 ( ID:3faynov/c9o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"MP4 is greyed out (why ??? I only have Master and Smart clips at input stage !)"

>> Here is the explanation:"The Variable Quantization Matrix of the MPEG-4 AVC parameter does not meet the standard"

>>So this camcorder produces illegal MP4 files ?
>>Can't I force TMSR4 to accept anyway ?

benoitm  2015-11-27 18:58:59 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Despite the explanation, I'm still looking for a solution/workaround !
How can I force TMSR4 to override the "illegal" Variable Quantization Matrix produced by the camcorder ?

Rather Urgent...
Thanks

benoitm  2016-01-14 02:40:13 ( ID:3ze2vdkhebf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

bump !

George  2016-01-23 23:39:19 ( ID:lsk7calqe8h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can only contact Pegasys support about this. It is true that when it comes to Smart Renderer 4, they are being slow to update its various problems. Their last update dates back to July 2015, which is not reassuring at all. They used to respond much quicker to user problems with new updates.

You could probably join (=append) those files as MKV with MKVToolnix without re-encoding. If you absolutely need MP4, you can try MP4Box. It's a command-line tool but it should be easy enough. There also GUI's available for it.

Bug report - Intel Xeon vs decoder Intel media Sdk Software No.69983
Deckard51  2015-10-26 04:15:50 ( ID:s69jffiswoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello
Currently I have a Xeon processor E5 2687W V3 (lga2011-3)
After the change has stopped working decoder "Intel Media SDK Software"
Below, a screenshot of the error.

http://s9.postimg.org/z9tk6ci33/media_sdk_vs_xeon.jpg

On the second computer processor i7-5960 does not have this problem
and decoder "Intel Media SDK Software" is working properly.
Can you fix the problem "Xeon vs Intel Media SDK decoder software"?

greetings

Bug report - INvalid window handle - cannot load multiple clips - buttons stop No.69954
hiohaa  2015-09-23 05:16:24 ( ID:nebanajyfi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried multiple versions, both the latest and previous versions, and i'm constantly getting the following problem - 'invalid window handle'. When i load in a first clip - fine, no problem, i can edit it, fine. The moment i load in a second clip, then go to the edit screen, the buttons stop working and the program stops functioning. When i go to close it, i get this error message 'invalid window handle'. I have tried not using CUDA, same result. I've made a video showing what is happening, which you can see here: https://youtu.be/1XR4QQOJzvg
as you can see the moment i load in a 2nd video, buttons stop working, then when i go to close the window it just crashes with the invalid window handle error.
please help as the program for me is basically useless.

hiohaa  2015-09-24 16:50:52 ( ID:ubl3uexr5h. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem solved. It was to do with teamviewer.
I had to disable one of the features on teamviewer which creates some button on every window open.
Now smart renderer works fine. thanks to pegasys support for their prompt help.

Question - Convert to another format No.69946
Dennis  2015-09-18 23:10:10 ( ID:jx7cm32mhm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know I can do lossless editing keeping the same format but can I also edit a file and output it in a different format?

tkrave  2015-09-19 09:42:23 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That would be file conversion, which requires re-encoding. Unless you are talking about different container formats which I think the software allows.

Question - The one clip I want to edit won't be accepted as a "master clip" No.69786
Kerry Shetline  2015-06-29 05:17:58 ( ID:n4hzwon8a2a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do I do when the one clip that I want to edit -- all I want to do is a simple trim operation on this one clip -- won't be accepted as a "master clip"?

What does it take for an MKV file to be acceptable as a master clip?

The file is simply the output from a video capture device (Hauppauge HD DVR 2), originally a TS file, repackaged as an MKV file using mkvmerge. The clip contains two tracks only, one MPEG-4 AVC video track, 1920x1080 @ 59.94 fps, and an MPEG-1 Layer 2 stereo audio track @ 48 KHz.

I see that someone asked this question over two years ago (http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbs/list/lang/en/board/TMSR4/topic/67377#topic67377), and the only answer they got was that the clip "has to be MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4 AVC". My clip fits that description. What else has to be true for my clip to be accepted as more than just a "rescue" clip?

For future editing, I sure hope it's not true that only files with MPEG-1/2 audio can be master clips, because I'll definitely want to edit files with AC3 audio as well.

tkrave  2015-06-30 08:54:41 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe it can't be in a MKV container. Do you still have the original TS file? I think that would be more suitable.
I feel like MKV is still kind of new for TMPGEnc products, and they don't handle them as well as the older container formats.

Kerry Shetline  2015-07-06 03:32:00 ( ID:n4hzwon8a2a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The original .ts file is accepted, but only as an import. I'm pretty sure that means it goes through a decode/re-encode cycle before being used -- which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

tkrave  2015-07-09 18:24:32 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it can be set as the master clip then it won't be re-encoded.
This software will not re-encode anything during the file importation process.
TS files need to be analyzed since they can contain multiple programs/playlists; that might be what you are experiencing. Nothing is being done to the actual data though.

Question - TMSR4 slow as heck with 8new 8-core AMD CPU No.69736
sanlyn  2015-06-04 06:32:31 ( ID:lkghfge5.8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New AMD build with 8-core AMD 8370 is so slow, TMSR4 and TVMW5 edit and preview are not just slow, they're sloppy and jerky. Encoding/rendering is OK, but the edit and preview players are almost unusable.. Everything else on this machine runs like fireworks, but....wow, talk about TMPGenc being slooooow now.

Formerly this software was on an AMD 4-core, and operation was pretty normal. That 4-core ASUS motherboard's gone now.

I can't be the only user with this problem. What gives with more CPU cores, and why do TMPGenc's preferences say only 1 core is working? TMPgenc's newer software is are the only installedapps with this problem. After Effects Pro had no performance change at all when I installed it on this new PC, and neither did any media players (in fact, all media improved now).

Question - Preview Display Greyed out No.69714
Fxgopher  2015-05-25 23:23:45 ( ID:i/yrhfafbac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mt preview display window has gone grey and will not display any video file when editing - the sound is there.

I've double clicked to reset it to default, but still the same.

Bug report - the specified file could not be recognized as a TS of PGMX file No.69465
Deckard51  2015-01-16 17:03:45 ( ID:s69jffiswoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to report a problem with the acceptance of the .TS files generated / recorded in Atemio Nemesis tuner:
http://www.atemio.de/index.php/en/hdtv-receiver/terrestrial-dvb-s-t2/nemesis-en
Each file recorded in the receiver is without errors, accepted and properly recognized by other
video editing programs (VideoReDo, DVR-Studio HD 3 ... etc), but TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4
and TMPGEnc Video Mastering and Works 5 software do not accept these files. In each case, when I'm trying to load file the I receive following message: "The Specified file could not be recognized as a TS of PGMX file"
In my opinion TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 is the best program and I would still use it but the current situation before I can start processing files I have to load the example to the DVR-Studio HD 3, make a copy of the .TS and only after this operation TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 accepts such files.
If you like to I can send a sample file to let you examine the problem.
If this is correctable I would appreciate an update at the next TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 build.

Question - HEV1 Support No.69139
Tom  2015-01-01 09:39:38 ( ID:w0heoc2iyxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will support be coming for HEV1 / H.265 in TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 or will it require say an upgrade to the next (new) version of mpeg rendering software.

Bug report - TMSR 4.2. has become dog slow lately without apparent reason No.68749
benoitm  2014-10-26 01:18:49 ( ID:v3dgvaadcnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lately I noticed that TMSR 4.2.3.67 has become **extremely** slow (e.g. more than 1 minute to launch, or 40 seconds before anything happens when I click on "new project" !!!! This is Core i7 Q3740 (2.7 GHz) machine !)
Anything I do causes such a delay that makes the app almost unusable !
Last time I used the app a few weeks ago, everything was fine.
I just tried full deinstall / reinstall: no change !!

I also run TVMW5 and TAW5 without any problem !!

Could a recent Windows Update (e.g. a .NET Framework update ?) be the cause of this ?

Please help !

benoitm  2014-10-26 01:27:18 ( ID:v3dgvaadcnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

update: while "waiting" for the app to respond to *any* action (Windows "hourglass"), Win Task Manager shows that the TMSR process is the only process eating CPU at that time, around 15% total (4 out of the 8 HT cores show high activity).

benoitm  2014-10-26 17:17:25 ( ID:ayxym0x3/gk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Update #2

On another Win7 system, with a much lesser and older CPU (Core2 Quad), there is no problem !

benoitm  2014-10-27 16:52:22 ( ID:3.ya.wwsstg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just to be clear following the previous update: while TSMR works fine on my older system, the problem is still there on my main system, where it is absolutely unusable.

Thanks for any hint

benoitm  2014-10-27 20:11:39 ( ID:3.ya.wwsstg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Things are becoming hairy (and t'shooting very timeconsuming):

I tried uninstalling Windows updates to a date somewhat before I first noticed the problem: no change !
I tried deleting the TMSR key & all subkeys ni the registry (LOCAL_USER) before reinstalling TMSR: no change ! (but apparently the license info and possibly other settings are stored elsewhere since when reinstalling TMSR, it did NOT ask for my Licence key at launch).
I tried reverting to 4.2.2.66 : no change !

Then I tried running TMSR from another Win7 user profile on the same machine and...no problem !!!! So the problem source is NOT the hardware or the software on this machine, but some obscure interference with "something" in my main Win7 user profile, but what ??????
I can't remember of any significant change on my desktop environment lately, "process explorer" and "autoruns" utility reveal no problem. Virus scan was completed successfully (Avira Free 14)
My system is pretty well managed, no rogue apps etc.
This system has 2 GPUs, I tried with both the nVidia Quadro K2000M GPU and the Intel HD4000 GPU: no change.
(CUDA is disabled)

I am running out of ideas, please help !

George  2014-12-17 21:01:45 ( ID:eziith4xip. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While I can work with TMSR4 without serious problems, I agree that is significantly less responsive and more sluggish than TVMW5 and TAW5. Hope they take care of this.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.