TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 4 / 5 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Adding files problem John Michael Jordan 1 2013-07-02 10:25:15
Question Sequential TS File Binding kybos 2 2013-07-15 03:57:36
Question How to install on Windows server operating system? MaiSun 0 2013-05-31 21:23:12
Question DVD conversion into any file without re-encoding Petr_J 1 2013-05-22 09:50:37
Request Can I use image files as transition? Alex 0 2013-03-26 01:31:57
Free talk New version and hdpvr and commercials rconn2 1 2013-06-15 20:39:27
Question Cannot edit a single .mkv file BrunoM 1 2013-03-05 05:28:07
Question Standard DVD Output Westford CAT 0 2013-01-22 02:45:48
Question transition at the beginning of the first clip n00bert 2 2013-01-17 05:11:35
Request Lossless AAC conversion Procyon 0 2012-12-23 11:17:50
Question Bit Rate Mgosselin 1 2014-11-28 12:51:40
Bug report Changed end frame of a clip is not always saved in a project mikemcc 0 2012-12-07 21:19:13

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 4 / 5 ]   Next > >>
Question - Adding files problem No.67753
John Michael Jordan  2013-06-26 00:57:19 ( ID:cgilobmn2ow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am puzzled about adding more then one file in the Source programme. I can import a single file and it appears as a green bar in the Title List. If I then try to add a second file, the system 'bleeps' at me, and will not accept another file to the list. What I am doing wrong?

Michael J.

tkrave  2013-07-02 10:25:15 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's definitely not normal. You should be able to add more files just like you added the first one.
You can try to add multiple files at once if they are in the same directory. Just ctrl+click to select multiple files.

Question - Sequential TS File Binding No.67656
kybos  2013-06-01 20:13:16 ( ID:oshdoe22zpc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

the feature described on the "Features" page as "Sequential TS File Binding" should combine sequential .ts files into one on loading (split so by many recorders).
Files from my recorder look like this, e.g.:

12.000.text.ts
12.001.text.ts
12.002.text.ts
etc.

The Smart renderer is not able to recognize this as sequential.
Not even if I delete "12." at the beginning.
It only seems to work if there is a number and the extension, like this:
000.ts
001.ts
002.ts
etc.
(which is in fact not very helpful).

Does anybody know how exactly the algorithm works? Is it really as simple as that?

Thanks,
kybos

George  2013-06-21 08:07:47 ( ID:lbmrula6qim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Contact the support team directly from the product's web page, and ask them to improve this feature. I don't know if they monitor these user-to-user forums.

MSR User  2013-07-15 03:57:36 ( ID:bfzsixjdwn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't help you with the Smart Renderer product itself.

However this tool: http://www.1-4a.com/rename/ can help you quickly rename your files so they will work with the way the renderer is working.

Post if you're having problems figuring it out (it's kinda cryptic) and I can help you figure out the exact command or whatever.

Question - How to install on Windows server operating system? No.67651
MaiSun  2013-05-31 21:23:12 ( ID:i1dhmnzexam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I tried to download the trail version of TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 software, but I couldn't install on Windows server 2008 R2. I know the server operating system is not offically supported, but is there anyway to force it install? I'd very much like to give this tool a try.
All other video editor tools such as VideoStudio, PowerDirector and Sony Vegas can be installed without problem.
Thank you in advance!

Question - DVD conversion into any file without re-encoding No.67553
Petr_J  Home )  2013-05-05 07:53:10 ( ID:fpoq7dcy4mh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to copy DVD files on Hard Disc without any re-encoding (loosing quality), but keeping all sount-tracks. When I read DVDs in the menu (DVD/Blue Ray input) with temporary storage on HDD, then it offers me MPEG-Transport stream or MPEG-Program stream (Format menu) and the video is re-encoded (change of orginal qality - red bar in Analyses). I also tried to read the temporary files from HDD *.dvddata - then no re-encoding apeears (no red bars in analyses) - then the file is shorter than in the first scenario.

I am confuced - what is correct way to copy HDD without re-encoding to HDD? In any format (*.MPG, *.TS, *.PS, ...).

Thnaks ...

smartfinder77  2013-05-22 09:50:37 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

-DVDShrink for full streams (uncheck vob 1GB), choice chapter in-out
-TSmuxer for render VOB to M2TS all streams
-Edit with TMSR4 (Audio DTS No compatible)

Request - Can I use image files as transition? No.67452
Alex  2013-03-26 01:31:57 ( ID:eziith4xip. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to use picture files (jpg, png etc.) in Smart Renderer 4? It seems the only way to insert them is in tiled mode. It would be a nice feature to have.

Free talk - New version and hdpvr and commercials No.67417
rconn2  2013-03-09 21:05:39 ( ID:/bkhnhbht7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The latest Feb. 2013 version now smart renders hauppauge hdpvr 1212 videos! This fixes the only serious, for me, shortcoming. I've experimented wirh clips from lots of different sources -- canon, gopro, ios mp4, hdpvr 1212, and others -- and tney all smart render.

I also tried the new Commercial Candidates feature, but it didn't detect any commercials that were present on a video. But, having this feature added is a plus which will hopefully be developed further.

Rick0725  2013-06-15 20:39:27 ( ID:zpzhxmp7eja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The hauppauge hdpvr 1212 videos do not meet the Blu ray standards in regards to GOP structure. 720P videos will smart render 1080i videos will not.

This statement only applies to Blu ray standard videos. It will smart render MP4 mkv standard video files from the hauppauge hdpvr 1212. I tested all driver versions capturing 30 second 720p and 1080i. The hdpvr2 is worse in some regards if you are thinking of upgrading. the vbv flag is set to no, the bit rate does not meet the standand for some settings, along with the GOP issue.

Another area of concern is the MBAFF flag. It is coded non MBAFF/MBAFF for 1080i. It should be coded just MBAFF for interlaced.

Question - Cannot edit a single .mkv file No.67377
BrunoM  2013-02-27 11:26:47 ( ID:swor7hze6s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have purchased MPEG Smart Renderer 4, based on the claims of reduced/minimized re-encoding of edited files, in order to be able to cut the start & end of some video files I have.

These files can have a few "dead" seconds at the start and/or the end of each. Removing this "dead time" should not result in re-encoding the whole file, since I'm not touching the rest of the videos.

So, after buying MPEG Smart Renderer 4, I import this one .mkv file, cut the "dead time" in the edit window... only to see that the clip is not of type "master" but "rescue". When I try to proceed from the "source" to the "format" tab, the programme keeps complaining I need to have a Master Clip before it can proceed to the next tab: problem is, I cannot set the one and only clip as Master Clip. Nor can I find an option to "import a master clip".

So I'm stuck. The help files are not that helpful and I cannot find any documentation about such a situation.

Help?

tkrave  2013-03-05 05:28:07 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the video stream format? In order for it to be smart renderable (or set as a master clip), it has to be MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4 AVC. MKV is just a container format, so the video stream can be anything. Check the file with a program like MediaInfo.

Question - Standard DVD Output No.67243
Westford CAT  2013-01-22 02:45:48 ( ID:/j/1lchgnyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We upgraded to Smart Renderer 4 after many successful years with version 3. I noticed that you can no longer output to a standard DVD in V4, only to blue ray. We are a community tv station, still broadcasting in standard def and all our programs are stored on DVD. Will you be adding this back into the program or do you have any recommendations to get finished mpgs on to DVD-R's after you have trimmed them using V4? Our V3 version is no longer active.

Question - transition at the beginning of the first clip No.67204
n00bert  2013-01-15 05:47:24 ( ID:w9itejkrtaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

how can I add a transition, i.e. fade-in black, at the beginning of the first clip?

thanks,
n00bert

tkrave  2013-01-15 08:05:46 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For a fade-in effect on your first (or only) clip, you will need to create a color clip to fade-in from.
To do this, click on the Source Wizard button in the Source Stage.
In the Source Wizard window, select "Add color matte or pattern clip" option.
You will then be able to set the duration and the color of the clip.
If you want to fade-in from black, select black as your color.
The duration of this clip should be as long as your fade-in effect's duration at the minimum. So if you want a 3 second fade-in, this clip should be at least 3 seconds long.
When you are finished with the settings, click the "Finish" button and the color clip will be added to your clip list in the Source Stage.

Move your new color clip to the top of the list (or before the clip you want to fade-in to). With your color clip selected, use the same method for adding the fade-out effect as described above but be sure to select a crossfade effect to crossfade from your color clip to your actual clip.

n00bert  2013-01-17 05:11:35 ( ID:ljet8xzqq6w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks a lot for the workaround!

Request - Lossless AAC conversion No.67136
Procyon  2012-12-23 11:17:50 ( ID:yoblxxpysio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found something I hope you can correct. The files I'd like to edit are created using Hauppauge Colossus hardware and the bundled ArcSoft Showbiz showbiz software. They're a mixture of MPEG-2 TS container, MPEG-2 AAC audio using ADTS and MPEG-4 AVC video. Smart Renderer 4 has no problem opening the files but when I try to save them in a new MPEG-4 MP4 container, it warns me that "MPEG-2 AAC (LC) is not a common audio stream type in the MP4. Therefore some players may not playback the video." I did some research and found out that MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AAC are identical except for some header information. One common tool MP4BOX has been quickly modified to make a lossless conversion. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpac/forums/forum/287546/topic/1809366 and http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=57074. Could Smart Renderer be patched to do something similar while smart rendering AV files, losslessly converting from MPEG-2 AAC to MPEG-4 AAC when being saved to an MP4 container?

Question - Bit Rate No.67106
Mgosselin  2012-12-14 01:47:35 ( ID:oxos2kihikh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New to Smart Renderer. Trying to figure out how to adjust bit rate to bring video size down. I video my kids clubs soccer games and files are 6/8 GB and need them to be smaller for S3 storage.

tkrave  2012-12-15 04:10:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Smart Renderer 4 is not a video converter; it's made to keep the output the same as the input as much as possible.

However, there are ways around it using the Rescue clip function. You need to have an existing MPEG file at your desired bitrate and use that file as the Master clip. Your new video will then be re-encoded to match that clip.

Bug report - Changed end frame of a clip is not always saved in a project No.67085
mikemcc  2012-12-07 21:19:13 ( ID:6l.xvhig2gk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's nice software but there seems to be one bug. I set the end frame of a clip once and saved the project. I opened the project and the new end frame had been saved OK. I changed the end frame, saved the project and opened it again but this end frame had not been saved. This happened with several projects. It is very alarming ! I have reported this to the company and asked them to issue an update to correct this as soon as possible but I thought I should also report it here meanwhile.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.