TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 452 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Converting 20fps nAVI, use PAL or NTSC? inouee 3 2002-08-12 23:37:01
Question Newbie - divx 2 mpg Loca 1 2002-08-11 18:35:12
Bug report TMPG PLUS download from Pegasus website is corrupted Paul Memoli 2 2002-08-11 21:41:23
Question "Stream Reading Error" Arcardia 6 2002-08-12 07:23:44
Question TMPgenc doesn't run after upgrade! Jim Robbins 3 2002-08-12 14:38:19
Question avi FILE "GOOD" tmpg VERSION VERY PIXELATED Paul Memoli 7 2002-08-12 22:45:11
Question Problem There is no sound or audio while i convert from asf to mpeg format kt21 6 2002-08-12 23:04:58
Question HELP, WHEN I TRY TO OPEN AUDIO SOURCE IT FREEZES THEN CRASHES:( dude_sweet 3 2002-08-11 19:49:14
Question Illegal floating point calculation error Thomas 1 2002-08-11 17:45:41
Question Creating good SVCD Newbie Divx 6 2002-08-13 16:16:54
Question Split a SVCD-File in 2 Files so i can write to a cd eegloff 1 2002-08-11 13:31:29
Question Add subs after encode movie to mpeg 2 Djrainer 1 2002-08-11 17:54:19

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 452 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Converting 20fps nAVI, use PAL or NTSC? No.26416
inouee  2002-08-11 20:11:34 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In converting a 20fps nAVI file to mpeg and mpeg2, and have a mulitsystem TV. So what shd i convert the file to?

Also, i was wondering if anyone has templates for high quality conversions from nAVI to both mpeg and mpeg2 pse?

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-08-11 21:50:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your avi file has a frame rate of 20fps then no matter what template you use it will not look right when played on your dvd player,You will have "Jerkey" Playback, 20fps is a non-standard frame rate and there is no mpeg standard for this frame rate so Tmpgenc has to do a "Frame rate conversion" and has to duplicate a certain number of frames to make the frame rate a standatd frame rate (23.9/25/29.9) and in doing this cause it to playback jumpy and can cause certain parts to go out of sync..There is no Perfect solution for fixing this...

ABS  2002-08-12 12:45:01 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use AVIsynth to do a smooth frame rate conversion...
After that, for which TV system, it depends on the resolution of the AVI.

ABS

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:37:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You could use AVisynth which I find is the easiest and least hassle and gives pretty good results or you could use the traditional conversion method. Do a search on this BBS for frame rate conversion, there is a step by step guide how to achieve this.

ASHY

Question - Newbie - divx 2 mpg No.26414
Loca  2002-08-11 18:33:11 ( ID:kii99re6sih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a newbie with Tmpegenc and I have a problem:
I have downloaded a divx movie, and the divx player plays it correctly, so all the codecs are OK.
When I try to use tmpegenc and I select the video file, the program says that it can read the file or the format is not supported, while everything is OK for the audio file.
Where is the error??

Thanks a lot.

ASHY  2002-08-11 18:35:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the search box above and type 'unsupported'

ASHY

Bug report - TMPG PLUS download from Pegasus website is corrupted No.26411
Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 18:31:38 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and decided that I needed the "PLUS" version so that I could alter bitrates and make SVCDs etc. I went to the company home site and was ready to pay when I saw that I could download a trial copy of PLUS for 2 weeks of use. How Nice!!! Now 2 download sites were offered, the Pegasus home site and an American site.I chose the Pegasus site and after I downloaded the file I went to open it with WinZip and I was told the file was corrupted or damaged. I figured it had to be talking about my WinZip program flie... so I downloaded the newest version and was given the same message. Finally I downloaded from the American site and this time everything went smoothly.
Can some-one please inform the Pegasus people about this problem?

ASHY  2002-08-11 18:37:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it is corrupt as I have downloaded that version from Pegasus and it works fine.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-11 21:41:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Paul ...I have read a couple of your posts and it seems that you for some reason you keep saying that you can"t raise the bitrate in the Demo version which is not so , if you wan"t to raise the bitrate or change any of the settings that are locked in by the Templates you just load the "unlock.mcf" template then you will be able to change any and all of the settings you wish, the plaus version and the demo version have no real differance....

Question - "Stream Reading Error" No.26404
Arcardia  2002-08-11 17:47:35 ( ID:ceotpsdqgsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

i often have problems with the merge & cut function
i try to cut a large svcd mpg-2 file into 2 file to fit them onto cd
but after few seconds an "Stream Reading Error" occours

the large mpg-2 file plays perfect so i dont understand that error

what does it mean ?

Olli  2002-08-11 19:05:19 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is your HDD full ?

Minion  2002-08-11 21:35:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a error that seems to be popping up on the 2.57 version, I got it continually last noght on repeated files ,but I then tried the 2.56 version and everything went smoothly..This definately seems like a bug in the 2.56 version so if you are useing this version then try useing a different version"s "mpeg tools"...

Olli  2002-08-11 22:18:07 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see ... odd but I have not had any problems with 2.57 using Merge&Cut , mind you I did fork out the cash and buy the license, so it could just be a problem with the free version ....

replic  2002-08-11 23:24:01 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no full version as the same problem :)

Minion  2002-08-12 02:59:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the registered version two, I was trying to put a svcd header on a mpeg2 file and each time I would get that error, i ended up putting a vcd header on it a burning it as a vcd but it turned out good....

Arcardia  2002-08-12 07:23:44 ( ID:.kylaqvs5v. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes
the error happens during the svcd header writing

while video and audio multiplexing everything
works fine but than...

thx anyway - i try it again using version 2.56

Question - TMPgenc doesn't run after upgrade! No.26400
Jim Robbins  2002-08-11 17:45:00 ( ID:r5cct6re.nn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After upgrade to 2.57 the program aborts when started and reports the license has expired. Does anyone know what file to delete so it will start a new 30 day period? I must assume after 30 days it writes a file somewhere. It runs OK on my second computer.

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:59:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once you have expired the use of TMPG then no further versions will allow the trial because in effect you have have been given ample opportunity to trial TMPG and it would be unfair to allow continuous use just by downloading a new version.

ASHY

ffast  2002-08-12 10:13:28 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> Does anyone know what file to delete so it will start a new 30 day period?
Don't ask this, you need to either
1. not encoding to MPEG-2 any more with TMPGEnc.
or
2. buy TMPGEnc Plus.
or
3. stop using TMPGEnc.

nycapbarista  2002-08-12 14:38:19 ( ID:frlsjqkbb62 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc gives a generous trial period of 30 days, and I too was thirsty for another free trial period because I don't like spending money. I visited my local Best Buy store to see about maybe purchasing a similar program only to discover that they were at least twice as expensive. Plus I already know how to (at least at the most basic level) use TMPGEnc. thanks to that long trial period. I raced home, bought it online, and to be honest,
I think that spending the money was well worth it. Recommendation: Buy it! It's on sale for US $48.

Question - avi FILE "GOOD" tmpg VERSION VERY PIXELATED No.26392
Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 16:58:10 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I used KaZaa to download a cam copy of "Queen of the Dead". When played on the computer with Microsoft Windows Media Player it looked fine (well, as good as camcorder copies usually look, anyway!) I used TMPG Plus to make a mpg copy. I chaned the settings so that the bitrate was 2300 and the speed of encoding was "high quality"... The resulting mpg file had bright muti-colored pixels running all thru it.Totally unwatchable. What did I do wrong? Did the high bitrate cause this effect? If so, how do you know what the best bitrate setting is for "broadcast quality" on a VCD?

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:38:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think this is a bitrate problem, but a decoding probnlem.
First try raising the priority of 'directshow multimeduia file reader' to 2 and the others to 0.
Check the encode, if the effect is still the same it could be possible that TMPG is using the wrong codec to decode this file thus causing the pixelation.
I would uninstall all associated codecs and install only the relevant codecs for this file an try again.

ASHY

Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 20:37:48 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I don't think this is a bitrate problem, but a decoding probnlem.
>First try raising the priority of 'directshow multimeduia file reader' to 2 and the others to 0.
>Check the encode, if the effect is still the same it could be possible that TMPG is using the wrong codec to decode this file thus causing the pixelation.
>I would uninstall all associated codecs and install only the relevant codecs for this file an try again.
>
>ASHY

OK I did reset the settings to Zero, and set Direct show to 2. Made new MPG, still full of rainbow-like pixels.Now I need to go back into the TMPG application and un-install all codecs other than avi to mpg? Not quite sure if I understood you correctly.

Minion  2002-08-11 22:00:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m not sure this is the problem but it sounds just a little bit like the problem that Tmpgenc has with the "Angel Potion Codec" if this codec is installed on your system it will cause the mpegs you encode to have pink and purple Discoloration, this does not sound exactly like your problem but it could be a variation of the problem.. so if you have that Codec installed on your system then try deleteing it ......

Olli  2002-08-11 22:23:45 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also ... do you see the bright coloured blocks only when playing the VCD on your DVD player, or are they also there if you play the VCD in your computer ?

Paul Memoli  2002-08-12 01:58:37 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ollie I have not burnt an actual VCD of this movie yet. I have examined the MPG made by TMPG with windows media player, and seen the pixels that way.

I am downloading a complete film file, rather than 2 files that have part 1 and part 2 of the movie. Perhaps this file will work better.

Minion, I was mistaken about the bitrate problem regarding TMPG plain and TMPG Plus. Thank you for setting me straight.

I do have a follow up question tho, regarding the changes I made in the "Environmental settings" Since resetting all values to O and Direct Show to "0" did not solve my problem, do you think I need to restore the default settings? If so, is there 1 key to press (I don't remember what they all were)

Minion  2002-08-12 03:04:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the default setting is all of them at "0", but if you are encodeing divx/avi files then the only filter that should be raised is the Direct show..

ASHY  2002-08-12 22:45:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I mean by uninstall all associated codecs is if this file is an AVI then it could be DIVX or MS MPEG4 or like Minion says the crappy Angel potion codec.

I would uninstall all MPEG4 codecs then find out which is the correct one to use for you AVI by examining the FourCC code of the file by using 'Avi FourCC code changer' and then re-installing the appropiate codec to see what effect it has.

ASHY

Question - Problem There is no sound or audio while i convert from asf to mpeg format No.26385
kt21  2002-08-11 16:47:44 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone konws what is the problem i have convert the asf to mpeg, it convert it successfully,it can be played but jus now that it does not have a sound, i really dun know why?

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:41:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is probably in a format TMPG doesn't cope with too well such as wma.
Extract the audio to a wav file then use that as your audio source in TMPG and encode it to an mp2 file then multiplex this with your movie using the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools.

ASHY

kt21  2002-08-11 18:47:55 ( ID:tskw55mpumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi ASHY,
I have tried ur ways but it doesn't seem to work,i have folloe ur instructions of converting from asf->wav,wav->mp2,mp2->mpg,it seems that it cannot work,do u have other solutions.
Thanks

kt21  2002-08-11 19:08:48 ( ID:tskw55mpumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,
I have tried to convert the wav, and tries to play it there is no sound all,is it beacuse the pc encoder is incomptiable

Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 19:10:11 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem with Vampire Hunter D "Bloodlust". The AVI copy had fine audio, the TMPG mpg did not.I used Virtual Dub to make a .wav file and then used TMPG to merge the two streams together. The new mpg worked correctly.
This may NOT solve your problem... but it did work for me.

Minion  2002-08-12 06:26:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What did you use to extract the WMA audio to a wav file??I hope you didn"t use Tmpgenc,HaHa,What works with asf and wmv files for extracting the audio is to try "DB Power amp" and you can extraxt it to mp2 so you don"t need to encode it any more you just multiplex it with the video you allready encoded...

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:04:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must have used an incompatible decoder.Do as Minion says. Download Dbpoweramp from DBpoweramp.com with the WMA and MP2 plugins and convert the audio to mp2 then multiplex that with your movie and it should work fine.

ASHY

Question - HELP, WHEN I TRY TO OPEN AUDIO SOURCE IT FREEZES THEN CRASHES:( No.26381
dude_sweet  2002-08-11 16:37:38 ( ID:pyucito0o5k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

First of sorry for all the yelling but I have been using TMPGEnc for awhile now, I even downloaded the newst one and have had no problems that i couldn't solve until now.
You see I use virtual dub to extract the audio and that works fine. But when i'm in TMPGEnc and I try to open the .wav in the audio source box TMPGenc freezes then crashes.

any help would be appreciated
thanks

p.s I have all the codecs and nimo codec pack.

Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 17:11:02 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try deleting the Nemo pack and then restart your computer.If that doesn't work re-install Nemo (make a backup copy of it first) I have had mixed results with Nemo supplied codecs.

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:42:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this happen with all wav files or this one in particular only.
How large is this wav file?

ASHY

dude_sweet  2002-08-11 19:49:14 ( ID:pyucito0o5k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well i fixed the problem my uninstalling tmpgenc and reinstalling it, but it has become very unstable. It crashes often for no reason. I tried defraging my hd and everything:( I have wins 98 se.
I got the audio to open and converted it but like i said. Tmpgenc keeps crashing not only when i try to convert a file bt for no reason like when i tried the merge and cut it just froze and crashed.

Question - Illegal floating point calculation error No.26379
Thomas  2002-08-11 13:28:23 ( ID:gaszszza8go )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everybody,
I am using TMPEGenc version 2.57. During encoding to mpeg-2 I receive the message "illegal floating point calculation error". This message is not coming every time at the same point of the cenversion, I receive it at various points. Since this is the first time I am using TMPEGenc I would be glad for any hint which can help me.

Many thanks for your help and best regards

Thomas

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:45:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a regular question, so rather than type the answer it would be better if you type 'decimal' into the search box above. You will then be presented with your solution.

ASHY

Question - Creating good SVCD Newbie No.26372
Divx  2002-08-11 13:24:04 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello I'm a newbe. So this question might be stupid.

I'm looking to make better SVCD than the standard in tmpgenc. I've heard of Ksvcd and Xsvcd. I'm using downloaded DivX files. I understand that I can save my custom setting so each time I can use them.

So what would you bright minds suggest I change things too. Also with custom setting how can I calculate the true file size, so I dont waste cd space.

Thanks

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:50:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Post your mail and I'll send you some templates I have which will produce high quality MPEGs better than the standard setting and will allow for high quality with a smaller file size.
I have sent these to many others and haven't had any bad reports so far.

Try them out and take a look at them and adjust them as you see fit.

ASHY

Olli  2002-08-11 19:06:40 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wouldnt mind some of your templates Ashy ....

thanks in advance

Olli

Divx  2002-08-11 20:54:50 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Post your mail and I'll send you some templates I have which will produce high quality MPEGs better than the standard setting and will allow for high quality with a smaller file size.
>I have sent these to many others and haven't had any bad reports so far.
>
>Try them out and take a look at them and adjust them as you see fit.
>
>ASHY

Thanks a lot.

Tim  2002-08-12 01:01:39 ( ID:aybjimdb7.w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I'm very interested in the templates as well... Thanks a lot!

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:00:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On their way....

ASHY

LustyLovers  2002-08-13 16:16:54 ( ID:mfkakxgkgc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We'd like a copy of them as well please...please send to Lusty2EachOther@hotmail.com THANKS!!!!

>Post your mail and I'll send you some templates I have which will produce high quality MPEGs better than the standard setting and will allow for high quality with a smaller file size.
>I have sent these to many others and haven't had any bad reports so far.
>
>Try them out and take a look at them and adjust them as you see fit.
>
>ASHY

Question - Split a SVCD-File in 2 Files so i can write to a cd No.26370
eegloff  2002-08-11 12:49:13 ( ID:iipgllv2lt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The generatet mpeg file ist to big to burn it on a cd with Nero. What is the best way to split the file and how is it done?

ASHY  2002-08-11 13:31:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

File>MPEGtools>Merge&Cut

ASHY

Question - Add subs after encode movie to mpeg 2 No.26368
Djrainer  2002-08-11 12:40:41 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just wanna know if its possible to Add subs after encode movie to mpeg 2

yes .... plz let me know howwwww

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:54:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are only a handful of programs able to do this and even then most DVD players don't support it.
It would be advisable to go to VCDhelp.com and have a look at the DVD player list and see if your player supports SVCD subs before going any further.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.