TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 462 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Resolution Olli 1 2002-08-03 16:34:58
Question Putting a VCD header on a SVCD file Olli 3 2002-08-03 13:29:34
Question How to encode AVI or MPEG files to VOB bouhraoui 10 2002-08-05 16:53:26
Question m2p can not open, unsupported (VFAPI DOES NOT WORK) Fred Smythe 3 2002-08-03 22:55:25
Question can't reduce mpeg1 filesize chris 1 2002-08-03 09:18:32
Question CERTAIN MOVIES BEING READ AS MUCH LARGER ??????? Sack 2 2002-08-03 20:42:13
Question Mpg1, Has audio but no image Jiggamac 1 2002-08-03 04:13:42
Question Problem with REW or FF after encode bigU 3 2002-08-05 20:42:08
Bug report VBR encoding in 2.57 ChiRho 6 2002-08-04 06:13:09
Question SVCD size after encoding Problem Flash 8 2002-08-05 22:03:39
Question MPG 2 - No AUDIO BEDLAMEDIA 1 2002-08-02 21:57:22
Request SVCD-subtitles Axe P. 0 2002-08-02 20:52:41

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 462 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Resolution No.26011
Olli  2002-08-03 16:20:18 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Im converting various DivX's to XVCD.

The res Im converting to is 480x576
The aspect ratio Im converting to is 4:3 (PAL)

Now the source avis' come in various resolutions (640x272, 640x352,576x240 etc). I know that most people use the source aspect ratio set to say 16:9 if it is widescreen and the video arrange method set to full screen keep aspect ratio.

The problem is that with say a source that is 640x272 with the above setting the output looks squashed and the only way I have found round this is to set the video arrange method to center custom size and then enter values there like 480x400.

What is an easy method to work out what the source aspect ratio and video arrange method should be ?

regards

Olli

Olli  2002-08-03 16:34:58 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S I viewed the out put through Power DVD as I know Media player does not accurately show what it would look like on a TV

Question - Putting a VCD header on a SVCD file No.26007
Olli  2002-08-03 10:52:21 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since my DVD player will not play SVCD I thought I'd try the header conversion trick to get a file encoded to SVCD specs to play in my player

I did the following for a 5 section

- Loaded SVCD template
- Converted file
- Used MPEG tools to add the finished MPEG2 file and changed type to Video CD non standard

The resulting file plays OK in my DVD player but the file sizes are a little weird

The encoded SVCD mpeg is 219 meg
The same file with the header changed to MPEG1 is 91 meg

Any ideas ?

Is windows just reporting it incorrectly because of the header change ?
If so what is the real size I need to consider when fitting the entire movie across several CD's

Thanks

Olli

ASHY  2002-08-03 11:00:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be that there was padding added to your SVCD by TMPG.
When using the 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' setting this padding is removed.

Did you use CBR to encode this movie or choose the padding option in VBR. If so it is likely padding was added. To keep the bitrate to a constant level, TMPG must add padding to low bitrate scenes otherwise the bitrate would drop below the set level.

ASHY

Olli  2002-08-03 12:52:29 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy

I used CQ_VBR mode and padding box was unchecked

Olli

ASHY  2002-08-03 13:29:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Strange, have you actually watched through this movie to see if ALL of it is actually there. It seems unusual the size has dropped so much. TMPG has been known to cut the movie short when using this method.

If not it must be a windows quirk as I can't really see the file size dropping so much.

ASHY

Question - How to encode AVI or MPEG files to VOB No.25996
bouhraoui  2002-08-03 10:17:47 ( ID:zabjay2.dyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dear sirs.

Is there any software or utility to encode avi or mpeg files to vob files?

ASHY  2002-08-03 10:53:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need DVD authoring software. There are quite a few that do this, but don't expect the quality of TMPG.

ASHY

chris  2002-08-03 15:38:23 ( ID:b1zkljuz3el )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>dear sirs.
>
>Is there any software or utility to encode avi or mpeg files to vob files?
>

Hi! Why do you need this? Use TMPGEnc for mpg=>MPEG-1 or avi2vcd for avi=>MPEG-1 and then use Nero to burn a VCD.

Minion  2002-08-03 20:57:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

He is not talking about mpeg files he is talking about VOB files, you can encode to mpeg with tmpgenc and then use an authoring program to turn the mpeg into a VOB file.I ran into a fairly good program a few days ago that converts mpeg2 to vob then creates the "Video_TS folder" and burns it if you wish, it is called "Intervideo Win Producer 3" you can download a copy at :
http://2002dvdinfo.org/main.html just look through the list of programs till you find it, plus it has a fairly good video editing and capture utility....

laserfan  2002-08-03 23:24:03 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm downloading WinProducer, hoping it will turn my mpeg2s into a burnable video_ts folder. I want to put video w/nonstandard audio (32kHz MPEG1 Layer 2) onto a DVD to try, but no DVD authoring program will let me. Does anyone know any tricks to fool SpruceUp or Pinnacle Express or neoDVDstandard or DVDit or ??? into accepting this nonstandard audio?

Minion  2002-08-03 23:47:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want to put such a low frequency audio track in your mpeg2 file?? The quality of 32khz wont be as good as the standard 48khz dvd audio, The reason dvd authoring programs will not accept that frequency of audio is probably cuz the programers know that 32khz will Not Play in most or all standalone dvd players ,you should just encode the original audio to 48khz and do it right then you will have less problems....

Minion  2002-08-03 23:50:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: Win Producer will either re-encode the audio to mp2-48khz or ac3-48khz so make sure you load the audio and video in seperateny or it might encode the video also while encodeing the audio......

Minion  2002-08-04 09:43:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m sory but i got programs mixed up the program that i was thinking about was "Video Wave 5" and I got it off Kaaza..sorry about that but the Win Producer isn"t a bad authoring program but the demo does not support dvd"s but it is a damn fast encodeing engine for vcd and avi/dv.

laserfan  2002-08-05 03:17:07 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion I wish to put 32kHz MPEG1 Layer 2 audio onto DVD because that is what my source device records at (a Tivo). It would make saving to DVD very much easier if I could use the audio as-is without resampling it. Can you suggest any way to try this on a DVD? My player might indeed play it, as MPEG1 Layer 2 at 32kHz is an accepted format for mpeg audio discs.

Griff  2002-08-05 13:40:42 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the answer is simply no. I let my authoring programme transcode the audio from my digital tv card (which is already a 48KHz mpa) and there's no loss of sound quality, just let the authoring package do its job.

Griff

laserfan  2002-08-05 16:53:26 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The issue Griff is that authoring programs don't accept the 32kHz audio, at least none that I know of. Thus I have to resample the audio before importing to an authoring program, which has attendant problems of its own especially loss of sync.

So I'm hoping to find a method to create a vob file w/this 32kHz MPEG1 Layer 2 audio because I believe & anticipate that my player just might play it. Does anyone have advice as to how I might make such a vob/video_ts folder?

I discovered BTW that DVDit! has a "Create non-compliant DVD" mode, but that appears to be only for video resolution. It still chokes on my audio.

Question - m2p can not open, unsupported (VFAPI DOES NOT WORK) No.25992
Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 09:26:45 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm getting the "can not open or file unsupported" error when trying to open an m2p file on my laptop. I have tried the +2 adjustment to DirectShow and it didn't help.

Here's the catch: the same file works fine on my desktop machine, using the same version of tmpgenc, the current one. Both machines will play the file in WMP if the extension is changed to mpg, albeit with incorrect aspect ratio. Both machines play the file in RealPlayer (again, changed to mpg), and their respective DVD players (PowerDVD XP on the desktop, WinDVD 3.0 on the laptop)

So I know the file is good, I know the VFAPI trick doesn't work, but the codec exists (well, _a_ codec) or else WMP and Real wouldn't be able to play it. I'd rather not install the 400 codecs in that Nimo Codec package if we can figure out which ones I might actually need.

Any ideas? If I missed a vitally important piece of information, let me know...

ASHY  2002-08-03 10:09:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is simply that you do not have the correct MPEG2 codec installed. Not all codecs work with TMPG that work with Media player.

Heres the best one which works with TMPG 2.56, but doesn't work with 2.57 due to the chages the way 2.57 uses codecs now.
www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 18:21:01 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay, I think I see now. In the revision notes, it mentions that it'll see the Cyberlink codec, but it doesn't mention WinDVD. Since that's the difference between the two machines (2.57 with PowerDVD installed works great on my desktop), I wager that is the problem. So I can either go through that big honkin' codec pack and see if I can find the Cyberlink codecs (which I think were in there, I at least recognized an audio one, if someone could tell me the video one that would be great, or I can just put PowerDVD XP on the laptop (which truth be told I think I like better than WinDVD, but WinDVD came with the laptop.)

I'll give those a shot and report back. Thanks for the help.

Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 22:55:25 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bingo. I dug through the Codec Pack for a while, and found a couple ideas, but I figured I wanted to install PowerDVD anyhow, and I had it handy with me, so I installed it, and voila, TMPGENC works fine now. It must have specifically searched out the Cybervideo codec. So it's all good now. Thanks for the shove in the right direction. :)

Question - can't reduce mpeg1 filesize No.25990
chris  2002-08-03 08:01:40 ( ID:b1zkljuz3el )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to create a VCD (MPEG-1) from a DivX AVI file. I'm using CBR and reduce the bitrate so that TMPGEnc shows me the target file size of 680MB. But after encoding the new mpg will have the same size if I had used the standard 11500 bitrate??!? Is't it possible to reduce the target file size by reducing the bitrate or what I'm doing wrong?

Minion  2002-08-03 09:18:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is that since you are makeing a "Non-Compliant VCD" you need to change the "system" setting to "video-cd non-standard"..I hope you realize that lowering the bitrate will greatly decrease the quality of the mpeg file, but if you need to get your file size smaller then use the "CQ" encodeing method, with this method you can actualy have a much higher maximum bitrate with a smaller file size and have better quality than the CBR method..Setting the maximum bitrate to 3000kbs and the minimum to 500kbs and the quality on "80" you could probably get 90-100 minutes on a cd-r depending on the movie and have better quality than CBR, give it a try...

Question - CERTAIN MOVIES BEING READ AS MUCH LARGER ??????? No.25987
Sack  2002-08-03 07:12:26 ( ID:4awk444j5qj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive been finding that more than less of the movies I've been trying to convert are being read 3x larger or more. For example, the movie Oceans 11 is, 1h and 56 min (690mb 1 disc/file) TMPG reads it as 381 mins or 6hrs 35 min. The movie Kiss of the dragon is 1hr 38min (698mb 1 disc/file) and TMPG reads it as 256min or 4hrs 26min. Both are divix. Is it a TMPG bug? Something not yet supported? Or am I missing a setting?

Minion  2002-08-03 09:26:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "file size" feature is fairly new to tmpgenc and there for probably has a few bugs in it, or it is haveing problems reading the header on your divx files.Does this affect encodeing???Have you tried to set the beginning and end points with the source range?? and the size of the divx file has nothing to do with the size of the encoded mpeg file it is the length of the file that matters and the bitrate used while encodeing.Anyway if it doesn"t screw up the encodeing then i wouldn"t worry about it but if it does post back with the effects you are getting when encodeing or any error messages you get..

sack  2002-08-03 20:42:13 ( ID:4awk444j5qj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your the best Minion. The source range has to be set for the begining and end frame of the movie. Otherwise the encodeing does suffer badly (300kbs). This is due to the movie being viewed as larger than it really is. THX!!!!!!!

Question - Mpg1, Has audio but no image No.25985
Jiggamac  2002-08-03 03:54:39 ( ID:xyq6o3ujrsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have audio but no images when converting DivX to Mpg. Both audio and video files are .avi.

Minion  2002-08-03 04:13:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of the "direct show file reader" you do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" then raise the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"........

Question - Problem with REW or FF after encode No.25981
bigU  2002-08-03 01:26:28 ( ID:k/prgtp9rnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been created my Mpeg2 files with TMPGenc. I author my DVD with Ulead moviefactory. Every time I view all my newly authored DVD I can only search thru it once maybe twice before my DVD player cannot fastforward or rewind anymore. I have tried this with 3 DVD players, and all do the same thing. Tried many clips and re encodes(with closed GOP etc) but still have have the fastforward and rewind issue. The only way I can get the dvd player to search again is to stop and play again then I can search just one maybe two times. Does this have to do with anything concerning the GOP layout? When I encode my movies I do load just the default DVD NTSC template for encode. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thansk /bigU

Minion  2002-08-03 02:32:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The fast forwarding and rewinding is a header issue and that could be a "ulead" problem cuz the header gets re-writen in "ulead" to do chapters,or do you do chapters and menu"s??Can you do can you still navigate through the file useing the chapter points???And if you plan to do chapters then don"t use those KVCD templates cuz the GOP layout of those only has one I frame per 48 frames and you need I frames to put in chapters and edit.So if you aren"t haveing problems with your chapters just fast forward and rewind then try putting in more chapters then you can jump to chapter points instead of skimming through the file.......

bigU  2002-08-06 00:10:06 ( ID:k/prgtp9rnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi minion

Thanks for the info. I am using menus/chapters. I can navigate fine thru the chapters. Its only skimming thru the file where I have issues. I did not know that ulead rewrites the headers. This can very well be the problem. Thank you for giving me a starting point to debug this problem. I will look into this further and will try what you suggested(add more chapter points :-)).

thanks

big U

Bill  2002-08-05 20:42:08 ( ID:dqbdpj8rrkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Chapters work great with every KVCD template. Just use VCDEasy to make your chapters.

Bug report - VBR encoding in 2.57 No.25974
ChiRho  2002-08-02 21:57:30 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A while ago (using 2.55), I encoded a VBR MPEG set at 0/2000 with an average 850. Added in some 128 MP2 audio, and the resulting file was 350MB and 49' long.

Now, with 2.57, I have a VBR MPEG again set at 0/2000 with an average 850 and 128 audio. The size of this file (48'30") is almost 500MB.

What's gone wrong?

Minion  2002-08-02 22:14:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because you use the same settings on one file and got a certain file size does not mean you will get the same file size with every file you encode with those settings, this is the nature of VBR ,the bitrate varies so the file size will not be the same twice, sometimes even with the same file and the same settings the file size could be differant each time you encode it, plus you are useing a different version so there could have been some changes in how the encoder allocates the bitrate, and each file is differant,I have encoded the first half of a movie with the same settings as the second half of a movie and have had one part be up to 200mb bigger than the second part just because the second half of the movie had all the action in it so was therefore much bigger...

ASHY  2002-08-02 22:22:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was this actually the same movie and the same length?
If not then I'm not suprised you have different file sizes if it wasn't the same movie.

Even if it was the same length it is unlikely one movie will result in the same size as the next.

VBR adjusts the bitrate to that particular movie otherwise there would be no point in using VBR.
Depending on the content of the movie the bitrate will rise and fall causing the movies to differ in file size.

ASHY

ChiRho  2002-08-03 00:57:54 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would expect a differing size to be the case if I set a quality level, and allowed the encoder to do the bitrate, however if I set an average bitrate, then the size of the movie should be average bitrate * length - otherwise the resulting file's average bitrate isn't the average bitrate I've specified, which would be a bug.

Minion  2002-08-03 02:24:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you are useing such a low average bitrate and a high max bitrate then the encoder is going to choose the higher bitrate when needed, image quality is allways a priority over file size(from the Tmpgenc faq)..The encoder isn"t going to allocate less bits to a frame than another simular frame because it has gone over it"s average bitrate for the file, What would happen then if you set the average bitrate too low the encoder will tend to run out of bits at the end of every file,I have done a few tests with Tmpgenc and CCE useing really low average bitrates and really high max bitrates, test simular to setting a 0kbs minimum 500kbs average and a 8000kbs max ,and after encodeing viewing through a bitrate viewer the average through the whole file was a lot higher than 500kbs and the quality was better than I expected considering the minimum bitrate..I don"t know the mechanics of why these encoders act that way but it seems like a fairly good explanation...

ASHY  2002-08-03 10:36:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, let me quote from the TMPG manual itself.

>Every scene in a movie has a different optimal bitrate. In this mode, a scene is analyzed to determine the best bitrate before it is encoded. One can set the maximum, average, and minimum bitrates to use.

>Average Bitrate
The average quality desired for the movie.

TMPGEnc will attempt to encode the movie close to the average bitrate, while still adjusting for scene motion. The higher the bitrate, the better the quality of movie and larger the file size.

>Maximum Bitrate
The maximum bitrate setting restricts the encoder to an upper bitrate limit during encoding. The higher the value, the better the quality of scenes with rapid motion will become at the expense of file size.

>Minimum Bitrate
This minimum bitrate setting guarantees a minimum bitrate for scenes with little motion if "Enable Padding" is enabled. If this value is set too low, even scenes with little motion will be of a poor quality.

As it says in the first statement regarding 'Average bitrate'
>TMPG will *Attempt* to encode close to the average bitrate,while still adjusting for scene motion.
This means even though you have set an average, if you set a maximum bitrate which is higher than the average then this bitrate will be used if the scene requires it.

Again in the next statement regarding 'Maximum bitrate' it says
>The higher the value, the better the quality of scenes with rapid motion will become at the expense of file size.

Notice the last few words of the statement.
This is telling you that regardless of the average bitrate set if you set the maximum bitrate high enough, this will affect the file size if there are lots of high motion scenes.

ASHY

RD  2002-08-04 06:13:09 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem 2.57 plus stinks because it seems to totally disregard the vbr bitrate values.

Example I encoded a two hour movie with 2pass vbr 2520 max average 2100 and minimum 500 kbps. The end result was average bitrate 2160 kbps. Needed 3 discs so I decide to re-encode and lowever the average bitrate to 1600.... Tmpegenc 2.57 gave me the same filesize!!!!!!! even though i made sure i typed in 1600 average vbr and save the .tpr file and double checked it it gave me a 2160kbps average file--just ignoring my parameters (1600 average).

SO I decided to go back to tmpgenc plus 2.56 and you know what? no problem. The average was 1610 kbps (I choose 1700 kbps) and it fit on 2 cdrs...

Something needs to be fixed....

Question - SVCD size after encoding Problem No.25965
Flash  2002-08-02 21:40:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I am having a problem with the file size of a SVCD I am trying to create.
Firstly I captured 1 hour of video from my Dazzle DVCII in mpeg2. The captured file size is 3.6Gb.
I am now trying to encode it down to standard SVCD using tmpgenc 12a. My settings are as follows.
Standard PAL SVCD template
Changed constant bitrate to constant Quality
Left bitrate at 2520
Video source - interlaced and field order A
Search acuracy set to highest
Now it encodes in approx 15mins (not long I thought for 1GHz PIII 256DDR)
but the file size comes in at 3.5Gb?
I have tried using both just the captured file and demultiplexed video and audio files in the source to no difference.

Please help as this SVCD file size can't be right!

Thanks

Flash

Minion  2002-08-02 22:05:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ther seems like there is something definately wrong first off the encodeing should take much longer like about 2 hours at least with the highest quality on my 1.7ghz a hour of svcd on the highest quality takes about 2.5hours,and the file size is more than 3 times as big as it should be ,so what I would sugest is to de-mux your captured mpeg file and load the video into "dvd2avi" and make a "D2V" file and then load the d2v file into tmpgenc then encode just the video then you mux the audio from the original mpeg with the encoded D2V file, this should work and the quality should be pretty good also........

Flash  2002-08-02 22:34:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks I'll give it a go and let you know.

Flash

ASHY  2002-08-02 22:37:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is you haven't encoded the file at all, but simply made an exact copy.

The reason is because you are using version 12a.
What you seem to have misunderstood is that even though this version can encode to MPEG2. It cannot open MPEG2 files. To do this you will have to install an MPEG2 codec.

When using 12a and you load the MPEG2 into TMPG it will simply load the file into the Video and audio boxes and then just remux the audio and video files back together as the output.
This is why it is the same size and it was so quick to encode.
You will notice that you will see this: mux:// before the file name in the 'Video' box. This indicates your file is going to be muxed not encoded.

ASHY

Flash  2002-08-04 19:00:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy
Have you got a link to a good mpeg2 codec or is it a case of searching.

Thanks

Flash

Flash  2002-08-04 19:17:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again I've just had a think and my maching has Power DVD installed so should already have a mpeg2 codec installed I think?
Running XP and can't find a list of the codecs, no problem with 98 but Hmmm where is it.

Any further suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

Flash

Flash  2002-08-04 19:20:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the Nimo codec pack installed.

Flash

ASHY  2002-08-05 18:26:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go here for the codec, but be aware this will only work for version 2.66 or below due to the new way the new version handles codecs.
www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

ASHY  2002-08-05 22:03:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That should be version 2.56.

Question - MPG 2 - No AUDIO No.25963
BEDLAMEDIA  2002-08-02 21:30:56 ( ID:mccq8atl72l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased a license for TMPGenc, downloaded the latest version, installed it and it works fine on VCD settings but when I encode MPG-2 for SVCD it comes up with no audio. I have tried it with several DIVX encoded AVI's which were checked and found to be fine. I also tried them through software and hardware DVD players.

Am I missing a CODEC for MPG-2 that I am unaware of?

HELP!!!

Minion  2002-08-02 21:57:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem probably is that the audio format in your divx files is not supported in Tmpgenc, wav format is the best to encode with tmpgenc so you will need to extract the audio from your divx/avi file with "virtual dub" to a wav files then use the wav file for your audio source in tmpgenc....

Request - SVCD-subtitles No.25962
Axe P.  2002-08-02 20:52:41 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I thougt that in a future version maybe there could be an option to add selectable subtitles to a SVCD-file. Just an idea i had because those very few programs that can actually do that is in early versions and not working properly or to advanced to use. Hope it will come...

Axe P.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.