Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 46 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TVMW5 BBS Add support for XAVC Intra and Long GOP codecs Ilya Spektor 0 2015-01-27 14:13:05
Question TVMW5 BBS 10 bit support mathew lisett 4 2015-04-04 21:09:39
Question TAW5 BBS Multi Angle/Seamless Branching support? medialex 1 2015-05-13 12:03:33
Question TVMW5 BBS Adding a watermark to videos ggo 2 2015-01-31 14:42:05
Question TVMW5 BBS Support of XAVC Long GOP codec Ilya Spektor 0 2015-01-23 05:01:35
Question TAW5 BBS Minimum Menu Structure Legolad 2 2015-02-19 13:58:12
Bug report TMSR4 the specified file could not be recognized as a TS of PGMX file Deckard51 0 2015-01-16 17:03:45
Request TVMW5 BBS User Determines the Number of Threads Thranduilion 0 2015-01-14 17:16:39
Question TVMW5 BBS TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 release date? Dutchman 1 2015-01-17 00:06:28
Question TVMW5 BBS Interlace or progressive Nevena Popova 3 2015-02-10 23:48:55
Question TAW5 BBS Remote Menu Button Mike 1 2015-01-03 07:45:56
Question TMSR4 HEV1 Support Tom 0 2015-01-01 09:39:38

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 46 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Request - TVMW5 BBS - Add support for XAVC Intra and Long GOP codecs No.69497
Ilya Spektor  2015-01-27 14:13:05 ( ID:vmg56j4uvka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded sample footage encoded with XAVC Long GOP codec (in MXF container) and tried to add it to the Video Mastering Works 5 project. Unfortunately, it can't be done...
Please, add the support of both XAVC Intra , and XAVC Long GOP codec, which are used in professional camcorders.

Thanks.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - 10 bit support No.69486
mathew lisett  2015-01-27 12:44:11 ( ID:emul5xj.btn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

said this on another thread but felt it better to also start it on the software im currently using.

Yeah, i just "complained" that they dont have something like or just the avi 10bit that sony vegas and adobe have for rendering. and i did the complaint because its NEEDED when you use noise filters to avoid the chroma banding.

also they really do need to add support for 10bit videos for import aswell as its a royal pain in the rear having to render 10 bit into 8 bit just for the software to work with it

George  2015-03-10 07:27:17 ( ID:gizj1inbaql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably happening in the next v6 version, already out in Japan.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/ja/product/tvmw6.html

mathew lisett  2015-03-19 11:27:38 ( ID:ku8vfjrw1qg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

seems they have linited it to x264 output and you also still cant import 10bit

George  2015-04-04 21:03:49 ( ID:gizj1inbaql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Really? That's really bad news. From a quick look there I thought otherwise. I'd say that would a total flop move.

George  2015-04-04 21:09:39 ( ID:gizj1inbaql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Took another look and I think you are wrong. I see both H264 and H265 at the output format options and also Main10/High10 profiles (10-bit).

http://tinyurl.com/kh2bple (translated in English)

Question - TAW5 BBS - Multi Angle/Seamless Branching support? No.69482
medialex  2015-01-25 19:42:24 ( ID:1gj.dju8yv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everybody,

facing a great new project, I have to look for the right DVD authoring software, but I do not know if TMPGEnc can fulfill my needs. Maybe one of you can help, but let me first describe what I am going to do.

I have five videos of identical length (about 15-20 minutes) shot in XAVC-S and synced with the implemented timecode. Every video has been shot in a different location of a race track and therefore has its own (I mean different) soundtrack. Now I would like to create a DVD/Blu-ray that allows the client to switch between all those videos in real time while chasing his favourite race driver along the track by hitting the "Multi" button on its DVD player.

The question is if TMPGEnc can handle such an effect that differs from "regular" Multi Angle because of different soundtracks? Or do I have to look for another authoring software? I will be thankful for every kind of help.

Kind regards

medialex

Smith  2015-05-13 12:03:33 ( ID:3eyrvx7vvhg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As for DVD authoring program, you may give Digiber burner http://www.digiber.com,It is all in one and simple to use so I've stuck with it, accepts everyting as input and burn to disc.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Adding a watermark to videos No.69474
ggo  2015-01-23 05:16:04 ( ID:llbwl//mf42 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I am using VMW5 for a year now and I know how to add a watermark to a video in timeline mode.

But, I need to do around 1500 video's, all with the same Watermark, all with the same output format. (We can assume the input format is also all the same, but might differ from the output format).

Is there any way, and if yes, what is the best way to achieve this with VMW5 ?

tkrave  2015-01-28 09:22:05 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ouch, 1500 videos might be difficult. I can't think of an automated way to do it.

When I have multiple videos, I usually put them in the same timeline, each on their own layer. The watermark layer stays at the top and is always visible (and must be adjusted to the length of the selected video layer), then I only make one video layer visible at a time and output.

You can make an output template and once it is selected, it will remain selected for the project until you change it, so you can go back to the edit screen and select a different layer for output, then go directly to the Encode stage and rename the output file.

The difference, of course, is that I'm usually only working with 2-3 videos, so it's not a hassle. I can't imagine doing that for 1500 videos.

Hopefully in the future, they will make a watermark filter (instead of us having to use a layer in timeline mode); that way, you'd be able to use the Normal mode's "output all videos as a separate file" output option.

mathew lisett  2015-01-31 14:42:05 ( ID:g58q1yr5jln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the way i cans ee it happening is in sections ie collective groups of planned output.

you add all the files in each single group into the timeline, select batch and select the watermark, then on the output select multiple files since its the same output and do it that way. and then save that project file and continue doing the same thing for each different output setting. when ready, open the batch encoder and load all the project files and run it

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Support of XAVC Long GOP codec No.69473
Ilya Spektor  2015-01-23 05:01:35 ( ID:vmg56j4uvka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am going to buy a camcorder, which uses the professional XAVC Long GOP codec in MXF container (Sony PXW-X70). Is it supported by Video Mastering Works 5? If not, will it do it in the future version? In the meantime, I am using files from my Sony RX-10 camera encoded with the consumer version of that codec (XAVC-S) in MP4 container, they are supported by VMW 5, and I am happy with the result.

Thanks.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Minimum Menu Structure No.69470
Legolad  2015-01-19 01:56:55 ( ID:q26rymh0ahn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey folks,

I have a pretty simple question that I'm hoping you can answer.
What is the minimum menu structure allowed by TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5?

I am creating a Blu-Ray disc for a film director client. The structure we both want is very simple (see below), but I can't seem to find an application that allows for it.

Thanks all,
Legolad

Here's what I've already done:
1. I searched this forum for "default menu" and "minimum menu", but found no answer.
2. I downloaded the trial version and tried to build what I want, but none of the templates I've tried so far (4 of them) allow me to get the structure I need.
3. I found the "Bluray Global Menu Settings" which has a tab that allows me to show/hide certain elements, but without being able to move subtitles to the main menu, I'm a little stumped.

It looks promising, certainly better than PowerDirector and DVD Architect. I just can't tell if I can do what I want.

MENU STRUCTURE I'D LIKE TO BUILD:

Screen 1: Default screen when playing the disc
- Background image already includes the title of the film so we don't need a label for the film title.
- Button 1: [Play Film - 再生] - plays the film from the beginning.
- Button 2: [Scenes - チャプター] - navigates to Screen 2 (Scene Page A).
- Label 1: English Subtitles
- Button 3: On - turns on English subtitles - selected by default
- Button 4: Off - turns off English subtitles for current play session

Screen 2: Scene Page A
- Same Background Image as Screen 1
- 4 Thumbnail buttons: leading to chapters 1-4 of the film
- 2 navigation buttons: Home, Next

Screen 3: Scene Page B
- 4 Thumbnail buttons: leading to chapters 5-8 of the film
- 3 navigation buttons: Home, Next, Previous

Screen 4: Scene Page C
- 4 Thumbnail buttons: leading to chapters 9-12 of the film
- 3 navigation buttons: Home, Next, Previous

Screen 5: Scene Page D
- 2 Thumbnail buttons: leading to chapters 13-14 of the film
- 2 navigation buttons: Home, Previous

That's it. Very simple. Is this possible in TAW5?

SIDE NOTE: Some Terminology Questions
If you know this or can point me to a good explanation, I would really appreciate it.

I found some of the menu terminology a little confusing. I started reading the Help file for this, but it was not clear. I wish it provided plain English definitions of each term with examples. Perhaps I just missed it in my quick read-through.

1. Functional difference between Title Page, Top Menu, Track Menu
2. Difference between Track and Chapter
3. Difference between a "unique page" and a "separate page" for the audio and subtitle selectors

dp  2015-02-11 23:18:08 ( ID:hrkfsnutyvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The minimum menu structure is NONE - it plays the video when inserted.

What you want sounds like a typical structure that can be built (although I've not had to work with subtitles)

One thing about AW, it works a bit differently from other authoring software I've used in that you select the menu structure and then delete (or disable) the parts you do not intend to use rather than add the things you want to include.

tkrave  2015-02-19 13:58:12 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Legolad,
The structure you want to do is mostly possible if you only have one track. The only thing that would be slightly different is the subtitle buttons. TAW5 makes a separate menu page for subtitles (and audio streams), so instead of having the buttons on the top menu, you'd instead have a "Subtitles" button that goes to a subtitles page where you can then select your subtitles. And yes, you can make English the default subtitle stream.

For your situation, I'd select the Track Menu Only option and include a Title page. The title page will act as your Top Menu and it has buttons to play the track, go to the chapters, and go to the subtitles page.

Title page - Kind of a simpler top menu with buttons for playing all tracks, go to chapters, etc. I don't use it much, but if you only have one track, it could make for a better top menu as in your situation.
Top Menu - The main menu; this is a pretty universal term used by everyone.
Track menu - Basically the chapter menu; also has the subtitle/audio button(s) for that particular track.

Bug report - TMSR4 - the specified file could not be recognized as a TS of PGMX file No.69465
Deckard51  2015-01-16 17:03:45 ( ID:s69jffiswoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to report a problem with the acceptance of the .TS files generated / recorded in Atemio Nemesis tuner:
http://www.atemio.de/index.php/en/hdtv-receiver/terrestrial-dvb-s-t2/nemesis-en
Each file recorded in the receiver is without errors, accepted and properly recognized by other
video editing programs (VideoReDo, DVR-Studio HD 3 ... etc), but TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4
and TMPGEnc Video Mastering and Works 5 software do not accept these files. In each case, when I'm trying to load file the I receive following message: "The Specified file could not be recognized as a TS of PGMX file"
In my opinion TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 is the best program and I would still use it but the current situation before I can start processing files I have to load the example to the DVR-Studio HD 3, make a copy of the .TS and only after this operation TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 accepts such files.
If you like to I can send a sample file to let you examine the problem.
If this is correctable I would appreciate an update at the next TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 build.

Request - TVMW5 BBS - User Determines the Number of Threads No.69459
Thranduilion  2015-01-14 17:16:39 ( ID:21cjhqscpiw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc MASTERING WORKS 5 offers the choice of whether or not to use multi-threaded encoding but it's an all-or-nothing affair. On my i7 quad core, TMW5 uses 36 threads to encode an AVC(x264) video, which degrades the quality (I've done frame-by-frame comparisons) significantly more than, say, 4 threads would.

Could users have more control over this?

Also, x264 sets the "slices" minimum to 1; I'd rather use 0.

These two issues are THE deciding factors regarding my choice of encoder. If I need a small file size (and want it to finish encoding while I'm still young...-ish), then I really can't abide using 36 threads to encode a single-sliced video.

Other than those two issues, I'd pretty much marry the software. Both options are doable in the x264 engine itself, just not in TMPGEnc Mastering Works 5.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Thaddeus

Question - TVMW5 BBS - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 release date? No.69450
Dutchman  2015-01-12 19:45:29 ( ID:rf7jsgs8dfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am anxious to know when TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 might be released. Do any members here have any insight?

smartfinder77  Home )  2015-01-17 00:06:28 ( ID:vugg8vbzeal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is better to wait for a more mature product.
In Japan are the world's best beta tester.

2015.1.16 / Ver.6.0.2.10 (Rev.3).
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/ja/download/tvmw6_rireki.html

I have HD Transcoding card "SpursEngine" PxVC1100.
Unfortunately not supported by TVMW6 only 64bit

Currently supported SpursEngine (TVMW5 "yes" - TAW5 "yes")
Previously supported SpursEngine (MovieStyle "yes" - TMPGE4 "yes")

I hope Toshiba manufactures a SpursEngine-2 card with support accelerations H265 and Pegasys-inc place your Plug-in accordingly.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Interlace or progressive No.69447
Nevena Popova  2015-01-11 17:00:23 ( ID:8ndjdte6vnn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to ask you i have a video which is says display format progressive scan,but when i insert and encode it automatically is giving me interlace output.I can change it to progressive ,but i was wondering professional DVD are interlaced.Can someone give me an idea what should i choose.
Thank you

tkrave  2015-01-14 05:40:51 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are outputting as DVD-Video, then it has to be interlaced according to DVD-Video specifications, unless you are doing VCD resolutions. That might be why it is automatically changing it to interlace.

Persen  2015-02-07 19:49:24 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't have to output DVD video as being Interlaced, you can choose Progressive if you want to, if you want to completely avoid interlacing errors during playback.
The modern DVD and Blu-ray players of today don't care, they play Progressive scanned DVDs with out problems.
Have done this with several DVDs, because the source material had very bad interlacing errors.

benoitvm  2015-02-10 23:48:55 ( ID:iycpwrfd3yk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been producing progressive PAL DVDs since quite some time now, and nobody complained so far :)
The mean reason was to save quality on very long theater play recordings (gains was twofold: first during shoot where 25p give 6dB headroom over 50i -important for low-light plays- and second, during encoding as progressive is more efficient compression-wise than interlaced.
I have encoded up to 2h45m on a 4.7 GB DVD (as low as 3.5 Mbps VBR very good quality !)

Question - TAW5 BBS - Remote Menu Button No.69248
Mike  2015-01-03 04:45:28 ( ID:vnyxahokv2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm building a DVD with 2 tracks. A first play track and track 1. Track 1 has three menus with a total of 15 chapters. My question is can a user return back to the previous menu they were just on by pressing the menu button on their remote control? It always defaults back to Menu 1. Not good. Thanks.

Mike  2015-01-03 07:45:56 ( ID:vnyxahokv2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I figured it out. During the menu creation wizard you have to check >When playing a DVD, you can go back to the menu by pressing the "menu" button on your DVD remote. Checking this option will make the DVD player go to the menu associated with the current title/chapter you were viewing.
I thought I checked it but I guess not.

Question - TMSR4 - HEV1 Support No.69139
Tom  2015-01-01 09:39:38 ( ID:w0heoc2iyxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will support be coming for HEV1 / H.265 in TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 or will it require say an upgrade to the next (new) version of mpeg rendering software.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.