Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 53 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW5 BBS Move chapter keyframe easily ? benoitm 1 2014-06-20 03:22:36
Question TAW5 BBS Import .PSD or other image DiViD 1 2014-06-17 06:04:44
Free talk TPXC PGMX support on iOS and Android ? telemental 2 2014-07-24 22:26:37
Free talk TPXC Upcoming brand new product TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR Development team 1 2021-10-03 11:15:33
Free talk TPXP Enjoy Your Life. Carefree. TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER is Available NOW! Development team 2 2014-06-20 23:05:14
Question TVMW5 BBS Timeline Editor-using existing .mkv file? Mike999 1 2014-06-07 12:03:46
Question TE25 Some mp4s and flvs appear slanted and B&W when opened Monkeyboy5000 0 2014-06-05 06:03:51
Question TVMW5 BBS nvidia Maxwell support Alkermes 4 2015-12-18 16:59:10
Question TE25 remove audio joe skimmer 0 2014-05-30 20:01:58
Question TAW4 Authoring BD and INFO final create video DAVE 1 2014-05-22 07:31:36
Question TVMW5 BBS Encoding don't start profa 2 2015-01-27 13:25:23
Question TVMW5 BBS Converting from VOB to MPEG-2 pattyvalencia 2 2014-06-26 11:51:29

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 53 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW5 BBS - Move chapter keyframe easily ? No.68519
benoitm  2014-06-16 21:13:07 ( ID:3ze2vdkhebf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2 versions of a video where the chapters are identical, but with slight variations in the exact keyframe position. I have created all chapters in the first video & would like to import the chapter list into the second, then adjust each chapter slightly to their correct position.
I have found easy no way to do this:
1) I could "nudge" the chapters to be moved, frame-by-frame using the chapter context menu option "Move to previous/next frame", but this is slow as I have to move the chapter by several seconds (tens/hundreds of frames) and there is no keyboard shortcut for this operation
2) faster but still tedious with tens of chapters:
create a new chapter at the correct position, copy/paste the existing chapter name to the newly created one, then delete the old chapter.

Am I missing a faster/easier way ?

tkrave  2014-06-20 03:22:36 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm pretty sure there's an option to specify a timecode; that's probably the easiest way.

Just note the timecode where the chapter mark should be, then open the chaptering tool and specify the timecode to insert a chapter point.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Import .PSD or other image No.68518
DiViD  2014-06-15 17:58:46 ( ID:0fkpyumvfcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello I bought the product recently, on Windows XP when I imported files. PSD or other images were 1:1! Now that I switched to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit when I import that files. Can be seen at low resolution, despite the menu I select Blu Ray 16/9 HD and the files are HD 1920x1080
why? ?_?
Thk Dave

DiViD  2014-06-17 06:04:44 ( ID:cyojhto6cir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can try to reinstall TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4! surprise.... when import PSD file is perfect! ican't believe no lose resolution, it's a bug of 5?

Free talk - TPXC - PGMX support on iOS and Android ? No.68515
telemental  2014-06-15 00:32:14 ( ID:8cncxxd2tgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trialed and find the creator as easy as our old DVD creator was - fantastic product. Will the TMPG player be ported to mobile devices, tablets soon?

Dale Rodda  2014-07-08 02:14:33 ( ID:an.g1i4syd. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think that making the PGMX player into a app for Android and ios would make it more fantastic than it already is. Instead of only being able to play your creations on your computer but also on yours smartphone or tablet would really rock!

benoitm  2014-07-24 22:26:37 ( ID:.grmxvocd5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love TMPGEnc products, but I am afraid this one is dead-end unless the free players comes very soon to iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux, and gets support from online players and video sharing sites like Vimeo etc.
Until then....let's wait !

Free talk - TPXC - Upcoming brand new product TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR No.68514
Development team  2014-06-13 14:10:17 ( ID:2h/531v3iln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Upcoming release of the brand-new TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR software.
The download version will be released on 6/17/2014.

----------------------------------------------------
One File Includes Video, Menus, Slideshows, Subtitles and Audio - No Physical Media Required!
Introducing PGMX, a next generation original Pegasys file format that can store menu, video data and more in a single file. Create DVD / Blu-ray styled navigation menus, add a photo slideshow, subtitles, multiple audio streams and more without the limitations of physical media discs. TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR allows you to do it all with an easy to use interface that allows you to create custom menus or use pre-made templates. Smart rendering (lossless editing) and support for many types of video files make it easy to start creating PGMX files.

What Is the PGMX Format?
PGMX is short for Pegasys Multimedia Box. Developed by Pegasys, it can store both menu and video content into a single file (.pgmx / .mkv). The video stream is H.264/AVC, and since the file does not depend on physical media such as DVD and Blu-ray discs, it is not limited to certain video characteristics. For example, you can use MP4 video from you smart phone which typically may not be DVD or Blu-ray compliant, or you can even use videos in 4K resolution (4096×2304). PGMX files give you the freedom to keep your videos at a quality level and resolution of your choosing.

PGMX files can also utilize a navigational menu system that can link to multiple videos within the file. Since both the menu and videos are combined into one file, there is no complex folder structure like those found in the DVD-Video and Blu-ray formats. Having everything in just one file makes it easy to use, copy and transport.

For PGMX file playback, we've also released TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER, a dedicated PGMX player that is FREE to download! It is equipped with many features that makes it easy to play PGMX files or organize your PGMX library.

Main features

- Combine video clips, menus, audio/subtitle streams and slideshows in one, simple file.
- Native input support for the latest file formats such as H.264 stream FLV, MOV, and WebM.
- Edit video clips with the cut-editing tool.
- Create menus in as little as 5 seconds with the Menu Wizard.
- Create slideshows of your digital photos.
- Add professional-looking transition effects.
- Create custom menu items to create a truly unique menu.
- MPEG-2 TS file analysis helps import mixed resolution multi-stream files.
- Utilizes the x264 video encoder.
- Smart rendering (lossless editing) for compliant formats.
- Add and edit up to 8 subtitle streams.
- Add and edit up to 4 audio streams.
- Intel® Media SDK and NVIDIA(R) CUDA(TM) support for H.264 decoding and encoding.

For more details, see the product page here:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tpxc.html

TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR Preview Trial Download
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tpxc.html

Earl_J (MauiBoy)  2021-10-03 11:15:33 ( ID:xzqei/ynkpg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Aloha all y'all. . .
It's been 7 years now, how about some serious in-depth tutorials for creator?
I appreciate the robot-narration and simple design building; however, how about a bit more serious approach to building one's own menus with text-only buttons...
It appears that all buttons are image/text... the simple Help document really isn't much help.
My apologies, I'm not a programmer of coder... just an old man trying to build a few memorials on a flash drive for friends, family, and followers...
... lil' help here, please...
Born on Valley Isle,
Home now, North Carolina;
Aloha y'all. . .

Until that time. . .

Free talk - TPXP - Enjoy Your Life. Carefree. TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER is Available NOW! No.68513
Development team  2014-06-13 14:09:15 ( ID:2h/531v3iln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Enjoy PGMX Files - No Optical Media or Drive Required.

TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER is software for playing PGMX files that stores multiple video clips, menus and chapters all in one file.

What Is the PGMX Format?
PGMX is short for Pegasys Multimedia Box. Developed by Pegasys, it can store both menu and video content into a single file (.pgmx / .mkv). The video stream is H.264/AVC, and since the file does not depend on physical media such as DVD and Blu-ray discs, it is not limited to certain video characteristics. For example, you can use MP4 video from you smart phone which typically may not be DVD or Blu-ray compliant, or you can even use videos in 4K resolution (4096×2304). PGMX files give you the freedom to keep your videos at a quality level and resolution of your choosing.

PGMX files can also utilize a navigational menu system that can link to multiple videos within the file. Since both the menu and videos are combined into one file, there is no complex folder structure like those found in the DVD-Video and Blu-ray formats. Having everything in just one file makes it easy to use, copy and transport.

For more details, see the product page here:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tpxp.html

TMPGEnc PGMX PLAYER Download Now. It's Free!
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tpxp.html

Klaus-Rüdiger Bärwald  Home )  2014-06-17 22:01:22 ( ID:/frrvq/nvec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This player is for Windows - will you provide players for other Op Sys?

Klaus

WillBellJr  2014-06-20 23:05:14 ( ID:qslqspl9juc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like the concept of a "smart" media format; something similar to DVD/Blueray where you can have menus and >especially chapters<!

For training videos, chapters are a boon to being able to easily restart a section, and/or just jump directly to where you want to start off in the video. Excellent idea!

I've just installed the trial to give it a go, but before starting I'll voice my opinions, and more importantly, what I need out of a "smart video format" >and smart video format player< before I get started using it.

Hopefully, at least for the player, these features are already in there.

For my opinions, I applaud you in trying to come up with a video format that has dvd/blueray like capabilities, however for WIDE adoption, I feel these days, people want to watch their videos on their LARGE TVs, not just on their computer screen!

I know when I create my MP4 videos or download a video off say YouTube, I'll IMMEDIATELY add it to my >Plex video catalog< so I can then go into the living room and watch it on my >Roku or Blueray player<.

I can play MKVs on the Roku, WD TV and Plex but I don't believe the chapters (subtitles?) would carry over in that format?

With that being said, I feel it would be great if you could create Roku (or Plex?) player that would allow these PGMX videos to be viewed on large screen TVs (with chapters and subtitles still available.)

With that accomplished, I feel this new video format will take off with the masses!

People could author their GoPro and other videos to PGMX format with menus and chapters, and then be able to play them on their Rokus and Plex players etc., great stuff!

Finally for the PGMX player, I'm >hoping< there's >slow motion< capabilities?

I briefly tried playing back the sample video and jumping between chapters was great but there are times where I also need to slow down a portion of a video while watching, AND coming from players like "The KMPlayer", it'd be great to also be able to set >multiple Loop Points< where the player will continually play a the particular looped section it is within when the looping mode is turned on. (It'd be great to allow defining multiple looped sections while playing as well. Being able to save the loop regions would be absolute wonderful as well!)

So again I APPLAUD you for this bold idea for a new video format, I'd just also like to see the PGMX Player also have bold playback capabilities as well, to keep up with the high-end norm for present day video players.

Thanks for reading and your consideration.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Timeline Editor-using existing .mkv file? No.68509
Mike999  2014-06-06 16:48:25 ( ID:aqgwqmtzn5o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Up front: I am a newbie, I am using TMPGEnc Video Mastering 5 (latest version) since yesterday.

1) I have created a .mkv from a part of DVD.
That went fine - playback is fine, including subtitles, etc.

2) Whilst being on the [Encode] tab and TMPGEnc Video Mastering nót being closed, so immediately after the point of the produced .mkv file, I would like to switch to Timeline Editor.

From the Encode-tab I click on the [Edit]-tab and then on TimeLine button.
I get a kind of warning :

'
You cannot return to the Normal mode when you go in Timeline mode.
Do you really want to go in timeline mode?
'

I click on [Yes]

Questions: under timeline [edit]-tab
the thumbnail of the video displayed in the timeline-bar, is that the _existing_ .mkv file?
(the one I created in the first step)

Or
is it the 'source' that I have used -before- I created the 1st .mkv file?
Meaning to say: when I do changes in the timeline, in this case, then these are changes to an existing .mkv file?

If so, when editing an existing .mkv file and when encoding (again..), I assume this will result in a decrease of quaility?

Thank you
=

tkrave  2014-06-07 12:03:46 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is the same project session that created the mkv file, then the files in the Edit stage are your source files from the DVD. The outputted file will never replace the source files.

It will only be the mkv file in the Edit stage if you started a new project and used the mkv file as a source.

Question - TE25 - Some mp4s and flvs appear slanted and B&W when opened No.68507
Monkeyboy5000  2014-06-05 06:03:51 ( ID:c7zt0g49vxh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I open some MP4's and FLV's, they appear black and white and diagonally slanted. Am I missing a codec? Is there any fix that anyone knows?

THANKS!

Question - TVMW5 BBS - nvidia Maxwell support No.68495
Alkermes  2014-05-31 21:50:20 ( ID:l8l.we3au/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

I have installed a new nvidia GTX 750 Ti (instead GTX 650 Ti).

Recoding a video file with GTX 650 Ti the GPU usage is about 25/30%, but recoding the same video file (with same output setings) with GTX 750 Ti the GPU usage is about 90/95%...

Regards, Alkermes.

tkrave  2014-06-05 05:44:14 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the issue? Don't you want higher GPU usage?

In any case, there was a new update a few days ago which fixes an issue with Maxwell optimization.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw5_rireki.html

Alkermes  2014-06-05 07:23:25 ( ID:l8l.we3au/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tkrave, you are right ;-)

1- Why for the same work there much difference between 2 video cards?. This is not normal.
2- I can not to use batch encode with several video files using GTX 750 because the performance is very low (>90% GPU usage only one video file) compared to GTX 650 (less GPU usage).

For example encoding (CUDA decode and encode) with GTX 750, 3 identical video files at same time in batch encode tool. Time about 12 minutes. Encoding only 1 video file take about 4 minutes. Not diference between encode 3 or 1 file at same time.
Encoding with GTX 650 the same 3 identical video files in batch encode tool is about 7 minutes...

The fact, now to use stardar decoder + CUDA encoder is faster than to use CUDA decoder + CUDA encoder.

The problem may be the nvidia drivers, I dont know.

Edit: New Tmpgenc version 5.5.0.105 fix an error occurred when optimizing the CUDA acceleration on a "Maxwell" core GPU (i.e. GTX 750).

Install the new version and the high GPU usage and encoding times are the same.

Regards, Alkermes.

Alkermes  2014-08-03 02:12:08 ( ID:l8l.we3au/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again.

I updated to the latest nvidia drivers (340.52) and now I can not encode with CUDA in TMPGEnc VMW (Video Encoder tab do not show CUDA option).

I have found this coment in nvidia forums about this issue:

"What has been removed since 340.43 is the NVCUVENC which is the old CUDA-based video encoder API. Its replacement is the NVENC API but is only available for 600-series and later GPUs."

It is possible that the problem of nvidia Maxwell performance in TMPGEnc is the use of NVCUVENC API...

Then, Tmpgenc team should change from NVCUENC API to NVENC API in future versions ;-)

Rubberduck  2015-12-18 16:59:10 ( ID:tly/ocp4a8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Fine. But how do we solve this issue? So far nothing has been done by TMPGEnc to get rid off this annoying problem.

I want to use CUDA because the standard encoder are far too slow.

Question - TE25 - remove audio No.68494
joe skimmer  2014-05-30 20:01:58 ( ID:xlhio4czur2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

as i mix and cobble various vids with the "free" version, is there a way to delete the audio portions? the idea being to add a sound track later.

Question - TAW4 - Authoring BD and INFO final create video No.68481
DAVE  2014-05-20 04:35:20 ( ID:pk.cpqhyeol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello! I have 2 important questions, in this days try this product, is good but
There are options for BD authoring without recoding and it does directly 1:1?
I have created: intro+movie+trailer, after authoring this becomes a single file!
normally in the any BD structure are separated this 3 videos.
there is an option that allows me to have them all and 3 separated?

tkrave  2014-05-22 07:31:36 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you putting them in separate tracks, or in the same track?

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Encoding don't start No.68475
profa  2014-05-16 15:46:02 ( ID:jy3mhcwu.0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After editing a clip, I am trying to encode file in wmv. However, it just gives me a status "preparing output", and keeps that way, encoding never starts. I installed new K-Lite codec pack, and Windows Media Encoder, as suggested in Help, but still no use. Also, tried in other formats, same thing happens. Any ideas?

Persen  2014-05-21 05:24:11 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know who it was who suggested the K-Lite codecs pack, but that package is nothing than a piece of junk collection of all sorts of useless codecs.
To avoid futher problems, i suggest that you download both Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner.
First you use Revo to remove the codecs pack entirely and when that is done, you use CCleaner to remove the rest of the garbage it has left behind in your computers registry.

In general, i don't suggest that you use WMV, that is also a piece of junk that only belongs in the past.
Encode instead to MP4 H264, much more stable, much more support by all media players, plus you can play a lot more with the bitrates to fit them to your need.

mathew lisett  2015-01-27 13:25:23 ( ID:emul5xj.btn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have to agree with the above user, that codec pack is junk. I use cole2k advanced codec pack with the full install

have to ask, whats your system specs and what is the reason behind wanting to use wmv

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Converting from VOB to MPEG-2 No.68468
pattyvalencia  2014-05-15 01:58:49 ( ID:velutfo1y7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a video deposition; from VOB file; to MPEG-2.

But I can't figure out how to upload additional clips.

Also, am getting Error Message: ''Unsupported File. Error: 0x80048003''.

Is there a local class I can take? I'm in Houston, Texas. I want to master this thing.

Need Help ASAP! Thank you.

PattyValenciaRealtor@yahoo.com

tkrave  2014-05-15 06:02:10 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Read the help file; it explains how to do things.

To add more clips in Timeline mode, there is an Add Clip button above the timeline. You can hover your pointer over a button to get a description.

In Normal mode, you can use the Source Wizard or Add File button on the right-hand side of the window in the Edit Stage.

For VOB files, you probably want to use the Source Wizard and select the "From a DVD, etc." option.

Not sure about the error code you're getting. You might want to contact support:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Ichigorukia  2014-06-26 11:51:29 ( ID:qjt5xw2da4c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

follow this instruction:

http://www.appgeeker.com/how-to/convert-mpeg-to-vob-mac.html

it works great on my computer.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.