Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 52 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TVMW5 BBS 10-bit encoding? Daniel 0 2014-07-21 23:56:49
Question TAW5 BBS Scalability ? vasiliy_achinsk 0 2014-07-15 10:57:49
Question TVMW5 BBS How do I make cold blue tint of vodeo clip warmer? Super666 5 2014-07-22 11:05:24
Question TAW5 BBS Background Image Problems RAB78 1 2014-07-16 08:50:03
Question TPXC Prerequisite for the popularity of the format PGMX vasiliy_achinsk 1 2016-09-15 15:54:08
Question TAW5 BBS HD Camcorder to DVD - Looks like low framerate jrburke99 1 2014-07-02 01:12:58
Question TPXC Can't return in MENU Nick 1 2016-09-15 15:49:42
Question TAW4 Can TAW 4 open TDA 1.6 tda files? Davey 2 2014-08-20 23:19:43
Question TAW5 BBS Crashes every time Paul Johnson 1 2014-06-26 21:36:24
Question TVMW5 BBS Playback issue on IPad with IOS 7 / 8 CBeyz 1 2014-07-29 03:55:08
Question TPXC Some Questions about TMPGEnc PGMX Creator... MichaelR 6 2021-10-03 04:49:03
Question TVMW5 BBS Insert audio file. Kris 2 2014-06-21 06:49:17

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 52 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TVMW5 BBS - 10-bit encoding? No.68570
Daniel  2014-07-21 23:56:49 ( ID:fxgsopp38pl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I'd like to ask if you could please add the possibility to create 10-bit encodes with the x264 encoder. 10-bit encodes can help to save space and also to reduce banding compared to regular 8-bit x264 encodes. This is especially important when encoding animes.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Scalability ? No.68561
vasiliy_achinsk  2014-07-15 10:57:49 ( ID:wh5vdufcamc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2 personal computers. Bad: 1 4-core CPU Core I7, 64G RAM. Not bad: 4 32-core CPU Xeon, 1T RAM. Creating a different duration of BD of only 2 times. What's the matter ? This Windows or TMPGEnc ?

Question - TVMW5 BBS - How do I make cold blue tint of vodeo clip warmer? No.68560
Super666  2014-07-15 10:28:47 ( ID:wkgyo5q35ch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seeking advice on how to use TMPGEnc VMW5 to change tint of 45 min MKV video clips from a cold blue tint to a warmer more yellow tint and possibly make it a bit sharper while keeping a similar small file size (250 MB or slightly larger)

The video clips are 45 min MKV approx 250 MB.
I am not strong on video formats but Freemake indicates that the specs of the clips are:

H264 720x576 16x9 365 kbps 25 fps Sound AAC 48 kHz 365 kbps Stereo
H264 720x404 16x9 369 kbps 25 fps Sound AAC 48 kHz 369 kbps Stereo

Appreciate steps to do this with TMPGEnc VMW5.
The clips load OK into TMPGEnc but I ahve no idea what to do and how to control output file size.

Thank you.

tkrave  2014-07-16 08:32:15 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For changing the tint, you will probably need to use a color correction filter on your video. Go to the Edit stage and double-click your clip to open the editing window. Go to the Filter tab and click on the color correction filter, then adjust the color until it is suitable to your tastes.

As for output, size will depend on the format and bitrate among other things. I suggest using the same format as the source file, H.264, and you can probably use the same bitrates as well.

Super666  2014-07-16 13:04:59 ( ID:wkgyo5q35ch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks tk for these tips.
Works well.

Another question:
How do I queue and process a number of video clips and edit them with the same color correction settings without joining them together?

Thanks again.

tkrave  2014-07-17 04:05:26 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can save your filter settings as a template, then apply them to other clips.

You can also set a filter template as your default filter settings, so that when you start a new project, any clips added will have that filter setting applied automatically. You can change the default filter template in the preferences.

Firewire60  2014-07-18 09:39:21 ( ID:wkgyo5q35ch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for tips tk.
Can you give the keystroke steps to save a template of a file colour edit and how to queue and automatically progressively process a number of similar files applying the saved template. What is the batch tab and how do you use it?

tkrave  2014-07-22 11:05:24 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Thanks for tips tk.
>Can you give the keystroke steps to save a template of a file colour edit and how to queue and automatically progressively process a number of similar files applying the saved template. What is the batch tab and how do you use it?

- In the Filter tab of the cut editing window, set up your filter settings as you want.
- Click on "Save the template" (or Alt + S) to save your filter settings as a filter template file.
- After saving the file, leave the cut editing window by clicking the "OK" button. Remember where you saved your file!
- The best way to apply a filter template to multiple files is to set it as the default filter setting. Do this by going to Options-->Preferences-->Clip editing-->Clip default settings. Under "Default filter template," select your filter template file and click "OK" to exit the preferences.
- Now start a new project (in Normal Mode) and add all of the video clips you'd like to apply the filters to. Once your clips are added, the filters are applied automatically thanks to the default filter settings you just set.
- In the Format stage, for "File output mode", select "Output each clip as a separate file".
- Go the Encode stage and click on the "Encode" button to output the clips to the selected folder.

You can also do this in Timeline mode, just put each clip on a separate layer and output each layer separately.
To output a single layer, click on the "S" button for the layer you want to output. This makes it so all other layers are invisible.
Then select your format and go to the Encode stage and use the "Add Batch" button to use the Batch Tool instead of the "Export" button to save time.

The Batch Tool allows you to add multiple outputs to the batch list and then output them one after the other. This way, you don't have to wait around for an output to finish before outputting another file; it just goes to the next one automatically.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Background Image Problems No.68551
RAB78  2014-07-07 02:17:20 ( ID:77jp5mmypzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying out the trial of TMPEnc AW5 and i was wondering if it's possible to move the background image after scaling it?
Also when i check the aspect ratio box, scaling is limited to the AR of the image and does not fit the AR of the menu.
I've also noticed that after editing the background and clicking 'OK', the image resolution is very low creating a very pixelated image. Is this only apparent on the preview or will it look like that after the render?
Many thanks!

tkrave  2014-07-16 08:50:03 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot move the background image, unfortunately. It would be nice to be able to move it and also move it beyond the boundaries of menu.
However, you CAN add a "picture menu item" and you can scale and move that around freely, and it can be moved to the "back" of the page thus acting as the background image. Unfortunately, this also cannot be moved beyond the bounds of the menu page.

The aspect ratio checkbox is meant to do exactly what you describe; keep the aspect ratio of the background image.
For best results, create (or crop) your image to the aspect ratio of the menu.

What is the original resolution of the source image? If it is pixelated, it may be a lower resolution than your menu.

Question - TPXC - Prerequisite for the popularity of the format PGMX No.68548
vasiliy_achinsk  2014-07-02 11:37:55 ( ID:wh5vdufcamc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My professional opinion: any video format becomes popular only after the standard Windows Media Pleer supported this format. Question: do you know whether this support and when? (I am buy Creator only after fulfillment of this condition)

Ades  2016-09-15 15:54:08 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the same way bro, hopefully someday but who knows?
cheers

Question - TAW5 BBS - HD Camcorder to DVD - Looks like low framerate No.68540
jrburke99  2014-06-27 06:02:45 ( ID:enk/koxoun2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am importing files from my HD camcorder. I am not at home right now, so I have no exact details. I believe they are MP4 files? I bring them directly into Authoring Works, create an NTSC DVD project, I don't mess with any settings, just create the titles and a menu. The output DVD (dual-layer) when played on my PS3 (upscaling) on my HD TV, looks like the framerate is low. I wouldn't call it choppy, it just looks like it is running at a very steady, but LOW framerate. I have made multiple DVDs of home movies, and they all look the same. Original, store bought DVD movies look great. I even have a couple movie DVDs that I had ripped and compressed (not with Authoring Works), and they all look fine. So I figure it is an issue converting the video from the HD camcorder format to the DVD format. Anybody else have these issues, or know how to fix them? Do I need to convert to SD first using another process or program? Thank you!

don  2014-07-02 01:12:58 ( ID:hrkfsnutyvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the video (frame rate and interlaced or progressive)? MP4 can be any of several different formats.

What camcorder did you use to record the video?

Question - TPXC - Can't return in MENU No.68539
Nick  2014-06-27 00:17:37 ( ID:sghsrpce9fa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't return in Menu after playing last track. Again playback first track

Ades  2016-09-15 15:49:42 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
on Global menu settings > General tag > Track playback end action >
check if you choose "Display Track menu" or "Display Top menu" then check at the Simulation stage.
cheers

Question - TAW4 - Can TAW 4 open TDA 1.6 tda files? No.68534
Davey  2014-06-26 10:23:14 ( ID:oehyrhpgir2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a question. Moving up from XP to Win7, my old DVD Author 1.6 isn't working much any more (been a champ for years), so I'm looking at TAW 4. Took a couple of my old .tda projects to a friend's house to try his copy, and his TAW 4 wouldn't open them ("this isn't a TAW 4 project" or the like).

I've got a ton of templates that I use for DVD authoring, and given TAW's weird UI I'd be hesitant about having to re-create them all. Is there any way to persuade TAW 4 to open my original 1.6 .tda files?

Thanks!

Davey

tkrave  2014-07-01 06:16:45 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW4 isn't sold anymore, so you won't be able to buy it, even if there was a workaround.

The current version, TAW5, can only open project files from TAW5, TAW4, and TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.

Johnny  2014-08-20 23:19:43 ( ID:6/da4qxhka. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I could help you out here. You need an older version of TMPG DVD Authoring. Email me and I will try to help you out. johnxxiii@centrum.cz

Question - TAW5 BBS - Crashes every time No.68533
Paul Johnson  2014-06-26 06:46:02 ( ID:hgpatrwuk2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently updated from version 3 to version 5. Now everytime I load the program and try to do anything it crashes. Running windows 7 - latest everything.

George  2014-06-26 21:36:24 ( ID:lsk7calqe8h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have both installed at the same time? Try uninstalling everything and reinstall the latest version (release a few days ago), otherwise you should contact support directly for the crashes.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Playback issue on IPad with IOS 7 / 8 No.68531
CBeyz  2014-06-23 16:12:32 ( ID:dyuhg8neud. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear community,

I have a problem with content in h.264 (x264, mp4) via HLS on IPads (and IPhones) with IOS 7 and 8. The first 10-15 seconds of the video are freezed, but it seems on the first frame of the second TS package. The sound plays perfectly.
For the HLS segmenting, a wowza server is used.

So I changed every possible setting in TMPGenc 5 (x264), I tried to be as close to Apples requirements as possible. I tried the built - in - Presets of TMPGenc but with no success either.

What could be ruled out are errors with wowza, as h264 files from other encoders are working fine.

Intel SDK and CUDA produce random successful files, with no logical pattern - but they are no option due to quality issues. We use MPEG2 and M2TS as source files.

What we analyzed is:

- x264 from TMPGenc produces h264 files with a slightly different structure (SPS+PPS+IDR) than other encoders.
- x264 from TMPGenc exceeds the VBV buffer all the time

Do you also have encountered such a problem? Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Best,

CB

smartfinder77  Home )  2014-07-29 03:55:08 ( ID:vugg8vbzeal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to correct the problem with "TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4",

Download iPhone · iPad · Android (tvmw5e)
http://blog.elearning.co.jp/archives/25211.php

Discuss the results.

Question - TPXC - Some Questions about TMPGEnc PGMX Creator... No.68528
MichaelR  2014-06-22 14:08:50 ( ID:rgrrirpq.ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First I have to say, I like this idea to have everything in just a single file. I tried your software and it makes a very good first-impression.
Nevertheless, I have some questions about it.

What I heard is - I'm no expert - that MP4 is better in compressing videos, so I understand that you choose this format, but since nowadays videos are mostly in the MPEG-format and so to me it would have made sense to me, to allow both formats coexist inside a .pgmx-container.
So it would be possible to export some videos to DVD/BluRay without reencoding.
In the current way it would need a double-reencoding (MPEG->MP4->MPEG).

Are there any devices, like e.g. DVD-Player, TVs, which can handle .pgmx-files or can we expect some to come in the near future?

After I created a .pgmx-file, can I export certain .mp4-videos from it to the outside-world? I didn't find such a possibility in the software.

In the FAQ I read, menu's can't be imported from a DVD.
But it would be quite useful to be able to create a DVD from a given .pgmx-file. So it would be no additional effort to give away some video-files to someone who is not so much into PCs.

Some additional questions about the license:
On how many of my computers can I install TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR with one license?
If not on all, What if a computer I installed it gets defect?
Is this the license policy for all TMPGEnc-products?
Are there other important, but not yet available, features, which are planned for free-updates for v1.x?

smartfinder77  Home )  2014-06-22 15:46:45 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR it's not RatDVD

NEW FORMAT PRESENTATION MULTIMEDIA & MENU:
PGMX=MKV+METADATA (MENU+STREAMS A/V H264+AAC) "MKV COMPATIBLE"

OLD FORMAT DVD TRANSPORT VIRTUAL ISO
RATDVD=VIRTUAL_ISO + ARRAY_DATA (MENU+STREAMS A/V DIVX+AC3) "FROM DVD"

ME BE IN FUTURE PGMX2 INTRODUCING X265+AAC FOR REDUCING 50% FINAL SIZE
TRANSFORMER DVD OR BLURAY GO AND BACK FORMAT

George  2014-06-23 00:37:30 ( ID:lsk7calqe8h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree that the PGMX idea is very good. However, I don't see how it can achieve widespread success since it's missing two very important features:

1. Cannot import directly an existing DVD menu and apply it to the PGMX file, as MichaelR already said. That's what anyone would expect from such a file format.

2. PGMX files playback restricted to Pegasys's own player. I doubt anyone will switch over from their favourite software player just for PGMX files. A Directshow filter/codec should have been made available to allow PGMX playback on the most common and loved software players.

tkrave  2014-06-24 07:34:57 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>So it would be possible to export some videos to DVD/BluRay without reencoding.
>In the current way it would need a double-reencoding (MPEG->MP4->MPEG).

Blu-ray can use MP4 video, so as long as it's compliant, Blu-ray will be able to support it without re-encoding.

>Some additional questions about the license:
> On how many of my computers can I install TMPGEnc PGMX CREATOR with one license?
> If not on all, What if a computer I installed it gets defect?
> Is this the license policy for all TMPGEnc-products?

You can only install it on one computer at a time.
If your computer dies, just install it on anther computer; there should be no problem as long as it's been a while since the initial installation. Just don't install it on multiple computers at once.
This is pretty much the same policy on all TMPGEnc products.

MichaelR  2014-06-27 13:08:26 ( ID:rgrrirpq.ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, tkrave

>> Blu-ray can use MP4 video, so as long as it's compliant, Blu-ray will be able to support it without re-encoding.

Ah. Didn't know (or forgot it).

Have you perhaps found a way to export embedded MP4-files out of a pgmx-structure?

tkrave  2014-07-01 06:07:54 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, exporting from a PGMX file will be the tough part. But I think they are going to add PGMX support to TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5, as they just added support to MPEG Smart Renderer 4. That will be one way to turn it into a Blu-ray or DVD...it might end up being the only way.

Earl_J (MauiBoy)  2021-10-03 04:49:03 ( ID:xzqei/ynkpg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Aloha all y'all...
CREATOR has been around for 7 years...
I can find only two video tutorials - one with automated narration and one silent movie tutorial from the silent-movie-era, it appears.
I'd like to make a video myself - except I downloaded the trial late FRI night and just bought the retail version this morning... so I am not so much of any sort of expert with it at the moment.
In my pea-brain logic region, I think of a DVD with menus much like a book with chapters... the Top Menu shows the chapters from which you select one to get to a specific chapter... and that chapter location gives you specific points in that chapter (according to the action/significance/sequence of that chapter in the story as determined by the author).
How would PGMX be described? How would I approach building a story-line from a random-access point of view which can be accessed without any guide from the author? Is it possible? Is it even worthwhile?
Thanks for any feedback on my pondering...
and thanks for any links to any... ANY tutorials.
Born on Valley Isle,
Home now, North Carolina;
Aloha y'all. . .

Until that time. . .

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Insert audio file. No.68521
Kris  2014-06-17 17:50:04 ( ID:azypjnzdmfn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to insert an audiofile in a video.
Can this be done and how do I do?

tkrave  2014-06-20 03:25:16 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are editing in normal mode, from the Edit stage, double click on your clip to open the clip editing window, then go to the Clip Properties tab. From there you can specify a different audio source.

If you just want to overlay another audio file on top of existing audio, you should edit in Timeline mode.
Create a new layer and add the audio file to that layer.

Kris  2014-06-21 06:49:17 ( ID:azypjnzdmfn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much.
I will try yhis.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.