Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 119 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TVMW5 BBS Templates for Apple TV, iPad HD sas123 0 2011-03-27 02:32:21
Question TVMW5 BBS Nice Try goldstar_one 2 2011-04-08 04:31:31
Question TVMW5 BBS Importing MTS Files Xcellman 0 2011-03-25 19:04:16
Question TVMW5 BBS Subtitle problem Bobo Kans 1 2011-04-07 23:30:23
Question TAW4 16:9 laptop screen: buttons out of view nabmac 1 2011-03-31 02:39:15
Request TE40 Group filter for movie mode and field order eric 0 2011-03-24 07:27:41
Bug report TE40 interlaced Quicktime reference files recognized as progressive eric 0 2011-03-24 07:22:47
Free talk TMKP My evaluation findings tslim 0 2011-03-24 04:28:04
Question TVMW5 BBS Sandy Bridge and CUDA support Etherel15 3 2011-03-29 01:17:37
Bug report TAW4 Latest AVG update and VMESys.dll VMESysBatch.dll 2percent 0 2011-03-19 15:03:04
Question TVMW5 BBS CUDA encoding for H264 no faster? Creative Control Communications Inc. 1 2011-03-26 04:13:11
Question TAW4 Access Denied error code 0x80070005 Reporter 0 2011-03-18 03:15:26

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 119 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TVMW5 BBS - Templates for Apple TV, iPad HD No.64505
sas123  2011-03-27 02:32:21 ( ID:dkd/s9dgfef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want easy to use templates for HD playback on Apple TV. Where do I get a template for that? I see some templates for iPod, etc but not for Apple TV and the one for iPad seems to be only standard quality.
Thanks,

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Nice Try No.64503
goldstar_one  2011-03-27 01:02:34 ( ID:evylihqtg3f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice try, but still doesn't come close to other products, in both speed and ease of use. Took almost 3 hours to encode an HD movie into MP4 AVC when my other video editor did the same job in 20 mins, with equal output quality, and smaller file size. Still no ATI stream support for GPU encoding

tkrave  2011-03-31 02:49:56 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So...what are these other products? Maybe people would like to try them.

ViperGeek  2011-04-08 04:31:31 ( ID:nwerjlgambo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually did a little bit of testing before purchasing, and while I have a few video encoders that work much faster or a little faster, the fastest conversions were "harsh" or overly edge-enhanced, and the smoothness of the motion wasn't up to TMPGEnc levels.

With CUDA assistance, TMPGEnc is reasonably fast and a good balance between "Do you want it fast?" and "Do you want it good?"

- Dave

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Importing MTS Files No.64498
Xcellman  2011-03-25 19:04:16 ( ID:qly5xrzvvmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used 4.0 Xpress for years. My Canon video camera creates a new clip everytime the record button is turned on and off. Some of my projects have hundreds of clips. I upgraded to Mastering Works but when I try and import a folder from DVD, BD wizard I get a MTS warning and I have to click through every clip takes 20 minutes to import all the clips. I have the "when adding several clip" option set to do not display the editing window. Anyone know how to import multipule MTS files (Canon ACVHD) files all at once? This was not a problem in 4.0 Xpress

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Subtitle problem No.64496
Bobo Kans  2011-03-25 02:07:20 ( ID:oxjgvrfvpu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, hello..
i wish to create slideshow with exif metadata as subtitle text. Everything shown in edit window is fine, but soon as i close it, it shows me Untitled under every slide (also after outputing). Thnx in advance for any advice!

Bobo Kans  2011-04-07 23:30:23 ( ID:mzvobjwvick )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, it shows "Unknown". Anybody any ideas?

Question - TAW4 - 16:9 laptop screen: buttons out of view No.64494
nabmac  2011-03-24 13:31:42 ( ID:prvaugi3rxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With a 16:9 screen on the laptop, with most of the functions the bottom half of the screen is not visible, there are no scroll-bars, and there is a "minimum" size when making the window smaller.

This means one has to count the number of tab presses to know that you are on the Ok button.

Any suggestions for getting round this problem?

tkrave  2011-03-31 02:39:15 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is your screen resolution? TAW4 requires a screen resolution of at least 1024x768. If you can increase your screen resolution, that would be the best option.

Request - TE40 - Group filter for movie mode and field order No.64493
eric  2011-03-24 07:27:41 ( ID:f.8yzuhnjzm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be nice if there was a possibility to save templates from the clip information settings and apply them to a couple of films - similar to the filter settings.

Bug report - TE40 - interlaced Quicktime reference files recognized as progressive No.64492
eric  2011-03-24 07:22:47 ( ID:f.8yzuhnjzm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a large number of mp4 files, all are interlaced and TMPG also recognizes them as interlaced. I needed to build QT reference files from these originals, each containing 2 of the original movies.
When I import these files into TMPG they get recognized as progressive.

This is a big problem since there is also no option to apply a general setting for the movie mode and field order to a couple of films like there is for the filters. We need to set this manually now for some hundred films.

Free talk - TMKP - My evaluation findings No.64491
tslim  2011-03-24 04:28:04 ( ID:c6fu8spttur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have just completed my evaluation of the product.

1. The Category function is seriously weak!
1. a) To tag a video for one or more categories, isn't something like Ctrl+Click on a category label faster then drag and drop?
1. b) It is almost useless since I can not select multiple categories and have the related items all display in the main library view. It should be possible to let me choose to display only videos from category A and/or category B and/or category C etc.
1. c) At least 3 sub levels should be allowed. Currently, only 2 levels. That makes a more sophisticated design of category tree impossible.

2. I like the TileShot creation
2. a) I find a TileShot is more effective than story thumbnail in helping me to recall what a video is. Sadly, there is no way I can relate a Tileshot to a video after I have created one, let alone a quick view of a video's TileShot from within Karma itself

Btw, the lack of 1. b) is the main reason I won't buy a license for this product.

tslim

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Sandy Bridge and CUDA support No.64482
Etherel15  2011-03-21 06:32:31 ( ID:nahnulp4l5g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was very excited to get a program that would use the power of my new intel Sandy Bridge Core i5-2500k processor, as well as the CUDA in my NVIDIA N460GTX.

I've been a faithful user of TMPGenc Xpress 4 on my old Core2 Duo and noticed that using Xpress 4 on my new comp didn't utilize all its features or cores. the new VMW5 software however advertises to be optimized for Sandy Bridge, as well as CUDA support! But it doesn't seem to capable of using these properly.

1) while encoding video (Tried 6+ formats) I NEVER go above 50% CPU usage from this process. Either it still does not support quad cores, or it does a really bad job of it (all 4 of my cores do seem to share the load evenly, they're all only about 50% usage).

2) Even after turning all the CUDA preferences to on, doing the optimization, and restarting the program multiple times, as well as setting my MPEG encoders to CUDA, while encoding I only see CPU=100% and CUDA=0%. My GPU shows up in the preferences, it tests it just fine, and I've selected every CUDA option available--it just won't use it.

I was really hoping on using my new tech to make my video editing 5x faster, but at the moment its only marginally faster, am I doing something wrong? How do I get my full potential out of this $100 peice of software! Thanks

tkrave  2011-03-22 02:53:40 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) What is your CPU priority? Set it to the highest level. Are you using any other programs on your computer while encoding?

2) Are you using the MPEG-4 AVC format for output and selecting "CUDA" for the video encoder?

Likewise, for Sandy Bridge, you will need to select the MPEG-4 AVC format in the Format stage and select "Intel Media SDK" as the video encoder.

Etherel15  2011-03-22 15:19:04 ( ID:nahnulp4l5g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) While in foreground Highest, on background its on normal. There are no other programs using resources while I ran my tests. My CPU was usually around 50% to 60% max overall for my entire computer while running TMPG. There was easily at least 40% of my CPU that was just idle. I've made sure all my settings (both on the BIOS and in Windows) are for high performance, allowing 100% CPU usage (so in otherwords, not throttled by something silly like power management). the processing power is there, its just not being used for some odd reason. I can start more programs, and they will start using up that extra CPU, but I can't get TMPG to utilize it past about 50%.

2)Yup. Within preferences under the CPU-->NVidia CUDA I have Enable and Use CUDA, and I have my GPU selected, and have done performance optimization. In Mpeg-->Mpeg Video Decoder, I have selected Cuda Hardware option for all of them. (and have tested mpeg4 using the intel media SDK standard--no CPU difference). While actually in a project, having selected MPEG formats, I make sure to select CUDA under the "Video Encoder" drop list. Am I missing any other areas that I need to select/configure CUDA in??

Thanks for showing some helpful stuff though tkrave. Got any other suggestions maybe?

donp  2011-03-29 01:17:37 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any chance that you are I/O limited by your disk drive read/write speed?

Bug report - TAW4 - Latest AVG update and VMESys.dll VMESysBatch.dll No.64478
2percent  2011-03-19 15:03:04 ( ID:wpgrzvywcw. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would just like to say that AVG started to grab the VMESys.dll and VMESysBatch.dll. I reinstalled before I realized I just needed to pull them out of quarantine.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - CUDA encoding for H264 no faster? No.64477
Creative Control Communications Inc.  2011-03-19 07:01:47 ( ID:62auos1ziuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm currently testing the Master Works 5 and was hoping for some speedup in encoding H.264 using CUDA. I have a GTX470 with the latest drivers.

When encoding with MPEG4(AVC) using the CUDA encoder (all CUDA features enabled) there is no noticeable speed increase at all. The GPU activity meter says it's running at about 5%.

Is there something I'm missing or does it just not work as advertised?

Seems very lackluster for something that should be much faster.

Diceman2037  2011-03-26 04:13:11 ( ID:n.st5sh/bnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the CUDA % listed at the bottom actually corresponds to the decoding done via the VPU, i've noticed it myself that the CUDA % never displays the encoding usage.

you can check in gpu-z, the encoding should be using a bit of the GPU usage, while decoding uses the VPU.

Question - TAW4 - Access Denied error code 0x80070005 No.64476
Reporter  2011-03-18 03:15:26 ( ID:ipd.amqywxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I just bought and install this product. I select everything and pick start output. After 30 seconds i will get the error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have the anti-virus program and windows firewall turned off.

Please help!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.