Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 121 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 Retrieve menu from disk macnab 0 2011-03-08 13:44:59
Question TVMW5 BBS Importing Subtitle with MKV geneariani 8 2011-03-17 07:02:11
Bug report TE40 Cudaerror_t = 8 Dos santos J 1 2011-06-23 06:27:03
Question TE25 That MP4 question a "Question" not "request" (my mistake) beeman 0 2011-03-04 16:57:51
Request TE25 Subtitles (DirVobSub) "disappear" with MP4 & matching file (2.5 Plus) beeman 0 2011-03-04 16:54:23
Question TVMW5 BBS MKV and PS3 Server gordoncanada 1 2011-03-05 23:07:21
Question TE40 Prefetch-Cache Mr. Cutter 0 2011-03-03 18:46:47
Question TAW4 ERROR OPENING PROGRAM claudio 0 2011-03-01 17:57:41
Question TVMW5 BBS clip viewer error tbnich 3 2011-03-02 02:22:21
Question TVMW5 BBS Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active) ... (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)? ViperGeek 5 2011-04-12 21:45:10
Question TVMW5 BBS Multiple audio streams chili 1 2011-03-03 17:36:23
Question TVMW5 BBS Win 32 Hanbdles growing to > 70K bga123 1 2011-02-27 20:34:24

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 121 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - Retrieve menu from disk No.64423
macnab  2011-03-08 13:44:59 ( ID:prvaugi3rxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an authored disk. Has 5 tracks. I want to change one of them. I have long since deleted the project file. Is there any way I can retrieve the menu design from the disk?

Otherwise I have to recreate it from scratch.

Alternatively, could I author a new disk with just that track, and then rename the created files to the correct numbers (VTS_03_0.BUP, VTS_0_0.IFO, VTS_03_1.VOB) and replace them in the file set and reburn?

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Importing Subtitle with MKV No.64419
geneariani  2011-03-07 01:25:46 ( ID:xu.xauigxcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In TMPGENC Xpress 4.0 when I changed the subtitle control to FFDshow/External in Shark007 codec pacakage (similar to K-lite, Winodw 7 Codec) I was not only able to import the subtitle along with video and audio but the font size style and decoration that was embedded as attackement in MKV would be imported also.

But now that Video Mastering Works is able to import MKV directly I cannot import subtitle along with audio and video anymore. Is there anything I can do to achieve this? If not would be a great addition.

tkrave  2011-03-10 05:17:39 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may have to disable the reader that is reading the mkv file in TVMW5. After you import the mkv, go to the Clip Properties tab and there should be a listing of what file reader was used for the video and audio streams.
Once you know the file reader, go to Options-->Preferences-->Input/Output Format List-->Input Plug-ins and then uncheck that file reader.

The purpose is to get the DirectShow file reader to read the file instead of the default one and thus use your other codecs.

Modruby  2011-03-13 01:16:33 ( ID:w91xx56qcbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried unchecking the file readers as you suggested and now the mkv files are using DirectShow. But I'm still unable to get the subtitles, either on the Video Clip Properties nor the ABC filter. Any further suggestions? Thanks!

Modruby  2011-03-13 01:19:06 ( ID:w91xx56qcbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried unchecking the file readers as you suggested and now the mkv files are using DirectShow. But I'm still unable to get the subtitles, either on the Video Clip Properties nor the ABC filter. Any further suggestions? Thanks!

tkrave  2011-03-15 02:10:13 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I tried unchecking the file readers as you suggested and now the mkv files are using DirectShow. But I'm still unable to get the subtitles, either on the Video Clip Properties nor the ABC filter. Any further suggestions? Thanks!
>

Honestly, I don't know. You have to ask geneariani how he did it in 4.0 XPress.

geneariani  2011-03-15 12:10:57 ( ID:xu.xauigxcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For those who are interested of importing MKV with subtitles under TMPGENC xpress 4.0

I have installed shark codec package. I assume they are other packages and tweak tools to do the same also.

I launched Shark's application settings using "right-click" and "run as admin" (for windows Vista and above). Under the h.264 tab, on the right part, I changed "use Ms Codec" to "Use FFDshow's codec". This will allow you to import mkv into tmpgenc

Under config tab in subtitle control section I select FFDShow/External.

Exit the Shark config tool.

Now I can import MKV along with subtitle and all the styles and attachment that came with MKV

Modruby  2011-03-16 05:17:35 ( ID:w91xx56qcbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, geneariani! However, I am on an older version of Windows (5.1, service Pack 3). Are the Shark 007 codecs specifically for Windows 7 or can I use them on my older setup too?

geneariani  2011-03-17 06:55:24 ( ID:xu.xauigxcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Morruby;

according to shark codec folks Their vista pacakge is compatible with windows XP

http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html

geneariani  2011-03-17 07:02:11 ( ID:xu.xauigxcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tkrave: your suggestions worked prefectly now I can import subtitle with all style and font attachments into Video Mastering Works.

thanks

Bug report - TE40 - Cudaerror_t = 8 No.64409
Dos santos J  2011-03-04 20:23:35 ( ID:zr56m1vxy76 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Goodmorning,
When I activate CUDA on TMPGEnc, it make a optimisation, then :
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/120/cudaerror.jpg
someone already saw that?

dmoath  2011-06-23 06:27:03 ( ID:3nkozhniva6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, same happened to me, you just need to uninstall the old version and install the latest available Version 4.7.8.309

Question - TE25 - That MP4 question a "Question" not "request" (my mistake) No.64404
beeman  2011-03-04 16:57:51 ( ID:5xzfjvwte5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I posted a question about why subtitles aren't staying on with TMPGE (but are with Windows Media Player) but by mistake put it as "Request" not "Question." I cannot delete and repost it correctly because I didn't assign a password to it.

My apologies, but it IS a question.

Please, if anyone can help, please reply here on the BBS. Thank you!

Request - TE25 - Subtitles (DirVobSub) "disappear" with MP4 & matching file (2.5 Plus) No.64403
beeman  2011-03-04 16:54:23 ( ID:5xzfjvwte5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a fix for this?
I've used DirVobSub for years, but can't find a solution.
Running XP SP2.

Q:
Is there any way to get TMPGE 2.5 Plus to "turn on" (and keep on) DirVobSub when loading an MP4/h264 file with matching SRT file the way it will when it's an AVI file with matching SRT file? It keeps loading DirVobSub -- but within half a second, DirVobSub keeps disappearing with TMPGE (works fine with Windows Media Player). Here's more detail:

If I load an AVI file & matching SRT or ASS subtitle file into my TMPGE 2.5 Plus (paid verison, I purchased it a long time ago) the green arrow icon appears and dirvobsub works fine (ie: episode1.avi & episode1.srt).

The problem is now that a lot of video files are starting to be MP4 format and x264, instead of AVI (episode1.mp4 & episode1.srt).

TMPGE2.5Plus has no problems loading the MP4 format (though you have to select "ALL FILE TYPES" to even have it show). But it would ignore and not even load a matching subtitle file. Of course Windows Media Player (which couldn't play an MP4 file by itself -- this is XP I'm using) couldn't even play it at all.

So I found a codec -- x264vfw (h264/MPEG4 AVC Video For Windows codec) -- and installed it. Now the subtitles work great with the MP4 files with Windows Medial Player -- but STILL "DISAPPEAR" WITH TMPGE!

Now if I have episode1.mp4 and episode1.srt and use Windows Media Player to play the file, it will load up the Green Arrow icon for DirVobSub and show the subtitles fine.

But if I try to load the file and use TMPGE2.5Plus to turn it into an MPEG2 file, what happens is this: when I first load the file, I see the green arrow appear for about HALF A SECOND -- then instantly DISAPPEAR, and it's gone. Then if I go into, for instance, CLIP FRAME option in TMPGE, the same thing happens -- it loads the green arrow icon for a split second, then it disappears immediately -- and there are no subtitles.

The only "fix" I found to this is that I also have FFDSHOW installed, and I can use the "FORCE SUBTITLE" option on FFDSHOW (outside of DirVobSub), which does work -- but the subtitle options on FFDSHOW are limited, and for instance, you CAN'T set LEFT/RIGHT margins with the FFDSHOW Subtitle options (for long subtitle lines that go to the very edges of the screen that will inevitably be cut off on any stadard TV...) DirVobSub has easy options to make sure you can leave "space" between the first or last letter of a subtitle line and the edge so words aren't cut off. So there's a reason I want to use DirVobSub instead of FFDSHOW.

But it's the weirdest thing. Why -- when I have the codec installed now to bring it up even with an MP4 h264 file -- does DirVobSub work just fine when I used Windows Media Player -- but when using TMPGE 2.5 Plus, it brings it up only for a split second before shutting it down? No matter what I do, I can't get the green arrow icon/DirVobSub to stay on when using MP4 & matching subtitle file even though it'll stay on just playing the file with Windows Media Player, or if it's an AVI file with matching subtitle file, TMPGE works just fine.

I know this is a weird question, but it's really bugging me (especially because TMPGE *IS* starting DirVobSub for a split second -- but then as soon as the green arrow appears it immediately disappears, as does DirVobSub).

Is there any way to get TMPGE 2.5 Plus to "turn on" (and keep on) DirVobSub when loading an MP4 file with matching SRT file the way it will when it's an AVI file with matching SRT file?

Question - TVMW5 BBS - MKV and PS3 Server No.64400
gordoncanada  2011-03-04 09:46:42 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anybody been able to play MKV files converted to that format by TMPGenc Video Mastering Works? What settings did you use? I can play the converted files on my computer, but when I try to stream them to my PS3 it comes up as "corrupted data." Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks!!

plivac  2011-03-05 23:07:21 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just convert any MKV in MPEG and PS3 Server will not have trouble playing it - also make sure you have avisynth installed..
http://www.davieslim.com/ps3/guide-to-streaming-videos-with-subtitle-on-ps3-with-java-ps3-media-server/

Problem is that if your MKV has multiple subs TMPG will play the default ones and it will stutter - so just convert to MPEG and you should have no problems (except for subtitles)

Question - TE40 - Prefetch-Cache No.64398
Mr. Cutter  2011-03-03 18:46:47 ( ID:zfrpnc/xxz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I`m working with the recent release of Xpress. I have a HP Workstation Z800 with 12GB RAM and a Quadro 4000. I am using the Prefetch-Function (Multithread-Options), but the max. Video-Prefetch is 512MB. It is not possible to raise it higher, although my workstation has 12GB RAM. Is it a bug?

Question - TAW4 - ERROR OPENING PROGRAM No.64389
claudio  2011-03-01 17:57:41 ( ID:msanltc6rhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After double click on program (trial version) i see a windows whith this message:
"EACCESS VIOLATION OCCURRED - module TMPGEncAutoringWorks4Trial.exe / 0B1DAB89
AT ADDRESS 0B1DBB89, READ ERROR OCCURRED AGAINST ADDRESS 0B1DBB89" and the program stopped.
Can you help me?

Thanks.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - clip viewer error No.64381
tbnich  2011-02-28 14:54:29 ( ID:khs./ffbkyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get "error occurred....0xC00D36B2" every time I change position in
the timeline when editing or using a filter.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I have the latest release. Do not have this problem in TMPGEnc 4.0.
I am using windows 7, media player 12
I am using Avid Media Composer 5.

tkrave  2011-03-01 03:17:33 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of filters are you using? I'll see if I can replicate the error.

tbich  2011-03-01 05:03:56 ( ID:khs./ffbkyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was using the color correction filter. However I get the
same error when doing simple editing. Anytime I reposition
the playline with the mouse, I get this error.

Thinking it has something to do with windows media preview, just a guess.

tbnich  2011-03-02 02:22:21 ( ID:khs./ffbkyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was having a problem with Avid DVD where my video was upside down, so
I did some internet research and someone had suggested that DivX and ffdshow were causeing the problem because of an option selected on install. I removed
DivX and ffdshow and it seems that my issue in Mastering Works 5 has gone away.

Thanks for taking time to investigate.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active) ... (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)? No.64377
ViperGeek  2011-02-28 07:45:09 ( ID:qokmobblmxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe I have two nVIDIA CUDA-enabled video cards (GeForce 9800 GX2) and VMW5 agrees. I've got "Enable NVIDIA CUDA" and "Use CUDA for filtering" enabled. When selecting CUDA as the video encoder on the Video tab of an MPEG-4 AVC stream format, the encode goes very fast.

The only bugivation for me is the fact that the encoding status never shows CUDA processor utilization. Instead, I see:

Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active)... Pre-processing (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)

Should the CUDA= change if VMW5 is taking advantage of my GeForce 9800 GX2 video card? Is there another setting or video output I can use to see CUDA processing time?

I'm also not sure why it says "Pre-processing", but that's a question for another post.

Thanks!

- Dave

ViperGeek  2011-02-28 08:09:12 ( ID:qokmobblmxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>
>Encoding video and audio (CUDA encode active)... Pre-processing (CPU=100%, CUDA=0%)
>

I figured it out via the awesome built-in Help. Apparently you need to enabled it under Preferences... Input/output format list -> MPEG -> MPEG video decoder. Set the various MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and/or MPEG-4 AVC video decoders to "CUDA hardware" to take advantage of the extra processing power in your nVIDIA video card.

- Dave

dazombie46  2011-03-12 07:28:19 ( ID:j5.fsixzadc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thx for the tip,

this option should be fixed to prevent such mistakes!!

but now i get ---> cpu60% - cuda40% thats nice but still not good.

should be both 100 % that would be awesome:) please fix this

tkrave  2011-03-15 02:06:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>thx for the tip,
>
>this option should be fixed to prevent such mistakes!!
>
> but now i get ---> cpu60% - cuda40% thats nice but still not good.
>
>
>should be both 100 % that would be awesome:) please fix this

I don't think it means that only 60% of the CPU is being used. It means that 60% of the output process is using the CPU and 40% is using CUDA. So theoretically, 100% of the CPU could be used to process 60% of the output. Change the task priority to make sure TVMW5 is getting the most of your CPU's resources.

diceman2037  2011-03-26 04:20:12 ( ID:n.st5sh/bnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

from what i've seen, the cuda % only reacts to VPU usage during decoding, the encoding seems to be done on the gpu.

djuss  2011-04-12 21:45:10 ( ID:rr.tl75zkfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did this and still cpu 100% cuda 0% ??

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Multiple audio streams No.64372
chili  2011-02-28 00:28:50 ( ID:.b3fkmeqyzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got real excited when I saw that TPGEnc VMW 5 now supports x264. I am now learning how to use it, but I cannot figure out how to add multiple audio streams (not even 2) to an MKV. Is it possible that TMPGEnc now supports only one audio track? Thank you.

Suchy  2011-03-03 17:36:23 ( ID:illqdmv3vuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It looks like this. But you can encode into two files (http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5_new.html#mkv):
1. MKV file with video and first audio track
2. AAC/MP4 file with second audio track only

And later mux them together with free software MKVToolnix.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Win 32 Hanbdles growing to > 70K No.64363
bga123  2011-02-26 11:54:06 ( ID:jibxywan2v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When running an encode of multiple files that takes multiple hours I am getting alerts from monitoring software that I have installed warning me that process TMPGEncVMW5.exe is consuming increasing number of handles that it is not releasing. The growth continues even after the encode is completed if you don't exit the program. is this a bug? I'm running windows 7 64-bit and 5.02.22 version of TMPGEnc.

Marty56  2011-02-27 20:34:24 ( ID:l9wwgstcjdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try v 32. I had that same issue and I think the problem is gone now.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.