Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 123 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 sound prompt sumo420 0 2011-02-22 05:51:26
Bug report TVMW5 BBS converting microsoft tv file to mpeg-2 (ps) rjophoto 2 2011-02-24 01:42:25
Question TE25 Command Line - How to? Mister Smith 0 2011-02-20 20:49:40
Question TVMW5 BBS "M2TS extention cant be opened as is" error Anthony 2 2011-02-23 21:51:05
Question TVMW5 BBS 2-pass CUDA encoding? rjophoto 1 2011-02-23 22:05:31
Question TVMW5 BBS Workaround for DTS import? ViperGeek 1 2011-02-23 05:51:33
Question TVMW5 BBS Video Mastering Works 5 lotton34 2 2011-02-23 05:49:01
Question TVMW5 BBS Persistent system crashes vkoulich 4 2011-02-19 09:30:10
Question TVMW5 BBS bluray setting for h.264 andreas 3 2011-02-24 08:45:31
Question TVMW5 BBS Mpeg2 4:2:2 support v0n 0 2011-02-12 04:19:15
Question TVMW5 BBS 64 bit? Ryan OConnor 2 2012-01-04 08:59:27
Question TVMW5 BBS Error with Win7: Program cannot start...CustomMemory.spd missing crfkosinsj 6 2018-05-12 02:35:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 123 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - sound prompt No.64321
sumo420  2011-02-22 05:51:26 ( ID:jxrfkme1ic2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do i made TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 make a sound when burning is completed like it did in version 3.0 ?

Bug report - TVMW5 BBS - converting microsoft tv file to mpeg-2 (ps) No.64320
rjophoto  2011-02-21 02:01:35 ( ID:afjk6ujjlhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when using the source wizard and selecting a tv-recorded file to convert to MPEG-2 PS, when the conversion process starts and the re-multiplexing window pops up, it immediately says 100% but then hangs there for several minutes, still converting. the conversion still works in the end, but sometimes I'm not sure if it's still working or if the app simply crashed

tkrave  2011-02-23 04:13:16 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've noticed that as well. So far, it's never crashed on me, just had to wait for it.

rjophoto  2011-02-24 01:42:25 ( ID:afjk6ujjlhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

same here

Question - TE25 - Command Line - How to? No.64319
Mister Smith  2011-02-20 20:49:40 ( ID:srgld7dupof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

is there a way to use TMPGEnc with line commands?

I need an automatic routine to demux mpg files. I just need the mp3-stream. Because I want to create a command routine in foobar2000 the demuxing is just one step of many, so I need to tell the MPEG Tools to demux by command line , but how?

Can anybody help please, best with a link to line commands...?
Thanks

Question - TVMW5 BBS - "M2TS extention cant be opened as is" error No.64318
Anthony  Home )  2011-02-20 18:06:22 ( ID:zrz5dylhfmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi There.
This is my first post on the forum:

Please can you help us. We have just purchased your software in order to import our HD 1920x 1080 50i footage from a SONY AVCHD camcorder and convert the input file to a PAL 16:9 standard definition file, so that we can edit it and mix it in a Final Cut Pro timeline with other standard definition footage also shot 16:9.

When we select the avchd clip in order to input it we get the following meesage for every clip:

"Files with a “M2TS” extension cannot be opened ‘as is’. We recommend you use the Source Wizard’s DVD/BD importation functions

Do you want to open the file anyway?"

When you have 400 clips this becomes very challenging. We have tried using the Source Wizard to import but we get the exact same message. Please help us.

Please can you also reccommend the best way/ settings for us to accomplish our goal of converting the input 1920 x 1080 (16:9)footage to PAL DV 720x576 (16:9)so that we can mix with the other cameras, and so that we dont have to re-render the footage in the final cut pro timeline?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Kind regards
Anthony

tkrave  2011-02-23 06:11:57 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should submit your question using their official support form, because this forum is just users helping users.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

There doesn't seem to be any way to bypass the message, but you can skip using the source wizard and just drag n' drop your files into the program.

As for DV output, you might need to use the AVI output format and use a DV codec that fits your needs.

Namename  2011-02-23 21:51:05 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you used the source wizard, you'd never skip the message because of the fact that your file seems not to be connected with the structures such as Stream folder, Playlist and Clif inf so on. so you should choose the file or folder as is recorded structure, in this case you'll never see such message or at least once when you D&D the file. However you talked about the files not being included AVCHD or BDMV folder, there's no way, its surely lemon.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - 2-pass CUDA encoding? No.64317
rjophoto  2011-02-20 05:05:54 ( ID:afjk6ujjlhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

any plans to include an option for a 2-pass encode using CUDA encoding? looks like 2-pass is only available for x264 right now.

thanks

Namename  2011-02-23 22:05:31 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

It's technical difficulty of doing so on such hard devices like as Geforce, AMD and QSV, and more speaking, this products uses native Nvidia Encoder, so it depends on it whether it's possible.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Workaround for DTS import? No.64315
ViperGeek  2011-02-20 03:38:39 ( ID:qokmobblmxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm this > < close to purchasing VMW5, especially with the latest updates and bug fixes, but I have to figure out *some* way of importing DTS audio.

Is there some trick, filter, plug-in, add-on, or pre-processing I can do to allow VMW5 to accept my DTS-HD Master Audio input sources (MKV files, for example)?

- Dave

tkrave  2011-02-23 05:51:33 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the only way is to convert the DTS audio to another format before bringing it into TVMW5.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Video Mastering Works 5 No.64308
lotton34  2011-02-19 07:05:47 ( ID:i8rb12gvcu2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am in desperate need of some help. I was given this website as a place to go as I was told this software was easy to use. I went ahead and downloaded the free trial version so I could test it out before I buy it, but I do not think all the key features are in the trial version. Can someone tell me if there is a tutorial on the Video Web Mastering 5 that I can view? Basically I need this software to accomplish the following things for me - editing the film by removing lots of unwanted footage, highlight my son before the play starts by a light or arrow, have a title page in the dvd before the footage starts, adding cool music to the tape, and touching up sections of the tape that might be a bit blurry and divide each play into its own key frame.

I am frantically trying to do a video highlight football tape for my son's game highlights. There is a serious amount of this that needs to be trashed as I am only pulling out certain plays. I also want to "showcase" him in a way such as an arrow or a ring around him or a spot light around him. Will this software do this? I have purchased many softwares in the past as the store clerk assured me it would do it, and it ended up being way way to difficult and I ended up returning the software.

I am not a computer genius but I do know my way around a computer so if anyone could offer me guidance or help it would be greatly appreciated as I have a deadline to have this tape finished and I was hoping with all the rave reviews I have heard about this, this one would be the one.

heckydog  2011-02-19 09:38:40 ( ID:vrv1dqnvbkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think what you want is a video editing program where you can add menus, titles, and special effects.

Windows comes with a free one, Windows Movie Maker. It's pretty basic and I have never used it so I can't tell you if it does all you need. I use Pinnacle Studio and Adobe Premiere Pro but there are other consumer level programs. Sony and Adobe both make good ones too.

You mention touching up sections that might be a bit blurry. If they are out of focus you won't be able to sharpen them well enough to be worth looking at.

With any of these programs there will be a learning curve so if you need a polished video by next week it's not going to happen. :-)

Joe

tkrave  2011-02-23 05:49:01 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

lotton34: You can do most of what you want to do with this software, but you will not be able to make DVD menus and burn it to DVD with this software.

What Video Mastering Works 5 can do:
- cut out unwanted footage
- overlay an arrow pointing to your son (though you'll need to create or find an arrow graphic that is on a transparent background); you can also animate/move the arrow along with your son if the camera or your son is moving.
- or if you prefer, you can use the Mask filter to highlight your son. The mask can be moved to follow your son.
- I believe you can add/overlay music in the timeline editing mode.
- touch up sections of video (there are filters for sharpening); the smart sharpen and contour filters seem to work best in my opinion.
- add key frames (these can be translated to chapter points in authoring programs)

What it can't do:
- create a title page in the dvd
- create/burn a dvd

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Persistent system crashes No.64285
vkoulich  2011-02-14 23:54:18 ( ID:fp/p9/zkxo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After installing Mastering Works 5, each time I'm trying to encode some file the tool persistently crashes my system (total system crash requiring reboot).

Now the same happens even if I try to use Xpress 4.0. Also jobs that worked fine before are crashing the system now (even small ones).

The crashes are not associated with particular part of the encoding process or the input file. The problem don't seem to have anything at all with input/output files, locations, formats etc (probably memory allocation/usage or some low level intrinsics).

Similar experiences anyone?
Any ideas?

heckydog  2011-02-18 12:00:12 ( ID:vrv1dqnvbkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had the same ongoing problem with v4 and I am now trying out the trial version of v5 and it does the same thing.

Random crashes while running. Not getting a BSOD, the computer just resets. Does not happen every time I run the program but right now it's the ONLY program that crashes my computer.

To say I'm not impressed with v5 right now would be an understatement. I was looking forward to being able to encode mkv files. But I'm not going to pay for an upgrade when it does this. If I'm going to randomly crash I might as well do it with something that's already paid for.

And slightly OT, what is in version 4 that they have not put in version 5? I'm assuming they left something out, otherwise why would they have the option to keep both v4 and v5 for $80 or just upgrade to v5 for $60. Anyone know?

my system specs: W7 Pro, i7-920 quad, 12GB OCZ RAM, ATi Radeon HD4870 1GB

tkrave  2011-02-19 03:55:15 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>And slightly OT, what is in version 4 that they have not put in version 5? I'm assuming they left something out, otherwise why would they have the option to keep both v4 and v5 for $80 or just upgrade to v5 for $60. Anyone know?
>
>my system specs: W7 Pro, i7-920 quad, 12GB OCZ RAM, ATi Radeon HD4870 1GB
>

I think a lot of people may still want to use the older version even when there's a newer version. It doesn't mean that there is something they left out.

Some people don't like the fact that they wouldn't be able to use their older version once they upgrade. I think I've seen some complaints about that on here before.

tkrave  2011-02-19 03:56:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, what version of TVMW5 are you using? There was an update yesterday and it might solve the issues you're having.

Revision history:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw5_rireki.html

heckydog  2011-02-19 09:30:10 ( ID:vrv1dqnvbkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>By the way, what version of TVMW5 are you using? There was an update yesterday and it might solve the issues you're having.
>
>Revision history:
>http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw5_rireki.html

Don't know about the OP but I am still testing the trial version, 5.0.2.22. Have 6 days left on that. I'll install the newest update and go from there.

Thanks for the heads up on the update. It never would have occurred to me that they would have an update out so quickly.

And I'll probably go with the $80 update ;-) for $20, what the heck but I still want to run it through it's paces first.

Joe

Question - TVMW5 BBS - bluray setting for h.264 No.64283
andreas  2011-02-14 19:04:13 ( ID:9bsexh/4q8m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is setting for h.264 bluray encoding?

tkrave  2011-02-15 08:08:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/Downloadablefile/BD-ROM_Audio_Visual_Application_Format_Specifications-18780.pdf

Jump to page 20 and look at the chart for Primary Video Streams.

Namename  Home )  2011-02-23 22:29:24 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please refer to this page.
http://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/home

tkrave  2011-02-24 08:45:31 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice! That's even more useful.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Mpeg2 4:2:2 support No.64274
v0n  2011-02-12 04:19:15 ( ID:y36rgen3j.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys. In my industry, we mostly work with high bitrate master files - mpeg2, program stream, 50Mbps CBR, 4:2:2 profile, high level, TFF, I frames only with LPCM audio. It is usually referred to as the "50i", as is, for better or worse, one of the standards used across broadcast industry.
Most of your competitor software support it - MainConcept Reference can do it, Episode can do it, ProCoder can do it, Premiere and Sorenson almost can do it (LPCM support is patchy affair). However, Tmpgenc - the software I would like to use the most, for its speed, filters and precision, gradually moved further and further from support for mastering profiles with each release:

In tmpgenc 2.5 Plus, HP@HL, HP@HL-1440 with 4:2:2 colorimetry and 4:2:2@HL was possible, but 2.5 Plus is refusing to mux LPCM audio with mpeg2 video and thus it couldn't create valid files for us.

Xpress 4 and now Video Mastering Works 5 can mux LPCM audio with high bitrate mpeg2 video, but only support Main profiles with 4:2:0 colorimetry.

So my question is - will High profiles and 4:2:2 colorimetry for mpeg2 encoding will ever return and be supported by Tmpegenc software again?

Question - TVMW5 BBS - 64 bit? No.64270
Ryan OConnor  2011-02-11 09:38:35 ( ID:afjk6ujjlhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

any plans for a 64-bit version of TVMW5?

gordoncanada  2011-02-12 02:37:42 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please explain to the slower ones of us why a 64 bit version would be worth it. 64 bit is able to use more memory, but would it be faster or something?
Thanks

Alkermes  2012-01-04 08:59:27 ( ID:l8l.we3au/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Gordoncanada, do you need any more reason? ;-)

I have 24GB of RAM and I have too much 32bits software...

Regards, Alkermes.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Error with Win7: Program cannot start...CustomMemory.spd missing No.64266
crfkosinsj  2011-02-11 02:19:35 ( ID:z/7eczq3jvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I launch VMW5 (using Win7 x64 Enterprise) I get a system error specifically stating "The program can't start because CustomMemory.spd is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." When I click OK, I am able to load and use the program. Also, if I run using Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, this error does not appear at all and the program runs as expected.

Any ideas?

crfkosinsj  2011-02-11 02:21:47 ( ID:z/7eczq3jvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, I did try a reinstall and had the same result.

avtech  2011-02-16 05:48:47 ( ID:8h6t/yayizo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had the same issue.

crfkosinsj  2011-02-17 23:24:54 ( ID:z/7eczq3jvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other note to add, when I run in XP SP2 Compatibility mode, the error popup does not occur.

Englyst  2012-03-14 16:31:38 ( ID:phl5gsurtba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same issue with Video Works 5 and now also with Authoring Works 5 :( Any solution to this?

Darkman  2012-11-14 02:07:08 ( ID:1ew3yv2w8dl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have installed Speed Edit by NewTek,
in 'C:\Program Files\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\' or 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\SpeedEDIT'
you can find CustomMemory.spd file and the rest of 34 files that you need to launch TMPGenc VMW5:

AnimatedVariables.Spd
AssetManagement.Spd
ColorChooser.Spd
CPUDetect.Spd
CustomMemory.spd
CutCopyPaste.Spd
DesktopLaunch.spd
DetailsView.Spd
Devices.AudioVideo.Base.dll
EditPopup.Spd
FileManagement.Spd
FrameWork.Base.dll
FrameWork.Bitmaps.x86.dll
FrameWork.Threads.x86.dll
FreeImage.x86.dll
GraphicsEffects.Spd
ipl.dll
iplpx.dll
NewTek_Framework.spd
nt_tools.dll
Preferences.Spd
proof.dll
RenderTree.Spd
RenderTreeHD.Spd
RTVLib2.Spd
TimeCode_FileAccess.Spd
ToasterTranslations.spd
VideoEditor_Data.Spd
VideoEditor_RenderAPI.Spd
VidRegistration.spd
vtfx.dll
VTNTAPI.spd
WindowsMediaLib.Spd
WindowsMediaUtilities.Spd
YUVLib.Spd

If You don't have Speed Edit, try to search c:\ for CustomMemory.spd file.

Wayne  Home )  2018-05-12 02:35:20 ( ID:yu.zcgefc22 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Darkman,

I have SpeedEdit. Knowing that the missing files are in the SpeedEdit folder, it doesn't tell how TMPGEnc is going to find or see them??

How do I tell TMPGEnc where the files are? Am I to copy/paste somewhere?
Is there an option in TMPGEnc where I can change default folders on loadup??

What do I do with the information you provided us??

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.