Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 298 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 TDA - When will new version be out ? jcl 0 2005-01-14 03:16:47
Question TDA1 TDA slower than ulead to write DVD folders to HDD jcl 2 2005-01-19 15:07:26
Question TE30 Pocket PC DivxVid 1 2005-01-18 02:42:13
Question TE25 Avi & audio problem Audio 3 times as long. Asylym 1 2005-01-19 15:58:08
Question TE25 Audio issues with TMPG products bleedingedge 1 2005-01-19 16:26:21
Question TE25 read error TheNine 3 2005-01-20 21:53:06
Question TE25 How to change language in latest verson of TMPGEnc? onebb 1 2005-01-11 23:50:16
Question TE30 Can Tmpenc 3.0 convert Rmvb and Rm medias Chris 1 2005-01-10 10:38:18
Question TE30 Is there a logo filter for TMGPEnc XPress? bunsen 1 2005-01-10 10:36:21
Question TME1 AC-3 concepts Russell Farley 0 2005-01-09 08:15:07
Question TE30 can tmpgenc convert dvds to vcd? blktiger 3 2005-01-19 10:56:39
Question TDA1 Does any one else have a remnant when cutting the last section of video?? Scifigurl 1 2005-01-10 10:35:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 298 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - TDA - When will new version be out ? No.49323
jcl  2005-01-14 03:16:47 ( ID:ifonso1kj/k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any idea when an improved version of TDA 1.6 will be out ?

It has a lot of potential - just needs some fine tuning.

- Chris

Question - TDA1 - TDA slower than ulead to write DVD folders to HDD No.49320
jcl  2005-01-13 20:36:49 ( ID:iiakpwt.80r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TDA 1.6, and it seems to work well, with some rough edges.

But, comparing the same project (compliant MPG, split into 4 no-motion chapters, with a one page menu), Ulead MF3 writes the DVD folders to HDD in 5.5 minutes, and TDA 1.6 takes 9.5. In both cases, the source MPG is on drive D: and the target folder is Drive F:, so the comparison is fair.

Both produce a perfect DVD when played back on a standalone or PC player.

- Chris

B_Racer  2005-01-17 11:08:50 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe Motion Menu is still activated. If so, TDA will produce a Motion Menu, even if you don't want one.

iamjcl  2005-01-19 15:07:26 ( ID:4s9mlpkb09h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Motion Menu is deactivated - and besides, the motion menu portion of the process still only takes 2 minutes on average, even when selected. Ulead is faster than TDA when Ulead is doing motion menus, and TDA is not. Faster by 3-4 minutes even this way.

- Chris

Question - TE30 - Pocket PC No.53395
DivxVid  2005-01-13 04:13:48 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anybody has the experience of converting any
files that is optimised for pocket pc using
tmpegenc xpress? What is the setting and any
template available?

Thanks

Pocket PC user  2005-01-18 02:42:13 ( ID:wutmo5rsax6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try the settings described in this FAQ:

http://www.pocketmovies.net/faq.php

Question - TE25 - Avi & audio problem Audio 3 times as long. No.42705
Asylym  2005-01-12 14:56:11 ( ID:gichnmtwl32 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I'm using Tmpgenc 3.0 Xpress and when I load the source file the video source is 1hr 43mins however the audio source is 4hrs 51mins so what I do not understand is why the audio source has quadripled in size.The length of the movie is 1hr 43mins.Can someone kindly help me with this problem.

aldaco12  2005-01-19 15:58:08 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe TMPGenc cannot well decode the audio. Load the movie with VirtualDubMod and demux the audio (Stream --> Stream list --> Demux. Then use BeSweet (+ GUI ) and convert it to MP2 (profile: MP2 for SVCD).
Then add the MP2 audio stream to the movie: open the movie with VirtuaDubMod, do Stream --> Stream list ---> Add the MP2 and --> Delete the old sound stream. Set Video___Direct Stream copy and File --> Save it (F7). After that, check the lip-sync in the new AVI: old video and the MP2 audio you made.
Now, converting this new AVI, TMPGenc should understand the sound well.

Question - TE25 - Audio issues with TMPG products No.42703
bleedingedge  2005-01-12 07:32:39 ( ID:qgapld9c3ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to use the TMMG products to encode some fansubbed anime so I can watch it on a normal DVD player and I'm having some problems. The source file is a XVid AVI file which plays fine in media player.

Using TPMGEnc 2.5 the video encodes ok but appears to be sped up and goes out of sync with the audio. (right off the subtitles about 10 seconds in don't match the audio by a second or 2) It appears way too fast, I'm guessing that it's somehow playing the video at 30 fps and the audio is still synced to a 24 fps image. (the clip is 24 fps)

Using TMPGEnc 3.0 on the same AVI file I get no sound(!). I'm not sure how TMPGEnc 2.5 can find the audio but 3.0 can't. In 3.0 if you preview the file in the clip area and show the sound it just shows a flatline.

Using TPMGEnc DVD Source creator works except that I cannot find a way to scale the video; specifically I want to shrink the video slightly to add some blank area to allow for overscan; if I don't do this then the resultant video on the tv has part of the subtitles chopped due to overscan. The option in the TMPGEnc programs that lets you play with the output video (full frame, centered, centered (custom) etc.) appears to not be in this program.

Can anyone help me out with the inconstencies with the various products? I don't really care which I get to work; I don't mind paying for the software. I just want it to actually work before I pay for it. If I use DVD Source creator (the least desirable option due to the relative lack of flexibility) then I need some way to scale the image to allow for overscan, if I use the other programs I need them to do the right thing.

The clip info is as follows: (from TMPGEnc 3.0)

Video: 33,305 frames, 23.976 fps, 23 min 9 sec 9, 640x480
Audio: 66674304 samples, 48000 Hz, 23 min 9 sec 4, 2 ch

aldaco12  2005-01-19 16:26:21 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only trick I know is:

1) load the movie with VirtualDub. Set Audio__Full processing mode and do File___Save WAV..
2) the 1+ GB (! for a 2h movie) .WAV file must be .MP2 compressed with BeSwet chosing, as profile, 'MP2 for SVCD'. Laer the .WAV can be deleted.
3) the MP2 file must be used as 'audio input' by TMPGenc instead of the default input (the AVI movie).

Question - TE25 - read error No.42699
TheNine  2005-01-12 04:25:48 ( ID:44v1vp1kqwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

everytime i load a d2v file and a wav to encode to svcd i get an error saying

Read Error Occurred at address 015E6614 of module 'dvd2avi.vfp' with 01DAFD0F

it starts to encode then shows that msg

any ideas?

thanks TheNine

aldaco12  2005-01-19 16:20:47 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No ideas. I only know that some DVD2AVI version aren't fit for TMPGenc (1.76 is said do be better). But I converted 5 DVDs to VCDs usingthe guide http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=59422 (DVD2AVI as TMPGenc frameserver) then TMPGenc started to give me a blank screen (imposibility to load D2V project). I haven't still understood why. I had to use DVD2AVI to make VOB --> AVIs (maximum Xvid/Divx codec quality, size = VOB), instead. The problem is that the AVI as no sound and the AVI is split every 2 GB. (later you'll have to do TMPGenc --> MPEG tools --> merge the pieces).
The problem is that I need a lot of HD space and that I've to load the sound separately when I, with TMPGenc, make AVI --> MPG. Multiplexing is impossible since you need to convert 48 Hz --> 44.1 Hz.
I had to
1) make a 'mute MPG' converting the DVD2AVI's 'mute AVI' with TMPGenc --> Motion Search Precision = Very Slow - Highest Quality. After the conversion, the huge AVI (Xvid/DivX maximum profile with the highest AVI quality --> praticlally 'no compression' and AVI's size like VOB's) can be deleted.
2) make a 'dummy MPG' with sound adding the mute AVI to the MP2 file (AC3 converter to MP2 with BeSweet) with Motion Search Precision = Fast - Lowest Quality,
3) make the full MPG by multiplexing the mute MPG with the dummy MPG with sound.
After that, and checking lip-sync, I can delete the mute MPG end the dummy MPG with sound.
Rather complicated, isn't it?

TheNine  2005-01-20 00:59:12 ( ID:qye3rpyeeq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yea ur right it is pretty complicated, ill have a play around with dvd2avi see if i can upgrade/or downgrade to a version that works, i've always done vob -> avi -> mpg but the size is always 2 or 3 cds

but thanks anyway ill see if i can give it a try

TheNine

ashy  2005-01-20 21:53:06 ( ID:ni6wpa2em.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That message is usually a memory stick problem.
Either you have 2 sticks which aren't compatible with each other or it is dodgy.

It could also be caused by a codec problem. If you have one of those stupid codec packs installed then you're just asking for trouble.

The version of DVD2AVI you use shouldn't really make a difference, but I have always prefered 1.76 as this gives me compatibility to use Smartripper .d2v files.
You could try raising the priority of the 'DVD2AVI project file reader' to 2 and ensure it is top of the list in the VFAPI plugins.
Also copy the DVD2AVI.vfp from the the DVD2AVI folder and paste it into your TMPG folder.

Another tip. NEVER use the highest quality setting in TMPG for encoding. It is well accepted on this board by most long term members that this setting does absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the output apart from dramatically increase the encoding time.

'Higher' will give a slight improvement in the quality.

Question - TE25 - How to change language in latest verson of TMPGEnc? No.42697
onebb  2005-01-10 21:15:08 ( ID:ypom9ywe4ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

l am using Win Me Japanese verson, how can l change it back from Japanese to English?
lf there is no way to change, how someone describe the three options to edit a mpg file?
After l choose the first option to cut out a large part of a movie, it asks me to overwrite the orginal file, but when l press yes, a error comes out that l dont know the meaning of, did l miss something?

ashy  2005-01-11 23:50:16 ( ID:hy97hbvna7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Eh..why have you got the Japanese ME if you don't understand Japanese?

Question - TE30 - Can Tmpenc 3.0 convert Rmvb and Rm medias No.53393
Chris  2005-01-10 00:45:14 ( ID:dpvwzx5i3m6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before I buy this product, I want to make sure it works.
Please reply, thanks.

B_Racer  2005-01-10 10:38:18 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a DirectShow-Filter for RM, the answer is Yes. If not, the answer is No.

In other words: Can you use Mpedia Player 6.4 for playback of RM? If not, you can't use XPress for Re-Encoding such files.

Question - TE30 - Is there a logo filter for TMGPEnc XPress? No.53391
bunsen  2005-01-09 08:34:41 ( ID:vuvew3.u7ak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there one available? User-made or otherwise.

B_Racer  2005-01-10 10:36:21 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, you have to use DeLogo, X-Logo or LogoAway in VirtualDub.

Question - TME1 - AC-3 concepts No.54325
Russell Farley  2005-01-09 08:15:07 ( ID:fbqvswrtfhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello! I'm contemplating recording Dish Network AC-3 encoded programs to DVD-Rs. Dish does transmit some movies and other programs in 5.1 multi-channel, and, if all it takes is one of their AC-3 receivers and TMPG's AC-3 encoder plug-in program to do it, then I feel like I'm missing a real opportunity, especially if I can use the same DVD-Rs on which now I'm cranking out DVD-Rs like there's no tomorrow. :>)
After countless Web searches, I still have not seen a complete "flow" of AC-3 recording to DVD. Here's the flow I "think" I understand:
Source (such as Dish Network satellite receiver with AC-3 output, capable of transmitting 5.1 audio channels "inside" 2 output channels) ---> (connected to) ATI-7500 video card (via adapter's left and right audio input RCA jacks) ---> recorded as an MPG-2 video file, with AC-3 encoding program installed on ATI MultiMedia 8.8 program --> Authored (as with TMPEG DVD Author) ---> DVD-R burner, such as Plextor 708-A. Then, remove DVD-R from PC, place in DVD-R compatible DVD player. (Here's 1 more place I'm confused): Output from DVD player's left and right audio outputs (RCA jacks) to AC-3 compatible audio receiver (or A/V, if video fed through it, too), wherein receiver decodes 2 channels into 5.1 channels (the .1 being the subwoofer). Or, must the DVD player's output be an AC-3 specific output (SPDIF, digital optical), and must the receiver's audio input be similar?
I would appreciate any help on this, and especially any links to Web site pages (in this or other forums, etc.), that explain the whole concept of recording AC-3 encoded programs. Russell Farley, Olathe, KS

Question - TE30 - can tmpgenc convert dvds to vcd? No.53387
blktiger  2005-01-09 06:00:30 ( ID:ogwdvzadkef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a bunch of vob files that i want 2 convert so that i can watch it on other stuff that cant play dvds. can tmpgenc convert the dvd files to other readable formats?

B_Racer  2005-01-10 10:39:01 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes - in most cases

aldaco12  2005-01-19 09:01:30 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the guide http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=59422 . The problem is that after some weeks DVD2AVI stopped doing for frameserver for TMPGenc. Now I need to convert VOB --> AVI (large mute AVI, maybe split into many files max 2 GB large) with DVD2AVI, extact the AC3 sound, convert AC3 --> MP2 with BeSweet and multiplex the final MPG (without sound, made by converting the 'mute' DVD2AVI AVIs (max 2 GB each) --> many mute MPGs (with TMPGenc) ---> (multiplex) 1 large (> 1 GB) and mute MPG with the 'MPG with sound' done by loading as input the large 'mute MPG' with the MP2. You can even make a dummy MPG 'with sound' using TMPGenc with Motion Search Precision = lowest auality, since you only use it for its sound (a TMPGenc run is needed to convert 48 Hz MP2 --> 44.1 Hz MP2 inside the movie; you cannot multiplex directly a 48 Hz MP2 to a MPG, Choode in File__Environmental Settings__Audio engine, Sampling frequency convertor = high quality).

aldaco12  2005-01-19 10:56:39 ( ID:h6pvwobt6n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, this was an answer for the 2.5 version. I never used XPress.

Question - TDA1 - Does any one else have a remnant when cutting the last section of video?? No.49318
Scifigurl  2005-01-09 00:01:43 ( ID:/kq.kc6gahg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone else have a remnant of the last frame of a video recording? For example, when I am cutting commercials out of a 1 hr tv program as I do the last edit of the program selecting the start point as the last frame shown of the program and end point (last frame of video) I get a remnant.

I can delete it from the chapters but the frame is still there. It's just an annoyance. Sometimes if the last section of my recording is shown as a full frame on the filmstrip view DVD Author will delete it about 50 percent of the time. Fixing this bug would be nice. I love TEMPGEnc DVD Author and use if for archiving all my tv programs recorded my tv tuner using XP Media Edition.

I use Arcsoft Showbiz to convert the tuner recordings to mpegs and archive with TGA 1.5.

Thanks,
angelbabe777us@yahoo.com

B_Racer  2005-01-10 10:35:20 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not possible to cut of a single Frame without Re-Encoding the Movie or parts of it.
Watch out for the Tool "Cuttermaran" or "Cutterman". It is able to cut of Frames by re-encoding only the GOP with the frame, not the whole movie.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.