Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 480 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TDA1 ISO Images Baz 0 2003-05-15 10:03:29
Free talk TDA1 Not worth the money Disapointed 0 2003-05-15 04:56:14
Question TE25 Merge & Cut doesn't process whole M2V file thee 1 2003-05-15 04:00:51
Question TE25 Audio plays too fast on MPEG1 Jay Volk 6 2003-05-16 21:11:13
Question TDA1 dvd author mikeacam 4 2003-05-16 13:35:06
Free talk TE25 Me Me 0 2003-05-14 14:27:19
Question TE25 Little white box on screen beerkiller 1 2003-05-14 21:22:24
Question TDA1 Audio delayed Robbie 2 2003-05-24 00:54:14
Question TE25 Crash often without a message Henrie 3 2003-05-18 22:29:19
Question TE25 Premiere files cannot be mpegged LeoPondolo 1 2003-05-14 21:14:10
Question TE25 No sound Foo 1 2003-05-14 21:12:10
Question TE25 No sound Foo 0 2003-05-14 07:24:27

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 480 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Request - TDA1 - ISO Images No.48563
Baz  2003-05-15 10:03:29 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Should be able to save to an ISO image for better burning.

Free talk - TDA1 - Not worth the money No.48562
Disapointed  2003-05-15 04:56:14 ( ID:ettmsmzmudm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice basic DVD authoring program, but without a built-in burner, it's definitely not worth the money. Ulead DVD Movie Factory blows this away, includes the ability to burn DVDs and create ISO images, and costs less.

Question - TE25 - Merge & Cut doesn't process whole M2V file No.36909
thee  2003-05-15 02:00:44 ( ID:7csuzmfhyxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since TMPGEnc won't process my M2V files after they are ripped from a DVD, I have to run them through "Merge & Cut". I think it has something to do with the header, but anyways... I've only encountered this twice, but TMPGEnc only writes half of the file. The M2V is 2 hours long, but only 1 hour is written. The last time this happened I had a 3 hour clip that was only recognized as 1.5 hours. I've been using TMPGEnc for a long time now and rarely have this problem, but yet it's still a problem. My drives are all defragged and error free and the like. It seems to be only certain files/videos. Thanks!

Minion  2003-05-15 04:00:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UMMm, the Merge and Cut is really only supposed to be for Mpeg Files(Audio and Video) and only Files that were encoded By Tmpgenc in the First Place, and you really shouldn"t Load the M2V from a DVD Directly into Tmpgenc, there are Much Better and Faster Ways of Encodeing M2v files from a DVD in Tmpgenc, and that is Useing DVD2AVI to make a Project File and frame serve the file to tmpgenc, The decoders that Tmpgenc uses aren"t particularily that Fast,the Decoder that DVD2AVI is a Better Faster Decoder, I get up to 10% faster encodeing Frameserveing from DVD2AVI than Encodeing the Mpeg file just with Tmpgenc, Plus you get Much less Freezes and Crashes and other Problems...

Question - TE25 - Audio plays too fast on MPEG1 No.36902
Jay Volk  2003-05-14 17:37:18 ( ID:vc2akjzvs/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I encoded some MPEG1 videos using TMPGENC ver 2.51. I did them at a non-standard size of 640x320. They look and sound great on all of the machines I've tried them on until today. Today they were running on a compaq running Win 2000 service pack 1. For some reason the sound and picture ran at least 25% too fast on these machines. It did remain synced, just played too fast. The playback was from CD-ROM. I later took the same CD to another computer lab and the playback was perfect.... Any thoughts on what this could be?

Thanks,

Jay

Minion  2003-05-14 21:24:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IIt is because you are Playing them from a CD-Rom, if you drag and drop the Mpeg file to your Desktop, and Play it like you would a Regular File it should play Correctly....

jayvolk  2003-05-14 21:39:59 ( ID:vc2akjzvs/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NOPE, tried that. It played fast from the hard drive as well...

jayvolk  2003-05-14 21:42:42 ( ID:vc2akjzvs/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, all of my other testing was done from CD-ROM. Our final application will be delivered on CD-ROM so I'm careful to always test on CD-ROM.

If the issue was disk speed, shouldn't it play back SLOWER from CD-ROM, not faster?

Minion  2003-05-15 03:53:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How were they After you encoded them and before you burned them???? I"m sure you watched them before you burned them?? And if you did and they Were Playing Fast then I guess you wouldn"t have burned them, So I gather the files were either OK before you burned them, in which case I can"t see it being a Tmpgenc problem, Or you didn"t watch them before burning to Disk Which means I guess you"ll Have to try again... ...

jayvolk  2003-05-16 03:01:12 ( ID:s7vybry2xsh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough...

1. I encoded them as MPEG 1's at 640x320.
2. They play great on all the Dell's I've tried them on...
(that's many, many computers)
3. I had problems playing them on the Compaqs...
4. I'm not blaming TMPGEnc for anything... I'm trying to determine what exactly is wrong. If there's something else I need to do, I want to know what it is so that I won't do it again...
5. The CD-ROM is NOT the issue... I've tested the files on the Dells I have access to from the very same CD-ROM. They play without problem.
6. Yes, it seems that it's a problem with the Compaqs... why?

Jay

Minion  2003-05-16 21:11:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Beats Me....

Question - TDA1 - dvd author No.48557
mikeacam  2003-05-14 16:13:49 ( ID:g39uhmfsrcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is sort of a multiple question.
i am trying to convert vhs (commercial movie) to dvd on single 4.7 gb disc
avi-tmpgenc-tmpgenc dvd author-dvd
best way to do this?
encode the movie with tmpgenc at exactly the 4.7 gb. best settings to do this? or encode larger file-author-then try to shrink it to 4.7 gb
tmpgenc dvd author locks up every time at 68% completed if file is larger than 4.7 gb. no matter size of file or which movie i encoded.
mikec

Borgster  2003-05-15 07:11:20 ( ID:5uhceskba7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mikeacam,

Make sure your systems harddrive has enough space (including SWAP files)and is NTFS. If that doesn't work. Make sure you capture you VHS with for example the XVID codec. (still very good quality)then to MPEG with TMPGEnc. Try the SVCD template, or DVD template, but lower your bitrate, because you can't create a better quality that VCD with a VHS capture, if you take 3000 kb/s is more than enough. Compress your audio (MP2) you will see you can fit 2 or 3 VHS tapes on one 4.7 Gb disc

Good luck,

borgster.

B_Racer  2003-05-16 10:32:10 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hehe, i'm using Win98 with FAT32! There's no need for NTFS because VirtualDub can produce segmented AVIs and TMPGEnc can load them as a complete Movie.
To Capture with a high compressing Codec is... a dump thing. It lowers the possible quality.
Maximal Filesize for DVD is 4.37 GByte. That's including Muxing-Overhead, so take care to produce smaler sizes.

Borgster  2003-05-16 13:12:43 ( ID:5uhceskba7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

B_Racer you're right!

The only point i was trying to make is that 4.7GB for one VHS tape capture
is way too much. Should be between 800 Mb and 1.5 Gb. Therefore i suggested to
capture with something like Xvid to get a good quality and low filesize.

Enabling NTFS would help, but indeed you could capture segmented avi's.

I prefer capturing (if your Processor alows you) in Mjpeg, Xvid and then frameserve to TMPG, but if you have enough HD space and your Processor is
fast enough be my guest...

Borgster.

B_Racer  2003-05-16 13:35:06 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do my Captures in MJPEG because that leaves me enough PC-Power to do Realtime-Denoising and Realtime-Resizing while capturing. So the Encoding is done very, VERY fast, even using TMPGEnc. My machine is a P4 1.9 GHz, that's fast enough to do things like that.

Free talk - TE25 - Me No.36901
Me  2003-05-14 14:27:19 ( ID:to/duktleoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Superb program. Only software out of about 20 that can do a go convert from mpg file with incorrect format to a mpeg with vcd format. Thanks for this really good software!

Question - TE25 - Little white box on screen No.36899
beerkiller  2003-05-14 11:18:57 ( ID:nfd1myz5gcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I'm using Tmpgenc for months now! I convert avi files to mpeg2 to burn DVDs that contain 2 movies..... Everything was fine until yesterday: don't understand why but a little white box is shaking on screen in my result mpeg2 files!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know how to remove this????????

Minion  2003-05-14 21:22:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This little White Box has absolutly nothing to do with Tmpgenc It is because you have installed a demo version of "Elecard Mpeg2 decoder"(Or some software that comes with this decoder), it isn"t actually in the Image it is Just displayed over top of the image by the decoder while watching the File, you will have to Delete the decoder to get rid of the Logo...

Question - TDA1 - Audio delayed No.48554
Robbie  2003-05-14 11:10:54 ( ID:jndln8sx8rl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying DVD Author and found the folloing problem. I started of with 4 MPG-1 files. The audio in the original files is perfectly in-line with the video. After adding them into a project in DVD-Author and creating a DVD there is a gap of about 2-3 seconds between audio and video. Does anyone know what could be the problem ?

Edge  2003-05-17 22:18:36 ( ID:yg5.w/6oxqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just did my first DVD from mpegs and got the same results you did. If anyone knows what is going on here I would really like to know. All of the disks I made with dvd sources worked perfectly though.

Rich  2003-05-24 00:54:14 ( ID:a4.jcfbbmuj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just got the same problem, added 8 mpg1 files on to a project, burnt it and it works fine, but the audio is out of sync.

Is this due to the audio being resampled?

Also If you sort out the menus so they can be fully editted then this will be the best authouring software out.

Rich

Question - TE25 - Crash often without a message No.36895
Henrie  2003-05-14 10:33:37 ( ID:0ue6vwhmujh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Posted this before, but did not see a reply (yet):
I have to start 5.11 several times before application really starts up.
If it is active, it often crashes and disappears without a message...
If it finally works, it works great, encoding is fine, mpeg without error, no probs at all...
System used is P4-2600 w/ XP, 512 MB mem. 120GB hdd, NTFS.

Anyone has a clue?

Minion  2003-05-14 21:19:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well It could be From Many things, What would most likely solve your Problem and what I do when I encounter Problems like this is to Re-Format your Hard drive and re-install your OS, this Usually solves all software problems, But it can take up to 6 hours to do, but it is better than Not solveing the Problem and being constantly Frustrated..I had to do this a Few days ago Cuz a Bunch of my Programs were crashing for no reason..Another thing you can try is to Use a Different version of Tmpgenc....

Henrie  2003-05-18 16:46:23 ( ID:qect9wca26g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry, but TMPGenc 2.5.11 is the only unstable program on my system. All other applications are working perfectly! It is a new system (two months old) and no other application has failed yet.
I won't go formatting my harddrive just because a trial version of TMPGenc does strange things, especially when I've seen other postings on this BBS reporting the same problem!
And by the way, IMHO it's a really bad advice to let someone reformat his drive if one has problems trying a new application. Just to see, after hours of installation, the problems stays!
Maybe I'll install a previous version, as this was the first time I ever tried TMPGenc.

Minion  2003-05-18 22:29:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey I also told you to try a Different version, It isn"t Bad advice if it solves your Problem which It Probably would have unless the Problem is within the Tmpgenc code but then EVERYONE would be haveing the same Problem(There seems to be a Crashing Problem with Multi-CPU Systems).., If Tmpgenc is Important enough to you then It would be a Good to reformat as a Last resort, what is better, to look for an answer for days and not find one and still have the Problem and not get your Video Project completed, or just reformat and then most likely fix your problem and if it doesn"t at the end of the day you haven"t lost anything..Most Tmpgenc Crashing Problems are due to System Incompatibility"s and /or conflicting codecs or just a Plain Messy System...

Question - TE25 - Premiere files cannot be mpegged No.36893
LeoPondolo  2003-05-14 08:36:17 ( ID:254as5c5fjj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have trouble in mpegging avi files coming from Adobe Premiere after I edited it and exported as Microsoft DV format. If I try to mpeg original avi file coming from camcorder capturing software I have no problem. The message tmpeg shows me is * "X:mydirmyfile.avi" can not open, or unsupported. *.
How can I fix the problem ?
Many thx to you all

Minion  2003-05-14 21:14:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this, Go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show" to "2"....

Question - TE25 - No sound No.36891
Foo  2003-05-14 07:48:20 ( ID:pdwhkj7mdkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello there, I have used the Encoder to convert AVI to VCD, Picture is ok but there is no sound. How can I solve this? Many thanks

Minion  2003-05-14 21:12:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Problem is Probably that the audio format in your AVI file is Not supported in Tmpgenc, you will need to extract the audio from your AVI file to Wav format then use the Wav file as the audio source..You can Use Virtual Dub_Mod for this...

Question - TE25 - No sound No.36890
Foo  2003-05-14 07:24:27 ( ID:pdwhkj7mdkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello there, I have used the Encoder to convert AVI to VCD, Picture is ok but there is no sound. How can I solve this? Many thanks

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.