Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 357 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Why 422P@ML profile limitations? AlanM 1 2004-03-28 10:15:53
Question TE25 AVI time (length) reported wrong by TMPGenc Ghoti 2 2004-03-28 03:23:09
Question TE25 excessive blurring regman 3 2004-03-27 10:43:36
Request TDA1 Graphic files for text Nohbdy 0 2004-03-26 04:05:12
Bug report TDA1 TDA doesn't check (at all?) for free space Nohbdy 0 2004-03-26 03:58:38
Question TE25 Converting Anamorphic Widescreen? Sakuya 3 2004-03-26 21:50:30
Bug report TDA1 Video/Audio Sync. Problem - Again dh 6 2004-03-29 22:23:34
Question TE25 Color bleed on source material Blue Hiker 1 2004-03-24 18:15:38
Question TE25 TMPGEnc unable to open its own file Al 5 2004-03-24 18:18:10
Request TDA1 Dual layer authoring!!! Sosai X 0 2004-03-23 07:24:08
Question TE25 Audio problem Darwin 3 2004-03-24 18:37:26
Question TE25 Yet another Sound Sync Problem... Ganiam 0 2004-03-23 01:37:55

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 357 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Why 422P@ML profile limitations? No.41292
AlanM  2004-03-27 18:04:17 ( ID:wszwxxdt5vo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why in 422P@ML bitrate is limited to 15 Mbit and DC component precision to 10 instead of 50 and 11 accordingly?

ashy  2004-03-28 10:15:53 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No idea, but you are right. This doesn't conform to the specs.
As you say the limits should 50 Mb/s and 11 bits.
The only way you will acheive those rates is to use 'High profile @ High level'

Question - TE25 - AVI time (length) reported wrong by TMPGenc No.41289
Ghoti  2004-03-27 02:48:44 ( ID:iiogjs.0wbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I'm having a problem with movie length.

Using the wizard, i'm prepairing a DivX AVI file that is about 24 minutes long for conversion to Mpeg. However, the "Movie Info" in the "Bitrate Settings" portion of the wizard reports that the movie is over 66 minutes long and will take upwards of 90% of a 4.7gig dvd.

I've tried changing the dvd format (cbr/vbr settings), changing the aspect ratio, and lowering the bitrate settings, but none of that seems to reduce the length of the movie to the appropriate time.

What am i not understanding about this?

Thanks in advance,
Ghoti

ashy  2004-03-27 10:46:35 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins and install this codec: http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com/ffdshow-20040325.exe

If that doesn't cure it then use the 'Source range' function to manually set the start and end points of your AVI.

Ghoti  2004-03-28 03:23:09 ( ID:iiogjs.0wbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That did it, thanks!

Question - TE25 - excessive blurring No.41285
regman  2004-03-26 10:41:59 ( ID:1em5bmeqzs6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an AMD athlon(tm)XP 2500 processor, two HDDs (120 gig & 200 gig), 512mbs of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (128mbs). I have TMPGEnc set at default settings, trying to encode from AVI to DVD format and I noticed some excessive blurring when I encode my movies....in some areas worse than others. I also had to change my XVID codec from nic's codec to a codec for AMD processors and I'm wondering if this would have anything to do with my AMD processor for the blurriness? Can somebody tell me how to get rid of this problem? I never had problems this bad like this and the movies I'm encoding are top quality AVIs (perfect picture & sound!)...and they're mostly DVDrips! Is there any adjustments or suggestions I can get from anybody about this problem so I can get better quality of videos?? I'd appreciate it very much!!

ashy  2004-03-26 21:09:31 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to explain what you mean by blurry in more detail. It could be you are talking about interlacing artifacts.
Where is this blurring most noticible?

regman  2004-03-27 01:25:38 ( ID:1em5bmeqzs6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ashy.....I mean blurry as in...the background is blurry like you don't have your glasses on-type blurry. Sometimes you can't make out what is in the background (i.e.grass,dirt,mountains,etc.)....you can't tell whether or not it's grass or a blob of light green of something!...I tend to get a bit of distortion also as in the picture....Looks like it's getting ready to fall apart at times! It's mainly in the background of some scenes and sometimes it's the WHOLE PICTURE SCENE. You just can't make out what's what at times in some scenes. Like I said Ashy, before I encode these AVI movies into DVD format they're SUPERB(meaning....NO DISTORTION OR BLURRINESS!) Please help me out Ashy or somebody out there. I'd greatly appreciate it!!

ashy  2004-03-27 10:43:36 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My first advice is to remove you e current XVID codec and install the latest FFDSHOW which can be obtained here: http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com/ffdshow-20040325.exe

Next go into the VFAPI plugins and raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 or 3.

You say you are using TMPG's default settings. Do you mean you are using the wizard and the DVD template?

What are the properties of your AVI? Is it interlaced and what's it's resolution.

Do you have any filters checked in the advanced settings?

Request - TDA1 - Graphic files for text No.49107
Nohbdy  2004-03-26 04:05:12 ( ID:9mvuas2.08h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having text in one color is often quite drab. Sometimes I want to apply a gradient, or shading, to the font I'm using.

TDA does not allow for this, and I assume it'd be quite a bit of coding to do so. Instead I would like the option to import a transparent GIF file (or somesuch) with a graphical display I've created AS the "title" or "chapter text." I know you guys have more pressing issues to deal with, but please bug a feature request for me.

Bug report - TDA1 - TDA doesn't check (at all?) for free space No.49106
Nohbdy  2004-03-26 03:58:38 ( ID:9mvuas2.08h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TDA (v. 1.5.20.62) will start an encode to a given DVD-OUT folder without checking for free space on the drive, even though it knows how much space the DVD will take; it encodes blindly. So I come back to the PC to find find TDA 36% finished with an encode, but giving me an error (I'm REALLY sorry but I can't remember the error and I stupidly exited the window somehow).

Bottom line, TDA needs to check for free space before it begins an encode.

Also the authors need someone who knows proper English to write their error messages; I saw an error message that contained "loose the file?" when I cleared up some space on the hard drive and started the output again.

"Loose" and "lose" are two different words, and the latter should be used in this case. There are other examples I've just laughed at (in the spirit of engrish.com ) but since I'm posting a message right now, I may as well mention it.

Question - TE25 - Converting Anamorphic Widescreen? No.41281
Sakuya  2004-03-25 02:23:32 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have an AVI with a size of 640x360. In Gspot, it says: (1.78:1)[=16:9]
What does that mean? Is it letterbox or anamorphic? I want to convert it to DVD and to preserve the widescreen. I am using a 4:3 TV though so I would want the black bars on the top and bottom. In the source video, the black bars are not present. So how would I go about converting it into MPEG-2?

ashy  2004-03-25 17:23:59 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's anamorphic. You don't need to worry about the black bars. Just set your source as 16:9 and the output to 16:9. The DVD player will add the black bars.

Sakuya  2004-03-26 00:40:20 ( ID:3xju37pz5er )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. But what about video arrange method? I'm worried about overscans on my 4:3 TV. It won't be too much overscan right?

ashy  2004-03-26 21:50:30 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To be honest Sakuya I think it's time you saved yourself some messing about and got that TV sorted if it's that bad. If you know anybody with a bit of technical knowledge you can ask it's just a matter of adjusting a simple preset in the back of the TV.

However if you don't want to go down that route then the procedure is the same as before.
The thing you should understand though is that most TV's have a certain amount of overscan so some of the movie will be clipped compared to what you see on your monitor.
You shouldn't really worry about this because it is unlikely you will miss anything that is at all important to the movie.
Every program you will see on TV will have some part missing from the edges and this will be accounted for by the program makers.
Even at the cinema there will be a small part obscured in the black area around the screen to help account for distortion in the edges of picture.

What I am saying is that there is a small percentage at the edges of any movie which is expected to be lost anyway that you are not really meant to see even though you are able to view it on your monitor.

Bug report - TDA1 - Video/Audio Sync. Problem - Again No.49099
dh  2004-03-24 18:14:21 ( ID:8pbbujrfjgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Regardless of the explanations, elsewhere, of captured video and audio frame rate mismatch and which should be the "Standard" I believe that the methology used in TMPGEnc DVD Author is flawed. I captured 6 video tape segments using ADS Instant DVD 2.0 capture unit at 4000Kbs (Hardware compession/multipexing)creating 6 separate mpeg files. The total duration of these is 150 minutes. Each "clip" was added as a new track with main and track menus in DVD Author. After authoring there is an accumulated 1 second audio/video mismatch at the end of the last track. This tells me that there is a rate error, somewhere, of 1/9000, or .00011%! This is so close to perfection that nothing better should be expected in the real world and certainly not of my capture device! Since the original mpeg files are perfectly synchronized, and can be perfectly authored with programs from Ulead and Nero, there is pertinent audio/video synchronization information that is not being used by TMPGEnc DVD Author. It is also odd that the error accumulates over the total time of the 6 files and not each file individually?
Thanks Dieter

Mark A  2004-03-25 14:16:01 ( ID:8aadzeh8w6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried an ADS USB capture box and it was rubbish. By capturing video through the box, and the sound through your sound card, you are absolutely asking for sync problems.

I sent mine back and got an ADS A/V Pyro that captures both sound and video locked together through one firewire connection without the sound card being involved at all. The result - it captures hour long (and more) files perfectly without a hint of any sync problems. The USB model couldn't even keep ten minute clips together. Utterly useless device, which ADS should drop from their product line and hang their head in shame over.

TMPGenc DVD Author makes perfectly synched DVDs from my A/V Pyro captures, no matter how long, how short, or how many there are. But no matter what I tried I couldn't get sound and video to sync with the USB model, which had nothing to do with TMPGenc DVD Author and everything to do with the useless ADS USB box.

Regards

Mark

Nohbdy  2004-03-26 03:43:32 ( ID:9mvuas2.08h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I tried an ADS USB capture box and it was rubbish. By capturing video through the box, and the sound through your sound card, you are absolutely asking for sync problems.

I really don't think that's the issue; if it were the user would realize it from the source file (!). I use a PVR-250; if you're unfamiliar, it's a hardware MPEG-2 encoding card, which is supplied both audio and video in perfect sync (necessarily from a coax feed), and produces MPEG-2 output. However, sync issues still occur, but only with TDA; by the end of 1 hour and 45 continuous minutes from one source MPEG-2 file, the sync is around three to four seconds (estimation) off. TDA just doesn't pay attention to the timestamps, I guess; I can play the video I record with WMP (for example) and sync is perfect all the way to the end of the video even when I skip ahead. I burn the DVD with TDA and I've just created a coaster; the sync is gradually lost through playback until it's terribly off at the end of the file.

I will state the following:

TMPGEnc itself doesn't accept the file, else I'd try transcoding it. Can't remember the error, TMPGEnc's MPEG-2 support expired and I still have about two weeks' trial left with TDA.

The source file was encoded VBR 6mbps low to 9mbps high with a hardware MPEG-2 encoding tuner card, the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250.

I used Nanocosmos' MPEG-2 editor to cut the commercials out.

But, again, WMP plays back the file perfectly; I have the Elecard MPEG-2 codec installed on this machine. As the only MPEG-2 codec installed, doubtless WMP is using this to decode the video.

And, again... Sync + TDA = suxx0rz! I just want a resolution.

dh  2004-03-26 16:24:52 ( ID:3yxzcq5vqpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to clarify and to add to "Nohbdy's" comments. I am using the ADS Instant DVD 2.0 capture unit that does not use the sound card for audio. It hardware multiplexes the audio/video to the USB2 (or 1) output. I can verify the manufacturers claim of "Perfect Lip Sync." even with very poor quality video input sources. In fact I, and at least one other user of this device, have never seen an audio/video mismatch in the resulting mpeg file. I also agree that the mpeg file must contain a continuous time stamp that "locks" the audio and video together. Otherwise we have a situation akin to projecting motion picture film with sound play-back from a reel-reel tape recorder and hoping, by some miracle, that the two will stay synchronized.

Mark A  2004-03-27 09:18:10 ( ID:5zujw0ub3q. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My apologies then. The model I tried used the sound card for sound and was dreadful at keeping sync.

Also, I use other programs to create the MPEG2 and WAV files from a DV source (the ADS Pyro A/V link in my case) such as TMPGenc or Procoder, and TDA seems to be able to keep these synced perfectly, even turning them into AC-3(2.0) whilst it does it, now that I have the AC-3 plug in. Never a hint of sync loss.

Perhaps feeding MPG files to TDA rather than MPEG2/WAV combos is the problem?
Though I'm sure I've tried a few experiments of reading DVDs and messing about with the files before re-authoring them and there was never any hint of sync loss there, either.

What hardware spec are you running? I'm using a 2.8 P4, 512Mb RAM, two 7200rpm
70Gb drives, Nvidia Ti4200 graphics card, Audigy 2 sound card, and a Sony 500 external firewire burner.

Regards

Mark

Nohbdy  2004-03-27 18:38:30 ( ID:9mvuas2.08h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Perhaps feeding MPG files to TDA rather than MPEG2/WAV combos is the problem?

This is how you attain perfect sync? To the best of my knowledge, TDA will only accept mpeg-2 files...

Borax  2004-03-29 22:23:34 ( ID:fzvlab1ptwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using a Pinnacle PCTVSat card for capture of DVB-S streams. The captures are made with WinSTB in a very raw format (MPEG2 transport-stream) where sync is tracked every few frames (you may even cut out a piece of the file with a hex editor without loosing sync!) These files are demultiplexed with ProjectX which corrects eventual sync problems (i.e. caused by transmit errors) by adding or dropping audio 'frames'. The demultiplexed streams are then directly put into TDA which remultiplexes the video and audio streams to VOBs. The DVDs created this way had never any sync problems. Maybe you should try it with demultiplexed streams...

Question - TE25 - Color bleed on source material No.41279
Blue Hiker  2004-03-24 12:03:53 ( ID:da9phuvup2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,

I'm currently converting a few DivX files to MPEG using TMPGEnc. However, a lot of the source material contains color bleed where bright colors clash. Is there any filter or special setting I can apply in TMPGEnc to *attempt* to reduce the problem?

Thanks in advance :)

ashy  2004-03-24 18:15:38 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, but you will find filters in Virtualdub that can help with this.

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc unable to open its own file No.41273
Al  2004-03-23 08:33:16 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I created a DVD using TMPGenc, but found that my field order was reversed so i extracted the mpeg file from the Video TS back to Mpeg and tried to open it with TMPGenc. Now the file would not open (error message, unable to open file).

I was able to demux the file using Tools, but not open the file for encoding. I changed the priority of the Directshow to 2 as previous mail suggested, but no luck. Why is the programme not recognising a file which it created in the first place?

(btw I extracted the mpeg from the VOB using Ulead's import function, it's the only way I know how)

Rgs
Al

B_Racer  2004-03-23 09:12:53 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Like Media Player or other Tools, TMPGEnc needs an MPEG2-DirectShow-Filter to open MPEG2-Files. Windows does not include such a filter. You have to install a Software-DVD-Player or a Tool like ffdshow.

There's no need to re-encode your Video just for the reason of Field-Order-Changing. There are several Tools like ReStream or Project X, which are able to patch the File within seconds.

ashy  2004-03-23 16:50:21 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PULLDOWN.EXE and it's GUI will also reverse the field order.
As for extracting MPEGs from VOBS, you can use TMPG to do this with individual VOBS or to do it with a complete set you can use VOBEDIT.

ashy  2004-03-23 16:51:37 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An MPEG2 codec for TMPG can be obtained at the link below:
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Al  2004-03-24 06:23:11 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thks v much for tips, Ashy and folks. I have downloaded Pulldown and hope it works. Meanwhile, how do u extract the MPEG from VOB using TMPGENc? I tried looking once but couldnt figure it out.

Thks again!

>An MPEG2 codec for TMPG can be obtained at the link below:
>http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

ashy  2004-03-24 18:18:10 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To demux a VOB with TMPG you need to use the de-multiplexer in the MPEGtools.
However this only works for individual VOBS. To demux a set to a complete movie file you will need to use VOBEDIT.

Request - TDA1 - Dual layer authoring!!! No.49098
Sosai X  2004-03-23 07:24:08 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since the new dual-layer burners are coming out, please update TMPGENC Plus and TMPGENC DVD Author to support the new 9.4 Gb SS/DL recordable media, including the -R and +R varieties. Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Audio problem No.41269
Darwin  2004-03-23 04:49:55 ( ID:rx7/g0g.t36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted avi to mpeg. But the audio didn't come out.
I've got information from Gspot
video codec: XviD
audio codec: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc

I've installed ac3filter but it still doesn,t work.
Anyone know what the problem is?

ashy  2004-03-23 16:53:04 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wrong filter, you need 'AC3 ACM decompressor'.

darwin  2004-03-24 03:12:21 ( ID:rx7/g0g.t36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've installed AC3 ACM decompressor but still doesn't work. Anymore suggestion?
TQ

ashy  2004-03-24 18:37:26 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have installed it correctly it should work.
Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' in the VFAPI plugins to 2 or 3.

To check for audio click the 'Setting' button under the 'Audio' tab and click 'Play'
If you don't hear audio here you won't have audio in the output MPEG.

If you still have problems then extract the AC3 to a wav with Virtualdub_ac3 and use that as the audio source for TMPG.

Question - TE25 - Yet another Sound Sync Problem... No.41268
Ganiam  2004-03-23 01:37:55 ( ID:r4cszxejykj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okai, well I want to convert an .AVI file into a VCD-MPEG one, but I keep getting problems. First, I got the "WARNING : BFRAME LAG" error, but fixed it by reading a topic on the BBS. But now, after I finish encoding, I tried watching it, but the Video is very slow, while the Sound's normal. They don't synch with each others...

I don't understand, since it worked fine until yesterday. Anyone kows how to fix it ? I tried lots of things, but nothing seems to works...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.