Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 350 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Add TMPGEnc systray minimization MonDar 0 2004-04-27 19:01:44
Question TE25 16/9 VIDEOS not compressed in the same ratio. gio 1 2004-04-27 16:09:01
Question TE25 Long DVDs bobdore 3 2004-04-27 08:45:41
Question TE25 Convert 352x576 MPEG-2 to 720x576 MPEG-2? Jan 6 2004-04-28 11:01:46
Question TDA1 prices Ed 0 2004-04-26 11:39:31
Question TE25 no subtitles?! salcin 11 2004-11-12 17:41:52
Question TE25 HELP: stopped in the middle paranoid 1 2004-04-25 23:31:11
Question TE25 No audio Benno 1 2004-04-25 23:33:21
Question TE25 Codec Sakuya 7 2004-04-25 15:27:31
Question TE25 Question and Request to Ashy - you've got a SVCD template and more? Mimer 2 2004-04-24 17:58:55
Question TE25 Quick Time Brightness 4Fun 3 2004-04-30 21:09:21
Question TE25 How to resize ? Monte-Cristo 2 2004-04-26 19:00:43

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 350 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Add TMPGEnc systray minimization No.41576
MonDar  2004-04-27 19:01:44 ( ID:efjyglrlju6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What about adding TMPGEnc systray minimization?.
It would be very usefull when performing long time lasting tasks.

Question - TE25 - 16/9 VIDEOS not compressed in the same ratio. No.41574
gio  2004-04-27 09:49:01 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried to compress in MPEG1 from 16/9 DV native format (720x576 at 1.422 ratio pixel) but I always see in 4/3 (with Media Player) with a geometrical distortion (vertical crushing).
I've tried "clip frame" setting cropping 72 lines over and 72 lines under the image with no results.

What are the right settings?

thanks

Giò

ashy  2004-04-27 16:09:01 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Source aspect ratio: 16:9 display
Video arrange method: Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)

Output ratio: 4:3 NTSC or PAL
Resolution: 720x576

Check the preview File>preview
If everything looks OK you are set to go.

Question - TE25 - Long DVDs No.41570
bobdore  2004-04-26 23:56:51 ( ID:knko8etqfhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looking at some DVDs this evening I noticed a number of compilations are 200 minutes long. Looking at the files they are under 4.5GB in total. The picture quality seems excellent. To make matters worse, the audio is all LPCM, significantly larger than MP2.

By my calculations that would be a bitrate averaging less than 2700KB/S. How do you get the picture quality at 720x576 that good? If I try to make an MPEG that long under 4.5GB the video is going to lose a lot of definition.

How's it done?

Thanks,

Bob.

David  2004-04-27 00:52:36 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The pros use $10,000 - $100,000+ mpeg-2 encoders. They also tweak the GOPs specific to the scene or clip.

While us consumers use a $50 piece of software, with general GOP and matrix settings.

ashy  2004-04-27 06:33:20 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cinema craft encoder.

B_Racer  2004-04-27 08:45:41 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or TMPGEnc with MVBR and manual settings and GOP-Tweaks. ;)

Question - TE25 - Convert 352x576 MPEG-2 to 720x576 MPEG-2? No.41563
Jan  2004-04-26 20:21:20 ( ID:1lhdqdqrtjk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some MPEG-2 recordings from my DVD recorder with resolution 352x576. I want to convert them into 720x576 but when I try to open the files in TMPEG, it says "File [file].mpg can not open, or unsupported." Can the free TMPEG not convert MPEG-2 to MPEG-2?

ashy  2004-04-26 23:01:37 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want to convert them to 720x576?
If you intend to put these MPEG2 files on DVD then you probably don't need to re-encode them.
352x576 is a valid DVD compliant resolution as long as the output is 4:3 which is more than likely seeing as your DVD recorder made them, however most DVD players won't have a problem with 16:9 output either.

Re-encoding to 720x576 will simply be a waste of time, quality and quite likely create a bigger file size.

I can answer your original question, but I don't think it is really necessary, just simply author the MPEG as it is.

Sakuya  2004-04-26 23:53:25 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The free TMPGEnc can only encode to MPEG-2 for a trial of 30 days I think. But the TMPGEnc Plus can accept MPEG-2 as input and output to MPEG-2 as long as you have the MPEG-2 plugin.

Jan  2004-04-27 10:53:30 ( ID:ii2hshalurg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to master my dvd with Adobe Encore DVD which will only accept 720x576 for PAL 4:3. I installed the free edition of TMPEG yesterday so it should still be able to work but I will not accept this file.

Strangely enough, I'm not even able to open the MPEG fil in VirtualDUB. It says that it detects no frames. But the file plays fine in Windows Media Player and WinDVD.

Does anyone have a clue why I can't open this file in TMPEG?

ashy  2004-04-27 16:02:52 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you want to use adobe? What kind of DVD authoring program is this that doesn't accept perfectly compliant Mpeg2 files anyway? You can trick this program into accepting the file by using DVDpatcher http://mitglied.lycos.de/dvdpatcher/
Just load the file and change the resolution to 720x576. After you have finished authoring the MPEG just run the patcher on the VOBS and change the resolution back to the origianl one.

If you don't want to go down this route and I can't really see a reason why anyone wouldn't then you will need to install a TMPG compatible MPEG2 codec or use TMPG plus.
You can find the codec you need here: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Virtualdub will not open MPEG2 files unless you have the modified versions such as Virtualdubmod.

Jan  2004-04-28 10:10:46 ( ID:ii2hshalurg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adobe DVD Encore didn't want to work with the modified files. I will try to find a different dvd authoring program, maybe Sonic DVD Producer will work.

Can anyone recommend a professional (not a regular consumer program that can only do few things) like Adobe's?

ashy  2004-04-28 11:01:46 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on the level of authoring you want to do.
I use DVDlab which practically does anything though it does have one or two limitations.
DVDmaestro is pretty good, but for total DVD compliance theres only Scenarist.

Question - TDA1 - prices No.49133
Ed  2004-04-26 11:39:31 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is something strange, TDA is 68 dollars for download.
But the box version which includes DVD Source Creator(29 dollars) is only,
69 dollars at Buy.com.
I wonder how they set the prices...

Question - TE25 - no subtitles?! No.41551
salcin  2004-04-25 22:55:18 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi!

I have a problem...
I want to get a movie (MPEG-2) and a subtitle-file (*.sub) into one(1) file. But the problem is that when I want to preweiv my project in TMPGEnc the subtitles doesn't show. But they do show in Win Media Player!!! Does anyone know what the problem might be???

I'm using winXP and the ffdshow codec

ashy  2004-04-25 23:28:57 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 or 3 or try loading the subs directly into FFDSHOW. If that doesn't work you will need to use VOBSUB.

salcin  2004-04-26 09:09:00 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do you mean - "load the subtitles directly into ffdshov"??

I've tried used both ffdshow and Vobsub, it doesn't work! It used to work, before but now I don't know what has happend?? Do you??

ashy  2004-04-26 17:33:55 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>how do you mean - "load the subtitles directly into ffdshov"??
Exactly as I said load them directly into FFDSHOW.
If not you need to configure VOBSUB to automatically load any subs in the same folder as the movie.

salcin  2004-04-26 17:48:30 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use vobsub! when I play the movie in mediplayer I can se the green rrow and eberything works fine. But then when I open the movie in TMPGEnc I can't se any subs, nor can I se the green arrow???

Do you know if any settings might be wrong, or what??

ashy  2004-04-26 18:58:18 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sure you people just ignore me for the fun of it!
I gonna say this load and clear so you don't miss it this time:

** RAISE THE PRIORITY OF THE 'DIRECTSHOW FILE READER TO 2 OR 3 AND MAKE SURE IT IS TOP OF THE LIST, YOU WILL FIND IT IN THE VFAPI PLUGINS **

That shold get VOBSUB working again.
To check just click File>Preview and the little green arrow should pop up and you can then check the subs.

OK?

salcin  2004-04-27 10:28:27 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no actually I'm not doing this for fun, ;-)

i do have a problem.... I've tried raising the priority of the directshow file reader, it's now 3 and it's in the top of the list...

I found a guide on www.dvdrhelp.com that tells you what you should do!

So in the beginning it worked but now I don't know what has happend! It doesn't work any longer... As I said before it works perfect in Media Player, it's just when I want to play it in TMPGEnc it doesn't work... I've tried downloading it again but it's the same result.... Do you have any idea what it might be??

ashy  2004-04-27 16:11:59 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure FFDSHOW is enabled for the type of file you are decoding?

Disable all other filters in the VFAPI plugins except the 'Directshow file reader'

salcin  2004-04-27 18:01:48 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've given up on FFDSHOW so I tried using VobSub, but that does'nt work! I think it have to be some wrong settings in VobSub or in TMPGEnc, because it works fine when I play the movie in Mediaplayer.

When I start TMPGEnc the little green arrow does not apere.... Why?? It used to work so I don't know what has happend! I've tried using diffrent formats on the movie, such as avi, svcd.....

Do you have any idea???
Thanks for helping me...

ashy  2004-04-27 20:33:26 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean given up on FFDSHOW?

Look this what I want you to do:
Make sure u have the latest FFDSHOW installed and make sure it is configured to decode the file you are attempting to import into TMPG. I.E. make sure XVID is checked. Uninstall any other MPEG 4 codecs such as XVID, DIVX..etc

Next Click 'Direct VOBSUB configure' in Start>Programs then click the 'General' tab and under the heading 'Loading' select 'Always load' from the drop down menu then apply and OK it.

Make sure the subs have exactly the same name as the AVI apart from the extension ofcourse then check with mediaplayer to see if the subs show.

Ensure TMPG is configured as I have said previously then load your AVI. Goto File>Preview and check for subs, the arrow and subs should now be visible.

lotusman  2004-05-20 02:39:06 ( ID:y4zgv7u6jbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have recently run into the same problem with TMPG. I used to be able to burn all subtitles into my movies with Directshow VFAP set to highest priority and installing DirectVobsub. Was doing this for over a year with TMPF successfully encoding evefrything I threw at it. Started having problems with XVID encoded AVI's. Since more and more movies were coming out in XVID, I searched the forums of Videohelp.com and several other places and they all came up with the same suggestions. Uninstall the Nimo pack codecs (which I used succesfully for quite a while), install ffdshow, configure its codec for XVID, turn on the subtitle option in ffdshow etc. Did not work. The subtitles load automatically in the media players but not in TMPG anymore. Now I can't get TMPG to hard burn any subtitles at all. TMPG doesn't seem to load directshow anymore. I believe I somehow screwed up a registry or TMPG setting. BTW, presently I have the K-Lite Codec pack installed (although I installed the newes XVID codec and the newest Vobsub and directvobsub directly from files obtained throuhg their websites). Every thing seems to work OK except I CAN'T GET TMPG TO LOAD THE SUBTITLES. Would appreciate any suggestions.

titex  2004-11-12 17:41:52 ( ID:rjxdfa8o.o6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i need help!!!

i use tmpgenc and vobsub to make divx with subtitles..
NOw When I try to make one, the program close.. when
it try to put the subtitles with vobsub..
help!!!!

Question - TE25 - HELP: stopped in the middle No.41549
paranoid  2004-04-25 19:40:26 ( ID:sb3mjvpnmbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used DVD2AVI to convert to avi files and created a WAV file
now to TMPGEnc: the avi file for the video source; WAV file for the audio source

Problem: during the process of encoding....TMPGEnc suddenly stopped and displayed a message saying it cannot encode any further...it left me with 16 mins of remaining time...(and i waited for more than 1 HOUR!!)....is there anyway i can continue?? or i have to start all over?? and why did it happen??

ashy  2004-04-25 23:31:11 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all why did you create an AVI with DVD2AVI if you were going to encode with TMPG?

What size is the output file? If it's 3.99GB then you have hit the 4GB barrier.

Question - TE25 - No audio No.41547
Benno  2004-04-25 19:17:29 ( ID:hczhhoiwjxh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i select a source file to convert to mpeg (normal avi file, divx video codec, and wmaudiodecoder DMO audio codec) i get nothing in the 'audio file' field, where normally it would automatically list the same file name as entered for video. When i try to manually enter this file, i get a message saying it can no open this file, or it is unsupported. Is there anyway around this?

ashy  2004-04-25 23:33:21 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Assuming you have the right codecs installed forthe ausio try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' in the VFAPI plugins.

Question - TE25 - Codec No.41539
Sakuya  2004-04-24 21:01:20 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What codec do I use for XviD MPEG-4? I only have FFDSHOW and FFVFW. What do I need to check off? When I play the movie, it seems fine but in certain points, there are these trailing purple colors. At first, I thought it was a corrupted file but when I viewed it on another computer, it wasn't like that. I'm viewing this in Virtualdub.

ashy  2004-04-24 23:29:50 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just make sure you don't have any other codecs installed apart from FFDSHOW. Uninstall XVID, DIVX and 3IVX codecs.
Disable raw video decoding in FFDSHOW also and it may also help to disable FFDSHOW when using FFVFW and Virtualdub.

Sakuya  2004-04-25 00:48:17 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did not check off raw video in FFDSHOW. How do I disable FFDSHOW?

Sakuya  2004-04-25 01:08:18 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For FFVFW, I have the Encoder at MPEG-4. Bitrate is 900 Kbps. The FOURCC is FVFW. Mode is One Pass - Constant Bitrate. I only checked off XVID.

For FFDSHOW, I checked off XVID, DivX 3, DivX 4, DivX 5. On the Supported Output Colorspaces, I checked off I420, YV12, YUY2, YVYU, UYVY, RGB32, RGB24, RGB16, RGB15. "Use Overlay Mixer" is NOT checked.

Even if I deselect everything in FFDSHOW and then use Virtualdub to play the movie, the color glitch still appear.

ashy  2004-04-25 08:50:38 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, uncheck all the codecs in FFDSHOW. Check to make sure you have no other codecs installed especially from any of those crazy codecs packs which are guaranteed to cock up your system.

Make sure XVID is checked in FFVFW only. Load the AVI into Virtualdub. Now click file information and check the decompressor info. It should say FFVFW MPEG-4 codec.
Also for now make sure that you don't have 'Directdraw acceleration enanbled under 'Options'

Click the second play button NOT the first and check the output. If you still have the same problem then click 'Options' and select 'Directdraw acceleration'
This time click the first button not the second otherwise playback will be slow, but be aware that this will only show the input video.

As a last resort I would disable FFVFW and FFDSHOW and just simply install the latest XVID codec and see what happens.
If the problem still exists then I can only guess there is a problem with the file itself.

Sakuya  2004-04-25 09:32:21 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the latest version of Virtualdub 1.5.10 and I cannot find the Directdraw Acceleration under Options or anywhere else.

Sakuya  2004-04-25 09:40:08 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I disabled FFDSHOW and FFVFW and then downloaded the latest XviD from:

http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml

It doesn't look like any trashy codecs right? Well, what do you know? It worked! Thanks!

ashy  2004-04-25 15:27:31 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry I have an earlier version of Virtualdub. The title has been changed to 'Allow video overlays'

Question - TE25 - Question and Request to Ashy - you've got a SVCD template and more? No.41536
Mimer  2004-04-24 11:36:26 ( ID:u2drlw6unc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy and others

Request
Will you send a/some good (x)SVCD templates?
Maybe some good DVD templates too?
And now your at it maybe some (x)VCD templates?
KVCD... been there, tried that. I'm into quality not quantity.

Question
And to the question you don't like Ashy:
How is the complete syntax of a .mcf file?
As you state in other messages, you have posted, if not all, then some syntax.
I've searched for hours now and read hundreds of messages (that you've answered since late 2001) but no hit.
I would like to make some (x)VCD and (x)SVCD templates/wizards for my kid brother, since he is a newbie to TMPEnc.
On page 1 of the wizard I need the ability to choose from CBR/VBR and PCM/MP2.
On page 4 of the wizard I need the ability to select Video resolution, Average video bitrate, Audio bitrate, Media with Auto setting.

I've grabbed some code from a template, but don't if it's the way to do it:
MPEG.WizardAutoChooseList.VideoSize = <
item
MinVideoBitRate = 0
Width = 240
Height = 480
VideoEncodeMode = MPEGVideoEncoder_VideoEncodeMode_Progressive_32Pulldown
FrameRate = 1
AspectRatio = 2
end
item
MinVideoBitRate = 1000000
Width = 352
Height = 480
VideoEncodeMode = MPEGVideoEncoder_VideoEncodeMode_Progressive_32Pulldown
FrameRate = 1
AspectRatio = 2
end>

Can you help me out?

Keep up the good work folks ;)

Mimer

ashy  2004-04-24 14:16:20 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can create your own templates by simply setting TMPG up as you want it then use the 'Load' button to save the template.

However for the options you require I.E. CBR/VBR settings, it necessary to alter the template manually.

I have sent you some SVCD templates so you can see how it's done and can then modify your own.

You should be able to fit roughly 50 mins - 1 hour of SVCD on one 80 min disk with these templates.

For the options to work correctly you MUST put ALL the templates in the template folder.

Mimer  2004-04-24 17:58:55 ( ID:u2drlw6unc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx Ashy

Templates received. And yes, I've figured out my self to put the templates in same folder and use the same WizardCategoryName and different SubFormatName. In fact I get a sub category by entering 'xSVCD/xSVCD PAL'.
Templates should have been PAL though, my fault. If you read this Ashy and you're in a good mode, plz post some good SVCD PAL templates.

TEBBS RULES

Mimer

Question - TE25 - Quick Time Brightness No.41532
4Fun  2004-04-23 16:10:50 ( ID:aqy7z/4rcl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,

I'm very new to Video Editing. I have Quick Time movie I took with my Digital Camera. The lighting in video is very dark. How can I reprocess the QT movie so it is brighter?

Thanks,
4Fun

ashy  2004-04-24 09:19:00 ( ID:akqicmbeb0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will have to re-encode it using the colour correction controls under 'Advanced' settings.

Video Guy  2004-04-29 18:18:18 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or just adjust your monitor so its brighter.

ashy  2004-04-30 21:09:21 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or turn the lights off, that usually helps.

Question - TE25 - How to resize ? No.41529
Monte-Cristo  2004-04-23 13:34:37 ( ID:bnc13.youcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have a file which is encoded in 320 x 240. The faces of the actors are long and slim. How can I resize to a regular size and make a VCD ? Thanks.

Monte-Cristo  2004-04-26 17:15:47 ( ID:r7z5zuss9tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks everyone...

ashy  2004-04-26 19:00:43 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No prob...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.