Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 430 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Error converting avi to VCD Tung Twista 3 2003-09-09 02:01:42
Question TE25 i am tren likk a mota lucker ed 2 2003-09-04 21:01:51
Question TE25 Is there a plug-in or addition to let TmpgEnc decode AC3 Directly? JamesX 3 2003-09-03 09:59:19
Question TE25 Where is the "Register Button" Robbo-Canada 1 2003-09-03 07:20:16
Question TE25 Help converting AVI file to VCD/SVCD Kristy L. 3 2003-09-03 10:14:17
Question TE25 Trying to open MPEG2 file, unsupported??? Kevin L. Kitchens 4 2003-09-03 20:43:25
Question TDA1 How to turn on video to reset frame rate young707 1 2003-09-04 17:31:42
Question TE25 Error message xc5xa4SS not supported whenE AdonisXX 6 2003-09-03 03:15:40
Question TE25 Why 2 files? jdacunha 7 2003-09-03 10:35:50
Question TE25 Splitting several mpg's in batch mode? Cees 1 2003-09-01 23:38:27
Question TE25 How to convert to MPEG II? Videol Help 3 2003-09-02 03:48:02
Question TE25 Best VCD setting Video Help 1 2003-09-01 23:31:47

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 430 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Error converting avi to VCD No.38926
Tung Twista  2003-09-04 22:06:48 ( ID:4via.gmydia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey i get an error message everytime i try to convert my matrix reloaded avi to MPEG-1 VCD at NTSC format. It says: Can't load: "P3Package.dll". I don't know maybe i did somthing wrong in the project wizard. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

ashy  2003-09-04 22:38:32 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search the board. It's been answered a million times already.

Minion  2003-09-05 19:45:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have the version of Matrix reloaded that is going around on the net then that version is in Pal 25fps Format and you can not use Tmpgenc to convert it to NTSC as Tmpgenc does not do proper Pal to NTSC Conversions, Plus that one uses AC3 audio which you will either need to extract or you will have to install a compatible VFW AC3 Decoder....Your error is because you Don"t have all of the Tmpgenc files in the same folder....

Tung Twista  2003-09-09 02:01:42 ( ID:4via.gmydia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uhh... I used GSpot to look at the properties of the movie and it does end up being the PAL version and the audio needs to be extracted as well because it's AC3 format. Is there another encoder out there that I could convert PAL to NTSC properly?

Question - TE25 - i am tren likk a mota lucker No.38923
ed  2003-09-03 23:26:37 ( ID:lkcyiq0e6jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i down loaded tmpbenc no im trin to make a xvid [avi] in to mpeg i go throw the hole process an the last screan saya go or what ever it goes to the main screen with the start and stop then it stops error what am i doin wrong error says ataddr 77f5215c of module ntdll.dll with 00000000 please help

Minion  2003-09-04 20:58:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is usually caused by the XviD codec, you should get rid of the Xvid codec and install the "FFDshow Decoder" and configure it to decode XviD files then you should be able to encode the XviD to Mpeg in Tmpgenc...

ashy  2003-09-04 21:01:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well speaking some sense might be a start to a solution to the problem. Come back when you can talk plain English.

Question - TE25 - Is there a plug-in or addition to let TmpgEnc decode AC3 Directly? No.38919
JamesX  2003-09-03 06:52:36 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a plug-in or something that allows TmpgEnc to encode from an avi file with AC3 audio track directly? Without the need to first extract the Audio file as a .wav?

Minion  2003-09-03 07:26:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No there Isn"t...But there is an AC3 decoder for VirtualDub_Mpeg2_AC3 that will let you frame serve AVI files with AC3 audio to Tmpgenc, it also does Surround Down Mixing, You can download the the V-Dub_Mpeg2_AC3 and the AC3 Plugin here: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/ , and if you had a seperate AC3 file you could frame serve the AC3 audio with AVISynth useing the AC3Source.Dll Plugin, But becides this you have to extract the audio first, Supposedly the Tmpgenc Version 3.0 is supposed to have AC3 decodeing and Encodeing....

Minion  2003-09-03 07:31:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: after Installing the AC3 Plugin for V-Dub I can see the AC3 audio in Tmpgenc"s Source range but got an error about not haveing DirectX when I tried to Encode/Decode the audio, Maybe you might have better luck...

ashy  2003-09-03 09:59:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, this plugin does actually work with TMPG, but only with AVI's.
This codec uses an ACM wrapper using VFW (Video for Windows) not Directshow therefore to enable the codec to work properly you must use VFW to decode your AVI's not directshow.
Simply make sure that VFW is set at a higher priority than Directshow in the VFAPI plugins or just disable Directshow altogether.

If you have any problems loading the AVI when disabling directshow then download and install FFVFW and configure it to decode all MPEG4 sources.

Question - TE25 - Where is the "Register Button" No.38917
Robbo-Canada  2003-09-03 04:39:19 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased the license for the TMPGenc, but the version keeps telling me I need a license. The email said click the License Button. I downloaded the latest version, but it still gives me that error. Help please, ...robbo

Minion  2003-09-03 07:20:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure you downloaded the Right Version??? You need to download the "Pluss" Version Not the Free Version..You can get the Pluss version by Clicking the Banner Below and going to the Download section and look for the Pluss version and install it and it will ask you to register when you start the Program or you can go to "Help" to "Register".....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Help converting AVI file to VCD/SVCD No.38913
Kristy L.  2003-09-02 20:40:21 ( ID:zkzvfdbifhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a 692mb DVD rip AVI movie file and converted it to a NTSC Film SVCD leaving the aspect ratio on 1:1 (VGA). After converting the file it turned from a 692mb AVI file to a 2.7gb MPEG file and I wasn't getting any audio even though the video was fine. I have a couple of questions:

1) Which option should I leave the aspect ratio on for the best quality and a widescreen view?

2) After converting the file and viewing it on Windows Media Player, WinDVD, etc. I noticed the file claimed to be about 270 mins long which is over 4 hours. The movie played fine from beginning till end for 1 hour and 40 mins which is the actual length of the movie but after that it played over 2 hours of nothing.

How do I delete the 2 hours of blank on the movie and keep the 1 hour and 40 mins of the actual movie?

How do I split the movie into parts for me to burn since I can't fit the whole file onto my 80min 700mb CD-R?

3) I noticed that TMPGEnc doesn't convert certain audio files such as AC3, etc. so I was wondering how I would be able to convert the audio files seperately into AC3 or WAV format?

It is greatly appreciated for your help. Thanks!

Minion  2003-09-02 21:54:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your OutPut Aspect ratio should be 4:3 if you have a regular TV, if you have a Widescreen TV then use the 16:9 aspect..To cut the File into Parts you go to "File" to "mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut" and from here it is pretty easy to figure out how to cut the files, Just remember to choose "Super-Video-CD" from the Drop down menu and not plain "mpeg2" cuz SVCD and Mpeg2 are different..and yes Tmpgenc doesn"t like AC3 or VBR Mp3 audio in AVI files so you can use "Virtual dub" to extract the audio to WAC format and use the Wav audio as the audio source in Tmpgenc, You do not want to use AC3 for SVCD as it will Probably not play.....Cheers

Minion  2003-09-03 07:17:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you will have to use a different Mpeg editor, The only Freeware Mpeg editors I know of are Mpeg 2 editors, one is called "Mpeg2Cut" and the other is called "Chopper XP" ,For editing Mpeg1 files I don"t know of any freeware ones, The editor I usually use is called "Mpeg2VCR" But it isn"t freeware, Do a search on Google for Mpeg2Cut or Chopper XP and you should find a Download Link Pretty Easily..As for the Differance between VBR and CBR , Well CBR means "Constant Bitrate" and VBR is "Variable Bitrate" ...CBR keeps the same bitrate through the whole encodeing Proscess and VBR Bitrate varies depending on how much bitrate is needed to encode the Image and the Bitrate range that you set, you can expect the same or Better Quality useing VBR with a Smaller file size, Tmpgenc has a Few differant VBR Encodeing methods that you can choose from .....

ashy  2003-09-03 10:14:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Thanks Minion, but apparently my "Merge & Cut" under MPEG Tools crashes everytime I try to edit a file so is there another way to cut the files and I was just wondering the difference between CBR & VBR.

This likely because you don't have a compatible MPEG2 codec installed to decode the file.
TMPG can encode to MPEG2, but it can't decode it unless you have the latest Plus version.
You need a compatible MPEG2 directshow codec.

Try installing the codec below, just extract and copy the files into your TMPG folder then follow the instructions to install.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.38.lzh

If that doesn't work try the Cyberlink codec from Power DVD.

Also the M2v.vfp codec above comes with it's own MPEG cutting tool, so if you still have problems you can use this, which I find is actually better and faster than the Merge&Cut tool anyway.

Question - TE25 - Trying to open MPEG2 file, unsupported??? No.38908
Kevin L. Kitchens  2003-09-02 16:18:18 ( ID:igkp9q9lo3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried TMPGEnc a long time ago for something else and now have a TV Capture card, etc and am trying it again (most recent version). Unfortunately, the system has remembered I used it before and says MPEG2 support has expired (past 30 days).

I have my own MPEG-2 Codec on the machine and don't need to use the internal one, but no matter what I do, the program will not open my MPEG-2 files. I need to convert them down to MPEG-1 or just to a size/format VCD/SVCD can use.

How can I get this to use the external codec or reset my 30 day trial?

Video Guy  2003-09-02 16:46:47 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you don't want to use TMPGEnc's built in MPEG-2 filter you can also use PowerDVD or WinDVD. Just raise the priority of the one you want to use.

If you can't get TMPGEnc to use your specific MPEG-2 decoder you can make a simple AVISynth script and feed it in that way. (I like Nic's plugin the best)

The only way you can get rid or the 30 day message is to purchase TMPGEnc which I would recommend as it very inexpensive considering all the great features it offers.

Video Guy

ashy  2003-09-02 19:26:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think videoguy has quite explained what he means.
For starters you cannot use any WinDVD codec in TMPG for decoding MPEG2 files.
The MPEG2 expired message you get in TMPG has nothing to do with not being able to load your file. It only refers to encoding to MPEG2.

You need to install a compatible MPEG2 codec to decode any MPEG2 files. The ones required are listed on the TMPG features page.
If you have the free version the best one to use is this one particularly made for TMPG: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.38.lzh
Just extract the files then copy them to the TMPG folder then follow the instructions to install it.

If you buy the Plus version of TMPG it comes with it's own MPEG2 decoder.

Video Guy  2003-09-03 20:10:59 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can use WinDVD and PowerDVD to decode MPEG-2 in TMPGEnc. They install DirectShow filters that can be used in other programs. For instance install WinDVD, then play you MPEG-2 file back Windows Media Player 6.4. If you go to the menu and view the playback properties you will see that it uses the Intervideo DirectShow decoder. If you set the priority correcty in the settings in TMPGEnc and the WinDVD filter is properly registered in windows registry you can use WinDVD to decode in TMPGEnc. Same with PowerDVD. If you go to Environmental Settings -> VFAPI plugin you can set the priority of the "Cyberlink MPEG-2 Decoder". This is PowerDVD.

I also mentioned using AviSynth above. Let me explain better. IMHO this without a doubt will give you the best decode. I use Nic's MPEG2Dec3 in conjuction with DVD2AVI. MPEG2Dec3 has many advanced features that are not found in any decoder. For instance it has BlindPP which will totally remove any block noise you have in your source. Visit the forums at doom9.org for more info.

Video Guy

ashy  2003-09-03 20:43:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to be under the misconception that TMPG can use any directshow filter that Mediaplayer can, this is not the case, if it was our lives would be a whole lot easier with TMPG.

The WinDVD filters are not one of the supported types which will work with the latest TMPG, you either have an older version of TMPG and/or the older WinDVD filters.
I have WinDVD correctly registered on my system the filters are used as the decoders in Mediaplayer, but it does not appear in the VFAPI plugins nor will it decode MPEG2 files in TMPG.
Which versions do you have out of interest?

Question - TDA1 - How to turn on video to reset frame rate No.48719
young707  2003-09-02 04:47:07 ( ID:qapitnmzobc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I received the m2v file encoded using TMPGenc.
But in TMPGenc, the Profile & Level was set to Main Profile & High Level) instead of MP@ML.
After I authored and play the DVD file, there is no video. The frame rate is 0 instead of 29.97.
Is there anything I can do to turn on the video at the IFO or VOB files?
Thank you.

young707  2003-09-04 17:31:42 ( ID:qapitnmzobc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, when we received the m2v file, we verified and checked it did played in Microsoft Windows Media player ver 8. So we accepted and paid the contractor.

But after we authored the DVD to mux the m2v video with ac3 audio, PowerDVD shows no video.

We found out the contractor used TMPGEnc to encode at 29.9 frame rate. But we did not specified and they used High Profile @ High Level instead of MP@ML.

Saddly we have to encode with MP@ML again. What a costly lesson.

Thanks for your help.

Question - TE25 - Error message xc5xa4SS not supported whenE No.38901
AdonisXX  2003-09-02 00:17:23 ( ID:pxl206fuy7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Error message xc5xa4SS not supported when reading from hard diskx81Ethis is the error message I get when trying to process a DVD ripp
ed with smart ripper to my hard drive. Thanks for any help guys with this one! O yeah I didnxc3xd5 mention the program that was actually g
iving the error message (Instant Copy)

AdonisXX  2003-09-02 00:19:17 ( ID:pxl206fuy7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

guys that should say " CSS not supported when reading from hard disk E

Minion  2003-09-02 04:04:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you are Saying that you are Getting this error in "Instant Copy"?? If so Why are you Posting this Question Here??? this is not an "instant copy" Forum..Pluss your Post is Not very Clear as it seems to say that you are trying Use smartRipper on a Ripped DVD that is on your Hard drive, This is Not Possible, Smartripper can only be used on a DVD Disk Not on a Encrypted DVD that is On your Hard drive....If this Question Has anything to Do with Tmpgenc Please Post you Question again but this time Be More clear with what you are trying to do and what problem you are Haveing....

AdonisXX  2003-09-02 04:32:28 ( ID:pxl206fuy7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion the error message I was getting is "CSS not supported when reading from hard disk"
Step1. Rip DVD to my hard drive with smart ripper.
Step2. Open instant copy/process with instant copy.
Step3. Get the error message.

Minion thanks for your replies to my questions in the past but I have to disagree with you on this question I am posting about instant copy. Look I am a licensed user of Tmpgenc & Tmpgenc DVD Author most everything I do concerning movies has Tmpgenc fingerprint on it, if I went back to your many replies on this message board I am sure I will find you replying to questions that has nothing to with Tmpgenc and also you recommending programs other than Tmpgenc so I think it's a little disingenuous of you tell me about posting a question in here that has nothing to do with Tmpgenc.

ashy  2003-09-02 19:46:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are probably ripping in the wrong mode. You need to rip in 'Backup' mode not 'Movie' mode.

Anyway I wouldn't even bother with this program, it's too slow. DVD2ONE can backup a whole DVD in 20 mins on a decent speed PC compared to a few hours for Instant copy and the quality is more or less the same.

Minion  2003-09-02 22:05:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Useing Instant Copy or DVD2One for that Matter you are Not useing Tmpgenc at all, Not even a finger Print of Tmpgenc...So I figured that a "Instant copy" forum would be a Place were you would find answers, as Most poeple who Use Tmpgenc to Back up DVD"s wouldn"t go and use a Clearly Inferior method for backing up DVD"s like Instant copy...You Might find that you get Better results useing "DVD Shrink" as it will Take a Little Longer than DVD2One but give better results and it has more options..But What i have been useing is the SIF DVD Standard for Backing up DVD"s but useing Mpeg2 and I can get up to 6 hours on a DVD with Quite good Quality, Close to or as good as SVCD Quality, .....Cheers

AdonisXX  2003-09-03 03:15:40 ( ID:pxl206fuy7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As usual great information!! Thanks Ash and Minion!

Question - TE25 - Why 2 files? No.38893
jdacunha  2003-09-01 23:58:01 ( ID:jhodmmobfsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded many AVI files with TMPGEnc and always got one file to author with Ulead Workshop and burn DVD.
Now I get 2 files, one video and another with audio only.
What am I doing wrong? Did TMPGEnc changed?
Can I author DVD with the 2 generated files?
Thnaks in advance for any help.

ashy  2003-09-02 00:11:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use these 2 files to author the DVD. Most DVD authoring programs will accept them. The .M2v is the Video and the .Wav is the audio
If you want one file then next time choose 'CBR MPEG-1 Layer II audio (MP2)' in the wizard and not 'CBR Linear PCM audio'

jdacunha  2003-09-02 00:19:09 ( ID:jhodmmobfsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot for the quick response. It sounds so simple now.

Abusing your patience I dare to ask if there is any significant difference between CBR Linear PCM Audio and CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2)?

Minion  2003-09-02 03:57:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Big Differance between PCM audio and Mpeg audio, PCM is the same as Wav audio and this is a Uncompressed Audio format so the File sizes are Huge and they take up a Lot of Disk space so it is better to use a Compressed audio source, But Mpeg audio is Not DVD Compliant for NTSC DVD"s unless there is an AC3 or Wav audio track present also, But most DVD players will Play Mpeg audio in DVD without a Problem..What I do is encode the Wav file to AC3 audio and Use that in My DVD authoring Program But the Cheapo Low end DVD authoring Program you are useing(DVD Workshop) will Not accept AC3 audio (Unless you have the AC3 version) and it will Not accept Seperate Audio and Video Streams so you have no choice but to Encode the Wav audio to Mpeg audio and Multiplex it with the M2V file and Load it into your DVD Authoring Program, Or you can get a Real Authoring Program that accept DVD compliant audio formats and seperate audio and Video streams..The One I have been useing for Makeing Basic DVD"s is called "DVD-Lab" which will also let you Put VCD"s and SVCD"s on to DVD Pluss it is really easy to use and it is cheaper than those Ulead Programs....Cheers

jdacunha  2003-09-03 04:07:25 ( ID:jhodmmobfsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,
I learned a lot with your reply. Many thanks.

Now when you say Ulead Workshop is a cheapo low end authoring program I disagree, the son-of-a-gun software costed me over $250 a year ago. The DVD-Lab you refered to probably is out of reach ($$$) for me.

But again I sincerely appreciated you taking the time to teach me about 'CBR MPEG-1 Layer II audio (MP2)' and 'CBR Linear PCM audio'.

Minion  2003-09-03 04:19:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD-Lab is well Under $100 ,When I said cheapo I meant as a Program not in Price..DVD Workshop is way over priced along with most other ulead Software that is Probably why Ulead software is Pirated so often and can be found for free all over the net..There are No Ulead DVD authoring programs that make Fully compliant NTSC DVD"s accept for the AC3 version of DVDWS, and none accept seperate audio and Video streams, that is what I meant By "Cheap", You can download a 30 Day Demo version of DVD Lab on the Net, Just do a search on Google and you will find the site, It is a Basic DVD authoring Program and doesn"t have anything Fancy but it does accept AC3 audio and it accepts Seperate audio and Video streams and it can even Put SVCD"s on to DVD, another good One is "Spruce UP" which has simular features But it can be found for free Cuz they do not make it anymore, and there are many others that are Better than DVDWS ..If you want to try something different then Email me and I"ll try to hook you up with something....Cheers

ashy  2003-09-03 10:28:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On the subject of free authoring programs, you can use IFOEDIT and is one of the best for backing up DVD.
IFOEDIT is an invaluable program for backing up DVD's once you get the hang of it.
It only has basic authoring features, but it will accept any audio stream and also has many other features you will not find in any other program.
http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/

ashy  2003-09-03 10:35:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's a guide how to author with IFOedit:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-dvdauthor.htm

Question - TE25 - Splitting several mpg's in batch mode? No.38891
Cees  2003-09-01 23:21:42 ( ID:z8bnu/zrjol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi There,

I have a collection of 10 mpeg-1 video's and I want to extract say 100 segments out of this collection. For each segment I have a startframe, endframe and movie name. Can this be done with TMPGEnc?
I noticed a batch mode that allows to split and merge, but I don't want to merge. I want to write the smaller mpeg-1 segments to separate files.

Does anybody know whether this can be done with TMPGEnc or maybe some other tool?

Thanks,

-Cees

Minion  2003-09-01 23:38:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I personally Do not Know of any Tool that lets you edit in Batch Mode...Sory

Question - TE25 - How to convert to MPEG II? No.38887
Videol Help  2003-09-01 18:08:57 ( ID:1zqeyajjhaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm very new to this so please forgive my ignorance. I have a tv tuner card(AVER TV Studio) that can capture video in MPEGII. I tried to use TMPGenc to convert it into SVCD, but the program cannot read my file. Even when I set TMPGenc to read MPEGII the program still says "unsupported". Did I do something wrong? Currently I'm using ver. 2.53.35.130.
Also, let's pretend I did converted the MPEG II file into SVCD do I need to get a cd burning software like NERO to make a SVCD disk or can I just burn that SVCD file directly onto a CD. I hope the 2 questions make sense to you. Thanks.

Minion  2003-09-01 23:36:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you should download the newest Plus version as it comes with it"s own Mpeg2 decoder so you can load Mpeg2 files into it, and Yes you will need a Program that specificly supports Burning of SVCD"s like Nero if you want But I personally liked to add Menu"s and Chapters to my SVCD"s Like DVD"s Have and for this you would need a Real Authoring Program but Nero will Work for Basic SVCD Burning....

Videol Help  2003-09-02 01:14:24 ( ID:1zqeyajjhaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you. I downloaded the new version of TMPGEnc and I can convert movies to SVCD!! Now, I need to copy it to CD, what software would you suggest I can use to do that? Thanks again!

Minion  2003-09-02 03:48:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Nero is better than Most for Plain SVCD Burning but the new Nero 6 is a Bit Buggy on some systems, another good One is VCDEasy which used to be free But not anymore but you might be able to find an old version somewere..Then there are Real Authoring Programs that you can use to Add Chapters and Menu"s and Titles Like Ulead DVD workshop or DVD Movie Factory, you can download Full working 30 day demo"s at the Ulead Web site...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Best VCD setting No.38885
Video Help  2003-09-01 18:00:36 ( ID:1zqeyajjhaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the best settings to use to make the highest quality VCD movie? Currently I'm using TMPGenc 2.35.35.130

Minion  2003-09-01 23:31:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are no settings to make the Best quality VCD, the Quality is Dependant mostly on the Quality of your Source file, so if your source file is low Quality so will your VCD....VCD is a Low Quality Format anyways and it follows a Strict standard that has to be followed so anything to do to Make the Quality better can make the VCD non Compliant, Like Raiseing the Bitrate will Give you better Quality But this will make it Non-Compliant, and Raiseing the Resolution would give you better Quality But this will also make it Non compliant ,so You can either Make a Non-Compliant VCD (XVCD) or you can try makeing a SVCD...The only setting you should make sure you set is the "Motion Search Precition" set it to "High Quality" as this will produce the best Quality, and if your Source file is Really low Quality you can try cleaning it up with some filters....Good Luck...Cheers

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.