Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 431 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Hi Ashy/Minion Olli 3 2003-09-02 22:11:58
Question TE25 some problems Niko 3 2003-09-01 23:17:18
Question TE25 Burned DVD - encoded with tmpgenc: showing blocks on standalone dvd edso 2 2003-09-01 23:03:03
Question TE25 Sync Porblem Still Here ? wpw 1 2003-09-01 23:14:59
Question TE25 TS_VIDEO launched from harddrive? Near2Far 5 2003-09-01 18:13:55
Question TDA1 Confirmed DVD Tool to work with Pioneer DVR-106 deskgrunt 0 2003-08-31 21:31:13
Question TDA1 Export edited video dbakker 2 2003-09-08 10:19:38
Bug report TDA1 some terrible errors in DVD-Author 1.5.13.44 noname 0 2003-08-31 11:37:31
Question TE25 What is the source aspect? Gunslinger 1 2003-08-31 12:44:36
Question TE25 TMPG close when starting to encode on XP LG 1 2003-09-02 16:58:12
Question TDA1 DVD Author doesn"t recognize my Burner!!! Minion 0 2003-08-31 05:14:02
Bug report TDA1 "The video GOP is too long" on VCD-MPG created with TMPGEnc Plus 9ral4f 2 2003-08-30 22:25:37

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 431 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Hi Ashy/Minion No.38881
Olli  2003-09-01 17:26:50 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just came back for a quick visit to say hello - I see you two are still keeping up the good work helping others out on this BBS

I don't do much conversion these days anymore, but it's good to see that there's a place I can come to if I need help ;)

On a side note - the DVD players that support DivX/Xvid seem pretty interesting. Do either of you have any experience of them ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000B0A4H/ref%3Dase%5Fenevacom04/026-6439834-5686810

Olli

Minion  2003-09-01 23:20:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, Long time no See!! Nope I haven"t used one of these Players But they do not seem to be Catching on very Much, there are Only a Couple of Brands of DVD Player that Will Support Mpeg-4 Compression and these are Pretty Much Small companies that are supporting them....

ashy  2003-09-02 00:28:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Olli, nice to hear from you again.
Don't know why they aren't catching on yet, maybe it's licensing issue?
Would be a good thing though, but may put encoders like TMPG out of business if they do or at least take a chunk out of the sales especially seeing as most DIVX encoding programs are free.

Yeppie  2003-09-02 22:11:58 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I agree that MPEG4 is not widely implemented in standalone players but I think that will change. I even saw a new philips introduction of a MPEG4 compatible DVD player. I'm sure other big brands will follow. A nice feature is that the player is easy upgradeble.

I would love to see more MPEG4 players coming onto the market. Saves me a lot of time converting to MPEG1/2 (beside from putting some subtitles into the movie)

Question - TE25 - some problems No.38877
Niko  2003-09-01 14:03:25 ( ID:v.tjhkgz0hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, from Ger.!

I have a problem I try to encode a avi file into a VCDflie but it dont work the file can not be open or is unsupported is the warning what is my mistake!?

Thank ya, for help!

Niko

Mike  2003-09-01 15:40:21 ( ID:e98uccip2xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this same issue. Sound is no issue, but as soon as I try to open the video source an error message appears: 'File xxxx cannot open, or unsupported'.

Anyone ideas?

Thanks!

Mike  2003-09-01 16:53:33 ( ID:e98uccip2xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download http://new.softnews.ro/public/cat/11/2/7/11-2-7-13.shtml and run TMPGEnc again. I did work for me after installing this.

Minion  2003-09-01 23:17:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For this Error all you Usually have to do is go to "options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct show File Reader" to "2" ...This will Usually get Most AVI/Mpeg4 formats to load in Tmpgenc....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Burned DVD - encoded with tmpgenc: showing blocks on standalone dvd No.38874
edso  2003-09-01 11:43:31 ( ID:pn/gdq3thyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,
Ive captured a homemade movie using Firewire and Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0, thus creating an avi. Checked that avi using Windows MediaPlayer and it is okay.
Then created an mpeg2-file with tmpgenc (wizard). Checked it again in WMP and no problems. Created an dvd with Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2 and burned a DVD+RW with Nero.

The problem now is that, when playing the DVD on my standalone DVD-player downstairs, all seems te be ok. Exept for one thing: when in de movie there is a camera-movement (filming from the left to the right) or zooming, the picture is faulty. The lines in the screen all appear as blocks. No straight line e.g. for a curtain, but blocks are seen. When the camera is steady, everything looks fine.

Anyone have an idea what the problem could be?? I created the mpeg2-file using the wizard. Did not change a lot... What could i do to help this..?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. If needed, ill post my settings here..

thanks

edso

edso  2003-09-01 12:02:36 ( ID:pn/gdq3thyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition:
ive encoded the mpeg2 with a bitrate of 8000.
Ive read that i have what they call masterblocks... How can i exterminate those?
thanks

Minion  2003-09-01 23:03:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They Are Called "Macro Blocks" and if your AVI file is Clean Meaning there is No Noise then the Bitrate you used would Sure be high enough to Get rid of any Macro Blocks..There are a Few Things you can Try ,After setting up your File in the WIzard cloce the Wizard and go to "Settings" to "Video" and set the "Motion Search Precition" to "High Quality" if it isn"t allready, This should help with the Macro Blocks but if there is any Noise in your Source file you should first Try to Filter it out cuz if there is Noise in your File the encoder will Use a LOT of Bits trying to encode the Noise, There are Noise Filters in tmpgenc But they will make the Encodeing take up to 5 times as long as Usual so it is Better to Clean up any Noise in your Editing Program before you render the file to AVI, or if you Know how to Frameserve with AVISynth or Virtual Dub you can use there Noise Filters and other filters to clean up the Image as they are Much faster and better than the Tmpgenc Filters...With a Clean Source file you should be able to Achieve Good Quality without Macro Blocks useing Half the Bitrate that you used to encode this File...Good Luck...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Sync Porblem Still Here ? No.38872
wpw  2003-09-01 06:54:57 ( ID:9drwkttbm4l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used PowerVCR.II v3.0 to capture mpeg-1 video from my TV card.
After I cut/merge or demux/mux with MPEG tools the video has sync problem.
Is it a bug of PowerVCR.II or TMPGenc ?

Reference cases:
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box12/tmpgenc_post_6855.html
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box03/tmpgenc_post_3470.html

Minion  2003-09-01 23:14:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it could be a Little Bit of Both...Some Mpeg capture Programs use Padding to Make up for Dropped Frames and when you de-Mux the files the Padding gets removed which can cause Sync Problems, But the "Merge & Cut" can also Cause Desync and besides the Merge & Cut is officially supposed to be only for files that have been Encoded By Tmpgenc..I would sugest you use a Real Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR ..And For Mpeg Capture Programs the best one Is WinDVR 3.0 ,If you have a Fast enough PC you should try captureing to Mpeg2 as you will get Better Quality...What I do is Capture to Mpeg2 at 720+480 and at 20,000Kbs then I re-encode the File adding Filters to clean up any Noise and Resize if Nescessary and use a Much Lower Bitrate and the Final File looks better than the Original File I captured, this Method Works Like a Charm....cheers

Question - TE25 - TS_VIDEO launched from harddrive? No.38866
Near2Far  2003-08-31 22:15:23 ( ID:babxfcosxgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is another ashy question or to anyone who knows:

Given, a newly authored TS_VIDEO created with, say, TMPGENC and its author tool, is it possible to launch a TS_VIDEO (or TS_AUDIO) from files on the harddrive? I have not found any viewer (such as PowerDVD) that recognizes and launches the grouped files. No problem launching them from a burned DVD but what about other media? If this is an ISO standard, is there a workaround? Thanks and Danke.

Minion  2003-08-31 22:35:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you got it Backwords, It isn"t "TS_Video folder" it is a "Video_TS Folder" and you can Run a Video_TS Folder from the Hard drive useing PowerDVD or WinDVD, There is a Button in Power DVD that lets you Choose "Open DVD Folders on your Hard drive" or "Open Media Files on your Hard Drive" if you choose "Open DVD Folders on your Hard drive" then you navigate to the "Video_TS Folder" Then PowerDVD will Play the Video_TS Folder like it were a DVD But WinDVD seems better at Playing Video_TS folders...Cheers

ashy  2003-08-31 22:48:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As long as the VIDEO_TS folder has all the required files contained I.E (VTS_01_0.IFO, VIDEO_TS.IFO and VOBS E.T.C) then you can play it directly from the folder with WinDVD or you can just directly load the VOBS into the playlist in the order you want them played.

If the folder isn't in the correct format you can use IFOedit to create a VIDEO_TS folder from the VOBS which will play no problem in WinDVD.

You should also be able to load the VOBS into the playlist on PowerDVD, I can't tell you how because I don't have it on my system at the moment.

Near2Far  2003-09-01 00:03:26 ( ID:babxfcosxgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's my problem, I'm dyslexic. TS_VIDEO --> VIDEO_TS :}

No, seriously though, The starting point for this question was PowerDVD but the general question was about the standard for Video_TS. What is the STANDARD that requires me to make special adjustments and in only certain devices in order to launch a menued VOB set.

Let's say I want to watch a DVD stored on a non-DVD Media with, say, the Sigma Designs XCard (which is what I do now). That was my main goal.

Thanks.

Minion  2003-09-01 01:49:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory But I don"t Really understand this Question...For PowerDVD to Play a Video_TS Folder the Folder has to be a Compliant DVD Folder...This I don"t understand :<What is the STANDARD that requires me to make special adjustments and in only certain devices in order to launch a menued VOB set> ?? Are you trying to do something like use your Sigma Designs card as the Mpeg decoder for the Vob/Video_TS folders??? If this is what you are Trying to Do then I can"t help you as Hardware Mpeg Decoders aren"t used that Much anymore as Software decoders can use very little CPU and Still Produce a Good Decoded Image....

ashy  2003-09-01 18:13:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't uderstand either what you mean by:
>Let's say I want to watch a DVD stored on a non-DVD Media
How can you store a DVD on non DVD media it just wouldn't fit on any other media and what would be the point anyway even if it was small enough fit?

I can't really understand what your goal is, there is no point in storing VOB folders on any other media.
If you need to know what's the standard for a VIDEO_TS folder then just look at any DVD.

Question - TDA1 - Confirmed DVD Tool to work with Pioneer DVR-106 No.48718
deskgrunt  2003-08-31 21:31:13 ( ID:4niysfrh8vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tested DVD Author now and it works great for fast and simple menus!

Just want you to know that the DVD-writing tool also works with Pioneer DVR-106/A06. I have tested DVD-R at 4x and DVD+RW sofar.

Also, burning in Nero 6 with DVD-Video template seems to have some issues when playing the dvd on a PC (in PowerDVD). I can play the first menu's and tracks but halfway through it gives me an error about "scratched disc".

Using the DVD Authors writing tool fixes this and it plays fine in PowerDVD.

The reports about chapter points causing skips in a movie is a bit troubling though... I hope you can fix this!

Question - TDA1 - Export edited video No.48715
dbakker  2003-08-31 16:27:44 ( ID:e.c4mmozs8l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The menus for this iw worthless (never worked right) but the editing is great. Is there a way to export just the edited mpeg video so I can write the menus with a different program that works?

B_Racer  2003-09-01 14:47:45 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sure, create a TitleSet without Men27Ô. Put the VOBs together as MPEG2-Files (Smartripper can do this).

william  2003-09-08 10:19:38 ( ID:n2mkjczjyx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From "Source setup" select "Add DVD video".
Scroll to the VIDEO_TS folder and highlight it.
When Wizard appears click "Next".
Uncheck "Reading chapter information" and check "Copy the clip video data to HDD".
Select a folder to save the file in and click "Ok".
After TMPGEnc DVD Author has finished copying the MPG file to HD close it down.
Open up your favourite Authoring program - load in the MPG created by TDA and create your menu's.

Bug report - TDA1 - some terrible errors in DVD-Author 1.5.13.44 No.48714
noname  2003-08-31 11:37:31 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are still some errors in authoring with TDA.

If I set chapter-points TDA compiles layer breaks. This is terrible, cause many DVD-Players stop seamless playback at layer-breaks, search for new entrypoint and playback again. There is a pause of about one or two seconds.

Chapters must be compiled as cell-breaks.

The Menustructur in the ifo-files every time is compiled as NTSC. In europe we have PAL-sources and menus. This entry is to be compiled the same way as the source by the way.

Menues always compiled as panscan and letterboxed. So i Have tu manually unset them.

For the Moment TDA is un anproduktive tool, because I have to recompile the layoutet DVD with ifo-edit in the right way.

I see no way to spend my money for such an unproduktive tool.

Question - TE25 - What is the source aspect? No.38864
Gunslinger  2003-08-31 10:02:34 ( ID:v92qlnrpeeh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At first I thought this configured the output file aspect. I don't think so. When I load up a source video clip to be encoded, TMPG automatically selects a source aspect for me. This setting only makes a small difference in the output video file right? My guess is that it sort of helps with the encoding and slight improves quality.

ashy  2003-08-31 12:44:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What?

The source aspect ratio is VERY important, if you don't get this set right your image just won't look right and will be distorted in some way (I.E stretched or compressed), it has nothinfg to do with hepling with encoding or improving the quality.
It's function is to make sure that your image is displayed correctly.
No matter what output aspect ratio you choose the input ratio should be set relating to the source.

For example either 4:3 or 16:9 in most cases. DVD is 16:9 and some AVI's, full screen sources are usually 4:3. Don't trust TMPG to set the source aspect ratio correctly as it very often gets it wrong.
Anyway it's not hard to tell which one it is, just set the source aspect ratio to whatever you think it should be and check it with the preview option - File>Preview, if looks right then your ok, if not change it until it does.

As for the output, if you are making VCD/SVCD then it should be 4:3 regardless of the input. If it's for DVD then 16:9 is usually most appropiate.

Question - TE25 - TMPG close when starting to encode on XP No.38862
LG  2003-08-31 09:56:46 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG is able to start up on my Windows XP system. However, when I trigger an encoding task, it simply close totally; not in the task manager at all. Any advice? Thanks.

VideoGuy  2003-09-02 16:58:12 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have experienced this problem before on a Win 2k machine. TMPGEnc is crashing most likely due to a codec problem. It might help if tried to reinstall the particular codec. If you post what codec your file is encoded with perhaps we could give a more specific answer.

VideoGuy

Question - TDA1 - DVD Author doesn"t recognize my Burner!!! No.48713
Minion  2003-08-31 05:14:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I folks I hav been trying to get DVD Author to Burn Video_TS Folders to DVD But it doesn"t see My Sony DRU 500A Burner, When I go into the Help files that Burner model shown there is the same model that I have But it doesn"t work on Mine....Does anyone know how to get It to work....Cheers

Bug report - TDA1 - "The video GOP is too long" on VCD-MPG created with TMPGEnc Plus No.48710
9ral4f  2003-08-30 12:08:10 ( ID:1vxod1c3a1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Got warning "The video GOP is too long" while importing an MPG into DVD Author 1.5.13.44. Strange: the MPG was created with TMPGEnc Plus 2.513.53.162 and *standard profile* (Project Wizard/Video-CD/PAL/Standard-VBR).

B_Racer  2003-08-30 20:31:38 ( ID:sb3fayfks3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you realy used the Standard-Template, it must be OK.
But you wrote Standard-VBR. VBR isn't alowed for VCD-Format-Videos on DVD. They have to be encodet in CBR (max Bitrate 1850 kbps Audio+Video).

9ral4f  2003-08-30 22:25:37 ( ID:1vxod1c3a1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I *meant* CBR. I used the wizard, there is no VBR entry.

The DVD plays fine, though. Older versions of DVD Author did not give this warning...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.