Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 485 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How to buy TMPEG in Europe? Gast 5 2003-05-07 18:32:43
Question TE25 how to create true VideoCD mpeg Yurii VO 2 2003-05-08 10:33:14
Question TE25 how to create true VideoCD mpeg Yurii VO 1 2003-05-07 10:49:13
Free talk TE25 Video/Audio Source problem Kgforce 6 2003-05-09 23:13:43
Question TE25 movement jumpy on encoded movie david uk 3 2003-05-05 21:05:19
Request TE25 Can you make DVDAuthor accept out of specs mpeg? Jeroen 14 2003-05-10 10:31:54
Question TE25 Unknown Error :( T()rnAD() 2 2003-05-07 22:49:47
Bug report TE25 TMPG DVD Author John Beale 0 2003-05-04 19:19:41
Question TE25 AVISynth & Studio 8 AndrewB 2 2003-05-06 17:31:58
Question TE25 how do i make dual sound vcd? Nick 2 2003-05-04 21:12:25
Question TE25 Upgrade yamyam 1 2003-05-04 21:06:52
Question TE25 How to Convert from SVCD to VCD? JamesX 6 2003-05-06 05:08:04

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 485 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How to buy TMPEG in Europe? No.36729
Gast  2003-05-05 17:06:30 ( ID:.pihjhfjrt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

is there any possibility to buy TMPEG Plus from Europe? I think Eurocard, Visa is not the real sollution! There are many users out of europe which whant to buy this program, but they could not....

cu

Ashy  2003-05-05 20:07:25 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you talking about?
You can pay by most major credit cards and debit cards. VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover. Surely you have at least one of these or do you not even have a bank account!

Ashy  2003-05-05 20:14:25 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you talking about?
You can pay by most major credit cards and debit cards. VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover. Surely you have at least one of these or do you not even have a bank account!

Gast  2003-05-06 05:28:15 ( ID:.pihjhfjrt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, not everybody have one of these credit cards an so, they could not buy thos programm. Is pegasys-inc not interesstet in new users from europe?

There is no shop in germany, who provide this program.

Febre  2003-05-06 07:26:06 ( ID:m32qod1f1vr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Visa, MC, Amex, and Discover are American bank issued credit cards and are not always used world wide as most North American's are lead to believe in those lame Visa commercials.

Ashy  2003-05-07 18:32:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Visa is a worldwide issued/accepted card and is used on most credit/debit cards in Europe. Just as I and many others have over here in the UK.

If you have a current bank account 99% of those people should at least have some sort of debit/credit card and most of those include Visa.

How else do you expect to pay for the software? Send a cheque to Japan maybe?

If you don't have a Credit/debit card then I'm afraid you are in the minority. I would have a word with your bank if I was you.

Question - TE25 - how to create true VideoCD mpeg No.36726
Yurii VO  2003-05-05 15:58:37 ( ID:tf2wgevr8j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I create true VideoCD mpeg file with TMPGEnc? When I play mpeg by software player in my PC - all is ok, but my VideoCD player play it with jerky (movie turn back at some frame approx every one second). Original VideoCD disk my player play with no problem. With avi2vcd by John Schlichthe I able to create true VideoCD mpeg that played in my VideoCD player correctly.
I try to use Wizard for creating PAL VideoCD, try to use template VideoCD (PAL) and have same bad result. I think that may be problem in GOP structure parameters or Quantize matrix but not sure.
Does anybody have the same problem?

Yurii

Ashy  2003-05-05 20:25:32 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There could be a few reasons for this.

The first could be because you are changing the frame rate of your original source when encoding.

The second is an authoring problem. Are you making sure you are selecting VCD burning mode in your burning software or are you just burning a raw MPEG on to the disk?

Third could be that you are splitting the final MPEG in to 2 parts but are not selecting the correct stream type (MPEG-1 Video CD)

My guess is that you have altered the frame rate of the original. Post the frame rate and file type of the original source here.

Yurii VO  2003-05-08 10:33:14 ( ID:tf2wgevr8j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>There could be a few reasons for this.
>
>The first could be because you are changing the frame rate of your original source when encoding.
>
No, I don't change original frame rate (25 fps). I try to convert the same original source (.avi file with 25 fps) with TMPGEnc, avi2vcd by John Schlichthe and now with old Xing MPEG Encoder. Unfortunately, only with TMPGEnc I have the problem.

>The second is an authoring problem. Are you making sure you are selecting VCD burning mode in your burning software or are you just burning a raw MPEG on to the disk?
>
For authoring I use VCDEasy and try to create disk with this 3 MPEG files encoded by different encoders. And I have the problem only with TMPGEnc encoded stream

>Third could be that you are splitting the final MPEG in to 2 parts but are not selecting the correct stream type (MPEG-1 Video CD)
>
No, I don't split the MPEG

>My guess is that you have altered the frame rate of the original. Post the frame rate and file type of the original source here.
>
.avi file with 25 fps, I try to encode any other source and have the same problem

May be this is my VideoCD hardware problem, but why other MPEGs played correctly?

Yurii

Question - TE25 - how to create true VideoCD mpeg No.36724
Yurii VO  2003-05-05 15:33:25 ( ID:tf2wgevr8j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I create true VideoCD mpeg file with TMPGEnc? When I play mpeg by software player in my PC - all is ok, but my VideoCD player play it with jerky (movie turn back at some frame approx every one second). Original VideoCD disk my player play with no problem. With avi2vcd by John Schlichthe I able to create true VideoCD mpeg that played in my VideoCD player correctly.
I try to use Wizard for creating PAL VideoCD, try to use template VideoCD (PAL) and have same bad result. I think that may be problem in GOP structure parameters or Quantize matrix but not sure.
Does anybody have the same problem?

Yurii

supreme87  2003-05-07 10:49:13 ( ID:wjct1mllawh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have got the same problem, I also have tried different, settings, like everything in high quality, but I used the same frame rate, but I still am having the problems, If you get any answer, please, let me know.

thank you,

supreme87

Free talk - TE25 - Video/Audio Source problem No.36717
Kgforce  2003-05-05 14:34:14 ( ID:91dn1rmjsil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I try to put an mpeg2 video and audio source in, it says "cannot open or unsupported." I do not understand why it is doing this. I have Divx installed for codec. I have changed my Direct Show Multimedia File Reader from -1 to 2. What do I need to do to fix the problem?

Ashy  2003-05-05 15:27:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG2 has nothing to do with DIVX. DIVX is AVI.
You need to install an MPEG2 codec.

Klaus Piemont  2003-05-05 17:50:37 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Demultiplex the mpg stream using the MPEG Tools into the elementary streams (*.m2v and *.mp2) first. You should be able to load the resulting streams in TMpgEnc without problem. Works at least for me in this way.
Regards, Klaus

Ashy  2003-05-05 20:36:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That will only work if you have a compatible MPEG2 codec installed either from a standalone codec such as the M2v plugin or from a PC DVD player such as PowerDVD.

Try this
http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box?systran_lp=ja_en&systran_id=SystranSoft-en&systran_url=http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/&systran_f=1052163123

Khalid  2003-05-09 22:16:41 ( ID:9rkisk7t182 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What about if the mpeg2-file opens and runs fine in the media player but TMPEG sais that it's unsupported?!

This does mean that I already have the right code, doesn't it?!

Khalid  2003-05-09 22:33:36 ( ID:9rkisk7t182 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What about if the mpeg2-file opens and runs fine in the media player but TMPEG sais that it's unsupported?!
>
>This does mean that I already have the right code, doesn't it?!

Or could it be the filesize? (6 GB!)

Ashy  2003-05-09 23:13:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What about if the mpeg2-file opens and runs fine in the media player but TMPEG sais that it's unsupported?!

Nope, not necessarily. TMPG only works with certain supported MPEG2 codecs. Just because media player can access the codec it doesn't mean TMPG can.

Just download the above codec and put it in you TMPG folder. If necessary demux the MPEG first.

Question - TE25 - movement jumpy on encoded movie No.36713
david uk  2003-05-05 14:32:00 ( ID:1bqarpj25br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i encode certain xvid movies i get a lot of error messages.to get past this i raise the direct show file reader to +1 and i can encode the movie.the problem is, when i try to watch the movie the motion is very jumpy,like there are frames missing or something.i tried to encode the vcd at 30 fps but it's still not much better.Any suggestions?

Ashy  2003-05-05 15:33:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have probably changed the frame rate. What is the frame rate of the original? It needs to be the same as the output.

daviduk  2003-05-05 15:48:30 ( ID:1bqarpj25br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i normally leave the frame rate at 25 fps,but the movement is still jumpy,the source file says it is 23 fps.but when tmpeg encodes some xvid files succesfully i don't have any prolems with the movement of the image,the other xvid files have been less than 25 fps.with the direct show filter set at -1 the vcd is fine but +1 always makes the movement jumpy.

Ashy  2003-05-05 21:05:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your source is 23fps and your output is 25 fps then this is your problem.
You cannot encode 23fps to 25fps as this will cause jerky playback. TMPG is not able to do correct frame rate conversion. There are ways however to do this correctly.

As for your problem importing XVID files. Download and install FFDSHOW.

Request - TE25 - Can you make DVDAuthor accept out of specs mpeg? No.36698
Jeroen  2003-05-05 10:27:54 ( ID:dhr.mp902ba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I tried DVD author to edit mpeg-2 files which I derive directly from my satellite receiver.
704x574 is possible (only the datarate is too high but i convert this later)
But other porgrmas use 544x576 for example and then it is not possible to load the file. Of course, you cannot make directly a DVD out of this but with DVDx you can encode the "dvd" which DVDAuthor makes. Thus making this program handy for me, if I could bypass this error message and let it accept any mpeg2-format.
Would be worth it I guess.

Ashy  2003-05-05 12:13:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You could try patching the headers to 704x576 using DVD patcher.
Even if it then allows the MPEG to be accepted I doubt it will play correctly in your DVD player.
544x576 is not a standard resolution for DVD or any other format I can think of and cannot understand why any program would use this strange resolution in the first place.

Klaus Piemont  2003-05-05 14:15:39 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I second jeromes request. I often got such formats as 480 * 576 PAL from DVB-S.
Using IFOEDIT I could produce a DVD Image from it which burns well and could be played from the DVD Player and also WinDVD without any problem.
Unfortunaly IFOEDIT is limited when authoring more than one movie and lacks any support for menu and (graphical)chapter editing.
I like the DVD Author already very much since it provides exactly the functions I want and no gimmiks I haven't any use for.
The ONLY wish would be the possibility to suppress the DVD conformation checks when outputting. A simple (use it at your own risk)command line switch would do the job for me.
Or to get it from the other side: Why do you allow to input and process a movie in such a format when you already know that you won't allow the output from it ? 8-)

Great Program Anyway.

Regards, Klaus

Ashy  2003-05-05 15:47:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason why DVDauthor or any other DVd authoring program for that matter won't let you import out of spec files is simply because these programs are designed for producing fully compatible DVD's.
480x576, 544x576 is simply out of spec and will not create a DVD that conforms to spec and thus will be rejected by the program.

I think it is pointless asking the author to alter his program as I'm sure he intends the program to be fully compatible and doesn't want to cause himself headaches by people complaining that DVD's don't play correctly in their players all because the program allowed out of spec MPEG's to be impoerted.

If you want to import out of spec files at your own risk than use DVD patcher to patch the headers to the correct resolution. It should then be accepted.

Klaus Piemont  2003-05-05 17:26:37 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,
I know that the DVD Patcher Procedure works but the disadvantage is that
the stills used to build the menu and chapter entries are shown in a horizontal compressed way with one third of the picture on the right side just black.

BTW. Your statement "The reason why DVDauthor or any other DVd authoring program for that matter won't let you import out of spec files..." is not correct.
DVDauthor LET me IMPORT the files. I can do work with them and the stills are correctly expanded to their correct aspect ratio. Only the EXPORT to the image directory fails with an error message. Most of other programs I have tested so far also allow the import of such files, which is logicaly since they are normaly able to reencode the stream (some of the programs do it brute force anyway). DVDauthor won't do any reencoding and it would be prefectly reasonable to prevent the IMPORT with an error message in this program. But this isn't done. Instead it shows me that it could do anything I want from it with my stream and only in the very final stage one gets the slap in the face. That's a bit depressing.

Regards, Klaus

Ashy  2003-05-05 20:59:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Most of other programs I have tested so far also allow the import of such files, which is logicaly since they are normaly able to re-encode the stream (some of the programs do it brute force anyway).

What I meant is that that most DVD authoring programs will not let you build a compatible image from the imported file for burning directly. Of course most will let you import it, but will then re-encode it. What is the point of that I ask you?

There is no program I know of that will import, build and burn an out of spec MPEG without some sort of tinkering with the file first to fool the program or re-encoding.

wcpaul  2003-05-05 21:32:57 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try DVDLab from mediachance.com. It is not for sale in its final version yet but claims to accept any Mpeg you are willing to try.

By the way, this program looks like it will be the TMPGEnc of DVD authoring. Enter the following directly in your browser for download and look for the DVDLab "Help files" on their website.

http://www.mediachance.com/files/dvdlabup0505.exe

Another solution is to use DVD2AVI/AVISynth to resize and then reencode with TMPGEnc. I am getting some incredible results from 1080i and 720p HDTV broadcast Mpeg (but that is only after a LOT of work on interlace conversion and audio sync issues).

Minion  2003-05-05 21:36:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just remember if you use DVD Patcher to Patch the header Back to it"s original specs after the VOB files have been made, Cuz they will not play if the Files have the wrong Header.....

Ashy  2003-05-05 22:53:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good point Minion.

Klaus Piemont  2003-05-06 08:08:53 ( ID:b1zkljuz3el )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Try DVDLab from mediachance.com.

wcpaul,
thanks a lot for the link. I visted the site recently to have a look at DVD Menu but overlooked the DVDLab stuff. Just tried it and it works.

Thank you again and best regards,
Klaus

Jeroen  2003-05-06 13:32:58 ( ID:dhr.mp902ba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Klaus thanx for notifying me. Will try it when I have time.

I also tried this tric with DVD-Patcher but this does not work.

About non-standard formats: I guess most DVD players use the same chipsets like DVB broadcast receivers (satellite, cable or terrestrial).
The MPEG2 DVB spec is much more tolerant towards picture size and bitrates.
So it is no secret that DVB-compliant files actually play, sometimes with pan&scan problems but that is a software issue of the dvd player.

I have tried 544*576 and some other formats as SVCD. If you trick out the player by settin the first frame as 480*576 2600 bps you get picture and in the good format for some seconds. But then the player hangs, i guess some buffer overflow.

Of course it is better to make standard vcd/svcd/dvd out of a recorded transmission.
Since the encoding takes a lot of time, I prefer to cut first the part out which I want, and later encode this.

That is why editing non-dvd compliant files is interesting as well.
There are hundreds of tv channels which can be streamed using a PCI-satellite card or a Nokia decoder and this becomes more and more common in the future, when cable systems also start using dvb-mpeg2.
So it is not only interesting to remove the dvd-compliant restriction, but also add some export functions for mpeg2 dvb streams!!

B_Racer  2003-05-06 16:32:16 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD-Patcher: You have to Patch the entire File, not only the first Header.

Both of my Players (Afreey LD2060, Denon DVD3000) are able to play 480x576(480) from DVD, but both are unable to play the 528 oder 544 sized Videos.

And the bigger Problem are Mixed resolutions and Audio-Formats on one DVD. TMPGEnc DVD Author and also DVDLab are unable to create correct DVDs out of that (tried to Mix 704x576 with AC3 and 352x576 with MPEG2-Audio).

Here's the best solution for DVDs like that: SpruceUp with a patched Supportlibs.dll! After patching the dll, SpruceUp accepts any Format (but Audio has to be converted to 48kHz). :)

How to Patch: Use a Hex-Editor like Hex-Works.
Open supportlibs.dll
Search for: 74 CE 5F 32 C0
Replace it with: 74 CE 5F B0 01
Save the dll, be happy.

Ashy  2003-05-10 01:54:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I think I have a solution to using out of spec MPEGs such as 480x480 or 480x576 with TMPG DVD author.

You will need an exact copy of the MPEG you wish to use then use DVD patcher to patch one of them to 720x576. Import this one into TMPG. When it comes to the menu's and chapters select the unpatched MPEG(480x576 or 480x480). This then prevents the problem of the green bar at the right hand side of the menu and the squished images.

Then just continue and create the VOBs as normal.

After authoring don't forget to patch just the main VOBS back to 480x...

SatDVD  2003-05-10 05:30:39 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) Just another voice to ask for DVD Author to accept non standard DVD resolutions!!! Warn the use but let it continue. Have an advanced user option.

Now we have to patch the header to DVD specs for it to work.

The resulting DVDs do play fine on many DVD players and all PC players. Even play fine on the latest Sony DVD player without patching back the VOBs.

2) The current menus are very limited, allow for more user control, background music etc. I'd like the option for a single menu showing all chapters, etc.

3) I also think the cost is high, given the limited menu control. An introductory price of $39US would bring a lot more customers, could be increased as things improve.

Anyhow, great start!

Ashy  2003-05-10 10:31:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, lets get the window displays sorted out.
I use an 800x600 resolution, but this cuts off some of the options in certain windows. I.E. when editing a clip.
At least add a button so the page can be maximized to whatever resolution the user is using. Not all of us have fantastic eyesight and use tiny resolutions.

Question - TE25 - Unknown Error :( No.36695
T()rnAD()  2003-05-04 23:17:04 ( ID:fzjtyjmdlt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Please Need Help!! I have been using the Free trial version of TMPGEnc and used it to create MPEG-1 Video Streams for VCD Creation. When the MPEG-2 creation trial ended my MPEG-1 stream stopped working too!!

It crashes out with an <unkown> error before the encoding starts! Could this be happening because of codec conflicts or is it settings or what?? A bit new to the world of VCD encoding so any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanx!!

Minion  2003-05-06 05:05:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Probably haveing some sort of problem that has nothing to do with the Mpeg2 encodeing running out, What is the "Unknown" Error??? and Does this Happen with every file you try to encode or just this one file???and anything else you can think of..

T()rnAD()  2003-05-07 22:49:47 ( ID:fzjtyjmdlt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for the reply Minion, Reinstalled the new Gordian Knot pack which includes updated programs and stuff and it seems to be running smoothly, When all else fails... Reinstall :)

Bug report - TE25 - TMPG DVD Author No.36694
John Beale  Home )  2003-05-04 19:19:41 ( ID:cuevac9oqf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGEnc DVD Author Trial, v1.0.4.22 on Win2000. Mostly it works well, just a few issues with chapters.

My project has only one video asset, a system stream MPEG made by multiplexing M2V file, CBR 7000kbps (from TMPGEnc) with AC3 48 kHz stereo (2/0) at 192 kbps from Vegas 4. This works fine. I loaded this into DVD Author and created chapter points by manually placing chapters. This works fine.

PROBLEM: When I delete a chapter in the middle, it shifts the reported timecode of all later chapters, so I have to redo everything. ALSO (minor) the "displayed chapter settings" in the menu page, timecode is 1-3 frames earlier than it was on the chapter creation page. For example Ch.5 was 00:07:39;20 on the chapter edit page, but shows as 00:07:39;19 from menu settings. Ch.25 is 1:02:02;18 in source setup but shows as 1:02:02;17 from menu settings. Is this from drop-frame vs. non-drop-frame? Mostly it does agree exactly.

FEATURE SUGGESTION: it would be very nice to be able to import and export all chapter points from a text file, just a list for example
00:04:43;14
00:10:21;28
00:13:33;02
...etc.
Unless I do fancy menus, creating chapters is the most time-consuming part of my authoring process. This would help a lot. Otherwise, great program!

Question - TE25 - AVISynth & Studio 8 No.36691
AndrewB  2003-05-04 18:22:26 ( ID:tz8nzzv6lho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've just installed AVISynth on XP to try to get it to convert a Studio 8 DV .avi file from PAL to NTSC - but AVISynth gives an error "AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc dvsd"

Anyone got any ideas :)

Minion  2003-05-04 21:14:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe your DV File is Type 1 DV, you need Type 2 DV and a VFW DV Codec to use AVISynth to open DV Files...

AndrewB  2003-05-06 17:31:58 ( ID:tz8nzzv6lho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion - many thanks :) I've found out Pinnacle's DV codec is a DirectShow AVI2 (rather than VFW) - so I've downloaded the Canopus DV File Convertor (which claims to be lossless) and converted it to Premiere compatible Canopus DV and AVISynth now sees it fine ...

Question - TE25 - how do i make dual sound vcd? No.36688
Nick  2003-05-04 17:01:55 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
i would like to know how to make a dual sound vcd? i have this dvd which have 2 languages in it and i wish to convert it to vcd.. i have both tracks on 2 separate wav files.. wish to combine them and make a dual sound vcd
meaning 1 language on right track another on the other track
but tmpgenc only allows selection of 1 audio track.. how do i make a dual sound file for use in tmpgenc so that the vcd made will have dual sound?
pls advise..

Ashy  2003-05-04 21:10:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download an audio editor such as Golwave or cooledit.

Minion  2003-05-04 21:12:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCD only supports one audio Track, You can Probably make it Dual Chanell were the Left Chanell is one language and the Right chanell is another language and you would have to Pan to the Left side for one language and to the Right for another language But the audio would be in Mono, To do this you would need an audio editor and then use each language track to make up a Duall Chanell audio track, But I don"t exactly know how you would go about doing this, I believe SVCD supports 2 audio tracks....

Question - TE25 - Upgrade No.36686
yamyam  2003-05-04 13:24:48 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I registered my copy of tmpg v 2.510 (not installer version), but how do i upgrade to 2.511 without re registering, i unzip it & all i get is the register screen on the website it says just unzip & run the program so how do i register it because my serial for 2.150 doesnt work for 2.511.

Thanks

Minion  2003-05-04 21:06:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I guess you weren"t intitled to a Upgrade then, if you are it should just install over the old version or your Serial should work in the new version and if it doesn"t then all I can say is to contact the Tech support at the Pegasus Web site and ask them if you fell you are entitled to an upgrade...

Question - TE25 - How to Convert from SVCD to VCD? No.36679
JamesX  2003-05-02 22:22:07 ( ID:7p8z2putkxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wanted to convert a SVCD into VCD format, so I copied the mpg data file from the mpeg2 folder onto the HD and tried to encode it into a NTSC VCD file using TMpgEnc. The program works for a short while, gets to frame 5000-ish, then freezes. Does anyone know why?

Minion  2003-05-03 06:50:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it freezes then there is Probably a error in the Mpeg file that causes it to Freeze, This can happen with files sometimes if they are ripped off of a CD, What I would do is Get DVD2AVI and Make a D2V project File and Frameserve the Mpeg2/SVCD File to Tmpgenc, if DVD2AVI can make the Project file then Tmpgenc should be able to encode it without a Problem....

JamesX  2003-05-03 22:07:17 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion :) I'll try that.

JamesX  2003-05-04 04:52:02 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I tried, the program won't even open the Mpeg file. The program I tried it the Max DVD 2 AVI converter. It didn't give me an option to do a D2V project file. I copied mpeg files from the SVCD directly, the mpg files play fine in Media player. Did I use the right program?

Minion  2003-05-04 07:51:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory But you got the Wrong Program, I guess i Should have left a Link to it or Something, get it here :http://www.pilatus.nysa.ws/zipy/DVD2AVI_176.zip , Load your File into that and Go to "file" to "Save Project" and it will Make a "D2V" file and a "Mpa" or "mp2", load the "d2v" file into tmpgenc as the Video Choose "Video Only" as "Stream Type" Then encode it to a Mpeg Video File then use the "Simple Multimpex" in the "File" to "Mpeg Tools" Menu, and Load the Mpeg Video and the "Mpa or Mp2" audio file in and click "Run" it will Then join the Audio to the Video and you will have a Mpeg1 VCD File, If you want to you can load the Mpa file in with the D2V but that will give you Bad audio Quality....

JamesX  2003-05-06 01:17:04 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, that worked like a charm :)

The only problem is that after multiplexing Nero says it is not a perfectly compliant file. I just rencoded it again to make it compliant. But overall it worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Minion  2003-05-06 05:08:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whatever you do Don"t let Nero Re-encode the file, All you Probably had to Do was use the "Mpeg2/SVCD" Setting while Multiplexing instead of the Plain "Mpeg2" setting, You probably could have burned it anyway and it would have played OK, the reason why you don"t let Nero encode Is Because it will Totally give you Bad Quality...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.