Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 499 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 subtitles in tmpgence!! john 0 2003-04-10 00:14:58
Question TE25 Encoded file times doubles original file PZcolo 1 2003-04-10 21:13:39
Question TE25 still having sound problems bigjeffy 2 2003-04-10 21:16:26
Question TE25 TMPGEnc displays wrong fps when .avi is loaded MeMeMe 2 2003-04-10 01:59:36
Question TE25 DVD authoring russ 1 2003-04-09 17:49:38
Question TE25 Audio Drops Out retroperv 6 2003-04-12 13:57:08
Question TE25 Amd Athlon optimized settings? tp 0 2003-04-09 00:44:34
Question TE25 Computer Freezing when using tmpgenc AJ 1 2003-04-08 22:51:16
Question TE25 force picture type setting not working? sry 6 2003-04-09 19:46:01
Question TE25 Problem with converting AVI to MPEG-1 + GOP DDog 2 2003-04-08 18:50:37
Question TE25 can someone help please? lysangelle 1 2003-04-08 21:39:05
Question TE25 can i fix this glitch in my mpg-2 files? idaboy 0 2003-04-08 14:36:33

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 499 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - subtitles in tmpgence!! No.36202
john  2003-04-10 00:14:58 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YOOOO ash it didnt worked

tmpgence 2.53.35.130 plus..

settings >> directshow multi reader 2
tmpgence project reader 2.53 2
avi2opendml reader 1
wave file reader 1
avi vfw compat reader 1
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg reader 1

i'm using tmpgence for a long time now

but since a few days i cant encode movies with subs any more

i mean at the and of the movie subs disappear and suddenly come back

tmpgence 2.53.35.130 plus..

settings >> directshow multi reader 7
tmpgence project reader 2.53 7
avi2opendml reader 5
wave file reader 4
avi vfw compat reader 3
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg reader 3

vobsub 2.23
sldcodeck pack 3.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
john ( Mail ) 04/08 (Tue) 11:27 ( ID:ch3wja83ual ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
any1 ????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashy 04/08 (Tue) 12:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
Why in the hell do you have your filter priorities set so high?!

You very rarely have to even have any of the filters above 2 never mind anywhere near 7. Your settings are just crazy.

My advice to you is to first lower all those priorities. Change directshow to 2, and the rest to 0

ASHY

john ( Mail ) 04/09 (Wed) 03:09 ( ID:ch3wja83ual ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
OOh sorry i will try this hope it works

Question - TE25 - Encoded file times doubles original file No.36200
PZcolo  2003-04-09 23:46:07 ( ID:jbbqhvgyhdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My problem is, that when I try to encode some avi files and outpost them to avi but of lower resolution, the output file has the double of the original file playing time, and half of it is the one that belongs to the actual movie and the other is just a black screen. This happens a lot when doing this from DVD rips.
Is there a way to solve it?

Minion  2003-04-10 21:13:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are encodeing AVI files you are NOT encodeing DVD rips, DVD"s are ripped in either VOB format or Mpeg2 Format(M2V), What should work is to use the "Source Range" to set the beginning and end Points of the file you are encodeing...

Question - TE25 - still having sound problems No.36197
bigjeffy  2003-04-09 23:08:20 ( ID:xvdsonvzwnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried encoding with another program. Again sound worked fine before, but when I join with TEMPEnc, there is no sound. Please help! Why am I having these sound problems. I have made numberous movies without incident??????????

sani  2003-04-10 07:56:03 ( ID:osmmagdf0al )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have the same problem too. This seems to be a bug that renders the program useless. It's in the Plus version too I have paid for ! I only get a unsupported fileformat error, even for plain PCM wave files.

I tried the new freeware version and with this the sound works.

Minion  2003-04-10 21:16:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said you encoded the audio with a Seperate Program? What Program?? and you said you joined the audio in Tmpgenc and it wasn"t there?? How did you join the audio in Tmpgenc???

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc displays wrong fps when .avi is loaded No.36194
MeMeMe  2003-04-09 15:05:21 ( ID:jxeadtr1xkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys and gals.
When I load an .avi into TMPGEnc Plus 2.57 it always sees the framerate (displayed at the bottom of the main window) as 30 fps even if the .avi file is not 30 fps. I can load it into VirtualDub and choose "file information" and it is sometime 23.976 (NTSC film) or even 15 fps.
Yet when I reload the file into TMPGEnc it says it's 30 fps. It seems like it's stuck on that setting somehow.
This just started happening recently and it worked right before. It sees the resolution correctly but not the fps. How can I solve this. If this helps, I'm using WinXP.

Thank you.

Ashy  2003-04-09 17:48:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably have a template loaded. Just load the unlock.mcf template and change the frame rate to the one you want.

ASHY

MeMeMe  2003-04-10 01:59:36 ( ID:jxeadtr1xkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, no template is loaded. It just no longer sees the file as the correct framerate. Just a bug I guess. I guess I'm alright if I check the fps in VirtualDub first and load the correct template.
Thanks for you help anyway Ash!!!

Question - TE25 - DVD authoring No.36192
russ  2003-04-09 10:10:11 ( ID:maw9qtlmp4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need a DVD authoring software that can handle mp2 audio format. Can TMPGEnc do this?

Ashy  2003-04-09 17:49:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG canhandle MP2 but it is NOT DVD authoring software.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audio Drops Out No.36185
retroperv  2003-04-09 09:19:11 ( ID:zwskygmtpfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a problem with audio disappearing from files converted ny TMPGEnc. I'll start out with an AVI or VOB, and convert to VCD Compliant Mpeg. At some point, the audio will sometimes (but not all the time) just stop. Yes, the audio is normal in the orginals.

I'd appreciate any suggestions - Thanks

retroperv  2003-04-09 09:48:53 ( ID:zwskygmtpfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: This is not a WMP issue, the audio simply isnt there.

Minion  2003-04-09 21:47:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well First off you can"t just load a VOB file into Tmpgenc and expect the audio to be encoded, Vob files usually have more than One Audio track and Tmpgenc wouldn"t know which one you wanted and the audio in most VOB files from Retail DVD"s is AC3 and Tmpgenc will not usually decode AC3 audio...And a Lot of AVI files these days Have AC3 audio, usually DivX and XviD files and Tmpgenc can"t handle AC3 from AVI files either...With VOB files the Proper way to encode them is to use "DVD2AVI" to make a D2V Project file and a WAV audio files from the Audio, then encode the D2V file for the Video and the Wav file for the Audio...And for AVI files with AC3 audio or VBR MP3 audio you need to De-Mux the audio and uncompress it to Wav then use the Wav audio as the audio source, you can do this with "AVI-Mux-Gui".....

Ashy  2003-04-09 22:18:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>And for AVI files with AC3 audio or VBR MP3 audio you need to De-Mux the audio and uncompress it to Wav then use the Wav audio as the audio source, you can do this with "AVI-Mux-Gui

Minion what do you mean by this? This program CanNOT extract to wav audio.

This is the program called AVImux which can do this. http://dvdrip.kvalitne.cz/soft/video/Avimux%200.4.zip

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-09 22:21:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy and paste the whole link into the address bar of your browser.

ASHY

Minion  2003-04-10 21:19:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I meant AVI-Mux But I figured a Gui would be easier to use, But I just checked and the Gui doesn"t have the same Features as the Regular AVI-Mux, Thanx for letting me Know...

Ashy  2003-04-12 13:57:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVIMUX and AVImux-GUI are 2 completely different programs with nearly the same name, but both are GUI versions.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Amd Athlon optimized settings? No.36184
tp  2003-04-09 00:44:34 ( ID:s9klabmlvko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know any optimized settings for an Amd thunderbird 1.2ghz ?

Thanks in advance

Question - TE25 - Computer Freezing when using tmpgenc No.36182
AJ  2003-04-08 21:45:09 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can any one tell me why my PC freezes when encoding an AVI.file.
It happens at different times while encoding usualy in the first 20 min
My PC is an 1900 XP with plenty of hard drive space
I would appreciate any help .

Minion  2003-04-08 22:51:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"ve Been hearing This Quite a Bit with Athlon CPU"s, Don"t exactly know why accept that Maybe your CPU is OverHeating, One thing you can try is go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and Un-Check the "SSE-2" Box,This Might work cuz I hear there is a incompatibility between the Athlon SSE-2 and Tmpgenc..

Question - TE25 - force picture type setting not working? No.36175
sry  2003-04-08 20:54:40 ( ID:s.ndlupv1b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to set the GOP structure for my video. On the GOP structure tab of the template settings dialog, I click the "force picture type setting" box and click the "Settings" button. On the force picture type setting dialog I click the "Auto-setting" button. I run this with a sensitivitu of 100 and the IPB entries are in the box on the left. I click Ok but back on the template settings dialog the GOP structure is as it was before. Even if I click Ok again, go back to the main window and enter template settings again, the Gop strunture has not changed. I can not seem to get the GOP structure set to the values created by the Auto-setting button. What am I doing wrong? Thanks...

Scott

sry  2003-04-08 23:06:00 ( ID:s.ndlupv1b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One more piece of information - all of the items on the GOP Structure tab of the template settings dialog are grayed out and can not be changed. Thanks...

Scott

Minion  2003-04-09 06:31:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to set the Gop structure for every Frame in the Whole Movie manually??? I can not see any Advantage to this what so ever But I can see quite a Few Drawbacks...You shouldn"t have to set anything other than the amount of I ,P and B Frames and the Max Amount of frames in a GOP, The structure of the Rest of it is Determined by your Source file and the encoder, If you want certain Frames to be made I Frames so you can do Frame accurate Chaptering then you can use the "Forced Picture" setting so you can force Pictures to be encoded as I frames, But any other manipulation of the Gop structure will surely be detrimental to the Overall Quality of the Resulting Mpeg File...

sry  2003-04-09 14:21:32 ( ID:s.ndlupv1b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you...

Scott

sry  2003-04-09 15:03:12 ( ID:s.ndlupv1b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But I don't understand why I can't use the force picture settings window to set the GOP structure. Even if I just put in one I frame and press Ok, the GOP structure does not change. What is the purpose of this dialog if I can't change the GOP structure as I want? I understand that using the default GOP is the correct way to go but I want to test somethng with a complex GOP. Is this a bug in the program? Thanks...

Scott

Ashy  2003-04-09 18:28:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you actually know what the force picture type setting is for and what the auto setting does?
I think not.

The auto setting is simply to set I frames at scene changes. TMPG will then use the GOP structure that has been chosen to encode the movie using the set I frames and TMPG will adjust each GOPs length according to where the scene changes are detected.

The GOP structure display under the GOP tab has nothing to do with the Force picture setting.
This is the GOP structure TMPG will use to automatically handle the GOPs if you DONT set them manually in the Force picture setting.
No matter what you put in the Force picture setting this will NOT affect the settings displayed under the GOP stucture tab, but TMPG will not use these settings if you set the GOP structure manually for the whole movie.

For example lets just say you want to set your GOP stucture in the force picture setting to IBBBPBBBPBBPBBPBBBPBB. You would right click the frame where you want the pattern to start then choose 'deal selected frame by selected pattern' put your pattern into the box that pops up and TMPG will use this pattern for the frames you have chosen.

If you want to use the auto setting then you would either have to set the GOP structure under the GOP tab and TMPG would use this pattern along with your set I frames in the auto setting or you could manually enter the pattern your self.
Either way TMPG will only force the frames you have chosen in the force picture setting. All others will be encoded with the automatic GOP pattern settings.

ASHY

sry  2003-04-09 19:46:01 ( ID:s.ndlupv1b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY,

Thank you so much for your explanation. You are correct, I did not understand what these optioms really were doing.

Scott

Question - TE25 - Problem with converting AVI to MPEG-1 + GOP No.36172
DDog  2003-04-08 16:44:18 ( ID:x7ia./umv.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert my .avi file to .mpg file. I've done it successfully. But when I'm trying to make an entry (by enabling GOP) in the .mpg file to use in authoring VCD with chaptering, VCDEasy could find any of entry that I've made, why?

DDog  2003-04-08 16:46:15 ( ID:x7ia./umv.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correction: ... VCDEasy **couldn't** find ...

Ashy  2003-04-08 18:50:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>But when I'm trying to make an entry (by enabling GOP) in the .mpg file to use in authoring VCD with chaptering

What do you mean enabling GOP? Enable where? Chapter points are created at I frames, so what have you enabled and where?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - can someone help please? No.36170
lysangelle  2003-04-08 14:54:05 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone,

i downloaded that xvid movie that obstinately refuses to be converted.

Each time it reaches 17% i have an advice saying that the program is going to close because of an illegal operation.

I have the ffdshow installed, i uninstalled the windows media player 9 and got the older version back, my directshow setting is up to 2.
I tried fixing the file with divfix (it had a lot of errors offset and corrupted data)including cutting the bad parts.

Nothing worked. Arrrggghhhhhhh.
Can someone help please?
Thanks in advance from a very frustrated me.

Minion  2003-04-08 21:39:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried Useing "Virtual dub" to scan for errors then Mask the Bad Frames and Make a Copy of the File with the Bad Frames masked?? or instead of Makeing a Copy you can Just frameserve from V-Dub to Tmpgenc..But if the File is that Full of errors there might be little chance you you ever being able to convert this File Properly, But this is Quite common with Downloaded files...

Question - TE25 - can i fix this glitch in my mpg-2 files? No.36169
idaboy  2003-04-08 14:36:33 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try encoding to mpg2, it does everything perfectly fine, but when I play back the video, every 10 seconds or so the video glitches and it looks like it replaces a frame with one that came about 1/2 a second before. It really is quite annoying having the screen glitch every ten seconds, anybody else have this problem or knows how to fix it?

idaboy

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.