Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 486 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 how do i make dual sound vcd? Nick 2 2003-05-04 21:12:25
Question TE25 Upgrade yamyam 1 2003-05-04 21:06:52
Question TE25 How to Convert from SVCD to VCD? JamesX 6 2003-05-06 05:08:04
Question TE25 PAL to NTSC? metazai 5 2003-05-05 15:25:43
Question TE25 help needed omry 1 2003-05-03 10:07:30
Question TE25 VCD on TV problem TAUhk 3 2003-05-03 06:45:30
Question TE25 audio sych lupy 1 2003-05-02 20:26:36
Question TE25 Doesn't work Fixinit1970 2 2003-05-05 15:57:38
Question TE25 help needed omry 4 2003-05-03 13:13:04
Question TE25 re: codecs haraskins 1 2003-05-02 02:25:23
Bug report TE25 Batch encode leaves short clip Hunter44 0 2003-05-01 16:17:37
Question TE25 Xvid changes Divx 1 2003-05-01 21:29:24

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 486 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - how do i make dual sound vcd? No.36688
Nick  2003-05-04 17:01:55 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
i would like to know how to make a dual sound vcd? i have this dvd which have 2 languages in it and i wish to convert it to vcd.. i have both tracks on 2 separate wav files.. wish to combine them and make a dual sound vcd
meaning 1 language on right track another on the other track
but tmpgenc only allows selection of 1 audio track.. how do i make a dual sound file for use in tmpgenc so that the vcd made will have dual sound?
pls advise..

Ashy  2003-05-04 21:10:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download an audio editor such as Golwave or cooledit.

Minion  2003-05-04 21:12:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCD only supports one audio Track, You can Probably make it Dual Chanell were the Left Chanell is one language and the Right chanell is another language and you would have to Pan to the Left side for one language and to the Right for another language But the audio would be in Mono, To do this you would need an audio editor and then use each language track to make up a Duall Chanell audio track, But I don"t exactly know how you would go about doing this, I believe SVCD supports 2 audio tracks....

Question - TE25 - Upgrade No.36686
yamyam  2003-05-04 13:24:48 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I registered my copy of tmpg v 2.510 (not installer version), but how do i upgrade to 2.511 without re registering, i unzip it & all i get is the register screen on the website it says just unzip & run the program so how do i register it because my serial for 2.150 doesnt work for 2.511.

Thanks

Minion  2003-05-04 21:06:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I guess you weren"t intitled to a Upgrade then, if you are it should just install over the old version or your Serial should work in the new version and if it doesn"t then all I can say is to contact the Tech support at the Pegasus Web site and ask them if you fell you are entitled to an upgrade...

Question - TE25 - How to Convert from SVCD to VCD? No.36679
JamesX  2003-05-02 22:22:07 ( ID:7p8z2putkxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wanted to convert a SVCD into VCD format, so I copied the mpg data file from the mpeg2 folder onto the HD and tried to encode it into a NTSC VCD file using TMpgEnc. The program works for a short while, gets to frame 5000-ish, then freezes. Does anyone know why?

Minion  2003-05-03 06:50:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it freezes then there is Probably a error in the Mpeg file that causes it to Freeze, This can happen with files sometimes if they are ripped off of a CD, What I would do is Get DVD2AVI and Make a D2V project File and Frameserve the Mpeg2/SVCD File to Tmpgenc, if DVD2AVI can make the Project file then Tmpgenc should be able to encode it without a Problem....

JamesX  2003-05-03 22:07:17 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion :) I'll try that.

JamesX  2003-05-04 04:52:02 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I tried, the program won't even open the Mpeg file. The program I tried it the Max DVD 2 AVI converter. It didn't give me an option to do a D2V project file. I copied mpeg files from the SVCD directly, the mpg files play fine in Media player. Did I use the right program?

Minion  2003-05-04 07:51:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory But you got the Wrong Program, I guess i Should have left a Link to it or Something, get it here :http://www.pilatus.nysa.ws/zipy/DVD2AVI_176.zip , Load your File into that and Go to "file" to "Save Project" and it will Make a "D2V" file and a "Mpa" or "mp2", load the "d2v" file into tmpgenc as the Video Choose "Video Only" as "Stream Type" Then encode it to a Mpeg Video File then use the "Simple Multimpex" in the "File" to "Mpeg Tools" Menu, and Load the Mpeg Video and the "Mpa or Mp2" audio file in and click "Run" it will Then join the Audio to the Video and you will have a Mpeg1 VCD File, If you want to you can load the Mpa file in with the D2V but that will give you Bad audio Quality....

JamesX  2003-05-06 01:17:04 ( ID:0gzaacuhb2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, that worked like a charm :)

The only problem is that after multiplexing Nero says it is not a perfectly compliant file. I just rencoded it again to make it compliant. But overall it worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Minion  2003-05-06 05:08:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whatever you do Don"t let Nero Re-encode the file, All you Probably had to Do was use the "Mpeg2/SVCD" Setting while Multiplexing instead of the Plain "Mpeg2" setting, You probably could have burned it anyway and it would have played OK, the reason why you don"t let Nero encode Is Because it will Totally give you Bad Quality...

Question - TE25 - PAL to NTSC? No.36673
metazai  Home )  2003-05-02 21:27:25 ( ID:5j61xdezhfm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several files, mostly mpeg but some avi, that refuse to work with myDVD and be burned to a NTSC DVD because they are supposedly PAL-encoded somehow. Is it possible for an mpeg to be PAL or NTSC? More to the point, how can I get TMPGEnc to re-encode the file to NTSC, or can I at all?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Minion  2003-05-02 22:02:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Can Not Properly encode Pal to NTSC or NTSC to Pal, If you try the Resulting Files will Play Very Jumpy...You can do it yourself Manually ,Or if you are Good with Writeing AVISynth Scripts you can do it that Way but if not the Manual Way can be a Little tricky, This is for AVI Files that are 25fps Pal, you will need a Good Audio editor like Cool edit or Sound Forge or Video editor Like Vegas Video 4, and you will need a Little Program called "AVIFrate",And Probably something Like Virtual Dub to extract the audio from the AVI files, so first you would Extract the audio from the AVI files with Virtual Dub to Wav format, then use AVIFrate to Change the Frame rate to 23.97fps(NTSC Film), Now that the Frame rate is Lower the video will me 4% longer than the Audio so you will Have to use an audio editor to Time Stretch the Audio to the exact length of the Video, once that is Done you can encode them to Mpeg useing the NTSC Film Profile and the Audio and Video should be in sync, you can Use something like Vegas Video to match the audio and video up and see if they are in total sync and make any corrections there, But this can be sort of tricky at times and you need access to a good audio editor..

mGuru  2003-05-04 19:27:48 ( ID:bbv2dboiwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have done some PAL->NTSC conversions recently that came out well; well to be honest they were reencodes, not true conversions. The video part is easy. The audio can be very frustrating. I am assuming SVCD.

Make your d2v and load into TMPG. These settings are the important ones, all others you can set as you normally do: Set your frame size to 480x480 (not 480x576). Set your frame rate to 29.97. Set your Encode mode to non-interlace. Set your video format to NTSC. On the advanced tab, set your video type to Progressive and your source aspect ratio to 4:3. Re-encode.

Then mux with audio. You might need to stretch the audio out slightly, but from what I've seen, sometimes the audio is fine as is. If you need to stretch, go MP2->WAV and then edit with CoolEdit or the like which has stretch capabilities. I've had no success with audio frame conversion like in besweet or vdub. For the stretch, only do micro amounts +/- 50 milliseconds...shouldn't need more than that at a time.

Ok then...good luck!

mGuru

Minion  2003-05-04 21:03:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes ,If you choose the "Do not Frame Rate Conversion" in the Advanced tab it will Convert it to the Frame rate you want but then you will Have an audio sync Problem, so you have to stretch the audio exactly 4%, I usually encode the Video first the after check it"s Length then stretch the audio to the exact length of the Video then Mux them together, But I allready explained all of this...

Ashy  2003-05-05 12:35:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@mGuru
>On the advanced tab, set your video type to Progressive

This depends on the actual PAL source. If it's from DVD or other progressive sources then it can be set to progressive, but if it's from a source such as interlaced camera footage then you cannot use progressive it must be set to interlaced as you will need to set the correct field order.

I'm sorry, but this is not the correct way to convert PAL to NTSC.
Firstly in your method you do not tell the user to select "Do not Frame Rate Conversion" this is very important. If you do not select this setting then the result will be a jerky playback MPEG as TMPG cannot do a proper frame rate conversion.

Secondly it is not advisable to convert from 25 fps to 29.97 fps. There is a 4 fps difference here which is quite noticible and will seem as if the movie is playing slow. The same goes for the audio, even though the length and the pitch can be adjusted it will have a strange effect on the sound because it is playing back too slow.

Correct PAL to NTSC conversions are from 25 fps to 23.976 fps and use 3:2 pulldown to give the correct playback rate of 29.97 fps. (This only works in MPEG2)

The only way to convert from 25 fps to 29.97 fps successfully in MPEG1 is to use a proper frame rate converter such as AVisynth to frame serve to TMPG which gives far superior results. This way it is not neccessary to adjust the audio length.

Ashy  2003-05-05 15:25:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@metazai
You do not need to re-encode these files at all.
For your MPEGs (these must be MPEG2) use Pulldown.exe and it's GUI to alter the frame rate add 3:2 pulldown. This will create a compatible 29.97 fps MPEG2 for DVD. For your AVI's use AVIfrate.

You will need to demux the audio from these files first and then adjust it using an audio editor which has a pitch adjustment such as Cooledit to stretch the length of the audio to match that of your Video.

Question - TE25 - help needed No.36671
omry  2003-05-02 08:33:03 ( ID:xks805kz7rh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have encountered a strange problem which I can't seem to solve.

When I am compiling a certain movie xvid to vcd I get the premovie slogan (like the producing company or title) then it (only the video) goes black for the 1:30 first minutes or so and then goes right again till the end.
The audio is just fine from the begining. (so the first 1:30 minutes or so I can only hear the audio but the screen is black).
The source is just fine played with any media player.
No synchronization problems cause it is cut to two cds and everything is fine. I have created a wav audio stream with virtual dub.

Can somebody shed some light on this. Thx in advance.

SAM  2003-05-03 10:07:30 ( ID:keou8tnkeok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

IF YOU'RE A KAZAA USER THEN TRY TO DOWNLOAD "ALL CODECS INSTALLER" FROM KAZAA & INSTALL IT INTO YOUR PC. IT'LL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

GOOD LUCK!

SAM

Question - TE25 - VCD on TV problem No.36667
TAUhk  2003-05-02 06:49:43 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I been making a lot of VCDs, but I realized when I play it on TV most of the clips of the side is not shown. I currently use "Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio)". When I post here last I was told that I can customize so that it has more black bars but it would keep all the information.
Anyone has same problem? What did you do? What kind of setting do you use for it? (Center, Center(Customize), Full Screen . . .)
I dont mind the picture being smaller than regular full screen as long as every thing is in the screen.
Thanks a lot. . .

Minion  2003-05-02 20:29:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, you use the "Center Custom Size" setting and experiment with the Size setting till it looks the way you want,...

TAUhk  2003-05-02 23:02:07 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any tips on the size setting?
What do you use?
Is it diff for "EACH" movie?
I dont want to waste a bunch of cd to check to get it right.
Thanks a lot

Minion  2003-05-03 06:45:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you go into the "Advanced Settings" to "Clip Frame" there you can see what the picture will look like, so You can adjust it and see what the results would be.If you are just trying to compensate for your TV"s overscan try anywere from 4 to 20 Pixels off each side of the Picture depending on how bad your TV"s overscan is...

Question - TE25 - audio sych No.36665
lupy  2003-05-02 06:38:05 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi file that has the audio out of sych with the video. When i encode it to a vcd with tmpgenc, the audio is perfectly in sych! How does tmpgenc manage to do that?(am not complaining) I must admit, the avi is incomplete and must be loaded into virtual dub , where is reconstructs the missing index block, in order to view it. The avi file is divx 5.0 and is only some 10% of its total length. (still downloading it!). I do not extract the audio first. The audio is already in uncompressed pcm formatt. It is mono. So what i am saying is that virtual dub, after reconstructing the missing index block, does not play audio/video in sych but tmpgenc does.

Minion  2003-05-02 20:26:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In this Case It is Probably just some sort of Fluke cuz Tmpgenc doesn"t have some sort of Self Syncing Feature, I guess you got lucky...

Question - TE25 - Doesn't work No.36662
Fixinit1970  2003-05-02 03:08:42 ( ID:xhrypxipszm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off, this is a great little program. I downloaded the trial version this morning and it worked great. I have been playing with it most of the day with no problems. Tonight I tried to open it and got the white trial screen and that is it. The program is running in my task properties but it doesn't show up nor can I use it. If I click on it to try to start it again, it starts a new event of it in my task properties and I have to close them down manually. Tried redownloading but that didn't help. I am running Win 2000, 256 DDR,1.5 Ghz Pentium4 with 250gb total hd space. Any help is appreciated.

Scott

tad29  2003-05-04 04:21:41 ( ID:qgwfh.ghizr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had similar problems and they seem to occur if TMPG has previously crashed and left a zero size file as the output file. Then when opening the program again the default output file still has the same name and the program hangs. I solved this by simply deleting the bad output file. The default input file seems to also cause this problem.

Ashy  2003-05-05 15:57:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you completely delete TMPG from your system before installing again, especially if you have the installer version as TMPG still leaves traces which are causing the problem.
You must ensure you have deleted the following files - 'TMPGEnc.ini' and 'CurrentCfg.tpr' when removing TMPG.

Question - TE25 - help needed No.36657
omry  2003-05-02 00:08:38 ( ID:xks805kz7rh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have encountered a strange problem which I can't seem to solve.

When I am compiling a certain movie xvid to vcd I get the premovie slogan (like the producing company or title) then it (only the video) goes black for the 1:30 first minutes or so and then goes right again till the end.
The audio is just fine from the begining. (so the first 1:30 minutes or so I can only hear the audio but the screen is black).
The source is just fine played with any media player.
No synchronization problems cause it is cut to two cds and everything is fine. I have created a wav audio stream with virtual dub.

Can somebody shed some light on this. Thx in advance.

Minion  2003-05-02 02:29:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct show" to "1 or 2" then encode and see if the image gets encoded fine, if that doesn"t work the Download the "FFDShow Filter" this Filter will Decode all DivX/XviD/Mpeg-4 Codecs better than the Codecs them selves and could solve your Problem....

omry  2003-05-02 09:33:20 ( ID:xks805kz7rh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok

It seems to have solved it.

tHx very much.

SAM  2003-05-03 10:10:05 ( ID:keou8tnkeok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI

IF YOU USE KAZAA, THEN TRY TO DOWNLOAD "ALL CODECS INSTALLER" FROM KAZAA. IT'LL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

RGDS

SAM

Ashy  2003-05-03 13:13:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NO! Bad idea.
Installing codecs from the likes of codec packs just for the sake of it only causes more problems and leads to conflicts on your system.
Only install codecs you need and stay well clear of codec packs.

Question - TE25 - re: codecs No.36655
haraskins  2003-05-01 21:39:38 ( ID:gxhevqi68pr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded a few files recently that will not play in windows media player. It tries to do download a codec but says there has been an error in doing this. If i explore the files they all seem to require the angel potion codec, which i have downloaded but this still will not let me watch the files. Any advice? Do i have to convert the files, if so how?

Minion  2003-05-02 02:25:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First thing Get Rid of the "Angel Potion Codec" that is if you want to use Tmpgenc, Cuz that Codec is a Hacked codec that Causes Major problems with Tmpgenc and Any Mpeg-4 codec will let you watch Angel Potion Encoded Files..First you have to Make sure that the Files aren"t Corrupted Which is Very Common with Downloaded files, and if it is encoded with a DivX/Xvid/Mpeg-4 codec which it probably is then you should look for a Codec/Filter Called "FFDShow" it will Decode Practicly any Format From all Mpeg-4 formats to Mpeg and Mjpeg Formats..

Bug report - TE25 - Batch encode leaves short clip No.36654
Hunter44  2003-05-01 16:17:37 ( ID:f7zwewmizy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Haven't been able to find the answer by searching so I hope someone can direct me to or be able to help any other way. I set an AVI file to batch encode into 2 50 minute mpgs. After 10 to 20 minutes the first one finishes and goes right to the 2nd one. TMPGEnc never gave me a problem on my old system running ME, but since I upgraded and loaded Win2000 I'm getting the problem.
Thanks

Question - TE25 - Xvid changes No.36652
Divx  2003-05-01 12:43:44 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I've followed the changes needed to use xvid files and wonder if I need to change them back when not using xvid.

The Environment changes: Direct show to 3 from 0
AVI2 to 1 from 0
TMPGENC Pro to 0 from -1
BMP/PPM to ........

Thanks Steven

Minion  2003-05-01 21:29:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You only really need to change the Prioritys of the Vfapi Plugin if you have problems loading files into tmpgenc..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.