Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 656 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 No sound Debbie G 7 2002-11-07 15:06:29
Question TE25 Conversion fails, HD space gets smaller Nacron 2 2002-11-06 08:55:19
Question TE25 Metallic sound dalrmi 2 2002-11-07 08:47:06
Question TE25 tried virtual dub still no luck otkidd 1 2002-11-05 22:14:35
Question TE25 Cannot Detect Audio Em 1 2002-11-05 22:06:21
Question TE25 Merge/Cut Dennis 3 2002-11-06 22:07:17
Question TE25 Can I store photos on a cd and view the on my dvd player Wayne 2 2002-11-05 06:07:26
Question TE25 CAN I PAUSE? kpc180 1 2002-11-05 00:20:23
Free talk TE25 TMPG and other encoding HELP/CHAT Furball 1 2002-11-06 23:31:07
Question TE25 mpeg audio conversion jamie 1 2002-11-04 22:21:50
Question TE25 Adding Transitions to SVCD Flash 2 2002-11-05 22:42:52
Question TE25 Failed to create device context - TPMGEnc Kay 0 2002-11-04 19:53:00

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 656 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - No sound No.30354
Debbie G  2002-11-05 15:31:24 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help all of a sudden my films I am encoding do not have sound. I keep getting all sorts of number error messages. I am very new to this so if anyone can help in VERY SIMPLE instructions i would be very greatful as I understand non of the technical stuff i am afraid, i am only doing it so I can put subtitles on films for my father.

Thanks

Debbie

Minion  2002-11-05 22:18:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For the audio you need to extract the audio to a WAV file...You can do this with "Virtual Dub" ..you open Virtual Dub and load in the AVI file then go to "File" to "Save as WAV" then use that file as the audio source...You can get Virtual Dub at "http://www.virtualdub.org"....

Debbie G  2002-11-06 07:35:34 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank I have virtualdub but i can not find the sav to wav in the drop down menu under file. it has sav to avi but not wav.

Minion  2002-11-06 08:10:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Maybe you have an older version or something cuz at least the last 3 versions have this option..It says "Save Wav" in the 12 line down the "File" Menu....You can get the newest version at "http://www.virtualdub.org/"...

gbagman37  2002-11-07 05:37:44 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe you have to load movie in Vdub before you have that option

Debbie G  2002-11-07 07:35:46 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok people i have now found that option but, now i have sound and the picture disappearers after about 20 minutes and does not come back. Sorry to be a pain but WHYYYYY.

Minion  2002-11-07 09:01:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the picture go away while encodeing or in the Mpeg file???To correct this try going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Debbie G  2002-11-07 15:06:29 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

picture is fine until playback have changed enviromental setting but now the sound is out of sync with video. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question - TE25 - Conversion fails, HD space gets smaller No.30351
Nacron  2002-11-05 11:29:48 ( ID:h8dpwqi0wfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an ASF movie to mpeg and it has failed several times already. I just tried again and it said that there might not be enough space, so I checked the space on the hard drive and it dropped from 4 gig to 400 mb. Where are the files that are taking up the space? I've checked the temp directory for my login and in windows. I can't find any temp files.

Minion  2002-11-05 22:16:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are useing the "Multipass" method it stores the info from the Passes in the system cache, if you are doing a Multipass encode then you should have a bunch of space on your hard drive....

Nacron  2002-11-06 08:55:19 ( ID:h8dpwqi0wfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I figured out what was wrong, after I restarted, I checked and there was the files in the norton protected folder. It was being cached after I deleted it. Thanks for your idea.

Question - TE25 - Metallic sound No.30348
dalrmi  2002-11-05 11:08:20 ( ID:84pyj1yus1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy, I'm just using tmpgenc to convert an AVI file to MPG file in VCD format.
The result regarding video is excellent but the sound is a little "metallic", in the AVI format the sound is ok.

Do you know if I've to change some settigns or how to do ? Perphaps de-mux the audio and re-encode after ? But how ?

Thanks and best regards.

Ashy  2002-11-05 18:55:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it's a problem with TMPG's samplerate converter.

You can use various others as plugins with TMPG, you can find out which ones by going to Enviroment setting>External tool the holding the cursor over the 'use' box. SCMPX seems to be best.

The other alternative and the way I prefer is to convert the audio to a wav with Virtualdub and change the samplerate to 44.1 khz, but check the high quality box then load that into TMPG.

ASHY

dalrmi  2002-11-07 08:47:06 ( ID:84pyj1yus1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, I'll try it.

Bye, dalrmi!

Question - TE25 - tried virtual dub still no luck No.30346
otkidd  2002-11-05 03:44:42 ( ID:yiyckgkczmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I still can't get a preview screen in TMPGEnc or virtual dub I ran a scan in virtual dub and it said 0 bad frames 0 good frames file can not be encoded I am not sure I am doing this right but i clicked file went to open video opened it and went to video clicked on it and went down to scan file and clicked on it. I don't under stand how all my avi's could be bad. What am I doing wrong????????? i have the direct show up to 2 i down loaded the nimo pack build 8. How do I know what codec to use and how do I tell if the avi is bad now I am currently downloading red dragon in mpeg format from IMesh can I encode it in TMPGEnc then burn it to vcd or what do I do with a movie that is already in mpeg format.

Minion  2002-11-05 22:14:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the movie is allreadt in Mpeg format then try just burning it to a Disk without encodeing it...But if Virtual dub won"t show a Picture and you do have the proper codec then there is either a Problem with the configuration of your system(codecs,Conflicts,Programs) or the file is Corrupted...File corruption is Very common with Downloaded files..Whan downloading a File you are downloading Billions of lines of code and if just a Few lines of code get lost or corrupted then it could verry well ruin the whole file..That is why I don"t download files off the net anymore..I had about a 1 in 3 chance that the file I downloaded would be totally fine...To find out which codec the file was encoded with just right click the file and go to "properties"...or there is a Program called "AVI Info" that could tell you what codec was used, you can get it here: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/yaai.html

Question - TE25 - Cannot Detect Audio No.30344
Em  2002-11-05 02:07:45 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert an avi file to mpeg, but it seems that the audio cannot be detected. I played the avi in windows media player 9, and it runs fine. However, when I tried playing it in older versions of windows media player, it also does not have sound.

Any suggestions?

Minion  2002-11-05 22:06:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" or Sound Forge" and use that as the audio source....

Question - TE25 - Merge/Cut No.30340
Dennis  2002-11-05 01:36:10 ( ID:ddmwhkljgco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I searched the archive for this problem, and found the question, but no answer that solves the problem.

I'm using the Merge & Cut to cut commercials out of a DVD compliant MPEG-2.
When adding a file to the Merge & Cut list of source files, and then press Edit or Double click to set start and stop brackets, the system crash when I press OK or Cancel to go back to the list.
I can see that the start and stop time in the source file list has been updated, so it seems like it crash after the "Edit merge Item" dialog is finished.
It doesn't matter what I do. I've noticed on forums that this is a buggy part of TMPGENC, but no hints help in my case.
I've tried
1. Setting the Output file before enter the "Edit merge Item"
2. Press Play and Pause before doing anything else
3. Not playing at all, just entering the time values in the fields
4. Remultiplexing my MPEG file.

I'm running on a Windows XP system with a Pentium 4.
Anyone with a similar problem (or, event better, a solution)
Like the tool, so I wouldn't like to use any other editor.

/Dennis

Minion  2002-11-05 22:05:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you are out of luck Because you HAVE TO use a different editor, there are NO magic settings that will solve your problems...The reason why you didn"t find a answer to the problem is Because there really isn"t any solution to the problem accept maybe doing a Total re-install of your OS which may or may not help...Or you can try a different version of tmpgenc But that Might not help either...You can use Tmpgenc to encode everything accept the commercials useing the one of the "Source Range" settings...Or edit out the commercials before you encode that is if you captured to AVI and encoded with Tmpgenc...Sory but what you are asking for has been asked Many times before and a Solution has not been found...Tmpgenc only supports Mpeg files encoded by Tmpgenc and it has the same problems with those files....

Klaus Deiss  2002-11-06 10:20:26 ( ID:sqcfuydelu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Dennis, Hi Minion,

Perhaps there is a solution. Please look at my posting

http://www.tmpgenc.net/cgi-bin/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc#topic16228

Minion thank you very much for your assistance - would be great if that tool could help also others - could result in less support..........

Best on that solution is that the tool is free and that it has a command-line interface !

Thanks again

Klaus Deiss

Minion  2002-11-06 22:07:17 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried that tool and It works with files that have errors in them and for files that are Mpeg captures But it doesn"t help with a File that doesn"t have errors in it and was encoded with Tmpgenc....

Question - TE25 - Can I store photos on a cd and view the on my dvd player No.30337
Wayne  2002-11-05 00:20:48 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how can i save my digital photos to cd and watch them on my dvd player?

Minion  2002-11-05 01:26:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly do you want to do??Do you want to just be able to put a cd-r into the DVD Player and be able to use the remote to scan through and watch each picture??Or do you want to do more of a Movie with Pictures with say some backround music and/or narration??Maybe check this out:http://www.photo2vcd.com/photo2vcd.html

gbagman37  2002-11-05 06:07:26 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm

goto this site.. for Ulead PictureShow

Question - TE25 - CAN I PAUSE? No.30335
kpc180  2002-11-05 00:10:05 ( ID:kppgrhps1oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK I'M ENCODING AND I WANT IT TO STOP CAUSE IT IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE AND I WANNA DO OTHER THINGS ON MY COMPUTER AND FINISH ENCODING TONIGHT IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN PAUSE IT AND PICK UP FROM THAT SPOT LATER ON? WITHOUT STARTING ALL OVER??? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Furball  2002-11-05 00:20:23 ( ID:z3y/ltmsrxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, just simply click the stop button, you will be prompted with a question..."do you wish to finsh encoding or somthing" and there you go, with that msg displayed it is paused!

Free talk - TE25 - TMPG and other encoding HELP/CHAT No.30333
Furball  2002-11-05 00:07:56 ( ID:z3y/ltmsrxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having trouble encoding/decoding...using TMPG with other programs etc.....

Join MIRC
Server: Austnet.random server
Channel: #TMPG

GGUEST  2002-11-06 23:31:07 ( ID:w50y0wolxgh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i yse merge and cut foar an mpeg1 i am getting a error message at read error adress 73F91D04 any ideas?

Question - TE25 - mpeg audio conversion No.30331
jamie  2002-11-04 20:53:00 ( ID:aqsweoik1qo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello there,

i was wondering does anybody know how to convert from mpg audio to either
ac3 or wav ??

thanx in advance,
jamie.

Minion  2002-11-04 22:21:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Allmost any Audio encoder will encode Mpeg audio to Wav..Even Tmpgenc will do it..You just load the audio in then go to "File" to "Output to" then to "Wav"..But makeing AC# is Much more difficult...You will need to get an AC# encoder of some sort like the one I use is called "Digigram Dolby Digital Encoder/Decoder" and they don"t come cheap...

Question - TE25 - Adding Transitions to SVCD No.30328
Flash  2002-11-04 20:29:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I am looking to add a few transitions and other effects to my captured home videos. I have captured these to SVCD via a Dazzle DVCII and encoding with TMPGEnc.
Now I have looked at Vegas Video and Adobe Premiere and was wondering which of these two is better.
Will they encode as good as TMPGEnc or will I still be required to encode with TMPGEnc before adding any effects.

Thanks

Flash

Minion  2002-11-04 22:16:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to add transitions or do any editing then you shouldn"t Capture to Mpeg format...Mpeg Format is not meant to be edited and editing it can cause Problems with the Mpeg file itself..You Should Capture to AVI then edit in say "Premier" then use the Video server to Frame serve the file to Tmpgenc or any an other encoder to Encode to mpeg...The Built in Mpeg encoders for Vegas Video and Premier aren"t very good, the one in Vegas Video is better But it is Much slower and you need to register the Mpeg encoder before it works..and there are a lot of Mpeg plugins for Premier But the best is probably CCE but either way you will loose a LOT of Quality if you try to edit the mpeg file Cuz you will have to re-encode it if you add any effects or edit with these programs...Premier is a Fairly good AVI Capture program But Vegas Video Only captures Uncompressed AVI File when useing an analog source and only encodes to DV with a DV Source.Virtual Dub is a Much better Capture program though...

Flash  2002-11-05 22:42:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info
I have been playing wih Premiere but only got 26 days left.
Vegas Video I have full install with mpeg plugin.
I think for now I will leave the fancy bits out until I learn some more.
Thanks

Flash

Question - TE25 - Failed to create device context - TPMGEnc No.30327
Kay  2002-11-04 19:53:00 ( ID:qx6w4qqnega )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi !!

I try to encode an avi-file and there is an error - Failed to create device context.What does that mean??

THX

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.