Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 788 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How do I convert a mov file into mpg? KoticPhreak 1 2002-07-16 01:37:33
Question TE25 MPEG1 Quality albert 1 2002-07-16 01:35:48
Request TE25 How do you convert one big *.avi to two *.mpg files<650MB? Joy 2 2002-07-16 01:26:09
Question TE25 ASF to MPEG1-VCD FaOctubre 1 2002-07-15 21:55:47
Bug report TE25 Software conflict between MYDVD & TMPGEnc Slammin' 1 2002-07-16 10:42:31
Question TE25 file size TheG-Man 4 2002-07-16 01:48:49
Request TE25 Suggestions for Cut & Merge Editor jschefdog 3 2002-07-17 12:14:26
Bug report TE25 Audio Problem cubase50 4 2002-07-15 22:12:51
Question TE25 DVD to DVD-R FearlessOneXXX 3 2002-07-16 14:49:08
Bug report TE25 MPG time too big! defenderjim 2 2002-07-17 15:08:43
Free talk TE25 What is the Best PC configuration for MPEG encoding? Burn Tan 6 2002-07-16 12:58:46
Question TE25 playback on DVD-Player not possible andy ghazias 3 2002-07-15 17:10:16

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 788 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How do I convert a mov file into mpg? No.24934
KoticPhreak  2002-07-16 01:01:30 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm pretty sure tmpgenc cannot convert from mov to something else, but does anyone know what can?

Minion  2002-07-16 01:37:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc sure can encode "mov" files, but you need the "mov vfapi plugin" installed, you can download it in the "tools" section at "www.vcdhelp.com"....

Question - TE25 - MPEG1 Quality No.24932
albert  2002-07-16 00:17:47 ( ID:w29btrivx/m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have my son graduation in video file in DV format. I wanted to give his classmate a copy of this using a CD-R compressed in MPEG1 format (so it can be easily viewed using PC windows media player). I want it viewed in full screen and maintain the quality as close to the DV format as possible.

1. For full screen do i have to encode it with TMPEGenc as 720x240 or use the 352x240 (VCD) resolution. If i use 352x240 and increased the the zoom to 100-200% i noticed that the quality goes really bad. In relation to bit rate does it follow that 352x240 with 5000mbps(i.e.) is the same as 720x240 with lower bit rate. What would be the best combination of settings to encode MPEG1, for PC playback, full screen?

2. After playing around with all those settings will i have any problem if reencode the MPEG file to VCD format in the future.

3. I read in the forum using DivX will give better quality, the thing is i dont want to act as Help Desk to this people. Is there any free player which is easy to install. Im thinking of including an autorun file so those guys wont have to do anything anymore.

Thanks

Albert

Minion  2002-07-16 01:35:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are just going to watch it on a computer screen then divx will probably give you better quality for the file size and media player shouldn"t have a problem playing them as long as the codec is installed on your system.I guess you mean 720 by 480 not 720 by 240, if you decide to do mpeg1 then useing the higher resolution with a higher bitrate will give you better quality then at a lower resolution but to keep the same quality as the lower resolution you have to increase the bitrate quite a bit and depending on how long the file is you might not get it on a cd-r, at 5000kbs you will only get about 20 minutes on a cd-r but it should be close to dvd quality if your avi file is close the the same quality, and useing the "CQ" encodeing method should help keep the file size down.....

Request - TE25 - How do you convert one big *.avi to two *.mpg files<650MB? No.24929
Joy  2002-07-15 23:00:56 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After loading the sample.avi files as Video source and Audio source, I did "load-->VideoCD(NTSC).mcf", then "start". I got a 1.1G *mpg file after 3 hours. Is it the correct way to get a vcd file from *.avi file? How can I cut the resulted *.mpg file into two *.mpg files<650MB, so that I can burn them into two 650MB cdrs? I did search the BBS a little bit, but can't find anything about file size. Thanks in advance.

KoticPhreak  2002-07-16 01:03:05 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use "VCD Cutter" (KaZaA)

Minion  2002-07-16 01:26:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off you can get about 750mb of mpeg on a 650mb cd-r, plus tmpgenc has a mpeg editor ,go to "file" to "mpeg tools" to "merge and cut" then edit your mpeg there, pluss you don"t have to edit your mpeg files if you use the "source range" in the "advanced settings" to encode your file in parts so you don"t have to edit, if you are doing a standard compliant vcd each minute of mpeg1/vcd is about 10mb so on a 74minute 650mb cd-r you can get about 74-75 minutes on mpeg1/vcd so you set the source range to encode to the 74 minute mark then you set the source range to encode from the 74 minute mark to the end,this only really works if you are useing the "CBR" encodeing method..But it is a good idea to get a different mpeg editor cuz the one in tmpgenc can cause sync problems or crash on you, you can download a few mpeg editors at "www.apachez.net" but it is best to use the source range so you don"t have to deal with it....

Question - TE25 - ASF to MPEG1-VCD No.24927
FaOctubre  2002-07-15 20:37:23 ( ID:rmp5w3xk5an )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying create VCD files from ASF but I have problems reading the Audio encoding.
If I read Aoudio and Video from the ASF, it take forever to convert and have audio problems.
If I convert ASF to WMV and read Video from ASF (for better quality) and Audio from WMV, then I can do it in 10 minutes.
Is there any way out ot second layer decoding for Audio that helps to avoid conversion from 2 sources?

Thanks

ASHY  2002-07-15 21:55:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the file into Virtualdub_asf and frameserve it to TMPG.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - Software conflict between MYDVD & TMPGEnc No.24925
Slammin'  2002-07-15 20:37:18 ( ID:hhwunupan1a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A few things,

- I'm using Sonic(tm) MYDVD to create DVDs on my hard drive. TMPGEnc
crashes while trying to load MPEG-2 layer files both in the wizard
& on the main program screen. If I uninstall MYDVD, TMPGEnc works
like a champ! (fix anyone?) :)

- Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see the ability to export to .VOB format in
TMPGEnc so I can get rid of MYDVD altogether. If TMPGEnc created the
.VOB files, there's a proggie out there called IFOEDIT that will
create the necessary .IFO & .BUP files from the .VOB files.

- FWIW, Nero does NOT support the conversion of .MPG to .VOB. Nero
will only create the file system. You have to come up with the DVD. :)

Griff  2002-07-16 10:42:31 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I'm using Sonic(tm) MYDVD to create DVDs on my hard drive. TMPGEnc
crashes while trying to load MPEG-2 layer files both in the wizard
& on the main program screen. If I uninstall MYDVD, TMPGEnc works
like a champ! (fix anyone?) :)

I have the same problem. The simple solution is to frameserve the mpeg2 files to TEMPGenc using DVD2AVI (to frameserve, "Frame Serve", quite literally means use software in a server-client relation. DVD2AVI serves the movie frames to the TEMPGenc client. there's no loss of quality ;-)

>Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see the ability to export to .VOB format in
TMPGEnc so I can get rid of MYDVD altogether. If TMPGEnc created the
.VOB files, there's a proggie out there called IFOEDIT that will
create the necessary .IFO & .BUP files from the .VOB files.

Interesting idea. But if you're going to generate the VOB's you may as well generate the IFO's as well. Then TMPGEnc becomes an authoring package as well.

Griff

Question - TE25 - file size No.24920
TheG-Man  2002-07-15 20:15:46 ( ID:7ttyvjaxchr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is thier any was to shrink the file size when your converting a mepg2 file to mpeg1? when i try to convert a 159mb file over the estamted file size afterwords is 3361380.36mb??:/ can someone please help me?:) BTW, i dont have any audio in the file...its just video.

Minion  2002-07-15 20:27:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That file size estimate is odviously an error,you could make 100dvd"s with a file that size,Try frame serveing the mpeg2 file to tmpgenc from dvd2avi cuz it seems that tmpgenc is reading the file wrong, the size of a mpeg file is directly linked to the bitrate used to encode that file, generally speaking svcd/mpeg2 is about 20mb per minute and vcd/mpeg1 is 10 mb per minute that is useing the standard bitrate specification, so lowering the bitrate will decrease the file size.....

TheG-Man  2002-07-15 22:59:34 ( ID:he4tbdlesmn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok im cluless, i dont understand what you mena;)

>Try frame serveing the mpeg2 file to tmpgenc from dvd2avi cuz it seems that tmpgenc is reading the file wrong,

Ok what do you mean by this?:) or how do you do this?:)

Minion  2002-07-16 01:13:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, you download dvd2avi and then load your mpeg file into it and make a " d2v project file" then load the project file into tmpgenc then tmpgenc will think the project file is an avi file when it is your mpeg file then encode, if you want to learn about different techniques and what mpeg encodeing is all about go to "www.vcdhelp.com" and read a lot..

TheG-Man  2002-07-16 01:48:49 ( ID:7ttyvjaxchr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks!:) sorry for being such a num skull:)

Request - TE25 - Suggestions for Cut & Merge Editor No.24916
jschefdog  2002-07-15 18:46:54 ( ID:frdpcv7d1tn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the author of TMPGenc is missing an opportunity. There are a lot of MPEG editors out there selling from $100 to $700 (MyFlix, nanoPEG, mpeg2vcr, M2-Edit). I have been looking for something that I can use to edit VBR MPEG2 files created by the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR model 250. See the following for more info.

http://pvr.opcenter.de/viewtopic.php?t=699

Except for a slight audio sync problem, TMPGenc is the best low cost option I have found. If this problem could be fixed and a few features added, the editor alone could be a product that people might pay for. nanoPEG (which comes with WinTV-PVR) is similar to cut & merge and sells for $200. The output is not as clean as TMPGenc. I purchased TMPGenc several months ago for encoding, but was surprised to find that it's editor is competitive with options costing a lot more.

A couple of suggestions. An option to save/load cut lists from the editor would be very helpful. Occasionally TMPGenc does crash when I am trying to set the cut points. I can live with that, but it is frustrating to have to start over. If I could restore a saved cut list, it wouldn't be a big deal. It would also make it easier to find cut points if there was a way to move forward/back by a larger number of frames. Maybe something like buttons to skip forward/back by 10 and 100 frames. If find zeroing in on the cut frame I want to be one of the most tedious parts of editing. It's surprising that most programs don't provide a better way to do this.

jschefdog  2002-07-15 18:54:04 ( ID:frdpcv7d1tn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Almost forgot, it would be nice to have an option to split a clip. This option creates two clips from same file with the end of the first and start of the second set by the split point. This way you don't have to keep reloading the same file.

Griff  2002-07-16 10:53:37 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t digital terrestial card. I think that TMPGEnc is a good editor for the mpeg 2 files that this card creates. The audio sync problem is a problem I also have in TMPGEnc; it's not caused by dropped video frames however, but a bug, which causes the audio to skip occasionaly (it does this on the mpa files even when no video is present).

If you want more sophisticated editing abilities, why don't you try frameserving the mpeg2 files into Premier, I've read that it is possible to do this.

Griff

jschefdog  2002-07-17 12:14:26 ( ID:bail1abq78r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the suggestion. I am also thinking of trying Womble's mpeg2vcr which was suggested by others here. It sounds like a good editor but costs $250. I just think that TMPGenc is almost there as a good cut/merge only editor, and could be a great low cost solution with a little work. There are lots of people getting into PVR who just want to record TV shows and edit out the commercials. They don't need all the features that many editors have, and the cost of the good ones is high. I think there is a market for a good low cost simple editor.

Bug report - TE25 - Audio Problem No.24911
cubase50  2002-07-15 18:43:21 ( ID:sscxktbqh8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

Now after getting rid of the "Elecard MPEG2 Decoder"
and installing "m2v.vfp" Plug-in, I only can import the video stream of
my DVD captures.

When I take a look in the VFAPI directory there is the MPEG2 Video Plug-in "m2v.vfp" but no MPEG2 Audio Plug-in. Is this correct?

Is there Missing something?

Thanks !
cubase50

Minion  2002-07-15 20:32:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no audio plugin for tmpgenc accept the "wav" plugin, the reasom for not being able to load your dvd audio is probably because tmpgenc only supports certain types of audio but it is best to use uncompressed wav audio, but if you install some ac3 filters you might be able to load ac3 streams but i"m not sure..

ASHY  2002-07-15 22:00:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That plugin isn't the best for TMPG. It's quite slow and doesn't allow audio.
Remove that plugin and install this one instead, it's much quicker and decodes audio. http://www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-15 22:09:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correction what I should have said it doesn't decode the audio (I don't know why I said it did). You will need an Ac3 filter such as this one to decode the audio.
http://yunks.com/board/data/databank/files/20020215011225/AC3filters.exe

cubase50  2002-07-15 22:12:51 ( ID:rewupdoujmn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks!!!

I kicked the "m2v.vpf" out and installed the new one.

Now finally it works again!

cubase50

Question - TE25 - DVD to DVD-R No.24907
FearlessOneXXX  2002-07-15 18:17:44 ( ID:pxl206fuy7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can some give me step by step instructions on how to put a movie that's on DVD onto DVD-R. Thanks! in advance!

Minion  2002-07-15 20:34:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are some step by step manuals at www.vcdhelp.com......

Griff  2002-07-16 10:33:05 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i. Get a copy of Smartripper, and IFOEdit. Open up Smartripper and in "backup mode" copy the DVD to your hard drive.

ii. Go to the video_ts directory that Smartripper created and check how big the DVD is; if it's more than 4.5GB, the DVD will need to be backed up onto two DVD-Rs and I've explained how to do this previously on this BBS. Just go back about ten pages or so. If the DVD's less than 4.5GB, using IFOEdit open up VIDEO_TS.IFO in the video_ts directory.

iii. Making sure that you've taken out your origional DVD from the DVD drive click on play DVD (in IFOEdit).

iv. Check that each chapter plays correctly. If IFOEdit reports that there's something wrong with the file structure and askes if you would like to correct this, click on yes.

v. If ALL the chapters on the DVD play correctly you're ready to burn the DVD-R. If the chapters don't play correctly, or are out of sequence then most likely the DVD's got a complicated structure that Smartripper can't handle; it may be possible to rectify such problems but if you're new to backing up DVDs I would't attemp it.

vi. Assuming you're using Nero as the DVD-r buner, copy ALL the files in the video_ts directory on your hard drive into the VIDEO_TS directory that Nero creates in its file browser.

vii. Burn the DVD. That's it.

Griff

FearlessOneXXX  2002-07-16 14:49:08 ( ID:1zha5qofxjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for all your help Minion and Griff !! this is good information and i really appreciate your time you took out to reply back with this information, again thanks guys!!

Bug report - TE25 - MPG time too big! No.24904
defenderjim  2002-07-15 17:59:00 ( ID:4wcz.jbdbpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

run wizard, load mpg file, and number of minutes is wrong.
I get 336073 min / 27 sec.
file is actually 54 min / 17 sec.
Running win2k
I think 2.53 is ok, 2.56 TmpgEnc is bad.

Tried simple multiplex, no help.

Any advice to solve problem?

Thxmo  2002-07-16 06:27:17 ( ID:qukd5gjgyfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to demultiplex the Video source from the audio source. Then load them separately into TMPGEnc. Perhaps you have to convert the audiostream into wav (very big file!).
How to demux: www.vcdhelp.com

damon  2002-07-17 15:08:43 ( ID:x7xyqdvckcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is a bug in the new 2.56 version. I went back to 2.54a and all is well.

-d

Free talk - TE25 - What is the Best PC configuration for MPEG encoding? No.24897
Burn Tan  2002-07-15 12:09:10 ( ID:nmqdyrajeaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lets share your idea.
What do you think is the Best PC configuration for best MPEG encoding with current hardware available (not with hardward MPEG encoder board)?

Olli  2002-07-15 13:42:18 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im not sure what you eman by 'configuration'
Since TMPGenc is very processor intensive, the faster your processor, the faster encoding ...a nice wad of RAM doesnt hurt either.

It also depends a lot on your settings in TMPGenc

N Portet  2002-07-15 13:45:21 ( ID:p4atezfdevg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look at this site to check out if your DVD is compatible for VCD.
http://www.vcdhelper.com/

Nicolas

Burn Tan  2002-07-16 07:09:45 ( ID:nmqdyrajeaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I mean is what type of processor, p4 or athlon, single or multiple processors, what type of RAM, DDR or RDRAM and what type of Harddisk or disk system.
What type of combination (configuration) will provide best performance in term of speed and quality.

Minion  2002-07-16 08:19:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well since tmpgenc is optimized for Intel"s and Pentium 3 and 4 you might get a bit better performance then with a Athlon and since it is capible of multi-threading so you can use multiple processors and a whack of DDR-ram is better than sdr-ram so say a dual P4 2.2ghz with say a gig of DDr Ram would give you some killer performance probably encode at faster than real time and with the price of fast computers these days it isn"t to expensive to get a real fast cpu anymore,I just ordered a 1.7ghz Intel with everything accept the monitor and it was $499 canadian which is pretty cheap, and for quality I don"t think it really matters how fast or what kind of system you have with quality just the software the your source files...

Burn Tan  2002-07-16 11:15:34 ( ID:nmqdyrajeaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know, there is no dual processor board for P4 yet.
Do you think a dual 1Ghz PIII is better than single 2Ghz P4?
Will RDRAM better than DDR RAM?
I notice that the amount of RAM make no different, but will the speed of the RAM make significant different?
How about Harddisk? Speed is important?

B_Racer  2002-07-16 12:58:46 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DualBoards are a very good choice.
To buy fast RAM and fast HDDs is also a good Idea.

Question - TE25 - playback on DVD-Player not possible No.24893
andy ghazias  2002-07-15 09:06:14 ( ID:4qpk1/thpcn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I have encoded avi-files to DVD-formate or Video-CD-formate and burned it on a CD through normal cd-burner (not DVD-burner) but can not play it back an my DVD-Player device. Can any body tell me what I should do?

thanks!

TORGHN  2002-07-15 13:37:39 ( ID:w5hcvudlpyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. Are you sure your DVD player is capable of playing VCD's or computer generated CD's.

2. Are you creating MPEG-1 files for VCD and if so are you sure you are creating VCD's with your CD burner.

3. I recommend Ahead NERO CD burner, for burning Video CD's. I have never had a problem with any of the VCD's i have created and I now have almost 1000 in my collection.

4. If this doesn't work for you please feel free to contact me and I will see if I can help further.

Olli  2002-07-15 13:44:27 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other important point is to make sure that the CD media you are using is compatible with your DVD player.

My Sony DAVS300 for instance is very fussy and only a few brands will work.
Other players will play anything you chuck at them

Check out http://www.vcdhelp.com

and look at the section DVD player compatibility list. See the report other owners have written about your player , most also mention the type of media that works with the player

ASHY  2002-07-15 17:10:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ollie which cd's actually work in your player. A friend of mine has exactly the same player and has only managed to get rewritables to work so far, so I would appreciate it if you would post the CDR's you have used succesfully.

Cheers,
ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.